The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Opening Credits"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-06-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Opening Credits"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-06 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

As always, I will give credit where credit is due -

At the beginning of Survivor Guatemala XC posted a thread "Opening Credits Spoilers". I found it very interesting and useful, and did my own analysis last season - which turned out to be pretty accurate. I pegged Danielle and Aras as the ones to watch based on the opening credits. As background, I have pasted below XC's original comments below, and after that is my original analysis from last season so that people can really get an idea of what to look for in the opening credits. I'll respond to this initial posting with my analysis for this season.

-------

XC's Original Posting:

"Hey Everyone. I've been lurking since the Amazon but haven't really felt the need to post anything spoiler worthy until now. I've never really put a lot of faith into the spoilers but I have always invested a lot of my attention into the editing, especially the editing of the opening credits. This season's editing has been driving me crazy so I thought that I could rely on something that I have always relied on in the past. The opening credits are the only part of the season that we see every week, so the editors obviously put a lot of care into how each survivor is reflected through them. I've looked through vidcaps of the openings throughout the seasons and have honestly pegged the winner because of the techniques used through the opening.
Although each season has its own tricks and unique attributes to the opening there is a basic framework that stands throught the seasons. Ever since thailand, the show intro has become formulized - every character has an action shot followed by a still photo. what the editors do with the action and still shot is the most telling.

Water - maybe its the whole "fire represents life" metaphor, but when the action shot is of the survivor swimming, they're toast. Examples of this is Eliza from Vanuatu (F4), Shawn from Pearl Islands (screwed by outcast twist) and Caryn from Palau (F5). The winner has never been shown swimming.

The Marooning - When the survivor's action shot is from the marooning, that is not good sign. Examples of this is Jolanda from Palau (first voted out), Burton from Pearl Islands (Outcast & F5) and Julie from Vanuatu (F5).

Challenge shots - There are two types of actions shots that editors use for the survivors' action shots. the first type of shots are blatently in challenge. examples of these are Leanne from Vanuatu (F7), Jenn from Palau (F4) and T from Pearl Islands (F7). this type of action shots are cursed as well. The other type of challenge shots are not cursed. these are the shots that at first glance do not seem to be in challenge, but through further investigation, they are. Sandra from Pearl Islands is an example of this. Her action shot is her walking cautiously through the jungle. At first I didnt recognize this to be in challenge but after watching the premier again, I realized that it was taken during the first reward challenge. My theory is that these shots do not high light the challenge themselves, but the character instead, so they are exceptions to the rule.

So what constitutes as a promising action shot?

Camp life - this is the most promising. Mark Burnett likes his winners to excell in the challenges, in the manipulation and in the survival aspects. Individuals who are shown in camp life shots are are usually fan favorites and the winner. examples are Steph from Palau (F7), Matt from Amazon (F2), Jenna from Amazon (winner), Chris from Vanuatu (Winner) and Tom from Palau (Winner). of course there are some exceptions, but these types are usually out really early: Brook from Vanuatu and Kim from Palau.

Still shots

for some seasons the still photos have been focused on infront of two different backgrounds:

Outback - Rocks/survivor logo
Thailand - Water running over photo/fire
Pearl Islands - Skull and cross bones/map
Vanuatu - Tiki/survivor logo on torch

When this occurs the winner is always in the minority of the two types. Tina was in the survivor logo group, Brian's picture was focused on infront of flames, Sandra's pic was infront of a map of the pearl islands and chris' pic was aken with a torch behind it.

Throughout the opening there are animal, scenery and tribe shots. these play a role according to the season as well. one rule that is always consistant since Marquesas is the "16 castaways" rule. When the opening credits show the "16/18 castaways" it is juxtaposed infront of the marooning of one of the tribes. The winner does not come from that tribe.

Marquesas - Rotu rowing to shore
Thailand - Sook Jai rowing to shore
Amazon - (Exception) first shows Tambaqui rowing then Jaburu
Pearl Islands - Morgan jumping off of the boat
All-Stars - Saboga walking onto shore

Vanuatu and Palau had the whole cast marooned together although the winner is except from these shots.

Now each season is unique and so are the openings. This is where the past can't help you find clues. only the season's themes can.

Examples:
Amazon - the Animal imagery
throughout the opening credits there are shots of birds catching fish. this is significant because Jaburu is the name of a bird in the amazon and Tambaqui is a type of fish. this imagery implies that a woman from jaburu will win the season. Which woman? Jenna is the only female who's action shot is her fishing. This is completely unique to the amazon, but that is what convinced me that she was the winner.

Pearl Islands - comparison of the first bootee and the winner
Nicole and Sandra's action shots are very similar. Both women are walking cautiously through the jungle in the first imunity challenge. The difference between the two is their still photo. sandra has the special background and nicole has the skull and cross bones.

All-Stars - Inversion
The usual order of the survivor's introduction is action shot and then photo. Tina, the first bootee, had her introduction inverted. Amber and Rob (Final 2) also had their's inverted. this gave away that one of these two would win the game. Amber is pegged the winner through this theory because Rob's action shot is mid-challenge while Amber's is a post challenge victory.

Vanuatu - comparison of the first bootee and the winner
The opening for Vanuatu is the best example of opening credits spoiling. nearly every survivor's placement of this season can be analyzed through the credits. Why Chris won is because of his comparison to Brook, the first bootee. of all the survivors, these are the only two shown in camp life shots which is unusual of a season. Chris is also shown with the logo behind his name along with Eliza, Lisa and Chad. Eliza wasn't a contender because her action shot is her swimming, Lisa's is her mid challenge and Chad is swimming as well.

Palau - The Pairs
During Koror's only pre-merge tribal council Katie revealed the tribes pairs. the opening credits did so as well. the pairs of the tribe are revealed as: Coby/Janu, Willard/Caryn, Tom/Wanda, Katie/Ian, Gregg/Jenn. Now, Tom and Wanda were never a pair. The credits imply that Tom is alone since Wanda never even made it onto the tribe. Even though the pairs were revealed differently in ep 5 (Ian/Tom with Katie alone) at the end of the season Ian clearly showed his devotion to Katie over Tom, giving her his place in the final two.

-------

Here is my original analysis from last season (so that people can get a better idea of what I looked at):

Although last season Danni came from the tribe shown first after the marooning, I'm still betting that the general rule that the winner doesnt come from the first tribe shown. For this season, that tribe is the older men.

So far XC's action shot eliminations are 100% accurate, so here's who is eliminated based on those:

People eliminated based on their action shots being of the marooning: Dan and Shane

People eliminated based on their action shots being swimming:
Austin and Ruth-Marie

People eliminated based on their action shot being obviously mid-challenge: Bruce, Terry, Sally, Courtney, and Nick.

That leaves us with: Danielle, Misty, Bobby, Aras, Cirie, Melinda, and Tina who has already been eliminated.

Of these people, Danielle, Misty, and Bobby have non-obvious challenge pictures. Cerie is the only one shown obviously doing camp related activity. Aras and Melinda are both shown in non-action face closeups with a green background as their action shot.

Analysis of the still shots: There appear to be four types of pictures this season. The most common, and therefore the group least likely to hold the winner is the picture on fire. In this group are: Dan, Shane, Bruce, Sally, Danielle, Ruth Marie, and Melinda.
The second group also has their picture on fire, but they're picture in picture shots. In this group are: Terry, Courtney, Austin, and Aras.
Two people have no fire in their still shots, they are Misty and Nick.
Two people have a blinding light, Bobby and Tina. Tina's turns into fire though, but Bobby's does not.

So from this, I think everyone except Danielle (I'm not ruling her out based solely on being in the first group because there are a lot of other interesting things going on with her sequence), Misty, Bobby, and Aras. Cirie is also a possibility because of the very positive camp picture could outweigh being in the first group still-shot wise. The other thing to note about the still shots is that some have a ton of frames, while other people only have a few. I think those with less "face time" are not so long for the game. Each of the people listed above has a lot of face time for their still shot.

Of this group, four people's sequences stand out to me.

As for Bobby, he has the most unique still shot. But, I dont think this constitutes him as the winner.

Misty: For how quickly people have dismissed her, she has a very interesting opening sequence. She is in the no fire group and its picture in picture and moves around, she has a wierd action sequence in which her hands block her face for a while, I'm not sure what that means, also right after her is the shot of the lone island. I thin this may indicate her being the first exiled though. I think she has an interesting sequence, but I dont think she's the winner.

Aras: Aras is in the second group still-shot wise, but he has one VERY positive aspect - his action shot (as is Melinda's) is NOT an action shot, its of him in profile, with a green background. At the end of the intro there is a TON of green - the water is green, and there is a tree with a bright green background. I think this bodes very well for Aras. Especially since this is a very similar shot to Danni's last season when she had just a blue background.

Danielle: Danielle is in the first group still shot-wise, but she has some very interesting things in her sequence. It was noted that often the final two, or the winner and first booted have similarities. Well, prior to Danielle's shot is a picture of someone's arms reaching down (appears to be her) to help someone up by letting them step on her hands. In Tina's action shot is of her reaching up. I think this is significant. Also Immediately after her sequence there is a break before the other younger girls and a lone tree is shown across the water. There is a break from the older women prior to showing Tina.

So, as supported by the regular spoilers, it looks like Danielle and Aras are the most promising. A few other minor observations: I noted in the last thread, that in many seasons you could tell (only on Phoenix's site where you can see each frame) in the torch holder frames if the most prominent torch holder was a man or woman, and that has almost always been the sex of the winner. Last season two women were at the center of the group, and as we know the final two were female. This season its odd - at first it zooms in on a female, and then at the end it zooms in on a man. I'm not sure what to make of this other than that its a male/female final two.
Also, last season Nakum's flag was shown burning, and fire representing life, the winner was from Nakum. This season a survivor buff is shown burning. Its hard to tell the color - but it doesnt appear to be purple.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Opening Credits - Cook Islands architecturegirl 10-06-06 1
   RE: Opening Credits - Cook Islands XC 10-06-06 2
       RE: Opening Credits - Cook Islands architecturegirl 10-06-06 4
           RE: Opening Credits - Cook Islands Brownroach 10-06-06 5
 Contestnat caps Brownroach 10-06-06 3
   RE: Contestnat caps knuckles487 10-16-06 9
 RE: Opening Credits fullofgrace2470 10-08-06 6
   RE: Opening Credits Master B 10-09-06 7
       RE: Opening Credits fullofgrace2470 10-09-06 8
 RE: Opening Credits XC 12-17-06 10
   RE: Opening Credits architecturegirl 12-18-06 13
 RE: Opening Credits fullofgrace2470 12-18-06 11
   RE: Opening Credits architecturegirl 12-18-06 12
       RE: Opening Credits knuckles487 12-18-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-06-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Opening Credits - Cook Islands"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-06 AT 04:11 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-06-06 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

Ok, as always the opening credits video caps can be seen in detail (all 560 of them) on Survivor Phoenix's website here: http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S13Intro?page=1

I'm going to quickly just list in order what is shown, and then analyze...

We start off with a shot of the lone island, followed by the brown land. We then see the boat, mast with clouds, compass, then the survivor logo on wood that is on fire.

We are shown the prow of the boat cutting through the water followed by Flicka (Jessica) jumping off the boat into the water, then the green raft (no people, just the raft), the bottom half of someone with brown pants and a bag jumping off the boat, and then of Candice jumping off the boat, some rope object plunging underwater, Stephanie in the water caught between the boat and the raft, shot through the mast of the rafts paddling away, the number "20" with Hiki paddling away, the word "Castaways" followed by a closeup of the back of Cristina (I believe thats her camo shirt - thats JP's red and black shirt in front).

"Hiki" map - starts off dark, lights up brilliantly light, then fades into shadow.
Nate action - paddling looking to the left
Nate still shot - greenish-blue background, water runs over
Sundra action - no real action. Aqua background, bending over looking to the right.
Sundra still shot - black/green/bright white background, water runs over
- Shot of sunset with clouds over the trees -
Sekou action - putting a pole up while building the shelter, he's focused on his task.
Sekou still shot - Yellow/Black background, water runs over
Rebecca action - Arms lifted up like she's carrying something. No real action. She goes from looking down to looking toward the camera. Green background
Rebecca still shot - blue/bright white background, water running over
Stephanie action shot - Standing near the shelter, bright green leaves in the background. The only action is she licks her lips. She is looking to the right.
Stephanie still shot - Brilliant white background, w/some green, water running over.

- Shot of lone island, blue water -

Shot of Aitu pulling their raft to shore at the marooning
Aitu map starts dark, becomes bright and stays bright.
Cristina action - both arms up, drops her front (left) arm. Olive green background (different than the bright green of others). She's looking down the whole time.
Cristina still shot - bright green/yellow background, water running over
Ozzy action shot - walking through the jungle past a large fern that was in front of him. He's looking down, looks thoughtful.
Ozzy still shot - Starts off charred, flames up, ends with no flame, charred. Flame starts on the right. Leaves in the background.
- White bird soaring with a blue sky background -
- scenic shot of water/sky -
Cecelia action shot - brilliant white background, no action, she's looking at Billy's back sort of down yet toward the camera
Cecelia still shot - charred w/flame, the picture curls up and obscures the view of her. No background really. Flame goes from right to left
- brilliant blue sky/brilliant green water with fallen tree -
JP action shot - green fernsin the background w/flag. He goes from bending over to lifting something up. He's looking down.
JP still shot - greenish/yellow background, water running over
Billy - brilliant aqua colored background, he's walking toward and looking at the camera.
Billy still shot - green background, blacked out bottom where his name is, water running over.
- Lone tree, sun sets as the words "39 days" appear. Fades into shot of the night sky with stars -

Shot of Puka rowing mid-challenge with Cao Boi bent over holding a flaming torch. Note - Brad is the only one not visible in this shot.
Puka map - starts out dark, becomes brilliantly light, fades to darkness
Cao Boi action - no real action, blue/white background, he's holding the torch steady during the same challenge as was shown above. He's looking straight ahead.
Cao Boi still shot - green/aqua background, water running over.
Yul action shot - Swimming, goes from head turned back to looking ahead of him toward the right.
Yul still shot - green background, water with bubbles running up the screen.
Becky action shot - Brilliant aqua background, she's leaning down with people behind her, she appears to be attempting to lift something. She's looking down.
Becky still shot - starts off charred, flames up, and flames almost completely overtake the picture, but not quite. Flame never goes out. No discernable background. Flame goes from left to right.
- Shot of exile island boat with black skies -
Brad action shot - Obviously struggling hard while paddling. Looking down, but eyes squeezed shut. Someone's arm is his background.
Brad still shot - fern background, water with bubles rising up.
Jenny action shot - brilliant aqua and someone's leg background. She's looking down struggling to move something
Jenny still shot - bright white/green leaves background. No water, no fire, the camera just shakes or something and refocuses.
- Shot of box in water with survivor logo -

Raro map - starts off dark, lights up, fades at the end.

Jessica action shot - shot at the marooning. Water background, holding a rope, reaching for something. Looking to the left.
Jessica still shot - some brown background. Charred/small flame, whole picture bursts into flame, she is completely obscured. Flames goes right to left.
Jonathan action shot - brilliant aqua background. Reaching and looking to the left, turns his head to look to the front.
Jonathan still shot - slight flame on the left, huge flare up of fire, left charred with flame, his face visible.
- underwater shot of wooden box top with survivor logo emerging from behind a rock -
Candice action shot - aqua/green water background. No action. Looking down, holding a spear.
Candice still shot - Black background, bubbles rising up.
Parvati action shot - Looking down. Aqua/black rocks background. Part of a spear shown?
Parvati still shot - bubbles rising up, black background.
Adam action shot - hugging his tribe celebrating. No real action, looking left.
Adam still shot - blue/yellow background with black at the bottom where his name is. Water running over.

Lone island, words "one survivor", view of shipwreck/trees, ship's wheel backlit, survivor logo being revealed from darkness, TC boat shown lit up with "one" survivor shown, flaming exile envelope, TC boat shown lit up with all survivors shown, box top opens with flaming survivor logo inside, survivor logo, tiki head, flaming exile envelope, survivor logo.

--------------

WHEW! This feels like a VS length post! Thats why its taken me so long to get around to it! So there's the whole thing listed - now what does it mean?

First off, the water covered stills are the easiest people to eliminate right off the bat. That eliminates all of Hiki (also they were the tribe shown at the marooning with the "20" in front of them, which also would eliminate the winner coming from Hiki). I'm not sure about Aitu since only two people from Aitu, Cristina and JP, were shown with "Castaways" in front of them - but I think we can safely say that neither of JP or Cristina is the winner.

Left are those with the fire still shots (Ozzy, Cecelia, Becky, Jessica, and Jonathan) and those with the water bubbles pictures (Yul, Brad, Candice, and Parvati), and Jenny who alone has nothing going on with her still shot at all. I put forth that I think that the winner comes from the fire shots since with survivor Fire=Life. Water snuffs out your fire, not good, but it is a select group that have the water with bubbles, so I'd watch these players. Jenny is an enigma on this one, and I'm not sure what to make of that. I'd lean towards it boding well for her as opposed to it being bad.

Yul alone was shown in the water in his action shot. This should rule him out as the winner.
Brad and Jenny to me seemed to be the most obviously mid - challenge shots, and maybe Becky. I'm not sure this rule applies this season though, since almost none of the "action" shots have ANY action in them at all! And none of them are truly obviously mid-challenge except maybe brad.
Jessica alone is shown during the marooning in her action shot. This should rule her out.

Usually you can tell what sex the torch-holder is, and that is a sure-fire indicator of who the sex of the winner, or of the makeup of the final two. Man/Woman, Woman/Woman, Man/Man. I cant tell this season. If anyone can figure it out, I'd love to know!

No winner since Survivor All Stars has been someone that had an unbroken sequence before and after their shots. i.e. castaway - castaway - castaway. Having another shot thrown in, whether its before or after their sequence is a very good sign i.e. castaway - scenic shot - castaway - castaway. This breaks the flow and puts more focus on the castaways before and after these shots. Survivors that have a break before their shots - Sekou, Cecelia, JP, Brad, Candice. Survivors that have a break after their shots - Sundra, Ozzy, Cecelia, Becky, and Jonathan. Note - three of the first four boots are in the first group. Also, in an analysis of previous seasons, three of the last four winners had a break after their sequence.
In addition to this, the beautiful white bird that has been featured in several episodes comes directly after Ozzy's sequence, then there is another scenery shot before Cecelia's sequence. Therefore, I feel that this bird is linked to Ozzy alone in the credits. This bodes very well for him.

Because we have so little action in the "action shots" I have a distinct feeling that where the castaways are looking is the important part of the action shots. How to analyze this, I have no idea right now. But of the people already gone - Sekou was looking at what he was doing with the shelter. Billy was looking forward. Cecelia was looking foward focusing on Billy's back. Jp was looking down.

Ok - so of the people whose pictures are on fire. Ozzy has the most promising action shot of anyone I think. Some of them have fire that comes from the left, and some from the right. Coming from the left is Jonathan and Becky. The flame comes from the right for Cecelia, Jessica, and Ozzy. Cecelia's picture curls up and she is obscured. Not good. Both Ozzy and Jonathan their flame goes out, and we see their picture again. Jessica the flame never goes out, but she is completely obscured. Becky, the flame never goes out, but a small portion of her picture is still visible.

Jessica, Candice and Steph being shown at the beginning in the water at the marooning pretty much seals their fate. The green raft shown alone gives me pause though. Does the winner come from the "green" tribe? Not sure.

I also think that we can get some insight from the way the tribe maps are shown dark or light. Aitu's map is the only one that stays lit. I think the winner will definitely come from Aitu. Whether that be the original or current Aitu, I wouldnt rule, but it bodes VERY well for Ozzy.

I find it interesting, although perhaps its nothing, that Stephanie's action shot is of her "licking her chops".

Oh - also of note, following Becky's sequence is the view of the exile island boat. I think this reinforces the idea that exile island plays a big role for her survivor experience.

So, right now - I think Ozzy and Becky and Jonathan have the most promising opening credits sequences. I think either Ozzy or Becky are our winner, but Jonathan cant be ruled out.

So there you go - good lord that took a while! Hope you find it enlightening. What does everyone else think?

Btw - sorry if there's any typos, I'm sure I missed some.

XC 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-06-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail XC Click to send private message to XC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Opening Credits - Cook Islands"
Hey architecturegirl! I've still been lurking and I think it's awesome that you remembered my original post. To be honest I kind of went into hiding after Danni won season 11...anyways. but great work, i really enjoyed reading your post.

Just like any other season I studied the opening credits after the first episode and I'm gonna exclude jonathon from the running. His picture gets so toasted...I think that he's gonna get burned really badly during the game and his exit is going to be monumental. I mean, just check out Cecelia's sequence.

other notes, Jenny's still shot is illuminated by a bright light that is completely unique to her. I don't know what to think about it since her action shot is mid challenge.

Also, I don't know what to think about the bubbles. Their pictures are still underwater but the bubbles make them stand out somehow...which bodes well for parvati.

Lastly, the order of the rafts in the first 10 seconds is really interesting. between Flicka and Candice jumping off of the boat we see Puka's raft dropped into the ocean, then we see Raro, Hiki followed by Aitu's raft. I don't know if the order has literal significance (as in order in which the tribes are eliminated or the longevity of the tribes) or not but its worth contemplating.

I'm definitly watching Jenny and Ozzy, and depending on the use of bubbles, I'm watching Parvati as well.

10-06-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Opening Credits - Cook Islands"
XC, I'm glad to see you're back! I couldnt make up my mind if Ozzy and Jonathan's pictures were "surviving the fire" or if "their flame went out". Its interesting what BR noted about the difference between Ozzy's picture "righting itself" and Jonathan's falling down some. I hadnt noticed that.
You could be on to something with the order of the rafts going in the water. We've seen original Aitu fairly decimated so far, perhaps thats why their raft went in last? Or - One of their members could last the longest. We'll have to keep an eye on that as things progress.
I agree that based on the credits Jenny should be watched. I dont like her in-show edit for a winner though.
Hmmm... we'll see.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Opening Credits - Cook Islands"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-06 AT 05:02 PM (EST)

Nice observations, ag and xc. I always like looking at the credits even though I'm never sure what anything really means.

FYI, VolcanicGlass (Survivor Phoenix) has the whole sequence posted (where I got the caps from):
http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S13Intro?page=1

It's hundreds of frame captures so I just brought over the contestants but all the other shots are in there too.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Contestnat caps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-06 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

I stole these from VolcanicGlass. I posted one frame for each of the contestant's two images, except for Ozzy and Jonathan (because they are the only two whose images get completely obscured but then return).

The gold shimmery effect doesn't register as water to me (even when I see it on TV) -- in the past we've seen the edge of the water running over the shot, but this just looks like a lighting/distortion trick to me, as opposed to the ones with the actual water droplets (Yul/Brad/Parvati/Candice)

ETA: also note that when the Ozzy picture comes back it "corrects" itself to an upright position (I see this effect when I watch it on TV as well). The Jonathan picture appears to fall over toward the left of the frame.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Contestnat caps"

The last couple weeks they have been doing the recap at the beginning but then showing footage of the tribe that went to TC, along with a confessional or two, before showing the credits. This seems to be a departure from all previous editing so I was wondering about something that stood out to me.

During this beginning part of episode 5, they showed the raro guys fishing and collecting wood etc, showing how hard they have been working. At one point they showed Nate dropping some firewood into a pile and then saying "no water means no life out here".

This is in direct conflict with the overriding theme since the first season that "fire represents life".

Since the editing doesn't quite seem to be following previous patterns this time around, could this statement have some special meaning? I keep asking why they showed it....should it mean something to me? Like perhaps the way the opening credits have been done this time? I keep thinking there must be a clue in there someplace but can't find it.

Didn't know where else to put this and for some strange reason to me it seems like maybe it refers to the credits. Don't have an explaination for it, it just struck me as odd.

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-06, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Opening Credits"
I was sort of hoping that the fact that Yul was the ONLY one shown actually in the water this time, that it meant he was the winner. I can hope, right?

Master B 106 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Master%20B Click to send private message to Master%20B Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Opening Credits"
oh really? is it hints?

10-09-06, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Opening Credits"
Ummm, huh?

XC 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-17-06, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail XC Click to send private message to XC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Opening Credits"
the finale begins in less than 2 hrs and both Ozzy and Becky are not only still in the game but also final 3 contenders. pretty nuts for MB to give it away in the first 60 seconds of the show. Even though ozzy has no social game and an abrassive personality I'm gonna bank on an ozzy win, although i'll be crossing my fingers for Becky to pull through (we've seen crazier...danni). it bothers me when the winners ignore the social game.

anyways...I was watching survivor live with Parvati, and this caller called in and was a total ##### to parvati asking her if she was sleazy in real life or only the show. It ends up that the caller is a frequent poster on sucks. I was really pissed when I realized this...I mean, disliking a character on TV is completely different from harrassing the actor that plays the character. although it is reality, its still TV. I was just wondering if any of you guys saw the episode and what your take on it is.

12-18-06, 11:23 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Opening Credits"
XC - well, looks like the swimming rule will need to be re-evaluated, but for the most part we were able to figure a lot out based on the clues the opening credits gave us! What that white bird truly meant still bugs me. It played a big role in both the opening credits, and throughout the season. Any thoughts now that its all over Emydi?

As for your other comment - thats why I dont post on Sucks. People seem much more respectful on the Blows boards.
They can get really nasty over there at sucks, to each other and about the players. It takes so much fun out of things when people get like that. I truly cant believe that someone had the nerve to be so rude to her though. I havent watched that survivor live episode yet, but I will.

12-18-06, 05:37 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Opening Credits"
For once I was right! *Does the happy dance!* Way to go Aitu 4!!!!

12-18-06, 11:15 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Opening Credits"
Congrats - I had wondered if it was possible that being the only one swimming would actually mean something, but I couldnt get past water representing the opposite of life in survivor. Looks like EPMB lived up to his moniker this time! THAT certainly will complicate next season's opening credits analysis!

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Opening Credits"

Whoa, this would mean that I caught hold of something important during the show. I just didn't know how to apply it. lol Can't have that or before you know it I'll actually start getting some things right too.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •