The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre-season spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-06, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre-season spoiling"
New thread for the official title. Putting this up now because I won't be around right after the show airs, but it's really for when after the promo runs tonight. Hoping this doesn't fill up with pure spec and wailing and gnashing of teeth and can be used as a serious spoiling thread!

Links to current resources:
Dan Bollinger's maps: SurvivorMaps
Volcanic Glass's vidcap thread at Sucks, from the "sneak" preview:
VG's caps from sneak preview

Links to our previous spec and spoiling:
Survivor Aitutaki Atoll
S13 Location???
Sucks Survivor Cook Islands location spoiler thread

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre... Brownroach 05-15-06 1
   RE: S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre... dabo 05-15-06 2
       RE: S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre... mookiemeister 05-15-06 3
           Change HI this time around? mavs_fan 05-16-06 4
               RE: Change HI this time around? dabo 05-16-06 5
                   RE: Change HI this time around? Brownroach 05-16-06 6
                       RE: Change HI this time around? emydi 05-16-06 7
                           RE: Change HI this time around? Brownroach 05-16-06 8
                               RE: Change HI this time around? Outfrontgirl 05-17-06 9
 Survivor Cook Island Logo Capn2patch 05-23-06 10
 Survivor Phoenix Outfrontgirl 05-26-06 11
   RE: Survivor Phoenix coolbluepig 05-26-06 12
   RE: Survivor Phoenix Brownroach 05-26-06 13
 Casting call Chez 06-05-06 14
   RE: Casting call dabo 06-05-06 15
       RE: Casting call Outfrontgirl 06-06-06 16
 Update Outfrontgirl 06-06-06 17
 RE: S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre... Outfrontgirl 06-20-06 18
 RE: S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre... Outfrontgirl 06-26-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre-season spoiling"
And Exile Island will return with new twists.

Well since it's taking place on the Cook Islands, my guess on the twist is that there will be a cookbooks by different celebrity chefs buried on Exile Island. One of the cookbooks will have a hidden immunity idol inside of it. The clues will be presented in the format of a recipe.

Okay, just kidding.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre-season spoiling"
Maybe they'll have a no hoarding rule next time. I actually liked that the hidden immunity never got used but I imagine the genuises who thought it up were really upset.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-15-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre-season spoiling"
They should make the hidden immunity idol be useful for only the next tribal council or something.

And then they can make it so people who were exiled to the island can find more HII.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

mavs_fan 299 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-16-06, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavs_fan Click to send private message to mavs_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Change HI this time around?"
I don't think the HI structure needs to be changed.
I think it was a fluke that Terry went on such an immunity run.

Too, it could just as well have been found by Daniel or Aras who didn't need it at all either.

05-16-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Change HI this time around?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-06 AT 10:29 AM (EST)

Yeah, the way it turned out, 3 of the 4 people who spent the most time on Exile Island were F3, the other being Bruce who was medevaced out.

We'll never know what would have happened had Casaya lost another IC premerge. Would Bruce have been safe out of worry he might have the hii after spending so much time out of the game?

Certainly, Cirie and Aras would have voted for Terry at F4 had they not been pretty certain he had the hii.

So, in a sense, the real power was in being exiled. The only one it didn't help was Misty, who tried to get cute about it and messed it up.

In one of his interviews, Austin claimed he had a plan to create his own fake hii just so he could arrange for some Casaya to accidentally see it. I wish he had done that, it would have been funny.

ETA: Oh, and Sally would most certainly not have made it to the merge had she not been exiled, Dan the Man would have made the jury instead.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

05-16-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Change HI this time around?"
I agree, I think the HII worked well as a significant element of the game, although it may not have played out the way the producers expected it to. It wasn't literally used but it was used as a strategic threat and a bargaining weapon, which I think was more interesting than what was probably envisioned for it.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Change HI this time around?"
They could hide a whole bunch of them and have only ONE of them be the REAL HI , like the gnomes on TAR!!!

Then you don't know if you have it or not...it's only checked if you try to use it and Jiffy says: SORRY, this is just a replica!!

05-16-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Change HI this time around?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 11:23 AM (EST)

For that matter, they could have a whole bunch of Exile Islands but only one is the real Exile Island with the hidden idol and the rest are exact replicas with no idol and you wouldn't know if you'd been taken to the real EI or a replica.

05-17-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Change HI this time around?"
It would be cool if someone would start an S13 twist speculation to talk about the hidden idol and ideas for theme and analysis of what didn't work last time. There's a LOT to be said on that and knowing this group you will probably nail some variation of what they go with.

But --it's going to be months before we get any information on the twists and we may not get any real info until Probst starts doing PR for the season. Until then it's all spec, which is good in itself, but it's not spoilage.

Meanwhile, as they are gearing up to film, there is still location spoilage to be done and actual information coming in about the production. I was hoping we could gather that info together. Game rule speculation is important but the two things don't mix very well in one thread. Yes, I know, I'm really anal about having topics separated out and labeled. Also I'm so sick of Exile Island which I felt was a stoopid season that I want to look forward to S13 and not even discuss S12 any more. Obviously a lot of people want to vent about and dissect what went wrong (and right) with S12, so that topic really merits its own thread.

I think what I'll do at some point is to start another thread on location and label it as such. I only started this new thread because SEG went with a different official name (Cook Islands) than what they had spray-painted on the materieals they shipped (Survivor Aitutaki) and I couldn't edit the thread title.

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-23-06, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Survivor Cook Island Logo"
From this thread at Sucks from cauld lad.

Direct link to Logo at at Wikipedia.

05-26-06, 02:30 AM (EST)
11. "Survivor Phoenix"
has updated the vidcaps gallery to add S13 ... and the home page is now S13 (I think it's a work in progress)

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S13

Pics have shown up of SEG's massive lumber pile, row of speedboats, and jetty repairs. Where will they build TC? Watching and waiting ...

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-26-06, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor Phoenix"
we are shown of two beaches, RAPOTA and MOTURAKAU... they were used as sites from UK's Shipwrecked reality series. could this be the two tribe beaches and possibly two tribe names as well...

but the teo islands are close together...

thoughts??

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

05-26-06, 02:22 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor Phoenix"
ofg, your pictures are gorgeous.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-05-06, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Casting call"
Evidently they have not picked the contestants yet, because this morning I saw a casting call for the Boston area during the morning news / Early Show.

06-05-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Casting call"
We have one going on around here, I think this Friday. I doubt anyone from these casting calls would be selected for Cook Islands, though. The next one after Cook Islands maybe.

06-06-06, 04:02 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Casting call"
These casting calls are for S14.
Filming in the Cooks starts in just under 3 weeks. I think you can be sure no one responding to open casting this week will be there!

06-06-06, 04:56 AM (EST)
17. "Update "
First of all, there's an insane quantity of location spoiling going on in various threads: Survivor Sucks 13+
TDT, SurvivorFever, and SurvivorPhoenix (in no order of preference!) have all updated. Among other goodies, the TDT Survivometer is back and ready to capture the mystery identities, SurvivorFever has lots of great news articles, and the Phoenix gallery of graphics is awesome including satellite imagery.

CALENDAR
Schedule for filming has been confirmed June 26th start (thanks to Wezzie) and it will be ended by August 4th at the very latest (unlikely), should be Aug 3rd. 39 days.

ISLANDS
Here's a pic from a very helpful Cooks travel agent showing the boating restrictions in place for the duration:

This map shows the different motus in high relief with large labels, except it doesn't label Moturakau, the other tribal island. It's the one right next to Rapota. One Foot Island is labeled as its proper name, Tapuaetai.

pwfletcher, a recent visitor and fantastic photographer, says he was told two tribal camps--as expected the two motus used by Shipwrecked.

This aerial shot (credit to Lord Balfor), is from an album posted at Survivor Phoenic Resource Gallery and show just how close together the two camps will be.

This pic (mine, from the Phoenix gallery) shows the view from one tribal motu beach area (Moturakau) to the other camp motu(Rapota).

pwfletcher has posted photos of the crew on Moturakau removing the UK garbage. (Literal garbage) in a thread full of fantastic shots of underwater creatures as well as the motus the glimpse of the crew, entitled
I Just Returned...Survivor 13-Aitutaki w island pics

Location for TC is still debated as either on One Foot Island in the lagoon or in the Red Zone on the main island where all the lumber was unloaded and the jetty is being rebuilt.

JETTY AREA (pics thanks to huahinegirl at tripadvisor)

Survivor lumber

Survivor boats that were shipped via container

ONE FOOT ISLAND CHANNEL -- TC and or Challenges, first island closed. (Posted by Warrior at Sucks)

Many more location photos can be found at
Survivor Phoenix Resource Gallery, S13 Vidcaps

(albums on this page lead to sub-albums)

It's quite possible Motukitiu, the island in the SE corner, would be the new Exile Island, unless they are exiled onto a ship, in which case it would Exile Ship and not island, but let's not be close-minded due to these technicalities.

PROPS
Per a report by the most helpful cookislander, a new poster from, guess where, the Cooks --a Halibut schooner replica has been chartered to sail from New Zealand to Rarotonga for use in a "reality show." Gee, we wonder which one. Thanks to Wezzie, here it is:

CONTESTANTS
Nothing yet ... not my area anyway.

06-20-06, 11:34 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre-season spoiling"
Filming will likely begin this Monday.
The helicopter arrived. The tall ship arrived.

As relayed on Sucks by cookislander:

"On today's front page of the Cook Islands News there's an article and picture of the Tucker skipper Russell Harris with his son Riley and granddaughters Aidan and Tessa.

It's titled 'Sailing for Survivor' and in the article the skipper strongly denies any involvement whatsoever with Survivor.

He said it has sailed to the Cook Islands "for training purposes..." and later in the article claimed he did not know what Survivor was.

"I have never heard of Survivor," Harris said.

The article continues: Ten minutes later local production coordinator Emile Kairua and friends wearing Survivor t-shirts paid Harris a visit. Art supplies were loaded aboard under the watchful eye of Kairua and the skipper.

Harris claims that the ship will be heading to Tonga after its stop in Rarotonga. "

Wezzie specs that the art supplies will be used to "arts and crafts" up the Tucker to look like the Bounty.

In other "breaking news" Dan Bollinger has heard confirmation that the two halves of a ship that were constructed will be set up so as to look like the ship broke up on the rocks. Most likely this is the TC set for SCI.

06-26-06, 03:53 AM (EST)
19. "RE: S13: Survivor Cook Islands--Pre-season spoiling"
It's awn, probably by the time you read this.
Monday June 26th, game starts. The players have been there since Thursday, having left LAX Wednesday night on a 12 hour flight. Whisked into the VIP lounge and then put on a plane to Aitutaki Thursday morning (according to Sucks poster cookislander from Rarotonga).

They've built a ship for TC, tourists have had no trouble spotting it on the shore of Aitutaki, and the Tucker is anchored offshore, will be there just for the opening scene most likely.

Crew was setting up tracks for the cameras on One Foot Island -- so they must be doing challenges there.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •