The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S13 Intro analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-14-06, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S13 Intro analysis"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWQDYegHxI

I saw this link on Sucks, containing a video to a part of the S13 opening credits. Now, I haven't exactly followed the Intro analysis threads, nor have I actually analyzed any Survivor opening credits, but I do remember that one of the main points of Intro analysis is that "fire is life", and that having a water shot is a bad omen. If that were still the case in S13, then we have very few candidates for the win this season, as in the link above, only four people didn't have water running over their still shots.

Becky:

Cecilia:

Jenny:

Ozzy:

Of course, the Rarotonga tribe wasn't in the youtube video, so I don't know if there was anyone in that tribe who had a non-water shot. Jenny didn't have a flame accompany her still photo. Hers was a flash of light. Only Becky, among the first 15 people in the opening credits had fire that didn't "burn" up her picture. Interestingly, Becky is also the 13th person to show up in the credits. Of course, this assumes that Rarotonga appears after Puka Puka. If they were shown before Manihiki, then Cecilia would be the 13th person.

Does anyone else have any thoughts about this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S13 Intro analysis Scarlett O Hara 09-14-06 1
   RE: S13 Intro analysis xwraith27 09-14-06 2
       RE: S13 Intro analysis Brownroach 09-14-06 3
           RE: S13 Intro analysis Kaviyd 10-06-06 4
           RE: S13 Intro analysis architecturegirl 10-06-06 5
               RE: S13 Intro analysis michel 10-06-06 6
                   RE: S13 Intro analysis architecturegirl 10-06-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-14-06, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S13 Intro analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-06 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

Great find xwraith! I noticed right away that the label on it was "Survivor DEATH Island."

As for the order of appearance or the "backdrop" of the Survivor in the credits (i.e., water v. land v. fire, etc), these have been heavily analyzed in the past and I can't say that we have ever found any clues as to who the winner will be from the opening credits.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-14-06, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S13 Intro analysis"
Hi, Scarlett! What I actually found weird the most was that the tribe names were truncated (i.e., Hiki, Aitu, Puka). I believe that there was some speculation about female winners showing up on the intro credits at a certain position.

I'll be searching for videos of previous opening credits and previous threads about their respective analyses for a better post.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-14-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S13 Intro analysis"
I know someone here did a thread about the S12 credits, but I can't remember who it was.

It's always interesting to see what they do with the credits, but I don't think there's any continuing pattern from season to season.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Kaviyd 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-06-06, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kaviyd Click to send private message to Kaviyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S13 Intro analysis"
There is something in the intro that I am rather surprised that nobody here has picked up on. The original 4 tribes are presented in this order:

1: Hiki (black)
2: Aitu (Latino)
3: Puka (Asian)
4: Raro (white)

Now consider the original tribes of the contestants eliminated so far:

1: Sekou, from Hiki (black)
2: Billy, from Aitu (Latino)

The next two contestants were also original Aitu (Latino), so they do not affect this analysis.

So -- could the order or presentation mean that a least one original Puka (Asian) contestant must be voted out before the first original Raro (white) contestant is voted out?

Then again -- if the preview from tonight's episode suggests a rumored tribal reshuffling and quadruple boot, I could easily see the remaining 16 contestants being reorganized temporarily into 4 new tribes of 4 and then each one being sent to tribal council in succession. If that happens, then my suggestion that an Asian must be voted out before any white is voted out may have very limited spoiler value.

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-06-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S13 Intro analysis"
BR - I did the analysis last season.
I've been meaning to get one up for this season, I just have been swamped lately. I'm glad people are bringing it up though!
I'll try and get a detailed analysis up within the next few days.
Of note though - No one shown swimming has EVER won Survivor. This does not bode well for Yul. Usually being shown obviously mid-challenge is a death warrant as well. Strangely, most people's "action" shots this season are completely lacking in action. Animal imagery in the credits is usually important as well - and thats why I've commented several times that personally I link the white bird so prevalent in so many episodes to Ozzy instead of Yul. In the opening credits that bird is linked to Ozzy alone.
Also - the tribe shown at the marooning usually doesnt hold the winner. This was not the case with Guatemala though. This season the tribe shown at the marooning was Hiki.

I have done some analysis of my own, and I think this season may be different opening credits analysis-wise. I found it very interesting that last seasson they changed the opening credits several times, and got rid of them all-together for most of the episodes.
I think MB may therefore change up the editing of the opening sequence this season. Still, I think there's a few people to watch based on the credits and Becky, Ozzy, and Yul are among them.

Last season based on the credits I did come to the conclusion that I thought Aras and Danielle were the ones to watch, so it is useful insight I think, although its just one more angle to analyze and is not as important as the overall editing I think.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S13 Intro analysis"
Hello AG: What do you think of showing confessionals from Becky and Ozzy discussing the previous TC BEFORE the opening credits? That was a first if I recall correctly. I'm writing my editing analysis and I'm not sure what importance to put on it, if at all. My first thought would be to see a certain importance to it. Then again, I've always seen Becky and Ozzy going far so I may be wanting to see importance! Your view and any others would be appreciated.

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-06-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S13 Intro analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-06 AT 09:49 AM (EST)

Ya know, I did notice that, but I'll have to go back and watch a second time to really see what they said, etc. to see if/how important that is.It certainly separated them from the rest and highlighted them.

I definitely think its a first that the show started before the opening credits ran. I cant be positive on that, but I think you're right. Could it be sort of a "they're out in front" type thing? Possible, I wouldnt put anything past MB.
At the least, I'd say that everything means something with this show.
Last year getting rid of the credits entirely was a first as well, and I never did figure out what that meant. Part of me wondered if they realized that they were giving too much away with the credits? I dont know.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •