The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-06 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Another episode with 2 challenges...this one is IC, the climb the successive stands in the water, when all members of the tribe are on top, they jump off and onto the next smaller platform...some kind of a race?

I think that the RC involves balancing, as we see Flicka and Parvati balancing atop structures in the beginning of the vidcaps. Here we see Raro with a bit of a lead, as you see the jumping Raro's, you can see Candice backing toward the edge of the Aitu platform, note Jiffy in the background

Here is perhaps toward the end of the challenge and we see that Raro is again jumping off while Aitu is still climbing up...getting close...

Perhaps they all have to scale very small structures that requires alot of balance as Flicka and Parvati are doing at the top of the vidcaps...

...and here is the reward...

Note that Jiffy is in the light blue shirt, that he is seen wearing in the weight challenge, therefore the weights with pulleys challenge is the RC.

wine bottles perhaps?

Then here are some shots from the other challenge, the RC. This challenge looks to have at least 3 either blue or red platforms where there is a pulley system. The Daws have to hold ALOT of weight together...for as long as they can...last tribe standing will win...

Here are Nate and Adam:

Note the other 2 blue platforms in the background, I think Rebecca and Stephanie are next to Nate/Adam. Aitu platforms are behind Jiffy here.

Now, here is Flicka and Ozzy in is camo tshirt...note his hair...

**Also wanted to mention that Ozzy and Flicka paired together may be an ominous sign for Aitu...as I think that Ozzy and Yul would be the strongest pair of that tribe. So, does this mean that their strategy is to pair a guy with a girl, or would Yul be with Cowboy or Jonathan?

Now these shots are from the Aitu side, and we see Jiffy in their background. Here is I think Sundra and her partner dropping their weights...

note that Ozzy and Flicka are still holding their weights in the background...I wish I could tell what the status of the blue platform weights are in these pics??? Anyone with zoom in properties able to help out....CAT? Pepe? Knuckles?

Here is at the end of the challenge, obviously there is someone left still competing against Nathan and Adam at this point....but, are these our winners or no?

Now here are Flicka, Cowboy and Ozzy entering Raro territory...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... Brownroach 10-06-06 1
   RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... xwraith27 10-06-06 3
 Rules forehead 10-06-06 2
   RE: Rules mimo 10-07-06 11
 RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... mavs_fan 10-06-06 4
   RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... xwraith27 10-07-06 5
       RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... Flowerpower 10-07-06 6
           RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... xwraith27 10-07-06 7
 RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... Bravehart 10-07-06 8
   RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... Bravehart 10-08-06 13
 RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... sylvester 10-07-06 9
   RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... Flowerpower 10-07-06 10
       RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps... xwraith27 10-07-06 12
 Sports PIP promo Flowerpower 10-09-06 14
   RE: Sports PIP promo michel 10-09-06 15
       RE: Sports PIP promo Flowerpower 10-09-06 16
           RE: Sports PIP promo knuckles487 10-09-06 17
               RE: Sports PIP promo xwraith27 10-09-06 18
               RE: Sports PIP promogallery/albums/... Flowerpower 10-09-06 19
                   RE: Sports PIP promogallery/albums/... RudyRules 10-10-06 21
                   RE: Sports PIP promogallery/albums/... Brownroach 10-10-06 22
                       RE: Sports PIP promogallery/albums/... Flowerpower 10-10-06 24
   RE: Sports PIP promo Brownroach 10-10-06 20
       RE: Sports PIP promo emydi 10-10-06 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-06, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
I think Raro is *falling* off here, not jumping off:

The idea being that they all have to stay perched on that thing as long as possible (look at Aitu) -- what else would be the point of them all climbing onto it at the same time?

And Nate seems to be slapping the water in disgust in the earlier caps. Raro loses another one?

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-06-06, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-06 AT 02:45 AM (EST)

Hi, everyone!

I'm gonna have to agree with FloPo that this challenge is a race/balance challenge rather than purely a balance challenge. On these caps alone, here's what I think the IC will be:

One or more tribe members must cross these platforms,

do something, gather all members on a color-coded platform, jump into the water (Raro leading in this pic),

and get all members at the top of a platform (Aitu catching up):

First tribe to have all tribe members at the top wins.

Notice the following shots:

Raro falls as Rebecca tries to mount the platform

Nate hits the water. No Aitu members on their platform, but there is what seems to me as two people hugging each other just at the front of the Aitu platform. Also, a woman in a camo top (Flicka?) is looking towards the Aitu platform, clapping her hands:

Aitu wins immunity? I can't be too sure since Jeff doesn't have his arms raised to declare the end of the challenge, but the challenge seems to be over at this point.

As for the reward challenge, I think it's pretty straightforward. Tribes are divided into pairs. Pairs hold up weights using a pulley system. Each tribe member can only use one hand.

We see at least four people in each tribe competing in this challenge. Where are the other eight? This could be another S7 challenge, where tribe members choose to hang sandbags on the pulleys on opposing tribes, or another S13 challenge where tribe members hold up a percentage of the pair's combined body weight.

It's possible that Aitu wins reward, with a "hidden" reward of visiting the other tribe's camp and maybe cause some damage there.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-06-06, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Rules"
What's up with all the rules?

"Rule 1: Win every challenge"
Old Aitu - don't throw them, you will lose another one (Christina)?
NuAitu on a roll will sweep another episode?

"Rule 2: Never let them see you sweat"
See other promo: theme is armpits...
Reward is for: toiletries (what is this, Survivor the Ritz???).
Aitu wins toiletries (weight challenge), Raro will not see Aitu sweat.
More yuck, Adam seen sweating. (And losing another challenge. No yuck.)

"Rule 3: Break all the rules"
Aitu "visiting" Raro - against the rules, but they'll get away with it (They're TEAM AITU).
Doesn't really matter if Raro broke a rule or not in the IC (platform in water challenge); they forgot the most important rule - work as a team.

forehead

mimo 563 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-06, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mimo Click to send private message to mimo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rules"
Yeah, I thought those rules were interesting too. From rule one it would seem that either Cristina or Ozzy would be in trouble as the last remaining Aitu's (karma for throwing a challenge.) Especially if nu-Aitu starts a winning streak. Then rule three--could this be an indication that one of the original Aitu's (Ozzy?) could be "forgiven" for breaking rule one?

mavs_fan 299 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-06-06, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavs_fan Click to send private message to mavs_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
That last pic of Nate and Adam looks like trouble for the boys.

I suspect this is a team challenge where players are allowed to drop out.

For example: Everyone starts holding a rope attached to a weight arranged in such a way that each player is holding an equal amount of weight - say 10lbs each. (from the pic I'm thinking they have to hold the rope 1 handed). As players drops out the remaining players hold an increasing amount of weight. Under this scenario it would appear that Nate and Adam are struggling as the last 2 memebers of their team to hold the weight.

It looks like Nate and Adam are in trouble because the snap shot seems to show Adams hand caught in motion. I think this is the moment when Adam drops the weight he's holding, and I don't think Nate will be able to hold it himself.

10-07-06, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-06 AT 02:43 AM (EST)

That's definitely possible, mavs. I'm thinking of a different challenge setup, though. The pictures show the Survivors holding up bags whose colors are of the opposite tribe's.

This picture shows Raro holding up red bags. Notice also that there are three blue platforms. First, with Nathan and Adam; second with Rebecca and Stephannie; and third (just behind the second blue platform) seems to have people still on it.

Aitutaki with blue bags:

I think the people that we're not seeing, maybe two people per tribe, are in charge of distributing the bags among those who are partnered. If a pair drops their bags, those two people will re-distribute the bags that dropped, kinda like the Pearl Islands challenge.

I do agree, though, that Raro seems to be in trouble. Nathan and Adam are the strongest guys in this tribe, and they look like they're having A LOT of trouble keeping those bags up.

10-07-06, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
XWraith, great deductions here and I agree with you. I think there are 3 platforms of 2 people each that are holding weights, that would be 6 people from each tribe partnered up. As someone has suggested, I think they have to choose 2 guys together, a girl and a guy together, and then 2 girls together. We see Nathan/Adam, and Flicka/Ozzy. The tribe members that are not shown, 2 from each tribe, are in charge of adding and redistributing the weights. Definately Nathan/Adam are in serious trouble...and if they get out, if there is anyone left at Raro still standing, they won't be for long if they have to take on the dropped weight of Adam/Nathan...looks like an Aitu win, perhaps.

10-07-06, 09:39 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-06 AT 09:40 AM (EST)

Well, we know that there's at least three platforms. I don't think we have evidence that there isn't a fourth. I just think that the three-platform thing is the most plausible setup for this challenge. Also it'd be the most fair, given your 2 guys/2 girls/mixed pair division among the platforms.

Just a question, though... the platforms seem to be connected to each other. The ropes at the topmost part of the "posts" are clearly visible. Does anyone think that this plays into the challenge?

Edited for spelling.

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
In this pic we see Adam holding the weight:

But in this pic he is just hanging on to Nate:

Why is Adam not holding the weights? Did Adam already drop his weights? Ditto for the couple just behind Adam and Nate, I think you can see one set of their weights on the ground. Why does it appear that only one tribe member is hanging on to the weights?

I think this pic shows Ozzy and Flicka in the background still holding their weights (at least Ozzy is), plus I noticed that Jiffy isn't even looking in the general direction of the DAWS with the weights.

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to all Canadians!

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
I see 5 weight pulley systems in this pic. Could be Jiffy is looking ahead (at another pulley system) in that other pic.

?5 or more pairs holding the weights. I think you can make out someone standing just behind Jiffy watching the action.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
">note that Ozzy and Flicka are
>still holding their weights in
>the background...I wish I could
>tell what the status of
>the blue platform weights are
>in these pics??? Anyone
>with zoom in properties able
>to help out....CAT? Pepe? Knuckles?"

Hey FP my friend!

I blew up the pic of the challenge for you, see if this helps:

10-07-06, 06:08 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
Hiya Cat! How the heck are you...just knew you had to be lurking around here somewhere! I hope you will hang around and give us your 2 cents, it's fun when we don't have a definitive boot list! AS ALWAYS, thanks for the blow ups! I think your blowup confirms that when Sundra drops her weight, clearly Ozzy and Flicka are both still alive and well in the challenge, as I can see their blue weights suspended above ground. That's all I can see, however. I question whether Sundra's partner is already out? If they are the girl/girl team, then it has to be one of Becky or Candice, and then the boy/boy team would most likely be Cowboy/Yul or Jonathan/Yul??? Perhaps Cowboy is the player and redistributor of the weights for this challenge???

Perhaps Becky/Cowboy are the two distributors of the weights?

I agree with XWraith up above, that Nathan is still in the challenge when Adam is already out...

10-07-06, 07:11 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 5, WebPromo Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-06 AT 07:12 PM (EST)

I agree with XWraith up above, that Nathan is still in the challenge when Adam is already out...

I think that was Bravehart. I never said anything about Adam being out of the challenge.

Perhaps Becky/Cowboy are the two distributors of the weights?

TDT posts this picture under their Reward Challenge speculation:

Not sure where the shot was taken, but Becky/Cowboy being sat out/ distributing the weights is very logical given the type of challenge given.

10-09-06, 08:28 AM (EST)
14. "Sports PIP promo"
Thanks to Survivor Phoenix:

I think the vidcaps on top are of Sundra and Flicka as they are given the go to jump off the red platform, that we have already seen Raro jump from. Note that Jiffy has his arms raised, as in "GO!"

Then, I think there are some ominous pics of both Christina and Stephannie...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sports PIP promo"
I think Jeff usually raises two arms to signal the end of the challenge as in "Aitu WINS immunity."

10-09-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Sports PIP promo"
I agree, Michel, but it just doesn't seem like the end of the challenge here. I think they are seen jumping off of the larger platform, and then must swim to the much smaller platform, where they may have to last as long as they can while all touching the top portion of it(the one that the Raro's appear to be falling off of)???

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-09-06, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Sports PIP promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-06 AT 07:44 PM (EST)

As usual, I have no answers but I do have questions. First, what are the markings on the docks they are jumping from?

Could it be some type of gathering point as in: They have to make their way across the tops of the poles and then they all have to be on the marking before they can jump in the water? Maybe that could explain JPs hands in the air. Doesn't he generally have one hand raised just before they start and then when he says GO he raises the other hand and drops the first one?

Perhaps we are seeing both hands raised because the whole tribe has reached the gathering point and the pics they gave us has captured the moment he is signaling that they can continue from there. It looks like JP is definitely looking at Aitu as they are jumping and not in another direction, so I doubt he would be declaring a winner at this point.

The challenge couldn't be over just as Aitu jumps from the dock, otherwise we wouldn't have the shots of both teams on the smaller platforms.

And is it just me or does Sundra look more like she is falling off the platform instead of jumping? lmao Too funny.

And about those smaller platforms. Is it possible Raro has fallen off more than once? In this picture it has been noted that Nate is apparently slapping the water in anger as if they have fallen. But look at the positions of the people. Nate closest to the camera, Parvati on the other side of him, etc. Note Aitu is nowhere to be seen in the picture. A big Raro lead at this point?

Now look at their positions as they are falling here.

As they are falling, Parvati is on the side closer to the camera and Nate is on the far side of her. I know it is different cameras, but the direction of the shot is basically the same as the first picture of them in the water. Also the positions of the rest of the team. They couldn't fall and get in the positions they are in when Nate is slapping the water. Plus we see Aitu on their platform in those last two shots.

When Nate is slapping the water, they seem to be in roughly the same positions as when they jump from the dock. Why would they jump and go to their platform, and then spread out the way they are? Why is Nate slapping the water? Do they have to look around and find something? Why has JP moved out to the red floating pad to watch them so closely? Is Aitu that far behind that he has enough time to watch Raro like that? Is he watching them because they were close to winning and then they fell off, allowing Aitu to close the gap and get back in the challenge? And then they fell off a second time? Is this too many questions? Where am I?

Maybe they did fall off once and then tried stacking themselves differently the second time only to fail again. That would explain the different positioning I guess.

Geeezzz. All this because I wanted to know what the markings were on the dock. Sorry.

10-09-06, 08:17 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Sports PIP promo"
Actually, I think you can see Aitu members on this image:

Just beyond *Cristina, you can see people nearer to the Aitu platform. Also, there's a guy behind Rebecca who's wading towards the Aitu platform. Question is, why does it seem like *Cristina's applauding?

*At least I think it's Cristina.

I believe the tribal markings are just symbols for the tribe. You can see those symbols on their respective tribe flags. I do agree with you, however, that they will have to gather on those symbols before they can jump into the water (see post #3 above).

10-09-06, 08:33 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Sports PIP promogallery/albums/vc_ep5_webpromo/vc_ep5_webpromo_"
Knuckles, I just LOVE it when you show up with all of your questions in the vidcap thread! You have pointed out to me the solid winners of the IC challenge, I think. Let's start with what you first pointed out to me....

First, here is Raro jumping off the larger platform with the cross painted in blue, and note Jiffy's position on the dock...he is not on the dock that is the farthest out...

I think the daws have to all be out of the water and touching the top of their small platform, with at least so many of them standing on it. I think this is indeed the end of the challenge. As BR noted, clearly, the Raro's are falling off...

...note now, this is the pic after the Raro's have fallen and clearly Nate is pissed and angry that they have lost their balance and the challenge....note, where Jiffy is standing, on the farthest point of the floating dock that is colored red...

Now this is the vidcap that belongs right after the Raro's fall...

...and Jiffy's arms are both up, in the winning stance...I think the Aitu's have won it, and at this point they probably are falling off as well, but it's after the Raro's have already fallen. At first I thought that the platform (that the aitu's and Sundra are standing on) was that red color, but when I look at it now, I realize that it's not the red platform that Sundra is falling from, but the red floating dock platform that Jiffy is standing on....the Aitu's have won it for sure!

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Sports PIP promogallery/albums/vc_ep5_webpromo/vc_ep5_webpromo_"
I think that you have it put pretty well together there FP.
I certainly agree that Raro if FALLING off of the platform and not jumping. Your analysis of the other vid caps makes sense to em.

"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog."
- Charles Doran
Rudy's Place

10-10-06, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sports PIP promogallery/albums/vc_ep5_webpromo/vc_ep5_webpromo_"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-06 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

knuckles has a good point that when Nate is pounding the water he's not where he should have landed after they fall off in the sequence we're shown.

I think, as knuckles suggests, Raro tries to climb back up again. The point seems to be to get everyone standing on the top surface of the structure. In the caps where Raro falls off, Aitu still has to get two more people up to the top level, which, if they do that slowly and painstakingly, would give Raro enough time to try again.

Most likely Aitu wins while Raro is trying to complete their second attempt, which would explain why the Aitus have already jumped off their platform in the caps where Nate is slapping the water.

10-10-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Sports PIP promogallery/albums/vc_ep5_webpromo/vc_ep5_webpromo_"
Yes, I can see this point of view. But, we definitively see Jiffy with his arms up, while Aitu is falling off...one could argue that perhaps the Raro's are stacked back up, all on the podium, and holding it with the win while Aitu is falling off...just to play devils advocate. I'm still going with an Aitu win!

10-10-06, 12:52 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Sports PIP promo"
Then, I think there are some ominous pics of both Christina
and Stephannie...

Stephannie looks way too happy though. Cristina's pics have "boot" written all over them, especially considering that they never show her in the previews.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sports PIP promo"
Yes and Steph is Lydia like in her cheerleading...see VS post this week in her thread.

Imho if it's EPMB gives us the boot on a platter (billy/jp) it's Cristina as the boot, if he "hides" it (cece) then its Jenny, who had her swan song in Ep 4

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •