The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-06, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

Do you believe in “THE POWER OF THE HIDDEN IDOL”?

First things first, no matter how powerful the idol is, you still have to follow our guidelines . This is the best place to assist in following Survivor. We want to keep it enjoyable for everyone!

A three week fast is hard to complete so maybe some of you missed the last episode. If you want to go back to it, I suggest you read the play-by-play of our east coast thread. Kathliam does a great job transcribing the action, and the posters give us their reactions to the events as they happen.

If you want a humorous view of the last episode, then the summary by the brilliant OutFrontGirl is a must read! The characters appear crazier than on your TV. This season, it’s no small task!

Now that you’ve gathered around, you will be happy to learn that this is the week of revelations. Yes finally, the title of the episode lets us know we will be witness to some powerful demontrations by the idol!

I think there may be some skeptics in the crowd. No matter what is your opinion on the power of the idol, you have to agree it has caused many discussions! Just to recall a few Samboohoo’s hidden idol thread had 105 messages. Most were on the Quest for the idol but many analyses were also carried out to see how it will be played.

Reading through it, it appears PepeLePew may not believe the idol has much power. He explained an easy way to negate the powers of the idol: “The Casayas could do it when there are 8 left. Let's say there are still 6 original Casayas and only 2 La Minas left. What they'd do is to split the vote -- 4 vote for Terry, 2 vote for the other La Mina, and presumably Terry and the other La Mina would vote for someone else. Terry would then be forced to cough up the II at that point to keep himself alive in the game.”

CBS has a secret weapon to keep the idol powerful. The cast is often not as smart as Pepe!

More recently ElroyJetson has revived the discussion about the idol and we see that Brownroach has cleverly found another way to influence future events: “It would be hilarious if all three of them were seen waving it around periodically. The Casayas wouldn't know which one was safe to vote for at TC.” That is the kind of thinking that is needed. We could rejoice in confounding the doubters.

Before we get to the weekly gathering presided by Jiffy, (it isn’t a very dignified name for the honoured role he plays but he’s under contract!) there are many perils our players must face.

To see how they are prepared to face their destiny we have Veruca Salt’s second editing thread that started with episode #6. She is a beacon to guide us through the detours the editors impose on the story. If you want more information on these characters, prepare rations for a few days and go to the original thread that covered the first 5 episode. It is linked here.

To get ready for this episode, Brownroach brought us the CBS web site clues. Along with Flowerpower’s web promo we learn a lot about the events.

At first we thought we had vidcaps of 2 challenges:

Terry is seen in the background with a shirt, then racing without a shirt.

But it appears Terry does a strip-tease in between elimination legs of the IC. A strip-tease! On Survivor?? Well… I recall Hatch and Jenna being awarded a million for stripping. We must uphold rituals and tradition. That’s not what happened, you say… Yes, I could be wrong. (Psst FP! If you have vidcaps of the girls doing the same as Terry… oh yes, guidelines!)

The misdirections tell us the RC is done in teams:

At the RC, one castaway demonstrates clever leadership skills and forges a win with a weaker group.

It should be teams of 3 but we see 2 players hugging:

Aras and Sally congratulating each other. But can a team with Aras and Sally be called weak? We don’t have much more information on the RC so we can’t rule out that it is the one in which Terry wrestles Aras.

And we know 2 people are exiled. We’re still unclear how it will come down. Mommamia pointed to this vidcap as our two who were shamed into exile only to form an unexpected bond:

Austin and Danielle on exile? Could Austin be converting Danielle to the side of the ones with the idol? It seems Danielle is the one proclaiming to be changing this game. Many young men have been lost to such a temptress! Why wouldn’t he stay true to such a beautiful idol?

The idol.

As far as the IC is concerned, the last leg seems to be a race to the finish between Sally and Terry. Austin seems to be trailing the other 2.

The final Leg? Sally jumps in first but is quickly caught by Terry.

The episode 8 preview brought to us by FP, (great job by FP and BR again this week. Thank you!) lets us know Terry is making a daring move with the idol. With its power, we believe Terry wins immunity. Can you doubt this?

Alas it appears that TDT has seen the future and declares Austin the next casualty. Terry is not spreading the word. He only sees the idol as a bribe, not understanding it’s full potential. Keeping it in his pocket to the end is great for him but it will mean another lame twist for us. We were looking forward to many more Quests for new idols to spread the word.

To recap: RC is run in teams (likely 3 x 3) and Aras and Sally are on the winning team.

Austin and Danielle are the best choice for exiled players.

Terry is once again given the beautiful immunity necklace to go with the HII. (The guy needs to accessorize)

Austin will be booted.

If you want to look ahead, we have some vidcaps for upcoming episodes that were so generously provided by CBS so that we could endure the 3 week fast. The medivac and the rope-cutting challenge aren’t happening this week, it seems. The wrestling match between Aras and Terry may also be coming later. We also have the episode 9 title that prepares us to fight for our lives.

If you want to keep tabs on source spoilers or want to know who is said to win in the end, we have Brownroach’s thread on the ChillOne’s spoiler.

We also have confirmation of S13 location brought to us by Outfrontgirl. It will be: Aitutaki in the South Pacific.

I believe this concludes the state of the spoiling. Don’t forget to vote in the thread SherpaDave will open. And if you are leading in your Survivor office pool (they still play against you!?) or in our Survivor games, I hope you will give thanks to the idol.

It has been fun to do this. Hope you’ve enjoyed it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling ... Brownroach 04-04-06 1
 RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling ... Flowerpower 04-04-06 2
 RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling ... KObrien_fan 04-04-06 3
 RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling ... dreamerbeliever 04-04-06 4
 RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling ... mll1717 04-05-06 5
 RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling ... emydi 04-05-06 6
 TERRY OFFERS HII coolbluepig 04-06-06 7
   RE: TERRY OFFERS HII Flowerpower 04-06-06 8
 RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling ... strid333 04-06-06 9
 RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling ... Outfrontgirl 04-06-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling Thread"
Awww, your maiden voyage SOTS. Yes, I enjoyed it.

You did a great job, michel! Hope you'll do more in the future.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling Thread"
WWWWOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! Great SOTS, michel! I really enjoyed it! You are amazing at whatever you put your 2 cents into! I enjoy all of your posts!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling Thread"
Congrats Michel on a first SOTS and a job well done indeed! Not only informative and funny, but fast too, what a combo

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-04-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling Thread"
Great SOTS michel! Maybe someday I'll have your courage to do one? Naw, I'm more of the Katie, Nick, or Shawn of the boards. I concentrate more on the arts & crafts, making a kitchen area, or a bowling alley, you know the unimportant meaningless stuff.

Way to step-up to the plate and knock a homerun like Matt Murton did for my Cubbies on opening day

mll1717 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mll1717 Click to send private message to mll1717 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling Thread"
Just wanted to say great job on the SOTS Michel, it contains everything any survivor fan would possibly want to know.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling Thread"
great sots michel, I knew you would hit one out of the park...thanks again for switching weeks with me

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-06-06, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "TERRY OFFERS HII"
ok...

i just saw sumthing earlier and i dont know where to put it so i'll juts put it here...

some of you may not believe me here since i have no vidcaps or such... so here it goes

i am from the philippines and here they show survivor at the network called STUDIO 23. Studio 23 kinda makes their own previous for survivor, i can tell due to the voiceover. in their preview for this episode they showed a clip, with subtitles i may add, TERRY saying to sum1 not seen "I WILL GIVE YOU THE IMMUNITY IDOL"

will give you a quick rundown of the preview base on my memory:

VO: sumthin this small
*shows clip of terry finding HII in EI*
VO: could shake things up
*shows castaways faces confused*
TERRY: (to sum1 not seen; with subtitles) "IWILL GIVE YOU THE IMMUNITY IDOL.."
VO: Survivor blah blah blah

this is true!!! believe me... you may not believe it since i have no vidcaps for truth but this is true this is what i saw!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TERRY OFFERS HII"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-06 AT 09:08 AM (EST)

Hi Cool Blue! They also showed this here in the states as well, check out the vidcap thread/Preview vidcaps here.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-06-06, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling Thread"
Great job on the SOTS!

Three is the perfect number.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S12 Ep.8 State of the Spoiling Thread"
Michel,
I just love your writing and sense of humor coupled with your sharp analytical skills. You should sign up to do an episode summary! I'd love to read it and thanks for mentioning mine!

>>CBS has a secret weapon to keep the idol powerful. The cast is often not as smart as Pepe!

LMAO and so true!

btw thanks too for the nod on Survivor 13 location ... and let me give the real credit due to Dan Bollinger, and also Wezzie. His maps keep getting better, so check 'em out folks!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •