The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Preview vidcaps..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-06, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Preview vidcaps..."
As always, thank-you Survivor Fever!

Well, the RC is a SUCHA(Super Challenge) involving water...I'd say that when all of the Daws react to whatever is in Jiffy's pocket they've already done the first part of the challenge as they are ALL WET!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Re: #24 & 25 Estee 04-21-06 1
 RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Previ... KObrien_fan 04-21-06 2
   RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Previ... architecturegirl 04-21-06 3
       RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Previ... KObrien_fan 04-21-06 4
   RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Previ... Flowerpower 04-21-06 5
       RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Previ... Carnac The Adequate 04-21-06 8
   RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Previ... JohnMc 04-21-06 14
       RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Previ... KObrien_fan 04-21-06 15
 Cirie on EI? ElroyJetson 04-21-06 6
   RE: Cirie on EI? michel 04-21-06 7
       RE: Cirie on EI? ElroyJetson 04-21-06 9
       RE: Cirie on EI? emydi 04-21-06 10
       RE: Cirie on EI? Brownroach 04-21-06 11
   RE: Cirie on EI? critter42 04-21-06 12
       RE: Cirie on EI? Flowerpower 04-21-06 22
           RE: Cirie on EI? critter42 04-21-06 24
               RE: Cirie on EI? Outfrontgirl 04-21-06 27
           RE: Cirie on EI? Outfrontgirl 04-21-06 26
               RE: Cirie on EI? Flowerpower 04-21-06 31
                   RE: Cirie on EI? Outfrontgirl 04-21-06 32
                       RE: Cirie on EI? Flowerpower 04-22-06 33
   RE: Cirie on EI? Outfrontgirl 04-22-06 34
 If not keys, then Jeff's credit car... bebekid 04-21-06 13
   RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... Brownroach 04-21-06 16
       RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... ElroyJetson 04-21-06 17
   RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... critter42 04-21-06 18
       RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... Flowerpower 04-21-06 19
           RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... Outfrontgirl 04-21-06 20
               RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... KObrien_fan 04-21-06 21
                   RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... Outfrontgirl 04-21-06 23
                       RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... KObrien_fan 04-21-06 25
                           RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... Outfrontgirl 04-21-06 28
                               RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... KObrien_fan 04-21-06 29
                                   RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit... Outfrontgirl 04-21-06 30
                       road trip saucydiva 04-23-06 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Re: #24 & 25"
'LEEEEEAVES!'

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Preview vidcaps..."
Well, the RC is a SUCHA(Super Challenge) involving water...I'd say that when all of the Daws react to whatever is in Jiffy's pocket they've already done the first part of the challenge as they are ALL WET!

I hate to be a nay-sayer but I disagree. A SUCHA is or has been by past defintions the challenge of second chances that rolls the elements from several previous challenges all into one super challenge.

What this looks like to me is a reward challenge that starts as 2 teams of 3, black team vs white team. The team of 3 wins reward and also gets to play for what is in Jeff's pocket. (Before Julie gets her panties in a bunch over that remark, I mean his right front pocket )

Because of the exile island twist they will be needing a reward challenge at F4, it seems logical to me since 9 out of 10 car challenges on survivor have been the last reward challenge of the season (plus the voice over says this is the bigest reward so far, implying that something bigger is still to come) it makes sense that the car challenge will be at F4 this year.

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-21-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Preview vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-06 AT 08:43 AM (EST)

Ok, but then why focus so much on what jeff is pulling out of his pocket? I cant think of anything but a key that would fit that - his pocket isnt bulging or anything, so its fairly small...looks to me like the car challenge is this episode. Any ideas on what else he could be pulling out of his pocket?

04-21-06, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Preview vidcaps..."
I had posted this speculation in the SeeBS thread:

My thoughts are that Jeff was reaching for some special immunity idol as a one time deal. Those that were already out would be extremely bummed. Either that or like Danni recieved a card to the immunity challenge in S12 (trade spaces with any other player) maybe what Jeff is reaching for will help the person win immunity. I doubt this is the car challenge though.

04-21-06, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Preview vidcaps..."
I stand corrected, it's not a SUCHA challenge.

Carnac The Adequate 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-21-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to send private message to Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Preview vidcaps..."
Super Challenge was my first thought, too -- beacuse of the big white frame floating at the end of the course -- but there don't seem to be any appropriately shaped puzzle pieces to pull into it, as in the previous floating-frame challenge, so ....

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-21-06, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Preview vidcaps..."
But the car challenge is usually at F5. Why would they save it for F4?

Or is it because F4 is a regular episode with the F3 and F2 challenges occuring during the finale?

04-21-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep 11, Perilous Scramble, Preview vidcaps..."
Exactly, it is because they need to exile someone during the F4 and normally they don't have an RC then. So the logical switch with the new EI theme this year is to still have the car challenge as the final reward, just offer it to the final 4 instead of final 5. Like BR said in the SeeBS thread and as I intimated previously here, if they give away a car at F6, then family reward at F5, what kind of reward will be left at F4? Not much.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-21-06, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Cirie on EI?"
Is Cirie on Exile Island in caps 23-27? I don't recall Gitanos beach as that rocky. If not, why the heck would SHE be fishing? She's never done that before!

I could certainly see why someone would send her to EI based on last episode's animosity. Could that indicate a Shane/Courtney RC win?

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
Elroy, Gitanos, old casaya, had rocks. Remember where Tina found her oysters. Also last episode, Aras had a confessional on some rocks.

For the RC, aren't we about due to see the challenge where Aras and Terry fight it out. If that was done in teams like the ropes suggest, it should be this week, with even numbers. Could it be the first part of this challenge? Or could the water challenge be the IC?

Jeff having an immunity in his pocket is a good idea but then you could have up to three players immune.

04-21-06, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
Thanks re: the rocks on Gitanos Michel. It still doesn't explain why she is doing the fishing. That's not her job.

Jeff having an immunity in his pocket is a good idea but then you could have up to three players immune.

I think TV Guide mentions that the 3 person team that wins the RC competes against each other for what's in Jeff's pocket.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
Could Jiffy be pulling a Blackberry out of his pocket...aren't they that small...that's why Shane found a piece of wood to use as his? Therefore, Danielle nor Shane would be the RC winner...

Eh, probably not, it's probably something to help immunity (like Danni) or a free trip to EI to avoid TC (like Sally)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
For the RC, aren't we about due to see the challenge where Aras and Terry fight it out. If that was done in teams like the ropes suggest, it should be this week, with even numbers.

We only have caps of 4 people in that sequence, michel -- and in fact they are C1's projected final 4 -- so it could be part of one of the F4 challenges.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

critter42 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-06, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail critter42 Click to send private message to critter42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
OK, in the last two shots, is that something manmade in the upper right corner? I've upped a shot of what I'm talking about being circled - I don't recall that structure around/near Casaya's beach (but I've been wrong before ) - does she win (a part of) another RC maybe?

critter42

04-21-06, 05:13 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
Great eyes there, critter! Cerie I think stumbles onto that fish while walking, it probably got caught in a tidal pool, just as the fish that the woman on Casaya found in the first ep. Definately she's not at camp when this occurs. Definately she's on a reward location, perhaps???

04-21-06, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail critter42 Click to send private message to critter42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-06 AT 06:42 PM (EST)

OK, I was wrong about the car keys, but at least I spotted something .

Nope, she's fishing - #23 and 24 show her grabbing a fishing line with her right hand, and 25 show her holding the standard rough-hewn dowel they use for a reel on this show. Here's screengrab which clearly shows the hook Also, it sounds like she's squealing "I caught a fish" in the audio

In addition, this shot clearly shows the structure I pointed out earlier is a man-made building - anyone out there have a clue if it's a resort of some kind?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
Thanks, critter! when I hit reply to post below you your post wasn't up yet.

Re the building:
Wezzie and Quartzeye at MESS are the Pearl Islands experts (as in, they've been on site). The Pearl Islands aren't remote or uninhabited so I guess it's possible that the other side of Casaya island might have a view of structures that the cameraman usually filters out. I don't know.

04-21-06, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
But Cirie shouldn't be on reward. Reward-winning team is Terry/Danielle/Courtney ...

Cirie has the fish on a line. She's holding the piece of wood with line attached and the fish is flopping, so it appears to me that she caught the fish rather than stumbled on it.

She may have walked to the other side of the island (where fish are bigger and close to shore) to get away from Shane and his incessant text messaging?

04-21-06, 10:35 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
Critter, thanks for the other vidcap with the hook in the mouth of the fish...clearly, she's fishing. OFG, why do you think that Terry/Danielle/Courtney go on reward this week? (Haven't seen anything to point to that, yet! And, I thought Danielle was rumored to be the exillee as per TDT?), I think I'm missing something!

Could Cirie be at some kind of fishing resort that's part of the reward?

04-21-06, 11:57 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
Hey FP!
TDT has retracted that spoiler because Danielle competes in this IC ...

The teaser say "winners of the reward challenge" get to compete (for the car), so that means to me the reward itself is won by the team. We know Terry/D/Courtney are a team, therefore it's either them or it's Aras/Shane/Cirie who go on reward -- no picking friends.

Reactions shots of wet players watching Jeff reveal keys -- Terry's whole team. Dry player reaction inserted for misdirection, Aras. Pic of disgruntled wet players from other team, Cirie and Shane.

To me that says Terry's team is the one that wins and plays for the car.

04-22-06, 06:32 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
Thanks, OFG, that all makes more sense to me! Taking Danielle out of the exilee equation also helps alot!

04-22-06, 05:40 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Cirie on EI?"
Wezzie has solved Cirie's location (Sucks, Spoilers, Ep 11)!
She found a cap of Tina in the same spot where Cirie catches the fish. Structure thingie is visible, but harder to make out.
Cirie fishes on Casaya.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-21-06, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
If Jeff is not pulling keys out of his pocket, then maybe he is pulling out his VISA card, unless some other credit card is a sponsor this season.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
NIce! I like it, Bebekid. He did that once before -- was it the Paschal/Neleh dinner on the boat?

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

04-21-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
17. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
was it the Paschal/Neleh dinner on the boat?

Oh, do you guys want to share the rest of this used mint?

04-21-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
18. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
Just by his hand position, I don't think it's either a card or car keys. If it were car keys, I would think his ring finger and thumb would be curled up more to his palm,but they're fairly straight. And if it were a card, his middle finger would be on the same plane as his index and ring finger, but it's not - it's clearly elevated above the other two in pic 17.

I've watched that section of the preview back and forth a few times, and it appears to me it is something at least half as long as his hand, maybe an inch and a half or two inches in diameter and possibly cylindrical - no clue what it might be though, but I'm pretty sure it's not car keys or a card of some kind.

04-21-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
19. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-06 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

Web promo is up...it's definately a vehicle key...

04-21-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
20. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
Why are Danielle, Courtney, Terry, and Aras shown reacting to the car key reveal while Shane and Cirie are shown looking disgruntled, if it's a team of 3 competing for the car?

Aras looks totally wowed and excited. Could the final stage involve these four, or even just Aras and Terry? (In which case the water challenge isn't teamwork all the way, it would have to turn individual at some point, which would be odd.

Either that or those reaction shots come before the water challenge, but then why do they look wet?

With this second round setup, if I were Jeff, at the beginning I would announce there's a playoff for a second prize, but I wouldn't reveal the keys until after explaining phase 2 to the contenders who are moving on.

04-21-06, 05:10 PM (EST)
21. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
The way I envision this happening:

Jeff tells them about the challenge run in 2 parts, part 1 is teams of 3 competing for the reward which is...(whatever it is)

The team of three that wins the reward will then compete in an individual challenge for what's in my pocket, I'll reveal that part after we see which team wins. Worth playing for? Let's draw for teams and get started.

04-21-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
23. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-06 AT 06:34 PM (EST)

Sounds right, KO, and btw great work as usual figuring out the IC use of weights, etc..

Only part I might differ with you is "a bigger prize" rather than "what's in my pocket" -- but not that much difference. I think the reward will be something you can do via road trip because they always drive the car one way or another.

Maybe the car isn't even on Challenge Beach. ETA, it won't be described as a road trip in the first announcement, just as something great, feast and/or activity away from camp. Second round they will learn they're going by car.

As the teaser specifically says "reward challenge winners" I'm guessing there's no politics involved in who goes on the reward, the three win the right by challenge and then Terry is forced to let Courtney desecrate his new wheels. Hopefully she doesn't find anything dead and insist on transporting it for burial.

I'm thinking now that Aras gets exiled (spamming that thought on all threads to see if it make sense to others). That shot of Cirie and Shane looking pissed could be as Aras walks away. We don't have a shot of Aras between RC (in the water) and the IC, do we?

My thinking is that Aras' absence would be the catalyst to drive Cirie to become a new "leader."

04-21-06, 06:57 PM (EST)
25. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
My thinking is that Aras' absence would be the catalyst to drive Cirie to become a new "leader."

It also follows logically that Cirie would try to fish in order to eat.

04-21-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
28. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
So you think Cirie is exiled as payback by Terry? (Her exiling him was not too mean-spirited, she had no choice). After she won the "can't survive on her own" question, but Aras picked Terry as the right answer? (My first thought on exile was Cirie, but then I changed my mind)

See, I would expect Terry to put it to Aras again. If he wins round 2, as I expect he will, I would expect him to punish Aras for taunting him rather than trying to teach Cirie a lesson. Terry seems almost unable to recognize women as players and it doesn't seem like he would stoop to sticking it to Cirie when he has Aras to wear down prior to facing each other in the next IC.

Maybe Cirie tries fishing because it rankles with her that her tribe says she couldn't survive a day without them?

04-21-06, 07:55 PM (EST)
29. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
So you think Cirie is exiled as payback by Terry? (Her exiling him was not too mean-spirited, she had no choice). After she won the "can't survive on her own" question, but Aras picked Terry as the right answer? (My first thought on exile was Cirie, but then I changed my mind)

No, I am agreeing with you that because Aras is away in exile and Terry, Danielle, and Courtney are away having fun with the new car that leaves Shane and Cirie alone. Shane doesn't want to fish to feed the 300 pound Cirie so she takes matters into her own hands by fishing.

04-21-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
30. "RE: If not keys, then Jeff's credit card!"
LMAO
Ok, I thought you meant she has no one to feed her because she's exiled. Yeah, I could totally see Shane going on strike. After all, he has imaginary people to talk to now, why should he be the grunt for Cirie after she didn't pick him to go spa?

saucydiva 21 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-06, 02:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail saucydiva Click to send private message to saucydiva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "road trip"
In last week's vidcaps there was a shot of a manmade structure that looked like an old stone fort, and there was another vidcap of a cannonball blast with wrought iron bars. Maybe that's where the car winner and his team drive to, for a picnic or something?

I wonder if the structure in the background of the Cirie vs Monster pic is the same structure? Can't tell.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •