The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Romance in the Cook Islands..."
I skimmed an article in Entertainment Magazine yesterday that noted there will be 3 romances that develop during Survivor: Cook Islands, all with varying degrees of reciprocity...hmmmm! Would any couples be so blatant as Rob and Amber were? Sure didn't work for Kim and Jeff, but Jenn and Gregg did get pretty far. I would think that the romances would develop earlier in the show rather than later...

The article also noted that while the tribes are divided by race, they were all there playing hard as individuals, regardless of race.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Brownroach 09-05-06 1
 Well here's something interesting..... Brownroach 09-12-06 2
   RE: Well here's something interesti... Flowerpower 09-12-06 3
       RE: Well here's something interesti... Brownroach 09-12-06 4
           RE: Well here's something interesti... Flowerpower 09-12-06 5
               RE: Well here's something interesti... Brownroach 09-12-06 6
 RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Bravehart 09-13-06 7
   RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Brownroach 09-13-06 8
       RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... xwraith27 09-13-06 9
           RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Georgianna 09-13-06 10
           RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Brownroach 09-14-06 11
               RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... xwraith27 09-14-06 12
                   RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Sues 09-14-06 13
 Romance number 1: Flowerpower 09-15-06 14
   RE: Romance number 1: Brownroach 09-15-06 15
       Romance number #2?: michel 09-15-06 16
   RE: Romance number 1: tribephyl 09-15-06 17
   RE: Romance number 1: Das Mole 09-15-06 18
 RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... VolcanicGlass 09-18-06 19
   RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Das Mole 09-18-06 20
       RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Flowerpower 09-19-06 22
           RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Brownroach 09-19-06 24
               RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... forehead 09-19-06 25
                   RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Brownroach 09-19-06 26
                       RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Flowerpower 09-19-06 27
                           RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... forehead 09-19-06 28
           RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Sonicbluebird 09-22-06 31
   RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... xwraith27 09-19-06 21
       RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... Scarlett O Hara 09-19-06 23
 RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... frisky 09-22-06 29
   RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... xwraith27 09-22-06 30
 RE: Romance in the Cook Islands... cqvenus 09-22-06 32
 JP & Cecilia Brownroach 09-29-06 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Only Stephannie, Jenny, Jonathan and Cao Boi are married, according to CBS, and Sekou has a fiancee. No one on the Latino tribe is married.

I would think that the romances would develop earlier in the show rather than later...

Probably, although I don't really see it happening right off the bat, but you never know. Maybe the first reshuffling will produce some sparks (a la Alex and Shawna).

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

09-12-06, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Well here's something interesting...."
From a thread at Sucks -- this is about the contestant, not Probst :

Jakesparky32
(9/7/06 5:26 pm)
Brad & JP sighting

then later in the thread...

Darnell1980
(9/11/06 10:01 pm)
ezSupporter reply

----------------------------------------------------

Probst already said Cecilia is aware that using her physical atttributes is a valid way to play the game, so I've been expecting her to be one of the "relationship" people -- maybe she and JP hook up, to whatever degree...

09-12-06, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Well here's something interesting...."
Wow, sounds like this is gonna be interesting.....speculation is that JP and Cecilia have a romance to some degree during the show, but then after the show wraps, JP and Brad become a couple....(according to Darnell1980). Sounds like this will be fun seeing how it all unfolds! Thanks, BR. I wonder if 2 of these speculated 3 romances involve JP...and, I wonder if JP and Brad end up on the same tribe, or do they "get to know each other" in the Ponderosa or on the jury?

09-12-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Well here's something interesting...."
I don't think we can assume anything about Brad and JP -- they both live in L.A. so they could easily have gotten together after the game, even if they never met or spoke during it. I kind of doubt that is one of the "love connections" Probst is talking about. But we'll see...

09-12-06, 05:46 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Well here's something interesting...."
don't think we can assume anything about Brad and JP -- they both live in L.A. so they could easily have gotten together after the game, even if they never met or spoke during it. I kind of doubt that is one of the "love connections" Probst is talking about. But we'll see...

Yes, I agree, but I see that Darnell from Sucks(who has noted some interesting spoilers) notes that they are a couple now, I don't think he'd note that if he didn't think they were "a couple"?(Who knows, his source could be shaky...)...should be interesting to see what happens and who these relationships involve...

09-12-06, 06:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Well here's something interesting...."
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-06 AT 06:24 PM (EST)

Yes, I meant they could easily be a couple *now* without it having started during the game, since they live in the same city. In other words it's possible they were never on the same tribe, and one could have ended up at LL and the other on the jury.

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-13-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
I think that by implying that 3 romances will develope, these 6 people must be around long enough for us to realize a romance has developed. So, to me (sadly) that means some of the married people might be at risk early.

09-13-06, 05:09 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Remember Kim and Steve Wilson in Palau? That started right away and they got booted third and fourth.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-13-06, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
I think you mean Jeff Wilson... or is Steve some sort of nickname?

Anyway, didn't Jeff say that one of the romances emerging this season will be "unusual". Maybe it's the Brad-JP lurv connection. While gay romances aren't uncommon in the real world, it will be a Survivor first. Now if JP also starts flirting with one of the women (I'm guessing Cecilia), that would cover two of the three romances already.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-13-06, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
I don't think that Probst would refer to a gay romance as 'unusual': much too politically incorrect and socially inept a label, I think, for Survivor's urbane host to employ.

But a ménage à trois during the family hour would qualify for the distinction. And as only one 'romance'.

And for no good reason (or even a mediocre one), I have this nagging thought that the three most likely to become more than friends are Yul, Becky and Brad.

G

09-14-06, 10:34 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Oh right I meant Jeff Wilson. Steve Wilson is a guy in my office, LOL.

He said one of the romances is the "strangest" that's ever happened on Survivor. I doubt he'd say that about a gay relationship per se, unless he thought the relationship was strange for another reason.

09-14-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Yup, BR. I found a post in Sucks about Probst doing a radio interview. He was asked if the "strange" romance was between a human and an animal, or if it was between two people of the same gender. Probst said no to both. It was a "strange" heterosexual romance. I guess it just means that it's a pairing that we wouldn't normally see IRL.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-14-06, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
good grief, what's left in real life that we haven't seen????

Although....having a 'romance' with someone after weeks of no bathing, toothbrush, etc...is strange all on it's own....iieeww......

09-15-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
14. "Romance number 1:"
Well, the first romance has been identified already...Candice and Adam...

any early wagers on the next two???

09-15-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Romance number 1:"
I still think Cecilia will be involved in one of them.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Romance number #2?:"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-06 AT 01:47 PM (EST)

How about Cao Boi and Flicka! It would qualify as the unusual one just because of their nicknames and their personalities. Talk about alternative life styles!

It won't be Jonathan and Flicka or Stephannie and Nathan that's for sure.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-06, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Romance number 1:"
I wouldn't be suprised if Adam get's multiple girlfriends from his tribe.
He has Candice now but...
First chance the other girls get to band together with jonathan and kick out Candice.
Then Parvati becomes his girlfriend. Then she gets kicked off. Or maybe Adam does.
Leaving some room for Jonathan's thoughts about Jessica (his 'I could use it against her or not...') to never have the chance of coming true as they're the last two white people left in the game.

Then again ... maybe not.

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-15-06, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Romance number 1:"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-06 AT 10:07 PM (EST)

Here are the ones I can see happening:

Becky and Brad - She'll "convert" him
Adam and Parvati - Once Candice is gone, he'll whore himself to ParvatiTheHottie

But that's just my $0.02 two cents...

^ I hate when people do that. Pick one or the other, for God's sake.

Das Mole - PQM Host

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-18-06, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-18-06, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Lol, I'm gonna guess and say that they're just talking about Adam and Candice.

Unless there's a clandestine gay romance afoot. That might be interesting.

Das Mole - PQM Host

09-19-06, 06:56 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
I'm gonna guess and say that they're just talking about Adam and Candice.

Okay, Das, you may have just handed us a huge clue to this weeks losing tribe...

With these two vidcaps:

These two vidcaps lead me to believe that it's revealed to Jiffy at TC, so another clue that Rarotonga goes to TC???

In another vein, the only tribe we don't see represented with the vidcaps that VG posted is Aitutaki...

09-19-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
I wonder if this is the romance that Jeff thinks is strange. There've been early hook-ups before, so I can't see that the fact of the romance alone would leave him speechless. Maybe the couple is so over-the-top about it that it floors him.

Well I don't see any romance happening on Manihiki, so it looks like they may be safe this week.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-19-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Hey FP, BR, et al.!

This promo was hyped on Monday, so it must be a huge deal (...) - it could be that JP will be speechless for a whole second, maybe two... Such an interpretation would fit with the Raro romance (raroro).

OTOH, FWIW, from the Insider:
---
NATHAN (votes Sundra): It's all love, girl. You're the weakest link.
---

forehead
(I have a headache, Cowboy gave me this gigantic hickey...)

09-19-06, 01:54 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Hey yourself! Good to see you here!

I'm thinking it's the Raro romance as well.

09-19-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
WooooHooooo! forehead, how the heck are you? Glad to see you here, sure hope you are planning on staying a while.

As for what BR said...I'm thinking it's the Roro romance as well.....DITTO

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-19-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
I'm doing just fine. Good to see you too! How have you been?

I'm hopeful that I might find some time this season to play here...

forehead

Sonicbluebird 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-22-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonicbluebird Click to send private message to Sonicbluebird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-06 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

I think this one left us all speechless.

09-19-06, 01:07 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Wasn't there a Sucks spoiler saying that Nathan and Parvati are going to be an item? If that's true then maybe we're going to see a tribal mix-up this week. Unlikely, though, come to think of it, since the vidcaps so far show the tribes still separated by race.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 10:38 AM (EST)

Yes, the link to SpoilerCompiler's thread at Sucks is Here.

In it, Darnell1980 tells us that "parvati will go with the first, truly straight single guy she finds later on: Nate"

Therefore, I don't think it will be between Parvati and Nate this early on. This leaves me to believe that Jiffy is "left speechless" at Tribal Council when the Raratonga's reveal the romance between Adam and Candice.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Well, mystery solved. Ew.

Rolly made this.
The pic above of mouth-agape-Jiffy? That was me for five minutes straight tonight.

09-22-06, 01:33 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."
Ew.

Strange? Oh.Yes.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Romance in the Cook Islands..."

2 down, one to go.

i *still* can't believe how crazy billy sounded.

she obviously doesn't return the affections, since she's all huggin' up on adam.

poor, poor billy.

who will be next?

i think i agree with BR.

~ cq

09-29-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
33. "JP & Cecilia"
The "secret scene" on TES this morning showed Cecilia and JP flirting and snuggling and cuddling with each other before the tribal switch. Cecilia said it was all "innocent" though.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •