The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-06, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"

Survivor Panama – Exile Island

Finale Episode

Welcome one and all to the final SOTS of the S12 Exile Island season. It really has been a pretty well spoiled season, but what do we know about the finale? Plenty, and here it is.

The show will begin with the nail biting tie-breaking fire building challenge between Cirie and Danielle. Who will win? Let's go to the vidcaps and take a look shall we?

Here we see Cirie is way out ahead:

But in the vidcaps from the CSI promo Danielle's flame is catching up:

There is speculation on the vidcap thread that questions how can Cirie lose this challenge if her flame is so far ahead of Danielle's? The answer is classic SeeBS misdirection. After 12 seasons of pouring over vidcaps many of the veteran spoilers believe that it is either the camera angle, or Cirie's flame has received some digital enhancements. Looks like the enhancements with the last laugh are Danielle's though as she has been spoiled to win this tie-breaker by Chillone from very early on.

Cirie has been a very popular survivor this season, but even her editing arc has come full circle as pointed out by Velcrohead. From a self-proclaimed couch potato to a satisfied fulfilled person, Cirie had fun and proved to herself that she could do more then she ever gave herself credit for. In the end what it really came down to can be summed up by this old classic:

Oh it don't mean a thing if you can't burn that string, doo wop doo wop...

The final Immunity Challenge
This challenge has predominantly been one of endurance and outlasting the others. We received a sneak peak at the challenge last episode in this thread started by vidcap analyst extraordinaire VolcanicGlass.

All we see here are Terry and Aras, no Danielle or Cirie. We do however have some not so clever SeeBS misdirection by them planting a reused vidcap from the episode 4 intro that looks like Cirie might take part in the challenge up against that same platform, nice try SeeBS, we aren't buying it. (Note that there isn't any pattern on the wall that Cirie is near)

To make matters worse, SeeBS has gone to new lengths to photochop out a full fledged person! The nerve of them! But again, it didn't fool TDT who pointed out that the clone tool was used to hide Danielle:

To see this in a moving videoclip (thanks again VG!) it becomes more obvious:

SeeBS making Danielle into the invisible woman is not so different from her character the entire season, oh well at least she still looked good in her enhancements even after losing all the weight. (Unlike Heidi who should sue her plastic surgeon...)

Who wins the final challenge? SeeBS is at it again with this vidcap:

Terry has been so dominant in immunity challenges (Sorry Chillone, not 7 in a row) but Aras cracked that last episode. I found that this shot of Terry is a recycled cap from episode 12 which was the only time since the individual challenges that he had worn that tan shirt. Note that he also has the same expression on his face.

Editing again points to an Aras victory at the F3 where the hidden idol can no longer be used. That coupled with more irony as Terry mentioned a couple of episodes ago "The last thing my wife told me as I was leaving was to bring her home a new car." The car curse continues as Aras wins the challenge and chooses to take Danielle the slam dunk to the finals to face the jury.

Going back to the original Chillone spoiler it was Aras and Terry in the F2, Wixchix has always said it was Aras and Danielle. Plausible cases can and have been made for either scenario. (Some folks are still clinging to the outside chance that Cirie is in that final mix too.) So how will the jury vote in each case? Emydi started the thread last episode but it is still a hot topic heading into the finale.

If a Terry vs Aras finale ala Chillone, most in the thread speculate that Aras would win 5-2.

If a Danielle vs Aras finale ala Wixchix, many think it could be 4-3 or 5-2.

But how could this be the closest finale in survivor history as proclamated by SeeBS asks Esquire? We have afterall had several 4-3 votes in the past. The speculation is that Shane throws a tantrum and votes: "none of the above" and so they have to have another fire building challenge. This time Aras and his yoga lungs beats Danielle for the million...(Just kidding, really I am )

The fact of the matter is, as per typical SeeBS fashion what they are probably referring to is the tie-breaker challenge and/or the final immunity challenge.

Another bit about editing can be found in comments that Scout posted on the Survivor website in her blog as brought to us by Survivornut. She thinks that Aras and Cirie have remained calm despite all of the turmoil about them and that their edit shows that one of them will be the winner of S12.

If the final 3 is indeed Aras (Libra), Terry (Libra), and Danielle (Gemini) then astrologically we would have the first Libran or Geminian to win a survivor as OFG points out. She also has predicted that a Tauran or whichever sign does not win S12 will win S13

As a recap, here is what the majority seem to feel heading into the finale:

F4- Cirie
F3- Terry (car curse continues)
F2- Danielle (despite the betting spoiler)
Winner: Aras (the first Libra to win!)

What about next season? S13 has been spoiled to take place on the Aitutaki Atoll as spoiled by Wezzie and brought to us by OFG. This is a beautiful set of islands not far from New Zealand and located in the Cook Islands. There is even speculation that the title may have something to do with mutiny island or something like that.

Thanks to SurvivorFever, TDT, and Phoenix for many of the vidcaps used throughout the season. Hats off to all of the spoilers who contributed to this site throughout the season, whether it was starting the thread and bringing over vidcaps, misdirection, or spoilers, or through contributing a voice in a thread, it was all valuable. Thanks to the blue peeps that keep this wonderful website up and running! See you all for S13.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling emydi 05-12-06 1
   RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling KObrien_fan 05-12-06 2
       RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling Scarlett O Hara 05-13-06 5
       RE: S12 Finale State of the Spoilin... Chez 05-13-06 6
 RE: S12 Finale State of the Spoilin... michel 05-12-06 3
 RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling whoami 05-13-06 4
 RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling emydi 05-13-06 7
 RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling Flowerpower 05-13-06 8
 RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling strid333 05-13-06 9
 RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling kingfish 05-13-06 10
 RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling Outfrontgirl 05-13-06 11
 RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling RudyRules 05-13-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
Great job KT!!!

Just want to note that FP and BR two spoiling gurus (along with TDT) are going with Danielle as an ironic win...she slips past the two big boys who have been fighting

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
True Emy, I forgot to mention that. Also, how ironic would it be for Danielle to win after being first out at the F3 challenge. Remember how she tried to get Terry to promise that whoever the top 2 in the alliance that came in first and 2nd would go to the jury? And then to have Aras choose Danielle only for her to win, oh the bitter irony and one more slap in Terry's face (he was afterall her fire starting coach...)

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-13-06, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
...oh the bitter irony and one more slap in Terry's face (he was afterall her fire starting coach...)

and this could indeed be the reason why we keep seeing the snake appear after Danielle is shown with Terry ...

I have to go with BR and FP on this one ... I just don't see the "winning" edit for Aras here.

KO_F, thanks for doing such a fabulous job at summing up the finale for us! You make it look so EASY! Super job, as always!

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-13-06, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S12 Finale State of the Spoiling"
Another irony is that Danielle lost the very first challenge of the season, where her Young Chicks team voted to send Misty to Exile island instead.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S12 Finale State of the Spoiling"
Great SOTS to conclude a very good season. Things are still somewhat up in the air and you've presented it well.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-13-06, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
Thanks for the SOTS. Hope that CBS has not got to good at misdirection and photo croping.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-06 AT 09:29 AM (EST)

dissimilis posted this at sucks

After watching part of the finale (he must work for tv station) D and A are the F2 and Terry votes Aras

bebekid brought this over and posted it in our final 2/jury vote thread but I thought it should go here in case people just are reading the SOTS

people are saying over at Sucks Sally is the swing vote.

Also alot of discussion about someone (presumably Courtney) writing a "J and then it goes away... either she's writing a nickname or "jacka$$" or she's writing

Namaste looks sort of like it begins with a J-looking letter in Sanskrit. which ties into yoga thing that C and A share and the all encompassing WINK from ep 1!!

If this is right..and it appears to be..I think this seals the deal for Aras

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
...and THANK YOU, KOFan, for bringing us a super SOTS and for always being prepared to help out. Your SOTS are the gold standard for us all and I really thought this one was well done and very informative.

Great job,

fp

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-13-06, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
Great job on the SOTS!

Three is the perfect number.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-06 AT 02:34 PM (EST)

We saved the best for last. Nice Job KO. Nice spoiling, too. Add my thanks to you. FP, OFG, BR, VS, Em, and the scads of others who make this interesting, as well as the heavy water (that's a reference to the moderators for physics phreaks).

Photo Shopped Cerie away Huh? How clumsy, you'd think with high level professional software that they could have done a better job than that. No argument, though, that seems to be exactly what they did.

Contrasting that with the skill necessary to alter the Cerie fire pictures, with the smoke and with her face and shirt visible thru the smoke? That's skill. Hard for me to not be skeptical that they did that, actually.

Thanks again KO et. al., I hope you'll be around next season when the survivors are sent on an 1800 mile ocean trip in a row-boat. Maybe.

I'll miss you all in the off season - unless I get hooked on off season shenanigans.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
A KO SOTS -- a thing of beauty, laughs, and precison. Thanks, KO!

>>Looks like the enhancements with the last laugh are Danielle's
Wonder if that's a prophetic statement?

Thanks for all the props. You're very kind!

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S12 Finale Stae of the Spoiling"
Thanks for a great SOTS KO!
You rock!

"Government doesn't solve problems, it subsidizes them."- Ronald Reagan
Rudy's Place

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •