The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
Thanks to Trixiego over at Sucks Mess Hall for posting this:

Celebrity Spider

Dehydration Threatens the Health of One Tribe

It's dire straights for one tribe when a lack of fire leads to serious dehydration.

At the Aitutaki camp, Billy quickly becomes a deficit to his tribe and his tribe mates become conflicted over what to do. Do they push to win the challenge and keep their tribe intact or throw it so they can vote Billy out?

After just a short time in the Cook Islands, one castaway is already claiming their affections toward another. Love is in the air…or is it?

Tension mounts between Jonathan and Adam when Adam refuses to waste his energy on what he sees as a "stupid" task. Members of Puka Puka become increasingly annoyed with some of Cao Boi's comments

....Thanks for posting the Celebrity Spider Misdirection, Trixiego! We needed something to chew on over here. So here's my first go at it:

1.Obviously the lack of fire is the Manihiki tribe that lost the IC.

2. I do not think that the Aitutaki's will throw the challenge, I think all the hype in the previews is a red herring.

3. Love is in the air....or is it? After Candice or Adam reveal their romance/attraction toward the other Jiffy is surprised it's so early. the "or is it" part of the misdirection comes into play when perhaps their little duo is broken up by an impending vote, knocking out one of the love birds, most likely Candice....

4. Adam and Jonathan are vying for the Alpha position....hmmmm, should be interesting, and we already know/think that Cowboy is the second EPMB red herring!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... Brownroach 09-19-06 1
   RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... FSUGUY 09-19-06 2
       RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... saucydiva 09-19-06 3
   RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... forehead 09-19-06 4
       RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... Brownroach 09-19-06 7
           RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... forehead 09-19-06 8
               RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... Scarlett O Hara 09-19-06 9
                   RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... Brownroach 09-19-06 11
 RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... Pretty_Kitty 09-19-06 5
   RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... forehead 09-19-06 6
 RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... knuckles487 09-19-06 10
 RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... KObrien_fan 09-20-06 12
   RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... emydi 09-20-06 13
   RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... Outfrontgirl 09-21-06 14
       RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... emydi 09-21-06 15
           RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... Outfrontgirl 09-21-06 16
               RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirec... Brownroach 09-21-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
one castaway is already claiming their affections toward another. Love is in the air…or is it?

This wording is also giving me the impression that the affection is sort of one-sided -- Jeff did say there would be varying degrees of reciprocity in the romances. Maybe the object of affection has expressed interest, but is not interested enough to keep the smitten one around, and helps vote him/her out? That would be quite a blindside.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-19-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
I'm pretty sure the Loser tribe got fire at tribal council....

saucydiva 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-19-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail saucydiva Click to send private message to saucydiva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
Yes, Probst tossed them a flint as they were getting up to leave TC.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-19-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
"This wording is also giving me the impression that the affection is sort of one-sided"

Good point. Could Adam-Candice be a one-sided affair? Or do we need to look beyond Raro?

forehead

09-19-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
I'm rethinking this a bit. We already know about the Adam/Candice relationship. In such cases the misdirection would usually mention the people involved since the relationship has already been established. Of course if the revelation to Jeff is at TC they can't tell us who it is, but I'm getting the feeling it's something that *we* haven't seen yet either, and that we're supposed to be just as surprised as Jeff.

If that makes sense. I'm tilting toward Cecilia being the one who drops the bomb at TC. Jeff said this about her in the media conference, after the fact:

I don't think Cecilia was super familiar with the show either. Cecilia brings a completely different point of view to the show. Cecilia is aware of her charm with men. She's aware that is a valid way to play the game. It's a valid way to live in society. To navigate relationships with whatever tools you have.

Maybe she tells everyone she totally has the hots for JP, to everyone's surprise, including JP's, and JP acts sort of interested but sort of noncommittal.

09-19-06, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
"If that makes sense."

Completely agree, BR. I'm liking Aitutaki going to TC.

Now, how about this irony:

From web promo:
---
CHRISTINA: It's really sad that they've already been saying "Let's boot one of our guys off"
---

And indeed they do not get rid of Billy (too much in our face), but instead, they get rid of Christina (one of the two castawasys who didn't have a confessional in ep1.... (Idea inspired by VS, who reminded us that one of the two ep1 silent ones could well be gone by the end of ep2)

Hey, it would be ironic.

forehead

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
Yes, BR and forehead, I wholeheartedly agree! Please see my revision of the "Challenge" and "Boot" portions of the SOTS, which I might add, I revised BEFORE I saw your posts here...

09-19-06, 06:31 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
I saw...nice job, Scar!

I'm thinking that Cecilia and JP could qualify as the "strange" romance, if they are both playing each other. Cecilia tries to cozy up to JP to get ahead, but doesn't care about him otherwise. JP uses this to his advantage, but isn't interested in Cecilia because he's gay. So they are acting like a "couple" and each thinks the other is hooked on them when that isn't the case. That would be pretty funny.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
I could be waaaay off base but I thought I read in one of these posts that Adam and another person (male, maybe JP)hook up. Perhaps he's stringing Candice along not letting her know that he really plays for another team? has this been discussed? perhaps I dreamed it

09-19-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
From FP: "speculation is that JP and Cecilia have a romance to some degree during the show, but then after the show wraps, JP and Brad become a couple"

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/6423.shtml#3

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-19-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
I'm liking Aitutaki going to TC.

I know better than to do things like THINK because I am always wrong and then look really stupid. But I just can't seem to help it. lol All pure speculation below but I'm on a stupidity roll today so why stop now.

I keep looking at it from a different angle. They may publicly say they divided the tribes by race as a social experiment, but they are sure as heck gonna edit it for ratings. Thinking along those lines, and imagining that the show wants to draw in as many minority viewers (aka people that have never watched before) as possible, what better way than to edit the previews like it is a minority in danger of being booted.

Hispanics will be saying omg, were're gonna lose one of our people next. Asians will be saying the same thing because of cowboy. So will af-ams since they also look like they could be in trouble. Since a large number of them wouldn't have seen the show before, they know nothing about misdirection and will watch to see if it is indeed one of their own that bites it. Maximum tension for the maximum number of minorities. Then imagine their great surprise and happiness when their person is not only safe but that it is the blue tribe that will go to TC.

It seems that raro could indeed be going to TC, and if so I wouldn't be surprised to see either Adam or Candice express an interest in the other. The rest of the tribe sees a need to break this up before it starts so they vote out Candice, the weaker player. After telling JP of the romance and then one of them be immediately booted, he is surprised and we get the look in the vidcap. It could also qualify as a surprise boot since we wouldn't be thinking she would go. Afterall, we didn't see her lose a chicken, just Jessica.

As for the fire and dehydration, I am leaning toward it being Puka despite the pics from the yellow tribe. I can't find where it is since I could use it right about now but someplace is a lengthy statement from Yul in which he talks about trying to get some sleep while laying next to cowboy who keeps talking all night, and how they kept getting a lot of rain which made it almost impossible to keep a fire going. Even as inept as the yellow tribe appears to be at the moment, certainly they could make and maintain a fire with the aid of a flint.

Now I will go into hiding for a few days since I will be nowhere close to the actual events of the show. lol

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-06, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
Dehydration Threatens the Health of One Tribe

It's dire straights for one tribe when a lack of fire leads to serious dehydration.

These two go together. Every tribe has fire making abilities because they all have flint. Let's look at each tribe individually:

1. Mahihiki- Sekou left them with the words "there is a fire in each of us" He also had said "if they boot me then you won't get fire" The irony is, Jeff gave them the fire at the end of TC and I think they get fire right away as in "see, we are fine without you.

2. Aitutaki- There are pictures of Billy chewing on a crab leg. OFG said that those crabs are prevalent out there. How do you cook crabs, you boil them. Aitutaki has fire and water.

3. Puka Puka- They got the fire starting kit which including kerosene and dry kindling among other things. Their camp is well built and organized, if anyone can get fire, this group can.

So that leaves us with Rarotonga. This is the most likely group to struggle with fire. It has been wet every night. They are without hard working Jonathan who is at EI and only have sexy lazy Adam who is too busy flirting with Candice to be bothered by mundane tasks like getting fire. Their camp is the least structured and they haven't got a decent shelter. Not to mention that in the insider Jonathan says that Adam gets sick, so my guess is that this is the tribe in dire straights.

At the Aitutaki camp, Billy quickly becomes a deficit to his tribe and his tribe mates become conflicted over what to do. Do they push to win the challenge and keep their tribe intact or throw it so they can vote Billy out?

Members of Puka Puka become increasingly annoyed with some of Cao Boi's comments.

Classic misdirection, the answer is no.

After just a short time in the Cook Islands, one castaway is already claiming their affections toward another. Love is in the air…or is it?

I think this is Raro's duo of Adam and Candice. Maybe they really take their relationship to the next level while Jonathan is gone to EI. Maybe Jeff finds out at TC that the two left Parvati and Flicka to fend for themselves at night while they went off for their own private cuddle puddle. Jeff doesn't know about the romance yet and so if he asked Parvati about it and she said "well Jeff, the minute Jonathan left for EI, all these two have been doing around camp is sucking face with each other" or something like that, it would be a shocker.

Tension mounts between Jonathan and Adam when Adam refuses to waste his energy on what he sees as a "stupid" task.

We already had two targets this week, Billy and Cao Boi, so why would CBS toss in another one in the teasers? Because the other 2 are misdirection and this is the clue that Raro is in trouble.

The 2nd boot is usually hidden in the first episode. The 2nd episode revolves around the bootee and usually showcases something that they do wrong and/or were set up as having done wrong. This screams Candice and/or Adam to me. They both have good reason to be booted this week and if the teasers are any clue, they revolve around Rarotonga. Parvati is smart enough to convince Jonathan and Flicka that they need Adam and his strength, yet they need to break up the budding romance too. The easy solution, bye bye to Candice. Hence the question: Love is in the air…or is it? No, because they go to TC and vote out half of problem.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-06 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

I like this KT...I agree its Raro and not Aitu, with Ep 3 being called Flirting and Frustration...that could be Cec/JP.

Also, do we know that the vidcap of a surprised jiffy

is from Week 2 TC, what was he wearing at TC in Week 1? I don't see anywhere that it's TC, could it be that he learns about he romance sometime/place else?

He was wearing the same shirt on the ship at beg of show

and it looks similar (is it the lighting that makes shirt bluish?) to shirt he wore at TC1

eta: FWIW on the ROMANCE preview vidcaps the three featured survivors are Brad, Nate and Parvati-- we have our first interracial inter-sexual preference menage a trois!!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-06, 05:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
emydi, the VO says the romance revealed leaves Jeff speechless, so that tells us this jaw-dropping is Ep 2.

KO, I really like your thinking about the misdirection away from Raro even though there's a big fat teaser about tension in Raro camp between Adam and Jonathan.

However, I just think Candice lasts awhile and TDT also has her as SAFE in Ep 2 for some reason.
Until tonight I've been going along not considering Jonathan, but suddenly I started wondering why he seems so safe. I think it's the editing and not the actuality.

We're set up to think Flicka is the outsider by her "alternative option" confessional and by Jonathan. Also she doesn't make Adam's "hot girls on the tribe" list. Still, although she's outside the core group of Adam/Candice/Parvati, she is also young like them. I think Jonathan the smartass oldster is the real outsider, especially if he's going to take on Adam for Alpha male role.

Because he was given so much facetime to tell the story from his perspective and we didn't hear anyone say he was obnoxious, we don't see it that way as of Ep 1. So if he's booted we'll be surprised. He's an obvious boot hiding in more than plain sight, he is up on the marquee billed as one of the great characters of the show. But looking at the quotes they only say Jeff hopes he lasts and whatever happens he will be remembered and have good stories to tell. Also Jeff says he makes an impact early on. We have already seen that.

Jonathan's story could easily wrap in ep 2, which would explain why he got sooo much facetime in Ep 1. All about chickens and karma ...

There's a new preview of Jonathan returning from Exile Island and getting a group hug. What we notice is that Flicka isn't part of it while Jonathan looks beloved. But the VO says "TEAR THEM APART."

I do like your argument a lot but I'm not convinced Parvati will go to the outsiders and rally them against Adam/Candice as a threat. For one thing it's a little early to worry about breaking up the "power couple."

Adam likes Parvati although somewhat less than Candice as of last time. Parvati isn't in danger with that pair and I think the sorority girl, jock and student will vote in a bloc as they have most in common. Jonathan will push to oust Flicka and Flicka will be happy to vote out Jonathan, and there are our two candidates going into TC. Adam has clashed with Jonathan, but there's also an argument to be made that Jonathan is more valuable than Flicka. Maybe. We know he's not super athletic whereas she is probably quite an asset.

Which way will the threesome swing? So to speak.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-06 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

I know the jaw dropping is in Ep. 2, I'm just wondering if the vidcaps in the romance promo of Jiffy at TC are from Ep. 1 and he drops his jaw in Ep 2 other than at TC...

ETA

and thus the "jaw dropping romance" does not nec. have to be from the tribe at TC...it gives you more options as to who is the romance and who is the TC tribe...

the chickens will vote with Flicka everytime, she set us free!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-06, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
emydi,
the promo says this does go down at TC. That's why everyone is using it as a clue to which tribe goes there.

09-21-06, 05:48 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep 2, Celebrity Spider Misdirection"
emy's just trying to confuse us.

emy, if for example Jeff heard about the romance at the challenge and was shocked, why wouldn't they just show him looking shocked at the challenge site, when it actually happened? He is clearly at TC, it's pitch black and there are lanterns next to his head. I don't think they'd bother to edit in a reaction shot from a different occasion in this case.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •