The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The long view"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-17-01, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The long view"
Because we have so little data, we're focusing episode-by-episode on what's going to happen. That's great, but there is also a need to take the long view of events.

In this thread, I would like to post information (NOT speculation) about who sticks around. That means either copies of articles or links to articles that give information about stuff such as weight loss, friendships, etc. Why? Well, we've seen how important friendships are. Did everyone remember that Debb said that she really liked Maralyn and Mitchell, but that she didn't become friends with Kimmi until the plane ride home? That doesn't mean Kimmi doesn't go next (Debb could have taken off to see the Great Wall of China right after Mitchell's boot), but it needs to be kept in mind!

So, to start us off (and because Webby has already raised this point in talking about how well Kucha's eating as opposed to Ogakor), here is a quote from the article about Keith and Michael's relative weight loss:

'Survivor's' battle of the bulge
By Lynn Waldsmith / Special to The Detroit News

Does being thinner mean he's a winner? Or that he lasted longer than his fellow Michigan survivor?
Insiders at the Powerhouse Gym in West Bloomfield Township, where both Metro Detroit contestants work out, say chef Keith Famie of West Bloomfield Township lost 30 pounds by the time he returned from competing on the new Survivor: The Australian Outback.
"Eating bugs probably isn't too appetizing," says Chris Clayton, a kickboxing trainer who works with Famie.
However, software publisher and distributor Michael Skupin of White Lake Township apparently didn't shed a pound. "When he came back I didn't notice any difference," says aerobics director Jaclyn Ruscitte.
Hmmmm. Richard Hatch, winner of the original Survivor series last summer, dropped a ton of weight. Could the key be survival of the unfittest?
I don't think this indicates that Keith wins or even gets close to the end; it may just reflect the relative food conditions between Kucha and Ogakor.

OK, well what about the articles on Keith and Michael? A post today on ss.com says that the article really quoted Michael as saying that he didn't get to know Keith in the tribe but he heard good things about him from the other Ogakor. (I have not found this link yet). We have concluded that Keith and Michael make the merged tribe, but this indicates that one of them leaves fast -- and Michael may have been talking to Colby and Tina but not Jerri.

Please, let's try to get all this stuff collected in one thread, so we can use it. THEN we can try to make some guesses about how the game plays out. This is the kind of speculation that needs INFO -- let's get it!

"Society's goal is to be part of the whole. That may sound good to you, not to me." -- P.F. Sloan

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Rodger's weight loss AyatollahKhomeini 02-17-01 1
   Michael's burned hands AyatollahKhomeini 02-17-01 2
       RE: Not Credible tooti 02-25-01 22
           RE: Not Credible shakes the clown 02-25-01 23
               Look before you leap... AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 25
                   RE: Look before you leap... ItzLisa 02-27-01 37
                   RE: Look before you leap... Minstrel 02-27-01 41
                       paratrooper's point in post #28 AyatollahKhomeini 02-28-01 43
 "More guys than girls" at merger --... AyatollahKhomeini 02-17-01 3
   L.A. Times AyatollahKhomeini 03-02-01 47
 Sick contestant "early on" AyatollahKhomeini 02-17-01 4
   Hospitalization "rumors" AyatollahKhomeini 03-02-01 48
 Does anyone have a link to Amber's ... AyatollahKhomeini 02-17-01 5
   Amber info Siebured 02-17-01 7
       Nick's weight loss AyatollahKhomeini 02-18-01 13
 Jerri's mom Siebured 02-17-01 6
   Jerri article AyatollahKhomeini 02-17-01 8
       Shopping Siebured 02-17-01 10
       RE: Jerri article shakes the clown 02-25-01 24
 RE: The long view Tamia2001 02-17-01 9
 RE: The long view MistyG 02-17-01 11
   RE: The long view MistyG 02-17-01 12
 RE: The long view Minstrel 02-18-01 14
   Weight loss AyatollahKhomeini 02-18-01 15
 RE: The long view Agile1 02-18-01 16
   RE: The long view vviCKed 02-19-01 17
       Soozin's fat... AyatollahKhomeini 02-19-01 18
           RE: Soozin's fat... Minstrel 02-19-01 19
               Weight loss in S1 was minimal throu... AyatollahKhomeini 02-20-01 20
 RE: The long view Kokoro 02-24-01 21
   RE: The long view Minstrel 02-26-01 26
       RE: The long view oumed 02-26-01 27
           Disagree with Minstrel AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 28
               Another view of the photo AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 29
                   I take it back... oumed 02-26-01 30
                       RE: I take back what I was thinking... LIZZLOVER 02-26-01 31
                           Rumors AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 33
                       Thanks oumed AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 32
                       RE: I take it back... SurvivorBlows 02-26-01 34
                           Mike's bio AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 35
                   RE: Another view of the photo samiam 02-28-01 44
               Question Aya Minstrel 02-26-01 36
                   More info AyatollahKhomeini 02-27-01 38
                       RE: More info samiam 02-27-01 39
                           anybody know tribe name? Elisabeth Rules 02-27-01 40
                               Merged tribe name and color AyatollahKhomeini 02-28-01 42
                                   RE: Merged tribe name and color 40thandUp 02-28-01 45
                                       RE: Merged tribe name and color Elisabeth Rules 03-02-01 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-17-01, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Rodger's weight loss"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-01 AT 03:01 AM (EST)

Excerpts from a Channel Cincinnati article:

Survivor: Could The Old Guy Win?
Local Contestant Generates Buzz
David Thomas, Staff Writer
January 8, 2001, 2:33 p.m. EST
CRITTENDEN, Ky. -- ... It started last fall when industrial arts teacher Rodger Bingham failed to show up for class one day. The substitute teacher told his students that he didn't know when Bingham would return, and that he didn't know why Bingham was gone....

Grant County is relatively small, given that it is less than an hour from three good-sized cities: Cincinnati, Lexington and Louisville. Roughly 3,000 people call Crittenden, Ky. -- Bingham's hometown (pictured at left), the northernmost city in the county -- home. How hard could it be to find a few chatty students hanging out wherever kids hang out in the middle of Kentucky?

Grant County juniors Christi and Peggy had just stepped off their school bus when Christi ("Please don't use my last name, OK?") fired up a Marlboro and considered Bingham's teaching qualities....

Peggy said that the school population has what it thinks is irrefutable proof that Bingham did well: his pants. "They're all baggy now," she said. "He lost a bunch of weight, so he must have been over there for a while. Looks like he might have won some money." ...

The people working at a small outlet mall down the street from the high school heard about Bingham's droopy drawers, too. "His pants were doubled over and pinned in the back," said Dana, a woman working in a home goods store. "You could tell he'd gone hungry for a while."

"Oh yeah? I heard he got constipated on ants," offered a customer named Mike.

The owners of the Elliston-Stanley Funeral Home -- folks, it should be noted, who don't deal with survivors -- have known the Bingham family for years. They said that he tried out for "Survivor" on a whim. "It shocked us," Mike Stanley said. "We heard he created a really good video, something like him coming up out of a swamp like Rambo, all covered with mud."

Stanley said Bingham has the wherewithal to outlast the other competitors, even though he is the oldest contestant. He also confirmed the not-so-secret weight-loss theory. "I'd say he dropped 25, 30 pounds at least," he said. "What's that worth in dollars and cents?" ...

Hmmm. Rodger lost 25-30 pounds and his tribemate Michael didn't lose any?

02-17-01, 03:40 AM (EST)
2. "Michael's burned hands"
An excerpt from a Web article written by Chris Gore, who is the uncle (by marriage) of Michael's wife Peni:

As for Michael Skupin, I understand that he arrived home from Australia with a sea of television cameras surrounding his home. His hands were wrapped in bandages, badly burned during his experiences in the Outback. (He's offered no explanation for the burns, or how they might happen on the show.) Both Michael, and wife Peni have remained tightlipped not only to the press, but to family as well, so I really don’t know a thing. (He would lose a load of money and bring a lawsuit from CBS if he revealed anything.) It’s become the main topic of gossip on my wife’s side of the family, something I never really paid much attention to before, and I plan to avoid even more. I prefer to find out everything on the show like everyone else. What I do plan to ask Michael when I see him at the next reunion is, why the heck did you bring “war paint” as your luxury item? Not razors, a comb, a knife or something useful, Michael brought “war paint.” If I can get the answer to that question, I’ll be satisfied.

tooti 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-25-01, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tooti Click to send private message to tooti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Not Credible"
Chris Gore's article is not very credible. Michael returned to a sea of cameras? When he returned from filming, the survivors' names hadn't even been released yet! Besides, Gore is the editor of a magazine with the credibility level of the National Enquirer.

Tooti

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-25-01, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Not Credible"
. Michael returned to
>a sea of cameras?
>When he returned from filming,
>the survivors' names hadn't even
>been released yet

...great point Tootie (not bad for a chick on roller skates)....I think we can once and for all put the "Mike gets burned" rumor to rest.

If I remember correctly, there was only one Survivor "outed" before early January when they were all "outed" by Survivornews.com and that was Rodger Bingham. Additionally, even Rodger was outed AFTER he was already back from filming, so there would be NO WAY that cameras would greet any of the survivors.

Damn, that was so obvius I can't believe no one poited it out before.

02-26-01, 01:54 PM (EST)
25. "Look before you leap..."
We are very quick to want to discredit everything as being planted. As for the cameras, I figured that the writer meant CBS cameras --- which would probably be the case if Michael was a key player at the end of the game. (I think CBS filmed the finalists' return to the US in the same fashion as the POWs' return from Vietnam was covered and intends to drown us with it in the wrap-up show.)

As far as Michael's injured hands: Please take a look at this picture, from the Rhinosoft web site and discovered by AtlantaFatMike on the "ezboard" ss.com:

Note that this picture was taken during the winter, and the survivors came back in early December. (You can find this pictures in the bios, it's called mikebustrip)

Take a good look at this closeup of Mike's left hand:

Looks like a burn glove to me! Other thoughts?

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-01, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Look before you leap..."

>Looks like a burn glove to
>me! Other thoughts?

Yup, that's what it looks like. Guess we'll find out in two days if that's what happened to him in the "injury" episode!

****************************** "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." (Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy)

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-27-01, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Look before you leap..."
Gee, the non-close up looks as if the hand has five fingers and a thumb! Then, the close up doesn't! Anyone with a reason for this?

02-28-01, 02:05 AM (EST)
43. "paratrooper's point in post #28"
I thought your original post later in this thread was intended to make this point, which is why I included the post from paratrooper that addresses this issue in my response (post #28). By the way, paratrooper has a blow-up on ss.com, which I did not bring over, that shows the indentation he refers to in his response.

The majority opinion on ss.com, shared by paratrooper and Aja, is that this is an authentic picture. But, as you and I have agreed, there is no way to know what it means because the burn could have happened much later than E6. Maybe Michael fell while firewalking!

02-17-01, 03:57 AM (EST)
3. ""More guys than girls" at merger -- L.A. Times"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-01 AT 03:58 AM (EST)

Saturday, January 27, 2001

FIRST PERSON
One Aussie's Stakeout in the Outback

By DAVID FLETCHER-MOULTON, Special To The Times

BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA--What do 16 "Survivors" and one Aussie journalist have in common? They all took on the Australian outback and won (well, some of them did)....

I had some bad luck with my motorbike--as I was on my way to the falls one day, a herd of about 10 wild horses sent me racing into a tree. I later found out after a visit to hospital in Brisbane that I had fractured my arm.
(could this be the source of the rumors about a contestant breaking an arm in a horseback accident?)

Some of the local Aborigines had been teaching the cast how to throw boomerangs and told the crew stories about how Goshen Station had bad spirits. They advised me that I was better off not going back either....

With my arm throbbing, I decided it would be pointless to stay out there for too much longer. Mal was going to be heading back to Townsville and much as I wanted to stay, I returned home after lasting a total of three weeks, one day and seven hours in the outback.
I will tell you that when the tribes merge there are more guys than girls and they are a very good-looking, healthy, fit group....

03-02-01, 02:56 AM (EST)
47. "L.A. Times"
Wasn't the LA Times a reputable paper once upon a time?

02-17-01, 04:32 AM (EST)
4. "Sick contestant "early on""
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-01 AT 05:53 AM (EST)

From a summary of pre-show magazine articles on Survivornews.net:

Newsweek reported that they got confirmation from Mark Burnett that nobody from Survivor 2 was seriously injured, although somebody did get "very very ill early on in Survivor 2."

Is this a confirmation (missed by everybody) of the rumor discussed in this post:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/629.shtml#28

Can anyone find the referenced Newsweek article??????

EDITED TO ADD: Well, I found the link. It's a video clip over on newsweek.msnbc.com from the Jan. 22 issue, and it provides no news whatsoever -- the summary is inaccurate. All that is said is that "Mark Burnett confirmed that somebody gets very very ill on the FIRST EPISODE of Survivor II, but he would not comment on the other rumors that somebody had to go to the hospital during filming." (emphasis mine)

03-02-01, 02:58 AM (EST)
48. "Hospitalization "rumors""
OK, that was a fact.

02-17-01, 05:54 AM (EST)
5. "Does anyone have a link to Amber's weight loss?"
I have not been able to locate the article. Thanks.

Siebured 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-17-01, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Amber info"
I don't have the weight loss link, (I think that was a post on the SS board), but I may have other Amber info.

I live in Pittsburgh, and our local CBS affiliate, KDKA, always interviews the booted contestant the day after their boot. Since Beaver is near here they always ask the contestants what they thought of Amber.

The only actual link I have is the Kel interview where he said he didn't get to know Amber but thought she was cute. (for this link go to www.KDKA.com search the vid clips. This clip was aired 20010202)

When Deb was on she said some bs like, "I could tell she comes from a good family and will be competitive." (duh, whatever that means)

Mitch was on yesterday. He said, "She's real sweet and talented.", but then he added, "Amber, if you're watching, CALL ME." I got the impression that they're not close buds.

Sorry I don't have the links for all this but maybe someone else from the area can comfirm this.

02-18-01, 07:30 AM (EST)
13. "Nick's weight loss"
In the same vein, Siebured, there was a post on ss.com back in late January from a woman claiming to be a Harvard Law student in Nick's class and section, who reported that he probably lost about 15 lb. From reading her post, I would say that she probably was a Harvard Law student (you'll have to take my word for it that I have some knowledge of the subject), so I have presumed that the rest of her post was true as well. But, unless someone else is willing to go search the ss.com archives for the post, I cannot produce any evidence beyond my memory.

I find the messages to Amber interesting because they indicate (1) the booted Kucha didn't know her, meaning she stays on a long time and (2) she didn't keep in contact with her fellow Ogakor (neither Maralyn or Mitchell had talked to her). I need to think about what this means (perhaps Amber ended up as another Kelly). Thanks.

02-17-01, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Jerri's mom"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-01 AT 09:05 AM (EST)

Here's the link to the article about Jerri that states:

She stayed in OZ after filming to go shopping.(indicating she stays until merger)

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/?Jan2001/20-e11847.html

Also note that it states she had to fly to NY for the premier. (indicating the party with Alicia, Jeff & Mitchell may have been a contractual agreement)

Edited to add more miscellaneous info:
(I know this stuff isn't relevant to this weeks ep, but I'll put it here just to keep it in one spot)

Here is Debb's comment about Jeff, Mike, etc.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor2/survivors/debb_c4.html

Here's an article about the ranch where they stayed and the woman mentions that some of them went whitewater rafting.
http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,41074,00.html

When Debb was on Craig Kilborn, (no link for this, but it was posted on the SF site before), she said she went whitewater rafting after she was booted.

I also know, because I heard it myself, on the Early Show Debb said she sat next to Kimmi on the ride home and got to know her better at that time. (I am still searching for this link)

I'm not giving any analysis of the above info, (mostly because I just suck at it), just providing it for you supersleuths.

02-17-01, 05:47 PM (EST)
8. "Jerri article"
Thanks. One thing I don't understand: why does the fact that she stayed in Oz for an extra week to go shopping indicate that she stayed until merger? Couldn't it mean just as easily that it was OK with MB if the booted survivors went off-site to remote places (whitewater rafting, surfing, Great Wall of China) during the game, but not to places where reporters might lurk (big Ozzie cities)?

02-17-01, 06:48 PM (EST)
10. "Shopping"
Actually there is another article, which I can't locate right now, that has Mrs. Alderman of the ranch talking to a reporter. She told him that she would occasionally take the bootees into town to shop. Whenever someone asked who they were, they just said they were students at the university.

It's the same article that states "Maralyn, Kel, or Jerri" might have stayed there.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-01, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Jerri article"

>Couldn't it mean just as
>easily that it was OK
>with MB if the booted
>survivors went off-site to remote
>places (whitewater rafting, surfing, Great
>Wall of China) during the
>game, but not to places
>where reporters might lurk (big
>Ozzie cities)?

...I'm with you on this one Ayatollah....I'm sure that MB didn't let them go to the MAJOR tourist attractions while they were still filming...once they were done filming it wouldn't suprise me if someone (even one who was booted early) would want to take a week to tour the parts of Australia that they couldn't do while on MB's leash.

Especially someone like Jerri, who isn't married, doesn't have a serious job to rush back to...why wouldn't she take the extra time to tour Australia...if I was in her shoes, I would do the exact same thing.

I assess the "jerri shopping" story to have ZERO spoiler potential.

Tamia2001 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

02-17-01, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamia2001 Click to send private message to Tamia2001 Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The long view"
The painted faces are of 2 castaways,
and an aborigini..
2 pictures are Keith.2 are of a lean-faced woman with green eyes.
This could mean nothing...but the woman has Liz's headdress on.
And if you all still see animal/insect clues....no one has a more deceiving smile than Elizabeth.
(The crocodile..they lay in wait.)
Other than that,watch out for Amber.

MistyG 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-17-01, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MistyG Click to send private message to MistyG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The long view"
It seems to me that Michael could get information from two sources. The ones who merger, or the ones who were kicked off. Kel and Maralyn could have had a lot of nice things to say about Michael as well... not to knock you off your thread, but there are any number of ways that information could be read.

MistyG 45 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-01, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MistyG Click to send private message to MistyG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The long view"
I'm sorry, I meant that kel and maralyn could have said nice things about Kieth... woops

02-18-01, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The long view"
People's metabolic rate, "fat" retention, water loss, muscle loss, etc. are different. Most prominent is the Rodger/Mike weight loss "reports." Rodger is 15 years older than Mike who is 38. Mike is physically fit where Rodger isn't. I think Rodger would lose weight faster than Mike and that Mike may be one of those people that can replace lost weight quicker. He is active, strong and is certainly providing protein for himself and the tribe. I wouldn't be surprised to know that Mike had "thirds" when they ate the pig. Rodger appears more "social" and is likely to take a portion of food and that's it.

Maralyn and Mitch lost a bunch of weight too. Mitch had no "meat" on him to begin with and Maralyn certainly did, but being "retired" probably wasn't as fit as she should have been. I think I remember her saying this during her "booted TV rounds."
But she made references to many being physically fit.

Further, the average age on S2 is about a year or so lower than on S1. And, I think the challenges to date have been physically tougher than in S1.

As for interaction after being booted, MB did not let people go back to the states until the filming was over. Early bootees could have regained weight (some at least) before being seen by their normal contacts. And, being in OZ or China or whatever, mixing could easily happen. You're back in "civilization!"

All I'm saying is be careful how we percieve these spoilers. They can easily be muddled and lead us down the wrong path. I take notice of weight loss spoilers, but they don't stand alone and define enough. Maralyn lost something like a pound a day on average. And, if you look at preshow spoilers on Mike not losing weight, you'd think he got booted early! Now we project him making the merger at least. And, when and if he gets the boot, he too will have "the comforts of home" and weight loss will have had nothing to add to when he left the "contest."

I think Mitch said in his TV bootee rounds he lost 20 or more pounds. That's like an average of 2 per day. Yet, he only lasted 3 more days than Maralyn. Don't buy this hook line and sinker, just look for what is more relevant.

02-18-01, 09:23 PM (EST)
15. "Weight loss"
Well, Minstrel, the point is not that only these people lost weight. The point is that people who were booted a long time prior to the end of the show had time to put the weight back on before they came back. The longer you lasted, the less chance you had to gain the weight back before coming back! Nevertheless, I agree that we need to be careful, because Ogawhore had much less food (and probably lost much more weight pre-merger) than Kuchikoo.

None of the stories we saw about Mitchell or Maralyn noted how thin they were upon returning. I would say this is because they gained back whatever they lost.

On the "Jerri's shopping" point: don't know about you, but if I was in Oz, I wouldn't want to return with just having gone to the stores in Cairns. I'd want to go to Sydney and Melbourne, at least, and maybe Canberra (not to shop, but to see the seat of government).

Agile1 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-01, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agile1 Click to send private message to Agile1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The long view"
Well, I remember reading on an ss.com board that Jerri, Alicia, Mitch and I think Jeff had a party in NYC a few weeks ago. Now, while this isn't a spoiler in itself, combine it with the information that Deb said she liked Maralyn and Mitch- both bootees out of Ogawhore.

This is purely speculative, but say that Alicia and Jerri are the next two bootees. They meet at the ranch, become friends, hang with Sasquatch, Alicia talks about her great buddy Jeffie, and when they all get back to the states they decide to throw a party in New York. It would certainly explain why they were friends. Also, if Jerri & Alicia are booted, that makes a 6/4 merger reality, both in terms of tribe members and men/women.

Just stirrin the pot.

vviCKed 56 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-01, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vviCKed Click to send private message to vviCKed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The long view"
In S1 Susan was one of the final 4 and she only lost like 4 lbs I think. Remember she guessed she lost like 14, but it was like 3 or 4.

02-19-01, 03:37 PM (EST)
18. "Soozin's fat..."
... was concentrated in her head, making it harder to burn off! But you're right; one exception generally means that there will be more exceptions.

02-19-01, 05:17 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Soozin's fat..."
And therefore, how much "weight" can be applied to the weight loss issue? Just to stay on record I think that this is a viable issue, but just not fool proof.

02-20-01, 06:24 PM (EST)
20. "Weight loss in S1 was minimal through E11"
Minstrel, I guess you knew best. This post is copied from RtroActiv on ss.com related to weight loss on S1:

"I was just watching the Survivor 1 highlights DVD last night and they showed a challenge that never made it on air. In it (day 32 all pagong but Colleen gonzo) they were shown themselves in a mirror and asked to guess how much weight they had lost. IIRC Richard (Who you'd think would shed pounds like crazy) had only lost 22 pounds. Most of the others were in the neighborhood of 9 (Colleen) to I believe 12. From watching Survivor II i can't see how any of these cast memebers even if they made it the full 42 days could lose 10 pounds more than Big Ole Richard. and gimme a break Amber could hide in one of Richards folds. So i can't see the weight loss rumors as anything but Huge exagerations."

I could easily see Rodger losing Richard-like weight if he stuck around until E11. But, based on this data, it's hard to picture any of the rest of these people losing more than 15-20 pounds, even if they stayed till the final three.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-01, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The long view"
Just bumpin' this up....it's still a useful thread

Also, could someone post the article (was it even an article?) that talks about the 6-4 merger? I'm so used to just believing this I totally forget where it comes from.

02-26-01, 05:16 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The long view"
I can't remember the original URL for the article, but it did say (reporter) 6-4. But my post is on the gloves Mike "wears." This photo is obviously redoctored and false. First off, "gloves" are not good things for burns. While the skin (grafted or not) is healing, bandages wrap the burn so as to inhibit movement and protect the area, not to mention the pain through out the healing. Movement can tear new tissue too easily and would hurt even more. Later on in the healing and treatment for burns, less bandages are required and it is necessary for air to be exposed to the burn to facilitate healing. It is a long process.

But what is important about this photo of Mike and his burned hands, is where was this photo when the rumors about his hands surfaced? This is a "new" photo. And while I can't prove it, I think it is pre-survivor. All the selected survivors have family and friends kinds of shots that CBS uses. Remember S1? We had family information introduced in the show! Children, parents, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc. It's a hoax and other sites expose it perfectly. You find the links. But I will ask this question. Does anyone remember seeing Mike's hands "wrapped" in earlier episodes? How about the water holding challenge? (As in weight lifters). I think this is when the spoiler for Mike's hands really took off. Got to check the past episodes I taped.

oumed 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-01, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oumed Click to send private message to oumed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The long view"
I agree that this photo looks "doctored", however I must disagree with your thought that "gloves are not good things for burns"... during the healing process "burn gloves" are commonly worn for several reasons. It is unfortunate that you are so misinformed in the "healing process" for burns.

So yes I agree this looks like a fake picture, however you would expect to see Mike, if his hands are indeed burned, wearing gloves similar to those pictured

oumed

02-26-01, 06:19 PM (EST)
28. "Disagree with Minstrel"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-01 AT 07:22 PM (EST)

Sorry, nothing about this picture looks or seems doctored to me. First, I doubt that Michael would let MB plant a doctored photo on his Web site. Second, if you look at this picture on the site, it's tiny -- follow this link:

http://www.rhinosoftinteractive.com/bios/mike.html

The large version on the site, which has now been blocked to traffic (probably all the people trying to get a look at it crashed the server) clearly shows the glove.

Please read paratrooper's post on the subject of this picture at ss.com. Because the link gets me the standard ss.com message ("GO AWAY!"), I'm reproducing it here.

Reply Number 5 - "It appears pretty.."
Posted by paratrooper on Feb-26-01 at 03:42 PM
authentic.
Here is why:
The pic we all see on the main page is a "edited" jpg file of the original which includes the text at the bottom of the picture. So another words, the image has lost much of it clarity from the original, and it is hard to see the "compression glove"
Now, the "2nd picture" actually resides on their web server, and is identical to the 1st one, but better clarity, and much larger. (this is common practice on web pages)
As far as the "white lines" people are assuming looks like your "common paste" job, WELL, in fact, these are the "seams" that are used and placed right above the knuckles on this type of glove.
Lastly, something that would take a "Lucas Film Art's Special effects creator" to manipulate without deception:
You can even see the indentation of Mike's left thumb on his buddies collar..

And read the rest of the thread over there for further analysis of burn gloves and the picture. Ultimately, it comes down to this: Only the "X-Files" types think it's a fake.

Minstrel, I agree that you wouldn't wear a REGULAR GLOVE with a burn (it would harm the new skin), but you would wear this kind of compression or burn glove. The caption says this picture was taken in January 2001, and frankly, I haven't been examining this site closely enough to know when this picture went up. But I see no evidence of it having been doctored -- it looks real to me.

Minstrel and oumed, I'd like some explanation as to why you feel it is so obvious that that this picture "looks doctored" that you can say it so matter-of-factly. I don't know that it tells us much, because we have no idea when or how Michael burns his hands, but I think this shows us that he did.

Finally, Minstrel, please send my regards to Agent Mulder when you see him next.

Edited to add the text of paratrooper's post, due to link failure.

02-26-01, 06:53 PM (EST)
29. "Another view of the photo"
Because Rhinosoft Interactive has now closed access to its JPEG files through its server, I thought I would post the larger version of the picture here for reference:

oumed 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-01, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oumed Click to send private message to oumed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "I take it back..."
AK - upon review of the larger photo... i take back my comments about this being a fake photo. The originally posted pictures were substantially lower quality and appeared as if the gloved hand or even the whole head of Mike could have been edited.

However, now i without a doubt believe that Mike at some point in his life has had burns to his hands. (My reasoning is that the glove shown in the picture is definitely a compression glove worn post-burns, and they're neither warm or comfortable so why would you wear them if you haven't been burned?) Was this pre-survivor? Was it during Surivor? Was it after Survivor? That is up to speculation.

I personally am leaning toward it being part of Survivor possibly the 'incident' this week for this episode. (My 'evidence' is the "trial by fire" title, and previous references to fire etc.) However, there is nothing which would rule out Mike getting burned after he was booted and hanging out at the resort... or any other situation for that matter.

Rock and Roll... this is a most interesting find... and definitely gives value to the "Mike burned his hands" rumors...

Thanks AK
oumed

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-26-01, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: I take back what I was thinking..."
I was just about to respond to this post about it being a fake (my first opinion) but after seeing this version, I take back what I was thinking They are, without a doubt, burn gloves.

I just wonder how many of these rumours are started by Burnett kronies? If they can keep the results of the first 2 series a secret for this long, throwing rumors out on the internet would be a breeze. The Blair Witch comes to mind. Regardless of the sources, we're all here talkng about it, which is exactly what they want. Is it Thursday yet??

02-26-01, 08:15 PM (EST)
33. "Rumors"
In the first show, I was convinced that a couple of the regular posters on ss.com (I won't give their names, in case I am wrong, but one of them also posted some over here) were Burnett employees, becuse they posted a high volume of theories, all inconsistent, and advanced a lot of wild "facts." I have seen less of that this time, because I think MB has become less worried about us (not SB.com, but rather all of us "spoiler-hunters" on all the sites) ... but this may change as time goes on.

Let's put it this way: we came into S2 with "rumors" that the tribes were 6-4 male-female and 6-4 in favor of one tribe and that one tribe won three ICs in a row. And we had photos that indicated that Debb and Kel were the first two to go. Based on that, SB.com has picked the correct tribe for the booted person each time. BUT, in the three TCs since Debb and Kel left, we didn't pick Maralyn and we didn't pick Kimmi (my fault for not taping E4), and we (the board, not the official SB pick) only barely picked Mitchell. In other words, even with a fair amount of info, we're getting eaten alive by MB. Ouch.

02-26-01, 07:58 PM (EST)
32. "Thanks oumed"
I try to be sensitive to the possibility of fake photos, especially after MB's faked "final four" photo on the opening credits of S1 -- I was one of the people who argued that the photo was either doctored or cropped, and both turned out to be true.

This photo, though, doesn't fit the mold of that photo. It's hidden in Michael's BORING Web bio (which reads like a Christmas letter sent by someone you don't know), and no one would even have noticed it if Peni's uncle hadn't written that Michael came home with his hands wrapped.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-01, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: I take it back..."
>you haven't been burned?) Was
>this pre-survivor? Was it during
>Surivor? Was it after Survivor?

You know -- I saw this photo on Mike's site WEEKS AGO -- it appeared a couple of weeks after we first reported the existence of Mike's horrible bio on 1-1-2001.

See link: http://www.survivorblows.com/newspub/archives.cgi?category=2&view=1-01

...I'm just so annoyed I didn't notice the hands then. For the record, the caption on the smaller copy of the photo claimed it was shot in January, after Mike and Greg closed four more deals.

Now, if you are a REAL conspiracy believer, you'd be believing that once MB learned we'd discovered Mike's site, he talked Mike into posting the photo knowing that it would get discovered as some point (remember, well prior to Mike's uncle's article, there are already been rumors of burned hands)

02-26-01, 10:24 PM (EST)
35. "Mike's bio"
SB, I went to this site briefly back then, just long enough to confirm your description of it as the least-professional Web bio you'd ever seen. Instead of combing it for details, I ran away screaming!

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-01, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Another view of the photo"
Just found this pic of Michael from last week, in which both hands are visible. Is it me or do they look more pink/purple than the rest of his skin (indicating scarring)?

I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating. -- George W. Bush

02-26-01, 11:26 PM (EST)
36. "Question Aya"
Wasn't this picture on Rhinosoft's web site? Wasn't the "resume" that has been trashed by this site? That's the beginning of the proof it's a fake. I am researching other areas related to burns and will post what I can find. But what is most drawing to me about the picture is first, I don't see the thumb depression on the jacket, but that isn't as important. The hand has a lighter tone to is. (I'm no expert photographer). The entire photo has a dark tone to all the colors while this one doesn't. The "pink" in the hand is too bright for the rest of the colors in my opinion. It's almost florescent, but as I said, I am trying to get other information.

BTW, I will give David your regards, the next time I see him.

02-27-01, 12:14 PM (EST)
38. "More info"
Yes, this is the resume that we have trashed so thoroughly because of its puffery about Michael. But that doesn't make the picture a fake; the resume isn't phony, it just overstates Michael's achievements.

BTW, one of the best sites for elementary information about burns is directed to children. It's called "cooltheburn.com", and here is the link to its description of compression garments:

http://www.cooltheburn.com/learn/therapy/comp.html

There are also some pictures of Jobst compression gloves on the Web, and they look like the one Michael is wearing. I could post one if anyone is interested.

The pinkness of the skin doesn't bother me; tender skin is pinker. What I'm more troubled by is the timing. If Michael really did burn his hands severely, he couldn't return to the game; the new skin requires too much attention (cremes, new gloves, etc.). But the picture on the Web site, if it was really taken in January, means that he had compression gloves on ten weeks after the events in E6. I thought even a third-degree burn that didn't produce permanent damage (for example, requiring grafting) would heal in less time than that. And there is no evidence that someone leaves the game other than by vote in E6.

In other words -- and I could be totally off-base about this -- I don't think Michael burns his hands NOW. I think the injury occurs later in the game!

"I don't want to start complainin'/ but you know there's always pain/ in my heart." -- artist unknown(?)

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-01, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: More info"
That said, let's take what we know or have heard from different sources:

1. Pic of Mike with burn glove taken in late Dec./early Jan (note the Christmas-themed flag in the background, I think this confirms timing of pic)

2. MB said that the accident in this show is basically the first, but not the worst. Michael burning his hand badly enough to require a glove would mean he could not continue on the show, and the tribe would vote him off symbolically for that week. The only way this could happen and not affect the two tribes competing is if it was after the merge.

3. I think that the whole "injury causes delay which extended survivor to 42 days" is a stretch. On the first series, the last show started with the final four, and there was one person voted off every day after that (not every three days as previously done). MB said for this one, he wanted to extend the endgame...so vote person 12 off on day 36, person thirteen off on day 38, person fourteen on day 40, and do the final jury vote on day 42. That, or a variation of that, would make sense.

4. Michael said he and Keith did not get to know each other well in the Outback, but that he heard good things about Keith from his tribemates. Even if Keith makes it to the merge, if Michael burns his hands and is voted off the next show they would only have a couple of days together, and Mike could hear about him from the ex-tribemates previously voted off. Or, if you subscribe to my theory that Keith gets voted off this week ;) then Michael and Keith may never meet in the Outback, as Michael would be undergoing intensive burn treatment for much of the duration of the show's time, but Michael could hear things about him from the merged Ogakors before he burns his hands.

So, Michael burning his hands, but in a later episode, seems to fit much better than anything else I've seen. Good job, AK!

I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating. -- George W. Bush

Elisabeth Rules 39 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-01, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elisabeth%20Rules Click to send private message to Elisabeth%20Rules Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "anybody know tribe name?"
hey, didn't want to start a new thread just for a quick question like this, and figured that this "long view" thread might be a decent place to put it. obviously this won't have any effect on the game, and isn't really important, but out of curiousity, does anybody know what the merged tribe name (or even their color) is for this season's survivor? haven't read it anywhere, so i didn't know if anybody knew. i know it's not really important, but i was just curious.

02-28-01, 01:58 AM (EST)
42. "Merged tribe name and color"
Maybe we'll find out in the E7 preview, because we have learned nothing yet about either of these.

40thandUp 43 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-01, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 40thandUp Click to send private message to 40thandUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Merged tribe name and color"

This site claims to have a Survivor II outback package - which includes a trip through where the game was played. Included are stops at the Kucha, Barramundi and Ogakor camps.

http://www.ozeholidays.com/surviveitin.htm

here is the day 5 quote

Day 5 CANOEING / KUCHA via BARRAMUNDI to CHALLENGE BEACH BLD

After breakfast we break camp and continue paddling down the river, taking in the breathtaking scenery and searching for wildlife. Your guides will ensure you see Crocodiles (freshwater) and plenty of other Flora & Fauna. We lunch at Barramundi camp before continuing to meander down the river via Ogakor camp (second Survivor team camp) to Challenge beach. Here we make camp for the night, before hiking to Eagle Bluff to watch the sunset over the Great Divide. This evening is a great opportunity for some nighttime spotlighting.

Barramundi is a fish - and could be the name chosen at the merger summit.

Defines the name of the fish
http://www.sea-ex.com/fishphotos/barramun.htm

No clues on the color though.

----

Elisabeth Rules 39 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-01, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elisabeth%20Rules Click to send private message to Elisabeth%20Rules Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Merged tribe name and color"
just checked out the online preview for next week's episode. color is orange, didn't say anything about tribe name. (thanks for the barramundi info 40thandUp, we'll see if you're right.)

it also mentions alliances breaking down so i don't see alliances having much to do with the next oustee. i'm eager to see what evidence arrises this week!

pissed about mike going. i was hoping if he did burn his hands, that it wouldn't be severe enough for him to have to leave the show but those were definitely some severe burns. and i wanted kucha to go into the merger with more members!! oh well, should make for an interesting merge to see which tribe is stronger.

IT'S A WHOLE NEW GAME BABY! and as always....GO ELISABETH!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •