The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 10: Medical Emergency"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-14-06, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 10: Medical Emergency"
When a medical emergency sends one Survivor off for treatment, the other Survivors are left wondering what will happen next. Will this Survivor be forced to leave the game for good?

Honesty isn't always the best policy, but in the Reward Challenge it's the key to winning. Can the Survivors get along afterwards, or will some be too bitter to forgive and forget?

As the lone La Mina, Terry is without allies at camp. His only hope is that the bickering amongst the Casayas continues. Will the old Casaya tribe self-destruct, or will they set their emotions aside and stay focused on the game?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 10: ... Outfrontgirl 04-14-06 1
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 10: ... Karchita 04-14-06 7
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 10: ... vince3 04-14-06 2
   Honesty isn't always the best polic... Chez 04-14-06 3
       RE: Honesty isn't always the best p... KObrien_fan 04-14-06 4
           RE: Honesty isn't always the best p... Bebo 04-14-06 5
               RE: Honesty isn't always the best p... emydi 04-14-06 6
                   RE: Honesty isn't always the best p... Karchita 04-14-06 8
                       RE: Honesty isn't always the best p... Outfrontgirl 04-14-06 9
                           RE: Honesty isn't always the best p... Karchita 04-14-06 11
 Promo voiceover Misdirection Outfrontgirl 04-14-06 10
   RE: Promo voiceover Misdirection Flowerpower 04-15-06 12
 Press Release: Additional Misdirect... Outfrontgirl 04-15-06 13
   RE: Press Release: Additional Misdi... Outfrontgirl 04-15-06 14
       RE: Press Release: Additional Misdi... emydi 04-16-06 15
           RE: Press Release: Additional Misdi... michel 04-16-06 16
               RE: Press Release: Additional Misdi... emydi 04-16-06 17
                   RE: Press Release: Additional Misdi... Velcrohead 04-17-06 18
                       RE: Press Release: Additional Misdi... RudyRules 04-17-06 19
   RE: Press Release: Additional Misdi... Brownroach 04-18-06 20
       RE: Press Release: Additional Misdi... michel 04-18-06 21
           RE: Press Release: Additional Misdi... Brownroach 04-18-06 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-14-06, 03:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 10: Medical Emergency"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-06 AT 03:57 AM (EST)

When a medical emergency sends one Survivor off for treatment, the other Survivors are left wondering what will happen next. Will this Survivor be forced to leave the game for good?

Yep, bye bye Bruce.

Honesty isn't always the best policy, but in the Reward Challenge it's the key to winning. Can the Survivors get along afterwards, or will some be too bitter to forgive and forget?

No and yes. Picking who will be a bad sport out of this crew, as in will stand out head and shoulders over the other sour grapes folks ... for now, I'm at a loss.

As the lone La Mina, Terry is without allies at camp. His only hope is that the bickering amongst the Casayas continues. Will the old Casaya tribe self-destruct, or will they set their emotions aside and stay focused on the game?

Duh. Duh, especially after the immunity challenge. What choice do they have other than to self-destruct? Do you see any vulnerable La Mina's left. Nope, me neither.

Seriously, the promo shows Shane talking to Arse bragging he will turn the game around. Shane and Aras would be advised to kiss Terry's ass a little as if Casaya divides in half he's the swing vote. And with Bruce not coming back, the guys would need Terry to even hope for a tie. There are other ways the split could happen, but so far we've been shown gender as the great divide.

But it doesn't really matter because Bruce is not coming back and he'll be the only one exiting this week. Interesting to see if they even have an immunity challenge. I'm guessing not, so I hope it's a really entertaining Reward Challenge aftermath meltdown.

The stupider the establishment is, the smarter the rebels become.
Establishment stupidity is the greatest spur to creativity in evolutionary history ~ Robert Anton Wilson

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-14-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 10: Medical Emergency"
I believe Shane was bragging to Terry in the promo. Could Shane be aligning with Terry? Terry is going to start looking like an attractive F2 partner, especially to people like Shane and Courtney who would need someone with even fewer friends on the jury than they have.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 03:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 10: Medical Emergency"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-06 AT 03:13 AM (EST)

This is the Bruce exit we've been waiting impatiently for, it will be enough for the game but he will return for jury duty, eventually.

Ahhhhh, it's the dreaded "coconut chop challenge" When the Casayans realize how they feel about one another, the clock will tick down on the eventual implosion......

As stated above, the clock will be ticking for self-destruction, but Bruce's medical problems will suspend the clock, for this week at least.....

Because 3 Vinces are better than one.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-14-06, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Honesty isn't always the best policy"
"Honesty isn't always the best policy, but in the Reward Challenge it's the key to winning. Can the Survivors get along afterwards, or will some be too bitter to forgive and forget?"

I'm not sure I agree this will be the coconut chop challenge. How would that necessarily relate to "honesty being the key to winning"?

I think it is more likely this is the contest where contestants have to answer questions about each other privately, then make guesses in public as to who got the most number of votes for a given question. So a question such as "Who is the most annoying survivor?" would require the contestants to be honest when the challenge is taking place. This coud lead to bad feelings afterwards.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Honesty isn't always the best policy"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-06 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

I'm not sure I agree this will be the coconut chop challenge. How would that necessarily relate to "honesty being the key to winning"?

I think it is more likely this is the contest where contestants have to answer questions about each other privately, then make guesses in public as to who got the most number of votes for a given question. So a question such as "Who is the most annoying survivor?" would require the contestants to be honest when the challenge is taking place. This coud lead to bad feelings afterwards

That is exactly what the RC is Chez. If you answer the question correctly, you then get to chop the rope of any other survivor, three chops and they are out. This challenge will reveal exactly what the survivors think of each other "who is the laziest, who uses sex appeal as a strategy" etc, as well it will show a pecking order.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Honesty isn't always the best policy"
That challenge involves multiple ways where honesty could lead to problems...

- For some of these things, the person who gets the most votes on the question could be upset that the majority of the tribe thinks of him/her that way. Since 6 out of the 7 are Casaya, then that could give some folks valuable information about how they're seen by the rest of the group. Do their fellow alliance mates have a negative view of them? If so, that could lead to paranoia about whether they're the next to be voted out, as well as paranoia on how they would end up doing if they made it to F2.

- When Jeff asks the question, each person will give their answer on who got the most votes. Those answers will be quite revealing, since they could lead to personal grudges if a person's trying to get the question right. In the priavte part, people can hide what their answer was, but this public showing can open wounds. People who want to win the RC will give their honest answer here, while people who want to curry favor with their alliancemates will tank the challenge by naming themselves (or someone in their alliance less likely to be offended) to avoid admitting how they really feel.

- Then there are the chops themselves, where the pecking order and alliances can be revealed when people decide whose rope to chop. After all, this was the undoing of the alliance leaders on Marquesas.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Honesty isn't always the best policy"
yes this IS the best challenge...I wish they would have done this one when Sally was still here...would have been very interesting..

If it were me on Casaya, and the reward wasn't that great..I'd just answer Terry for all the negative ones...why open yourself up to "So you think I'm self-centered...." But saying that, I'm sure the real Casaya will try to win..after last nite, it's clear there's not a smart one in the bunch...

04-14-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Honesty isn't always the best policy"
Aras might be the only one to think rather than emote during that challenge. Cirie, too, has had moments of astuteness.

04-14-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Honesty isn't always the best policy"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-06 AT 05:00 PM (EST)

>>I believe Shane was bragging to Terry in the promo.

Karchita, I thought that too and even put that in my first post (and edited to change Terry to Aras).

I went back and watched end of episode preview in slo-mo and Shane is definitely whispering to Aras (who is to left of center) but then there's a quick edit to a shot of Terry eating and looking thoughtful. If you watch it at normal speed you can get the impression Shane's talking to Terry about turning the game.

ETA frame of Shane telling Aras he will turn the game:

04-14-06, 07:51 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Honesty isn't always the best policy"
Interesting ... thanks for catching that.

04-14-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
10. "Promo voiceover Misdirection"
Because I like to get all the verbal misdirection in one thread, copying over two voiceovers from promo thread.

But Shane isn't talking to Terry--he's talking to Arse, or talking up his arse, or both.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-06, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Promo voiceover Misdirection"
Aras = ARSE...LOL, OFG, I love it!

04-15-06, 09:33 PM (EST)
13. "Press Release: Additional Misdirection"
Found at TDT, cites the Futon Critic as text source:
Sections that give us some additional information are bolded.

(CBS press release):
"Medical Emergency -- One survivor suffers a medical emergency, on SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND, Thursday, April 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
When a medical emergency sends one survivor off the island for treatment, the others are left wondering whether or not the fallen castaway will recover and be able to return to the competition.

A brutally honest Reward Challenge, leaves one castaway particularly hurt by the outcome and another miffed that they weren't chosen to participate in the reward.

Can the castaways get along after the challenge or are some tribe members too bitter to forgive and forget? As the lone member of the former La Mina tribe, Terry finds himself without any allies at camp. His only hope is that the constant bickering between the others will continue, although he still has the opportunity to use the Hidden Immunity Idol he found while on Exile Island (which some tribe members doubt he actually has).

Tensions run high around camp when Shane questions the strength of his alliance and threatens to turn the game.

Will the tenth member of the tribe be voted out, or will the medical emergency force the ailing survivor to leave the game for good?"

The stupider the establishment is, the smarter the rebels become ~ Robert Anton Wilson

04-15-06, 09:58 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Press Release: Additional Misdirection"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-06 AT 10:03 PM (EST)

Brutally honest = they're all capable of it, but Aras and Shane have a track record of being insensitive. (Terry too, but I'm looking for something to increase divisiveness within Casaya).

Hurt = Danielle and Courtney have potential to be hurt. In the past, Danielle's feelings were hurt while it criticism bounced off Courtney, so I lean slightly towards Danielle. Shane could be hurt, I suppose. Shane could have any reaction.

Miffed = Most likely to be miffed about not being chosen, I would say Lydia, I mean Cirie. This season we've heard a lot from Cirie about wanting a reward, as with Lydia last time. Insider from last episode shows Aras has promised to take Cirie on a reward and perhaps Shane, depending on whether he feels he and Shane could both afford to be gone.

Aras seems unlikely to win this as Terry will target him first so he should start at a disadvantage, but who knows.

Does Danielle have a new top on, or is this old?
ETA, no, at MESS they found a pic from Ep 1 with the top, but she and it do look clean.

The stupider the establishment is, the smarter the rebels become.
Establishment stupidity is the greatest spur to creativity in evolutionary history ~ Robert Anton Wilson

04-16-06, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Press Release: Additional Misdirection"
I try not to use the "clean hair" spoiler anymore, I have always been wrong in the past. But saying that and reading the new press release, I could def. see Danielle winning this and taking Aras on reward ( he didn't get to eat last time), not Cirie or Courtney.

Then back at camp (with only Shane Courtney and Cirie --Terry on EI and Danielle and Aras on reward), Shane says to Courtney "don't take everything so personal" about the questions and Cirie is the miffed one as being second to last but not being picked to go. I don't see Aras winning this as Terry will focus on him and he'll be out.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Press Release: Additional Misdirection"
Terry could be out in the first round so he'd get only one chop. Aras could win as the team wants to reward him for suffering during the last episode. He could take Danielle to make up for sending her in exile. I first thought Cirie would win but the miffed person could very well be her. The hurt one should be Courtney. I think Aras and Shane have more respect for Danielle and could say meaner things about Courtney.

04-16-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Press Release: Additional Misdirection"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-06 AT 02:32 PM (EST)

I don't know, these aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, I could see Terry getting a 2nd chop because only 2 others got the first answer correct (or did so on purpose as to not "rock the boat--I could see Cirie or Aras doing this). But even if Terry only gets the one chop we see, I just see the 3 women going down male/female lines but then Danielle deciding to take Aras as a "thank you" for Ep. 9 and not Cirie as the 2nd place finisher. She does trust him and I know I'd take him, esp. if he gets to "clean up" sort of a Jerri/Colby part deux

Velcrohead 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-17-06, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Velcrohead Click to send private message to Velcrohead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Press Release: Additional Misdirection"
Because I like to put two and two together to make five when it comes to Survivor , the pic of a cleaned-up Danielle strongly suggests she ends up enjoying the reward. If she actually wins the challenge Courtney is indeed a good candidate to be miffed at not being selected. You could make a case for Aras, too, probably--I've always had this vibe there's some kind of relationship between the two that's being kept from the audience.

As regards the promo voiceover, I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but is it possible that Danielle's annoyance with Shane has nothing to do with events at the RC? Rather, could it be in the aftermath of the Bruce medivac instead?

Specifically, back in episode 6, at night in the Casaya camp, Shane was telling Danielle that Bruce should have been booted before Bobby because he was '58, nervous and falling apart'. And said it in front of him, no less. Remember also an earlier tribal council when Danielle stood up for Bruce when Aras was having a dig at him? My thinking is that the morning after Bruce is removed from the game, Shane says something insensitive and makes light of his illness--glad he's gone, Bruce couldn't hack it, one less person to worry about, and so forth--leading to Danielle's "what's wrong with you?" and Shane's subsequent "don't take everything so personal" response. This in turn reignites their earlier feuds and why, possibly, Shane looks to turn the game.

Just a thought.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-06, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Press Release: Additional Misdirection"
My thinking is that the morning after Bruce is removed from the game, Shane says something insensitive and makes light of his illness--glad he's gone, Bruce couldn't hack it, one less person to worry about, and so forth--leading to Danielle's "what's wrong with you?" and Shane's subsequent "don't take everything so personal" response. This in turn reignites their earlier feuds and why, possibly, Shane looks to turn the game.

Interesting thoughts!
Is Shane really THAT insensitive?

Simple equation:

M-(N+S)=Yes!

M=Madman, N=Nicotine, S=Son, Yes=Yes.
Rudy's Place

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Press Release: Additional Misdirection"
A brutally honest Reward Challenge, leaves one castaway particularly hurt by the outcome

I think Bruce is a strong possibility here. He's very prone to feeling that he's not getting proper respect.

Or are we guessing Bruce is evacuated before the RC because of the order of the items in the misdirection? The evac is at night so it's possible the RC precedes it.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-06, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Press Release: Additional Misdirection"
It seems a good guess that it happens the night immediately after last TC. Two cheeseburgers can do that! I don't think he competes in RC.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Press Release: Additional Misdirection"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-06 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

Yeah, probably. He's not in any camp shots at all.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •