The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SurvivorBlows Tribe, It's Time to Vote!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SurvivorBlows Tribe, It's Time to Vote!"
So last week they voted out the person who single-handedly won the reward challenge for the tribe, which is always a great idea, no? Will similar logic dicate this week? Fear the leaves!

The Rules

1. Please put the name of your choice for this week's bootees IN THE SUBJECT HEADING! This is really easy. Just erase the bit where it says "Re: SurvivorBlows Tribe, It's Time to Vote!" and replace with your vote, i.e., Aras. This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Oh, and btw... nicknames are tougher to tally unless they're REALLY obvious without actually reading your vote.

2. Reply ONLY to this post! Curves on women are good. Curves on vote threads are bad. The first part bears repeating: I like curves on women (which would explain why I haven't seen any episodes this season). Y'know, I'm not sure if I've been clear enough about this. Curves on women are really great things. Y'know what else is good? A nice MLT. Mutton, lettuce, and tomato with just a little bit of mayonnaise. Mmmmm.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

If it just so happens that you wanna change your vote for whatever reason, REPLY TO YOUR ORIGINAL POST! Your new post heading should read "VOTE CHANGE: Austin (or Whoever)". That said, there is not an exception to the fact that curves on women are good.

3. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD! DO NOT TREAT IT AS SUCH! There are plenty of places on the Spoilers Forum to debate the merits of people's arguments. Let's keep it out of here, please.

4. No sig pics! It was suggested that because this can be such a long thread, sig pics make it really hard to load for folks with dial-up connections. So show some respect to your slower brethren (and sistren). And really, if I can refrain from flashing the greens at 100 posters, surely you can refrain just this once from extolling IceCat's animated glory, no?

5. Have fun. That's an order.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Spaceman Dan, The Rocket Man. Estee 03-07-06 1
 Dan michel 03-07-06 2
 Dan Brownroach 03-07-06 3
 Nick tribephyl 03-07-06 4
 RocketDan strid333 03-07-06 5
 Dan King Will 03-07-06 6
 Dan Owlster 03-07-06 7
 Nick whoami 03-07-06 8
 Dan vince3 03-07-06 9
   Dan littletown 03-07-06 10
 Dan PenMike 03-07-06 11
 Dan djandy 03-07-06 12
 RocketDan dabo 03-08-06 13
 HEY DAN... Round Robin 03-08-06 14
 Dan xwraith27 03-08-06 15
 Dan Max Headroom 03-08-06 16
 Danny Boy RudyRules 03-08-06 17
 "Danny Boy" mll1717 03-08-06 18
 Dan JazzyJax 03-08-06 19
 Nick kingfish 03-08-06 20
 DAN emydi 03-08-06 21
 Dan Loree 03-08-06 22
 Nick Myrla21 03-08-06 23
 Dan greg2557 03-08-06 24
 Nick Whole Lotta Rosie 03-08-06 25
 Dan Scarlett O Hara 03-08-06 26
 Sally Bravehart 03-09-06 27
 Nick mmm_link 03-09-06 28
 Dan architecturegirl 03-09-06 29
 Danny Boy Dene 03-09-06 30
 Dan mookiemeister 03-09-06 31
 Dan? sylvester 03-09-06 32
 Dan redbeard103152 03-09-06 33
 DAN Flowerpower 03-09-06 34
 Dan MDSkinner 03-09-06 35
 Space Shuttle Astronaut Dan kircon 03-09-06 36
 RE: DAN montanagirl 03-09-06 37
 Shane knuckles487 03-09-06 38
 Vote tally J I M B O 03-09-06 39
   RE: Vote tally flower 03-09-06 40
   East Coast update forum is locked KoalaChick 03-09-06 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Spaceman Dan, The Rocket Man."
Because I can.

And this time, I really mean it.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Dan"
5,4,3,2,1...we have lift-off (this time!)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Dan"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-06 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

Since C1’s spoiler puts all the remaining Casayas on the jury, a La Mina must be leaving this week.

Conflicting tips to TDT notwithstanding, I’ve thought for awhile that Dan’s bond with Terry would come to an end before the tribes merge, as Terry must be directly connected to Dan’s departure. The “hint” in Ep 1 was too strong.

And to me their situation fits best with the misdirection blurb:

Having an alliance doesn't always guarantee safety, as a twist in the game leaves one tribe with a big decision to make and places one Survivor's fate in the in the hands of another.

An alliance *should* be providing safety to the person whose fate ends up in the hands of another, but apparently that safety is uncertain. Dan/Terry was the first alliance we were shown. Sally is still outside the boys club and should be next to go, but I expect that Sally will be immune thanks to Casaya, forcing Nick and Austin (and Sally assuming she is eligible to vote) to set their sights on Dan for the boot.

Terry will know of the plan and realize that he could save Dan by giving him the idol before tribal council. But we know from the Insider clips that Terry plans to save the idol as long as possible until *he* needs it, which is hopefully never. If Sally is not voting at TC, Terry may even have to choose whether or not to vote for Dan himself. A big decision.

Factor in that Dan is getting a bump in air time as per the previews, and I see Dan leaving the game this week.

ETA: While the blurb could also conceivably put Nick's fate in Austin's hands should Austin consider joining up with Dan and Terry, I don't really see that happening. If they are anticipating a merge, it is in the strong guys' best interest to dump a weak person now, so they can have shields for themselves later. I think Austin and Terry will both recognize this when they have their scheduled boot discussion.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Nick"
It isn't Dan. I can't prove it of course, but I know it isn't Dan (in my heart/mind/gut) that will be booted this week.
Therefore ... I must put Nick into the slot. As he is sick, presumptively strong and without immunity (or an ally).

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-07-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RocketDan"
He's a Rocketdan!

King Will 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-07-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20Will Click to send private message to King%20Will Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Dan"
Gut feeling as I have no time to examine this week.

KingW

Owlster 49 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Owlster Click to send private message to Owlster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Dan"
You're out of this world.

Image by FlamingText.com

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Nick"
Maybe I can not see it but I do not see any jump in face time for Dan. I think it will be Nick.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Dan"
His astronaut background will be revealed. If they focus on that a lot, he's blasting off! (again! (Copyright Team Rocket 1997-2006))

littletown 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-07-06, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littletown Click to send private message to littletown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Dan"
it's time for you to fly!

PenMike 95 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PenMike Click to send private message to PenMike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Dan"
His spacecraft has a diminishing orbit!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-07-06, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Dan"
The 3 young La Mina oust Dan 3-2.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RocketDan"
Coz he'd be the last one of them targetted by the other tribe if he made the merge.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "HEY DAN..."
...it's time for you to go!

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-06, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Dan"
Sayonara

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Dan"
I'm not totally convinced, but Dan is the weakest of the remaing La Minas and the smart stronger players should dump him before the merge. As we've seen many times before, stinking at individual challenges often enables a successful UTR strategy.

Since Dan won't be on the jury, Terry can join with his new (though forced) alliance-mates and show some solidarity. Unfortunately La Mina will arrive at the merge down 6-4 and ripe for pagonging.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Danny Boy"
Oh Danny Boy...
Sorry to see you go.

mll1717 74 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mll1717 Click to send private message to mll1717 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. ""Danny Boy""
You are truly "out of this world".....

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Dan"

baaaa

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Nick"
In one of the most successful Misdirection ploys ever, MB fools the entire spoiling community; it's really Nick and Austin's alliance that's in trouble, and the twist is Sally's exile. MB is catching on to spoiler tactics, and the emphasis on Dan in earlier episodes is a trip down MB's garden path.

Feeling vulnerable and paranoid due to lame efforts at past challenges, and having to deal with the suprise twist (to them) of Sally's exile, Austin deserts Nick to avoid the possibility of a tie vote and the associated risk of being the resultant puntee.

(Just to demonstrate that a scenario can be devised for just about any desired outcome)

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "DAN"
I'm with BR on this one...he said pretty much everything I would've said...

Although, moreso than BR (I think) my feeling is that Sally is the exile and she doesn't attend TC so Terry has Dan's fate in his hands. But that pesky FP has cast some doubt on this scenario for me....*grumble grumble*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Dan"
I just wonder if Terry will vote against him or not.

Myrla21 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Myrla21 Click to send private message to Myrla21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Nick"
This is the second time I'm trying to post. My apologies if this shows up twice.

greg2557 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-06, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greg2557 Click to send private message to greg2557 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Dan"
Time to takeoff.

Whole Lotta Rosie 104 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to send private message to Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Nick"
BR and the rest of this board, has done a stunning job of spoiling this episode. I browsed through most of the threads and the how the discussion led to the Dan boot choice was excellent. I am always amazed how well this board works together.

That being said I am going with Nick this episode. I have four reasons and they revolve more around me just being stubborn than any logic.

1. I just don’t see Nick lasting longer than Austin (this is based both on the editing and Nick’s challenge strength) and my gut tells me that Austin will be the first merge boot because he is a classic pre-merge narrator. If the merge happens normally, and that could be a big “if”, Austin goes next episode and as a result, Nick must go now.

2. Dan has more visibility than Nick. Dan has received many of the reaction shots during challenges that tend to point to some form of longevity. Nick has been invisible. This is the KISS argument.

3. I still tend to think that all four of the older men tribe will be reunited at the merge. This is only based on the first episode when the older men were being edited as more of an effective tribe.

4. Based on the RM boot episode I believe that Sally “flipping” will have an impact on either/both Austin’s or Dan’s boot(s). In either case this would be a post merge decision and even if it is this is Austin’s story, I think Dan will still be there.

Regardless, it is always more fun to be right in a minority than a majority.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-08-06, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Dan"
Dan is desserted by his tribe. Sally receives salvation when one of the Casaya's give her immunity.

Scarlett

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-06, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Sally"
It's her time if La Mina loses IC. Sorry guys, going against the grain. Of course I've been travelling so much in the past year I can't really keep up with all your great spoilers.
Keep up the great work so all of us lurkers may benefit!

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-09-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Nick"
He's an idiot.

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Dan"
Editing says so...

Dene 33 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dene Click to send private message to Dene Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Danny Boy"
Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, We loved you so.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Dan"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-06 AT 10:20 AM (EST)

I was going to vote for Shane because of his grating personality. But since so many people are voting for Dan, you guys probably saw something I missed. So I'll vote for him too.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Dan?"
I can't decide between Dan and Nick this week. I'll choose Dan for now, but very well may change my vote. Yes, the focus on Dan's astronaut background points to his boot, but I can't shake my feeling that Nick is the more likely to go logically.

I also think there is a seperate RC this week that we're not shown in the vidcaps. So, here's my picks:

RC: LaMina
Exilee: Aras
IC: Casaya
Boot: Dan (unless it's Nick )

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-09-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Dan"
Pack your bags.....Zero hour 9 PM. Thanks Elton for the little traveling music.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "DAN"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-06 AT 04:59 PM (EST)

RC: La Mina
Exilee: Shane
IC: Casaya.....they get to bestow immunity on one, Sally, and attend TC and even ask a few questions...boot is Dan, then they perhaps are told immediately after TC that they are now merged.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Dan"
and I am not even really sure why. We know he goes soon, so it may as well be now.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-06, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Space Shuttle Astronaut Dan"
No more updates from Space.com. Astronotes called Dan "a three-time Space Shuttle astronaut-turned-castaway Dan Barry and his "La Mina" teammates".

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: DAN"
It's either Nick or Dan.

Confessional analysis says it's either Dan or Sally.

Sally's not going anywhere. (except maybe to Casaya for some eats and then to Exile Island)

Dan Fuego - you may be on fire, but your torch is about to be snuffed.

-montanagirl

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Shane"

Never voted here before so I hope it's ok.

RC: La Mina
Exile: Shane
IC: La Mina
Boot: Shane

If there is only 1 challenge, Sally and Nick look too happy to have lost. I wouldn't think they would look like that just from seeing what the reward is. Going against the spoilers but the only thing placing Shane late in the game is the "visit with son" and that could fit someone else.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Vote tally"

(am i even allowed to post a tally?)

Through 38 votes:

Dan - 30
Nick - 6
Sally - 1
Shane - 1

flower 97 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower Click to send private message to flower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Vote tally"
The east coast spoiler update thread looks like it's locked, or something, or why isn't anybody posting updates??? I'm at work, I rely on you people!!!

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "East Coast update forum is locked"
Anybody know why?

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •