The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-15-04, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
Here are the choices:

1. Linda/Karen leave the pitstop and promptly get lost. They are the last team to the roadblock.

2. Colin/Christie try to get to Manila via Singapore. They can't make their connection in Singapore and have to head to Hong Kong to get to Manila. This puts them tied with the other teams instead of ahead of them.

3. When the teams get to Manila, Colin/Christie are late getting out of the airport, which allows Chip/Kim to use the Yield on them.

4. Chip/Kim are the first team to the jeeps but have trouble decorating it. They are passed by Brandon/Nicole and Linda/Karen.

5. Colin/Christie get to the detour and choose to Plow. Colin has trouble steering the ox and goes all over the place. They are the last team to the pitstop and lose all their money.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... buscemi 09-15-04 1
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Dizwiz 09-15-04 2
   RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... buscemi 09-15-04 3
       RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Dizwiz 09-15-04 4
           RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... ssshaw 09-15-04 5
               RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... buscemi 09-15-04 6
                   RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Dizwiz 09-15-04 7
   RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Java 09-15-04 8
       RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Dizwiz 09-15-04 9
           RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Urban_Kitten 09-15-04 11
       RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... ARnutz 09-15-04 10
   RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Oscirus 09-15-04 16
   Choice 6, Dizwiz's AMAI 09-16-04 21
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Urban_Kitten 09-15-04 12
   RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... ARnutz 09-15-04 14
 #3 memacmur 09-15-04 13
 #3 dajaki 09-15-04 15
 5 Oscirus 09-15-04 17
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... survivalist 09-16-04 18
   But choosing Plow wasn't wrong in &... AMAI 09-16-04 22
 #5 Molaholic 09-16-04 19
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Urban_Kitten 09-16-04 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-15-04, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
I'm goping to go with 'none of the above.' The worst choice was B & N and the Bowling Moms staying on their bus too long and getting out without available taxis in sight. This allowed Chip & Kim to pass both of them, and if it weren't for Colin and Christie being Yielded, either of them could easily have finished in last place.

"1. Linda/Karen leave the pitstop and promptly get lost. They are the last team to the roadblock."

This was bad, especially b/c they got pretty nasty with each other. That said, they didn't lose that much time, and it didn't hurt them at all in the end.

"2. Colin/Christie try to get to Manila via Singapore. They can't make their connection in Singapore and have to head to Hong Kong to get to Manila. This puts them tied with the other teams instead of ahead of them."

This wasn't a 'dumb' move at all. They built a nice lead, made the right choice with the faster flight, and then just got unlucky with their 1st flight being late.

"3. When the teams get to Manila, Colin/Christie are late getting out of the airport, which allows Chip/Kim to use the Yield on them."

They could have been anywhere from #2-#4, and they would have been Yielded by the team ahead of them. I'm assuming that b/c they had to switch to that flight, they got the worst seats, resulting in them being 4th. There's really nothing they could have done.

"4. Chip/Kim are the first team to the jeeps but have trouble decorating it. They are passed by Brandon/Nicole and Linda/Karen."

They took a bit more time, which hurt them, but they made it up with a smooth bus-taxi transition.

"5. Colin/Christie get to the detour and choose to Plow. Colin has trouble steering the ox and goes all over the place. They are the last team to the pitstop and lose all their money."

Their 'slowness' on the Detour likely didn't matter; they probably still would have been last. Then again, it's impossible to tell. Did they lose 5 minutes on it, 15, 20 30? Or did they actually do it faster than the other teams? We just don't know.

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-15-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
I've got a suggestion too, though I'm not sure everyone would agree. I think Chip and Kim may have completely screwed themselves by Yielding Colin and Chrisite. There's still 2 legs to go, after all, and EVERYONE was willing to Yield them...why not let someone else do it? Now they have the wrath of Colin to deal with, and they don't get to use the Yield again. The only way to keep from getting Yielded by Colin and Christie in one of the next 2 legs is to stay ahead of them, and that's not an easy task. I'd have let someone else beat me to the Yield box, myself.

Diz

09-15-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
I agree with this 100%.

All of the teams seemed to be willing to use it against C & C. If I were C & K, I would have let one of the other teams use it b/c:

a) now you can use it in the future, and
b) if C & K are behind C & C in the future, you better to believe that C & C will Yield them

That said, I would imagine that the Yield is only in the next leg and not when it gets down to 4 teams. But we'll see.

09-15-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
I know you're a big Colin/Christie fan, Buscemi, and I most certainly am not...I'm rooting for either the moms or Chip & Kim. But when they Yielded C/C last night, I actualy said "Oh, crap" out loud. I'd have let either of the other two teams take the heat for that one. Then C/C are still Yielded, but they're not pissed at me and will be out to get someone else next round...but I guess C/K didn't take any of that into consideration in the heat of the moment. They'd better hope that the headstart they get by C/C being in last place really helps them out this leg. Any bunching at all, and they're screwed.

Diz

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-04, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
I had thought about putting Chip/Kim yielding Colin/Christie on the list but decided not to for one reason.

Chip/Kim had probably thought this was an elimination leg and decided to use it on CC so they wouldn't be in the final three. It unfornutately turned out to be non-elimination. I'm not going to list them for that. Besides, Brandon/Nicole and the Bowling moms also discussed yielding CC, so it wasn't like Chip/Kim were the only team that wanted to yield them.

09-15-04, 11:10 AM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
"Besides, Brandon/Nicole and the Bowling moms also discussed yielding CC, so it wasn't like Chip/Kim were the only team that wanted to yield them."

Right, but that's actually the point. If B & N and the Bowling Moms were not willing to Yield C & C, it would have been smart for C & K to do so (to ensure that they beat them). But, with the other 2 teams discussing Yielding C & C, C & K should have let one of those other teams Yield them, rather than sticking their necks out.

09-15-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
7. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-04 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

Exactly. Granted, if C/C had been eliminated last night, I'd be saying what a genius Chip was, and he had no way of knowing that it would be a non-elim. But I wouldn't have wanted to take the chance, myself. Besides, if Chip had let someone else use the yield last night, he'd still have one available, and now he doesn't. This puts him and Kim at a distinct disadvantage, the way I see it.

Diz

edited to fix freakin' typos

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
I agree with Diz. Chip ran over the moms to get to the yield mat and hold up C&C. Even if C&C were eliminated, that would leave Chip & Kim as the only remaining team without a yield, which could ultimately cost them the game.

Do you think the other teams were just slower than Chip, or did they actually use a brain cell and let him do the deed instead?

09-15-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
9. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
Just slower. I'd like to say they were smarter than that, but I really don't think so.

Diz

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-15-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-04 AT 03:15 PM (EST)

I thought it interesting that Brandon was "willing" to use the Yield if necessary but happily answered Colon's question ("Where're you going to?" - "The Big Duck")as they were passing each other at the garage. The godly wanker would never have had the guts to use the Yield.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-04 AT 02:34 PM (EST)

Perhaps Chip felt he had to get to the Yield first so nobody would yield him.

OMG!!! I got so wrapped up in this discussion, I forgot this is the "Not so Move of the week!!!"

My choice for this week is:#2

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-15-04, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
I disagree for this reason right now Chip is scared which is actually causing hm to play smarter. They know once they fall behind to C/c that they are done so they will finally provide c/c with some competion at the very least.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-16-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Choice 6, Dizwiz's"
I agree that for Chippies to rush to use the Yield when the other teams were also gung-ho, should be the Not So Move of the Week.

None of the others ones listed really seem like bad moves.

I'm used to herding sheep - I'm a natural for this show!

09-15-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
#5.
Can't figure out if Christie's inability to assist her partner was confusion that the activity was a Roadblock rather than a Detour, or whether it was because she's a nonentity.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-04, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
Hey Kitten! Seems I'm following you across the boards!

I was thinking the same thing... as Colin was having his 2 year old temper-tantrum, I was thinking, "gee, does Christie think this is a roadblock?" Perhaps she is so used to slacking off and letting Colin do all the hard stuff, she forgot it was a detour!

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-15-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "#3"
Colin/Christie should know they are the best team in the race (as per their own comments). Surely they realized this would make them targets to the other teams? And yet they fall behind when it counts most - right before the yield.

Of course, had their been an option
6. The producers make this a non-elimination leg, keeping Colon/Christie in the race.

that would have been my choice

MEmacmur

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "#3"
Though I agree with some of the above arguments re: C&K placing the Yield when they should have allowed another team to do it and Christie's apparent inability to help Colin during the Detour. Every other team worked together and probably finished the task faster.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-15-04, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "5"
None of these were really that bad only choosing this one because the colin/christie finished in last.

survivalist 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-16-04, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivalist Click to send private message to survivalist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
5. Colin/Christie get to the detour and choose to Plow. Colin has trouble steering the ox and goes all over the place. They are the last team to the pitstop and lose all their money.

It has to be number 5. Nature and the animal kingdom have their way to get back to us humans for abuse.

If I may add, it may be Brandon & Nicole jumping onto a cab on their way to the pitstop without, of all things, a MAP! The driver had that look and grin that he had taken them for a ride.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-04, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "But choosing Plow wasn't wrong in & of itself."
Choosing the Duck Geese option would have been the worse move.

I disagree with #5 as worded.

It was not a poor move to go with the Plow option.

However, if there were something in the clue that explained how to do the plowing, then the bad move was not reading the clue, or not figuring out that it took both team members to control the ox.

I'm used to herding sheep - I'm a natural for this show!

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "#5"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-04 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

1. Linda/Karen leave the pitstop and promptly get lost. They are the last team to the roadblock.
But they kicked a$$ at the roadblock ("Moms can build anything!") so this had no effect.

2. Colin/Christie try to get to Manila via Singapore. They can't make their connection in Singapore and have to head to Hong Kong to get to Manila. This puts them tied with the other teams instead of ahead of them.
We've seen this before ... secret, special connections will bite you in the tookas.

3. When the teams get to Manila, Colin/Christie are late getting out of the airport, which allows Chip/Kim to use the Yield on them.
Almost my choice, but I think there were other factors that delayed the ColinKing.

4. Chip/Kim are the first team to the jeeps but have trouble decorating it. They are passed by Brandon/Nicole and Linda/Karen.
But they made up for it with the taxi jump.

Any time we see the Colinoscopy rant is well worth the money. Priceless. (and btw, EP JB will be paying the farmer for psychological counceling for the carabao for the next 2 years).

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

09-16-04, 02:18 PM (EST)
20. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 11"
Memacmur hit it dead on!
"6. The producers make this a non-elimination leg, keeping Colon/Christie in the race."
If the Colitis and Christie win this, I am deprogramming CBS from my television remote.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •