The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SurvivorBlows Tribe, It's Time to Vote!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SurvivorBlows Tribe, It's Time to Vote!"
Well, now that George Mason is done destroying everyone's brackets, it's time to vote again.

The Rules

1. Please put the name of your choice for this week's bootees IN THE SUBJECT HEADING! This is really easy. Just erase the bit where it says "Re: SurvivorBlows Tribe, It's Time to Vote!" and replace with your vote, i.e., Aras. This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Oh, and btw... nicknames are tougher to tally unless they're REALLY obvious without actually reading your vote.

2. Reply ONLY to this post! Curves on women are good. Curves on vote threads are bad. The first part bears repeating: I like curves on women (which would explain why I haven't seen any episodes this season). Y'know, I'm not sure if I've been clear enough about this. Curves on women are really great things. Y'know what else is good? A nice MLT. Mutton, lettuce, and tomato with just a little bit of mayonnaise. Mmmmm.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

If it just so happens that you wanna change your vote for whatever reason, REPLY TO YOUR ORIGINAL POST! Your new post heading should read "VOTE CHANGE: Austin (or Whoever)". That said, there is not an exception to the fact that curves on women are good.

3. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD! DO NOT TREAT IT AS SUCH! There are plenty of places on the Spoilers Forum to debate the merits of people's arguments. Let's keep it out of here, please.

4. No sig pics! It was suggested that because this can be such a long thread, sig pics make it really hard to load for folks with dial-up connections. So show some respect to your slower brethren (and sistren). And really, if I can refrain from flashing the greens at 100 posters, surely you can refrain just this once from extolling IceCat's animated glory, no?

5. Have fun. That's an order.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Nick vince3 03-28-06 1
 Nick Myrla21 03-28-06 2
 Nick xwraith27 03-28-06 3
 Nick RudyRules 03-28-06 4
 HEY NICK... Round Robin 03-29-06 5
 Nick PenMike 03-29-06 6
 Nick michel 03-29-06 7
 Nick architecturegirl 03-29-06 8
 Nick JuniorTheorist 03-29-06 9
 Nick Owlster 03-29-06 10
 Austin Q 03-29-06 11
 George Mason Max Headroom 03-29-06 12
 Austin. Estee 03-29-06 13
 Nick sylvester 03-29-06 14
 Nick Dene 03-29-06 15
 Nick mommamia 03-29-06 16
 Austin Brownroach 03-29-06 17
   Austin littletown 03-29-06 18
 Austin Flowerpower 03-29-06 19
 Nick flipxcyd 03-29-06 20
 Nick strid333 03-29-06 21
 Austin Whole Lotta Rosie 03-30-06 22
 Shane dabo 03-30-06 23
 Nick Outfrontgirl 03-30-06 24
 Nick greg2557 03-30-06 25
 Nick redbeard103152 03-30-06 26
 NICK coolbluepig 03-30-06 27
 Austin Scarlett O Hara 03-30-06 28
 Austin Sonicbluebird 03-30-06 29
 Nick mookiemeister 03-30-06 30
 Austin... MDSkinner 03-30-06 31
 Nick Loree 03-30-06 32
 Nick Bravehart 03-30-06 33
 Nick kircon 03-30-06 34
 RE: NICK montanagirl 03-30-06 35
   RE: NICK ginger 03-30-06 36
 Nick whoami 03-30-06 37
 Nick King Will 03-30-06 38
 Nick AyaK 03-30-06 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-06, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Nick"
Mr. Invisible goes poof!

Myrla21 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-28-06, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Myrla21 Click to send private message to Myrla21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Nick"
I think it's Nick as well.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-28-06, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Nick"
I think Casaya'll be voting for the seemingly stronger opponent.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-06, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Nick"
That's what I've been thinking for the past three weeks... not ready to change my mind yet.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-29-06, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "HEY NICK..."
...it's time for you to go!

PenMike 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-06, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PenMike Click to send private message to PenMike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Nick"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-06 AT 05:48 PM (EST)

I can't even remember my reasoning, due to whatever happened with this George Mason thing, but I am sticking to my guns.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Nick"
He did nothing. Why would he know how to save himself now?

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-06, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Nick"
The Austin arguments have some valid points, but I'm sticking with my gut - its Nick.

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Nick"
Which is going to make me sad, as the beefcake quotient slowly fades away. All I've got left is Aras.

Owlster 49 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Owlster Click to send private message to Owlster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Nick"
I think the Casayas see his physical strength as an immunity challenge threat. They will get rid of him first.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-29-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Austin"
Its really just a coin flip IMO this week. Austin/Nick. They are interchangeable boots. And a fairly strong male always goes post merge/pre jury, so they are our two contenders, as no one will vote Terry, due to either II or the HiddenII fears. So its a toss up, and I just have to be me, so I am bucking the trend here. Either way, If Austin Goes, Nick is next (or after Bruce, as that is an unplanned boot due to injury), or if Nick goes, Austing is next (again, after Bruce).

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "George Mason"
My real pick is Nick.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Austin."
Has anyone seen Nick's story arc?

Has anyone seen Nick?

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-29-06, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Nick"
It's a coin flip between him and Austin. At least Austin has a personality, which may save him for another week.

When in doubt go with VS!

Dene 33 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dene Click to send private message to Dene Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Nick"
Eenie, meenie, minie, moe. Nick or Austin's time to go!

mommamia 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-29-06, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Nick"
cya!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Austin"
I’m basing my vote on tradition.

The preview that aired outside the US was a standard next-episode preview, as opposed to the one that hyped the recap and had a montage of future footage. Maybe the recap wasn’t shown in every territory, hence the two different previews.

Anyway, there’s never been a next-episode preview in which someone says “I’m toast” and then that person is actually toast in the next episode. Never never ever ever. So if Nick leaves, this would be a first in Survivor history.

On other counts it would be a coin flip between Nick and Austin, as Q said. Their joint story is ending this week with the merge; one of them just has to wait another week to get axed.

littletown 85 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littletown Click to send private message to littletown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Austin"
Nick says he is going home, which means he isn't.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Austin"
I'm going with BR and all of those "Austin" voters this week. My track record has been lousy this season, so what the heck! I hate going against Veruca and TDT, but when it comes down to it I really do feel like Austin fits the pre-merge boot much better than Nick. The 2 confessionals we have with Nick saying "I'm outta here", and then Austin looking eager to merge and how he can't wait to see if he'll be victorious.....these are just screaming misdirection to me, so we'll see. It's either Austin or Nick, take your pick!

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-06, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Nick"
Heads or tails, or because Nick's name is shorter than Austin? I'm bad at these predictions.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Nick"
Baaa

Whole Lotta Rosie 104 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to send private message to Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Austin"
Austin has been the pre-merge narrator this season, and they tend to go at this time. Plus, I just can't get past Dan's warning that Sally would turn. Irony dictates that Austin is the prime candidate as he was the one to choose Sally over RM.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Shane"
Best fits the post-recrap boot profile and he has a plan.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 04:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Nick"
I think Austin could be held in reserve as a possible valuable ally as the Casayas debate whether to shuffle. He has a connection to Aras and Sally and Sally has potential with Danielle/Courtney. While it appears nothing will come of the new alliance talk and a pagonging is in order, this episode the game is in flux and options may be preserved.

Nick is so straight arrow, so tall, so obvious a physical presence, I just don't feel that he'll work it at all and he's an easy easy boot. I think he'll clearly be perceived as one of Terry's boys, a hard core La Mina. Terry will be fighting to keep LM in the game, and it will not work, so I expect Casaya to target someone who really represents a vote for La Mina--and they can't vote Terry.

Austin and Sally could both be seen as possibly flipping because they are game players. I feel like if I had an agenda in that game that might include shaking things up I would think Austin could be worth keeping around while I figured it out.

Editing: VS's comments, they are very persuasive and have shaped my sense of Nick from the get-go, as did the lack of weight Jeff gave to Nick.

My own observation: they have fleshed out all the characters quite well this season, as if we are to know all the jurors, and we don't know so much about Nick.

With Terry, Austin, and Sally, we are very clear they have been playing the game, whereas with Nick we have been shown little game-playing but a lot of his regret over the boots: the RM boot, losing Dan--and he got a massage from Misty. He has been shown associated with the other pre-jury people and I feel that he's one of them.

That said, Flowerpower, Brownroach and others who pick Austin make good arguments that make sense, just that I have felt Nick would go early and I'm surprised he's still in it.

Re the Singapore preview: I'm not clear that other countries get misdirection promos. In some cultures the audience might be shown a "character" who is now in danger and they should tune in to see his fate. For example, if Survivor were ER, we would get a promo highlighting Nick's last shift in the ER and never think "OMG they're giving it away."

In Singapore they may treat the show more like a soap or drama and less like Agatha Christie. I don't know, but because I don't know I'm not going to let the Singapore preview convince me that Nick cannot be the boot just because it shows a teaser of what might be Nick's tragic end, his fatal mistake. LOL

greg2557 166 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greg2557 Click to send private message to greg2557 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Nick"
time to go

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-30-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Nick"
I think Robin will get the boot before Batman from this dynamic duo.

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-30-06, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "NICK"
hopefully...

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-30-06, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Austin"
Ditto what Brownroach, Flowerpower & Whole Lotta Rosie said! My gut is telling me it's Austin!

Sonicbluebird 60 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonicbluebird Click to send private message to Sonicbluebird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Austin"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-06 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

Perhaps the recap of him and Sally talking wasn't to advance her storyline, but to showcase his caring side and help fill out his story.

FWIW, I think that Sally is heading off to EI again. Poor Girl.

edited to add my EI pick

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Nick"

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-30-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Austin..."
see Brownroaches logic. It convinced me.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Nick"
He's just short of the jury.

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Nick"
Give TDT another shot.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-30-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Nick"
I'm so confused. BR you make a great point for Austin. OFG you make a great point for Nick. I will stick with my choice of 3 weeks ago. It's good to be back.
Thanks SherpaDave for hosting this fun and informative site.

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: NICK"
Austin or Nick? I agree, it's a toss up at this point.

BUT - I think this will come down to Sally...she will make the effort to get sweet sweet Austin a jury spot at least. Just like Steph did for BJ in Guatemala. Austin will go as soon as there isn't something getting in the way of his boot - like Terry not winning II and getting targeted or Bruce needing to leave for medical reasons.

-montanagirl

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: NICK"
ACME says Nick.
(I didn't see the "cross the board spoilers" thresd).

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Nick"
Maybe??

King Will 49 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20Will Click to send private message to King%20Will Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Nick"
Editing suggests he has no more story to tell, so unless Bruce bleeds out and has to be careflighted out...

King Will

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Nick"
If I'm going to be wrong, I might as well be wrong with the majority.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •