The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-06, 07:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
Thanks to Survivor Fever...

So, we can choose one of the lazy boys at Rarotonga, or Cowboy...you know, one of these days Cowboy will get the boot...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... emydi 09-29-06 1
   RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... michel 09-29-06 2
       RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... Brownroach 09-29-06 3
           RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... emydi 09-29-06 5
           RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... Flowerpower 09-30-06 8
       RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... emydi 09-29-06 4
           RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... Brownroach 09-29-06 6
               RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... emydi 09-29-06 7
                   RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... michel 09-30-06 10
 Episode 4 Title ... Scarlett O Hara 09-30-06 9
 RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... Outfrontgirl 10-02-06 11
   RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... Brownroach 10-03-06 12
   The age factor Brownroach 10-03-06 13
       RE: The age factor emydi 10-03-06 14
           RE: The age factor forehead 10-03-06 15
   RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps... Flowerpower 10-03-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
Right now anyway I think the men might be misdirection bc some of the women want to keep it strong ie Cristina and Steph/Rebecca

That leaves Parvati or Jenny as possible boot for me on Raro who I think is going to TC

If its AItu (or both with double boot) I'm leaning towards Candice as the one "out of touch at EI" boot.

I think Flicka and Cao Boi will go back and forth between Ozzy and Yul's groups They have to do it carefully (which I think will be hard for these 2 yahoos) bc it could backfire and the 2 groups could tire of them having swing vote power and gang up on them.

BUt it is early

and OMG Cao Boi killed Yul's baby!! (white bird symbolizes Yul--I am this season's animal imagery expert in VS thread )

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-06 AT 11:02 AM (EST)

First, Emy congratulation on getting the boot right. When we saw Flicka's indecision wasn't going to hurt her, I started hoping you were right.

Ozzy was isolated last night. He doesn't have a group anymore and he deserved it. Sundra is a floater and like Julie eventually did with Ami's alliance, she'll try to gain favor with the power triumvirat.

In NuRaro, I have a feeling the conflict between Cristina and JP isn't resolved. That can help Parvati. Rebecca aligned first with the women of Hiki against lazy Sekou. Why would she go with the lazy Raro? She has the numbers in Raro and may want to keep them before turning on the sisters.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
I have a feeling the conflict between Cristina and JP isn't resolved.

I was thinking about that too, michel. Although Cristina's conflict (that we saw) was more with Ozzy -- but if JP is going to be exhibiting the same kind of bossy personality it is very possible there will be friction between them.

I'm getting the feeling that the Latinos are all going to be gone early, with Ozzy being the only one left to fend for himself for most of the game.

BTW, did we ever hear the Jonathan group say WHY they wanted to vote Cecilia out? If they did, I missed it. If it was to disable Ozzy it was a good move.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

09-29-06, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-06 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

Not that I heard, other than her being the weak one. I'm sure that came up though btw her and Sundra. I agree it was a good choice Probably Jon/Yul was mastermind.

I was so surprised that Ozzy didn't try to align with Yul. But I think it's because he hated that we was not chosen first and he was picked by Yul bc he was the only one Yul could have picked. I think who picked who and when had some effects on tribes that we didn't see in Ep. 3.

I am going to elaborate on this more in VS thread but last nite I got a better vibe from Ozzy than I did in Ep. 2 which was a huge decline from Ep 1. (i think that makes him prime F2 foil material) But I am getting a distinct Annakin Skywalker in Revenge of Sith vibe from Ozzy. He wants to be good but circs of evil are pulling him to be a "villain." Annakin's character (not nec the acting) in Ep 3 STar Wars was very compelling to me. Ozzy is def. going to be around til the end imho.

I also noted was that Cece left on Day 8 (final remarks) so Ep 3 was only 2 days.

09-30-06, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
did we ever hear the Jonathan group say WHY they wanted to vote Cecilia out?

Well, I think they were voting someone out as the weak link...but, when you think about it, the only two choices they had for 'weakness" were either Cecilia or Sundra. And as knocking out Cecilia would also break an alliance for Ozzy, so I think that's how they decided on Cecilia.

So with strong suggestion from both tribes regarding targets, will this be the first episode with a double boot?

09-29-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
True but Hiki was shown in recaps celebrating...that tells me the 3 of them will probably stick together. I think Cristina knows for now that they have to stay strong. I think her problem was with Ozzy and not JP so much. JP's nod when C was telling them of shooting makes me pause and say they will stay together for now. FWIW

09-29-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
But the misdirection talks about JP's "controlling demeanor" -- Cristina resented Ozzy having to control everything...

09-29-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
I know, I have to think about what that misdirectin quote means. I think for now anyway they stick together to keep NuRaro as strong as possible. his bossiness may ultimately be what makes JP go but I think it will be much closer to merge at 10 like 12ish.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
I've gone over it again and this is what I meant about the conflict: Cristina's position was against throwing the challenge and JP was clearly in favor of losing it. We saw them argue once when JP told Cristina that Billy would boot her if he could. We also heard that Cristina wanted to sit out the challenge, maybe in protest of throwing it, yet JP sat out. Then JP argues with Billy at TC which couldn't have made Cristina happy. Those two have an unresolved conflict.

It is interesting that the vidcaps we have is of the three stronger women of NuRaro, Cristina, Rebecca and Parvati, discussing the guys' laziness. They will boot one first to get their message across: To stay aboard, WORK!

They won't boot Nathan since they know they can work with him. Brad also had been working in Puka as Jenny can testify. One of Adam or JP is chosen to serve as example. BR noted that Jeff wasn't all over OldAitu when he heard about the challenge. Besides Billy's delirium, it could be that some of Jeff's speech was edited out because the events would prove the absurdity of Ozzy's move. If JP goes, that would be three consecutive Aitus. Wouldn't that be a more solid proof?

They might even reason that their three men are stronger than NuAitu's three strongest and that the fourth is Cao Boi. Big deal!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-30-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Episode 4 Title ..."
is ...

"Ruling the Roost"

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-06, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-06 AT 09:55 PM (EST)

>>BTW, did we ever hear the Jonathan group say WHY they wanted to vote Cecilia out? If they did, I missed it. If it was to disable Ozzy it was a good move.

Yes, on Insider they say the intent was to break up Aitu, but Ozzy was kept as a provider, so that left Cece. It wasn't a "weak link" vote so much as a "crush other alliances" move.

Re Exile:
I note that we only see Jonathan and Ozzy react to the baby bird. Why isn't Yul around with the other guys? Sure he could be hanging out with the women, but he could also be exiled by Raro after they lose RC.

I don't think the women will successfully teach the men a lesson, because Parvati is playing a game that looks farther than getting camp to run smoothly and fairly. I think her comment is shown to misdirect us. Probably each of the women complain but they singled out hers to make us think she's against the guys.

Parvati's type doesn't do that well in a group of women who aren't using their looks and flirting. If the women teach the men a lesson with one boot, they will need the other men for challenges, then Parvati is at risk.

I think her best bet is to flirt with the guys and vote with them. This provides FOUR female targets for the men before Parvati's name needs to come up.

While Nate is not the boss at Raro, he has a voice, and he's already been threatened by a sisterhood alliance. I think he would work to nip it in the bud, and do what he and Sekou tried before ... work the odd woman out to vote with the men. Only by now he knows the Hiki sisters are not the ones who will flip, nor Cristina, Jenny who always hung with Becky, probably will hand with the women here. So, the male goal should be to get Parvati, and her goal to get in with them.

As Bob Seger put it "I used her, she used me, neither of us cared, we were getting our share" or something like that.

I feel that because Parvati is good at looking at the big picture, she will look down the road and realize that her free pass as a swing vote expires once a guy is gone and the women are two up on them. Strategically it would be totally dumb for her to vote with the women. Just as when Eliza had the choice to be the disposable one in the women's alliance or to shake things up ... except I feel Parvati gets it without someone explaining it to her.

To me the question is who do the men target? Stephannie or Cristina seem most likely. As there are two Hiki women, most likely they would go to break up a pair just as Aitu did, saving Rebecca because she pulled her weight, literally, on that sandbag challenge. Which leaves Stephannie.

This assumes that Raro really does go down the gender split road. I think it's likely they do. The images in the caps of male and female groupings seem to show that's how they've sorted themselves out. Aitu got most of the strategists in the pickem, and by a quirk they got two tribes with 3 members intact, including a MF pair, Yul/Becky that already allied, so the obvious strategic move was to unite those two tribes to control the vote.

On Raro they got 2-2-2-3 and although Hiki and Aitu could theoretically unite and form a majority, both these tribes have already gone to TC and fractured down gender lines and I think are prone to do so again, and the M/F trust factor is absent.

That leaves Brad/Jenny and Adam/Pavarti as possible co-ed pairs who could unite along old tribal lines, but they lack the numbers. The numbers game on Raro falls much more readily along gender lines than old tribal.

Pavarti and Adam were already tight and she's better with men than women, so she can swing either way. (like JP, only different)

ETA that Parvati's insider comments show that she really likes Brad too, gets along really well with gay guys, talks fashion and shopping. So Parvati is building relationships with Nate and Brad in addition to Adam, and hoping to get back together with Candice. Although she says she likes her whole tribe, got to notice she says nothing about trying to connect with the other women.

10-03-06, 12:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-06 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

I was reading the excerpts from the Dalton Ross article on the pre-game, which tribephyl posted on Fanatics here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4285.shtml

Couple of things about Stephannie stuck out. This part is about when they first arrived at the Cook Islands:

Group 1 is told that they will be staying at the 'Akaiami Lodge'. Group 2 is stationed about 50 yards down the beach at 'Gina's Akaiami Beach Lodge'. Their lodging is 10 cots on an enclosed porch of a shack. They cannot go into the water or communicate with anyone. Or be found in places where they can easily start conversations with each other.

It's noted that the mosquitos are so bad at Gina's that the producers decide to swap the groups after a couple of days. To be fair to everyone.

Stephannie in particular seems to be having a hard time, covering every inch of her skin with both clothes and insect repellent, yet still slapping herself silly. The other contestants take notice. Though they can't speak to one another, a weakness has clearly been detected.

and then this:

June 26th The game finally begins -- The cast is awakened at 4:30am and are given an hour to get ready.

After getting into their game clothes, the four tribes are split up and taken to the starting point in 4 different boats.
Manahiki members feel ... nausea. Stephannie starts to gag and against the others reservations she claims it's too late. She starts a chain-reaction of sorts as each member of Manahiki (aside from Rebecca) becomes ill before reaching the start point.

Just wondering if Stephannie might be one of the first to start fading, and if Nate might be talking about her when he says "if you don't want to be here..."

ETA: Stephannie is missing from the women working/men loafing sequence. Possibly this is after the RC and she was exiled? Just throwing it out there since we really have no clue about the exile yet. Can't really see why Stephannie would get exiled after a reward though...

10-03-06, 04:30 PM (EST)
13. "The age factor"
Parvati is 23.

Nate is 26, Adam is 28, Brad is 29, J.P. is 30.

Rebecca is 34, Stephannie and Cristina are 35, Jenny is 36.

I can't see Parvati getting too excited about a female alliance -- she'd be the odd one out. She'd probably rather stick with the guys because they're closer to her age, aside from the fact that she can flirt with them.

10-03-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The age factor"
agreed BR she's sticking wiht the men at least for htis ep

The least likely man I see Parvati flirting with is JP (and thus the one most at risk first). Even tho Brad is gay (he's out to the the others, right?, I read somewhere on SBlows that she talks to Brad about fashion etc. so it's gay flirting

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-03-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The age factor"
emy, yes, Parvati menioned something like "having all kinds of tricks up her sleeve".

BR, thanks for bringing tribe's post over from fanatics - good read. I still can't narrow this week's bootee down much. Except for Brad, Nate, Parvati, I can see any of the other NuRaros leave...

forehead

10-03-06, 09:54 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep 4, Preview Vidcaps..."
OFG, you and I are on the same page this week! I definately agree with your perspective on the Raro tribe this week. Parvati is far younger than the other girls on her tribe, she's identified her strategy and NEEDS the men to employ it. She is thinking well beyond today.

I also agree that JP's controlling demeanor, from the misdirection clues, will most definately URK Cristina. I think she will be the one to stir the lazy male pot. Rebecca has gone down this road before and won't be a hard sell. But, Parvati will be the one to steer the vote to one of the girls...most likely the instigator Cristina, or the weaker Stephannie......Jenny, Jenny who?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •