The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode #1 Title: I Can Forgive her but..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-06, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode #1 Title: I Can Forgive her but..."
From TV Guide Listings the full title is:

I Can Forgive her but I don't have to since she screwed with my chickens.

The description of the episode only mentions the racial separation.

From a promo, the chickens seem to be part of the bounty the contestants are allowed to take off the ship. Who is the woman that messes with them? (It can't be Kimmi!)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode #1 Title: I Can Forgive... Estee 09-08-06 1
   RE: Episode #1 Title: I Can Forgive... michel 09-08-06 3
 RE: Episode #1 Title: I Can Forgive... Brownroach 09-08-06 2
 Puka Puka has chickens ... Scarlett O Hara 09-09-06 4
   RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... DramaRox 09-09-06 5
   RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Flowerpower 09-10-06 6
       RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Brownroach 09-11-06 9
   RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Flowerpower 09-10-06 7
   RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... VolcanicGlass 09-11-06 8
       RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... xwraith27 09-11-06 10
       RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Flowerpower 09-11-06 11
           RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Outfrontgirl 09-12-06 12
               RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Brownroach 09-12-06 13
                   RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Outfrontgirl 09-12-06 14
               RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Flowerpower 09-12-06 15
                   RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Outfrontgirl 09-12-06 16
                       RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Flowerpower 09-13-06 17
                       RE: Puka Puka has chickens ... Georgianna 09-13-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode #1 Title: I Can Forgive her but..."
Longest title ever, isn't it? Sounds like something Zoidberg would have done in his series. Great: now Burnett's ripping us off...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode #1 Title: I Can Forgive her but..."
LOL!
There can't be an Alex in this season because Jeff ONLY said one of the 5 best seasons!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode #1 Title: I Can Forgive her but..."
From the latest preview of the marooning posted by SurvivorFever:

Sounds like one tribe doesn't take the chickens with them, thanks to a female -- that might be the reason for the title remark.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-09-06, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Puka Puka has chickens ..."
From Survivor Fever ...

...but I can't imagine that they would eat them so early in the game, unless they suspected that the tribes might merge soon and they didn't want to share them...

DramaRox 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-09-06, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DramaRox Click to send private message to DramaRox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
Eating them now does seem like a real waste. Even with a merge, I can't believe they would do that!

Maybe he meant one of the women wind up cooking it too soon? And he was wanting to save it for a later time...like when they are starving or something like that lol.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
At the start of the show they all have a few minutes to grab things they want to take. Here are some shots of Candice in the turquoise blouse...

Then here she is trying to get the chickens out...

Then here is the chicken going overboard and then Jiffy says you are going to want that chicken...

Then the next cap is Yul getting the chicken that was thrown overboard....doesn't necessarily mean the chicken we see him grabbing is the chicken that Candice threw overboard...

From these vidcaps it looks as though someone on the Rarotonga tribe may have said the title quote...Jonathan perhaps?

09-11-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
Jonathan perhaps

That was my first thought too when I saw the title, FP, since Probst said Jonathan would be a memorable character.

09-10-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
but I can't imagine that they would eat them so early in the game, unless they suspected that the tribes might merge soon and they didn't want to share them...

Perhaps all of the man/woman handling, the toss overboard, and near drowning amounted to a little TOO MUCH TRAUMA for the chicken...perhaps it was a casualty, and they had to eat it, ASAP...

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-11-06, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
Those are coconuts, not chickens.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-11-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
That's what I thought, VG. I don't think they're shaped like chickens, especially in the angle that Brad is holding his. CaoBoi is also holding what I think is obviously a coconut shell with some coconut meat on it.

Puka Puka has chickens, but it's the pic with Yul holding a chicken in the water that proves it, not this, IMO.

09-11-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
Those are coconuts, not chickens.

Ha, VG, you are right, as always! Thanks for setting us straight!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-06 AT 08:19 AM (EST)

Good catch, VG!

I think it's ironic they're taking coconuts. Coals to Newcastle. They may not know it on the boat, but the motus are simply littered with fallen coconuts. There are bunches of chickens living on the camp motus too. Roosters, hens, chicks, scads of chickens. They should be able to catch them because the wild poultry are used to people and aren't scared of them. (Few local people are interested in eating the wild chickens). There should be eggs lying around too. But yeah, any chicken they are eating in Ep 1 was probably handed to them if past seasons are any indication.

I am wondering about the tribal camp locations. The four camp motus are Motukitiu, Tekopua, Moturakau and Rapota. But are they sorted out yet as to which is on which?

09-12-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
OFG -- I think the things they are grabbing off the boat are indeed chickens. It's the shot of them eating at camp that VG was referring to -- they are eating coconuts, not the chickens. (Although as you said, it would seem unnecessary to have provided them with either.)

09-12-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
thanks, BR, I see it now ...
I should stop even looking at caps until I get a new monitor.
*it's not my eyes, it's the monitor, really*

09-12-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-06 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

HOOORAYYYY! OFG is here! Great to see you, OFG, sure hope you had a wonderful summer! Thanks for the great info regarding the Motus in the Cook Islands. Your prior knowledge of the Cook's is sure to be a huge benefit to us all here, please dispense at will!

PS. One day soon you are going to see something that we don't on the VC's and it will pay off for all of us, BIG TIME!

09-12-06, 07:53 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
Thanks, FP!
Hope everyone here had great summers!
I wish I could say I've been to all the camp motus, but only to two of them plus Akaiami and One Foot. The other two I've only stared at from across the water. Still, when I see the pictures, it all comes back, how they feel, look, sound, and smell, almost like I never left.

Did I mention there's quite a crab population on them? Large land crabs without a "retreat" shell and also hermit crabs and larger crabs that run around on the beach and then freeze up and pretend to be seashells when you approach. It's really trippy to walk along a beach that is literally moving around your feet, creates an effect as if you're hallucinating (or having a minor acid flashback , and then you see the shells on the beach really are walking around on tiny little legs.

I've never tried eating a hermit crab but I assume they're not toxic -- never heard any warnings ... on Motukitiu there is the delicious endangered coconut crab (eats coconut, can be baited with coconut meat). Because it is endangered and Motukitiu is supposed to be a sanctuary, I'm not sure if we'll see them eating coconut crab, but we may. (Endangered doesn't necessarily equal "protected species")

09-13-06, 07:17 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
Thanks for the insight, OFG! Sounds as though the Cooks will be the perfect place. With the chickens and crabs around, it doesn't look like we will see them starving as the LaMina's did last season. Jiffy reported pre-show that there is more fish caught than any other season as well.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-13-06, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Puka Puka has chickens ..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 08:29 AM (EST)

Hello, OFG!

Speaking of endangered species ...

God help the detail challenged, impulsive and accident prone Leos and Sagittarian this season. There are (as I'm sure both you and Mockingbird have already noted) an unprecedented six Virgos (and two Taurus) in this Season's cast and only two Capricorns and one Scorpio to feel compelled to allocate their territorial limits and adjudicate the battles royal that their presence in that number is certain to occasion.

So, when, where, why, how and by whom those chickens (and every other edible thing on those delightful spits of sand) are consumed (and the "dishes" washed afterward) should be great entertainment.

Not the least for the Aquarius, Aries and the (we are promised) 'pithy' Pisces observers there.

And I'll bet Cook Island's Nurse Cancer will giggle just a bit like Cirie ...

G

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •