The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S12 Pointless Recap Episode East Coast Spoiler Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-15-06, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S12 Pointless Recap Episode East Coast Spoiler Thread."
Please keep all discussion of the boring previously-unaired scenelets on this thread until the West Coast has a chance to wonder why we're wasting our time. Thank you.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 and here I was gonna post... IceCat 03-15-06 1
   RE: and here I was gonna post... Estee 03-15-06 2
 Accurate spoiling. Estee 03-15-06 3
 RE: S12 Pointless Recap Episode Eas... kathliam 03-15-06 4
 Segment 1. Estee 03-15-06 5
 Sgement 2. Estee 03-15-06 6
 VS Editing thread is showing true Bravehart 03-15-06 7
 Segment 3. Estee 03-15-06 8
 Zzzzzzzz moonbaby 03-15-06 9
 Segment 4. Estee 03-15-06 10
   RE: Segment 4. Round Robin 03-16-06 11
       RE: Segment 4. Outfrontgirl 03-16-06 12
           RE: Segment 4. Flowerpower 03-16-06 13
               RE: Segment 4. Outfrontgirl 03-16-06 15
                   Agree AyaK 03-27-06 19
               RE: Segment 4. Brownroach 03-16-06 16
                   RE: Segment 4. emydi 03-17-06 17
 RE: S12 Pointless Recap Episode Eas... Loree 03-16-06 14
 Bump for Canadian Viewers IceCat 03-23-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "and here I was gonna post..."
... two unlocked East Coast threads in two days.

*sigh*

03-15-06, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: and here I was gonna post..."
Oops. Sorry -- I heard annoying music and figured you were skipping it too...

Subtitle is 'A Closer Look'. Gee. You mean we're about to see what's actually been happening, as opposed to what's been edited to happen? Wow. That's special.

03-15-06, 07:56 PM (EST)
3. "Accurate spoiling."
I'm almost certain I know who's gonna be voted out tonight.

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-15-06, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S12 Pointless Recap Episode East Coast Spoiler Thread."
I forgot this was a recarp episode. Woops. Guess I'll head over to 'Bones' and check in if anything new happens.

03-15-06, 08:08 PM (EST)
5. "Segment 1."
The younger women conduct a class on how not to open a coconut.

Tina finds oysters and tells no one. (They're still there...)

Bruce can't sleep and spends the night working out.

Jeff, as noted so many times, cannot acknowledged the existence of the 'to be' family of verbs.

The younger women quiz Misty about whether or not she found the mini-II. Every one of them believes she didn't find it, but thinks the others believe she did.

Bruce is afraid of an allergic reaction to something he's touched and uses his ration of water to wash his hands -- in the middle of a downpour. This makes Shane unhappy. The heavens shake with shock.

03-15-06, 08:21 PM (EST)
6. "Sgement 2."
Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored...

The younger women are so bored that on Day Four, they decide to learn a few songs in Spanish, all of which they make up on the spot.

Shane goes insane. Again.

Cirie masters her fear of leaves long enough to lick several of them. That's right: Casaya is a bunch of leaf-lickers. They're after the morning dew. Seriously.

Shane quits. Again.

Bobby and Danille argue about who should have done what in the ball-catching challenge. Cirie basks in the stupidity. Bobby realizes he's on the outside of the alliance and sees no reason to associate with anyone. Aras tries to lead a group scream to get the negativity out and looks like an idiot all over again.

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-15-06, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "VS Editing thread is showing true"
If you watch the editing on who we already think are the final 4, VS editing is hitting a home run.

03-15-06, 08:38 PM (EST)
8. "Segment 3."
I wonder what's on FOX right now?

Hey, Trey Parker and Matt Stone are on Letterman tonight! Maybe they'll talk about Chef's upcoming tragic death!

Oh, look -- more show. Whee... Shane goes insane. Again-again. Everyone's hungry at Casaya. Hungry, hungry, hungry, bored. Oh, look. They're eating snake. Someone should name an episode after that. Courney is getting spiritual about the healing and transformative properties of the snake. She wants everyone to honor the snake. The rest of the tribe wants to eat the snake. Courtney speaks a few words over the snake, and everyone eats the highly spiritual and transformative snake.

Shane misses his son. Shane wants to quit. Again-again-again. It's Boston's birthday. We find out Boston is 13, which is a surprise because Shane talks about him as if he's missing his son's first steps. Shane thinks he's the best dad in the world. This should force another near-miss by the lightning in a night or two. Casaya sings Happy Birthday to Boston.

In a never-before-seen scene, Bobby christens the new bathroom in detail. Hello, smellovision!

It turns out Sally comes from a really strict Christian family, she's divorced, and her family saw that as a sin and cut all ties with her. No family visit for Sally at the Reward challenge. (Kind of makes you wonder if they're even watching her on the show. Probably not.) She tells all of this to Austin, which might be part of why he tries to save her a few hours later.

Bobby plays dumb when Danielle and Cirie ask him to help with the fire. Cirie gets it. Danielle falls for it and decides Bobby's too stupid and lazy to build a fire, then sends him back to bed. Danielle says Bobby's a man and should be good at getting things going, but he didn't give her anything and then went back to sleep. The code translator explodes.

Is it three weeks from now yet?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Zzzzzzzz"
zzzzzz....snort...huh? Ooo American Idol is on now!

03-15-06, 08:49 PM (EST)
10. "Segment 4."
So alone. So alone...

Courtney divides the soap into boys and girls bars. Shane divides the bars into boys, girls, and lunatics. Oddly, he does not keep the lunatic soap for himself, giving it to Courtney instead. Courtney and Danielle wash each other. Bruce washes himself and covers the boys soap in black hairs. Shane claims the hairs.

Shane quits the alliance. Again-4. Alliances quit never succeed...?

Danielle is talking a lot.

Coming soon: bigger rewards. Bigger challenges. Shane goes crazy, and that's never happened before. And someone could be medivaced, possibly while wearing a straightjacket.

And then EPMB repeats that segment, just in case we didn't catch it two minutes ago.

I would like this past hour of my life back.

End of pointless recap.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-16-06, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Segment 4."
Some of these people are just TOO effin' weird. If I had to live with that bunch of wackos, I'd go bonkers in a New York minute. I think Cirie is the only sane one out of that whole damn Casaya tribe. If those were the only people in the game, she'd win easily.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-06, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Segment 4."
Oddly, these Casaya people are the only bunch of Survivor players ever where I feel like I've met them all and dealt with them in my past. Except for Danielle. Courtney, Shane, Bruce, Bobby, Aras, they feel completely like people I've known, as does Cirie.

I'm thinking it's a California thing. You guys really think these people are weird? To me they seem normal, unlike the incredibly straight people on La Mina. It's all a matter of what you're used to I guess.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-06, 06:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Segment 4."
After the recrap, it appeared that Shane, Courtney, Sally were featured the most. Cirie definately had the most confessionals I think, but they were all about everyone else. Nick was 100% absent...so much for being featured before your boot and hello being invisible before your boot!

I did think that perhaps the vidcaps we had gotten with the stretcher scene could be clips from the next half of the season, and not just from the next ep. BUT, Survivor has NEVER done this and they are certainly creatures of habit in some regards. I'm really perplexed regarding this, but at this time I think I'm leaning toward it happening in the next ep...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Segment 4."
Nick who?

I agree with all you said, Fp, including your perplexity. I would add that we were shown a key bit reshaping Aras' story. We had been allowed to think Casaya was in disarray and it was a miracle they won the challenges. Also Aras' opinion of himself as leader seemed unfounded.

Now we see they handed over challenge strategy to Aras and they brought out his basketball player abilities. He hadn't been showcased as a team sport person before. It's Aras strategizing that trumped Terry's. I think that was a big piece in the story of why Aras deserves to win.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Agree"
I missed the recap, so thanks for this thread. I had no idea that Aras was outthinking Terry on challenge strategy, which is why Casaya goes into the merge with the lead. I agree that this is intended to raise Aras' profile with the hard-core viewers (that's us).

No wonder he's so full of himself. And no wonder he goes to the end.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-06, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Segment 4."
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-06 AT 05:17 PM (EST)

Ack, my mouse is behaving badly today.

Yeah, it is unprecedented for them to show scenelets from episodes further down the line, but the press release for the recrap did say episodes, plural. And I do think that with the three weeks in between (and American Idol trouncing it in the ratings) they would try a different tack-- anything, really -- to keep viewers interested in coming back.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Segment 4."
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-06 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

I think for now, AI is just Tues 8-9:30(singing show) and Weds. at 9-9:30(results show) bc got to F12 indiv. comp.

Survivor will go up against That 70's show (last season) and the new show The Loop (which is pretty funny--I'll have to Tivo)

eta I know this post has nothing to do with wh/ the previews were for just Ep 8 or later eps. just wanted to let people know...I'm nice like that

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S12 Pointless Recap Episode East Coast Spoiler Thread."
At least I wasn't the only one that wasted an hour watching this. Partway into the show my screen went black for a minute and then it came back. After that all the subtitles were cut off on the bottom of the screen. I was checking all my channels that carried Survivor on satellite. Every channel seemed to be cutting off the bottom half of the subtitles. At least checking on that gave me something to do during the show.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Bump for Canadian Viewers"
Recrap of the Recrap is on tonight on Global...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •