The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

Now here is something to chew on....thanks Survivor Fever!

On early review, it does look like the IC will be the tall grass running challenge and not the game board with the rolling balls down to a puzzle, as KO figured out. Also looks like Dan reveals that he's an astronaut, and someone from the winning tribe, or maybe all of them will go to the loser TC, and vote on someone to give immunity to(we all know it will most likely be Sally), and then one of our golden boys is toast...won't be Terry though, I'm sure!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Brownroach 03-03-06 1
 RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... emydi 03-03-06 2
   Dan Flowerpower 03-03-06 4
       RE: Dan Brownroach 03-03-06 10
           RE: Dan emydi 03-03-06 12
               RE: Dan Brownroach 03-03-06 15
                   RE: Dan emydi 03-03-06 17
               RE: TC like never before -- "flame ... Carnac The Adequate 03-03-06 24
   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... architecturegirl 03-03-06 21
 RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... emydi 03-03-06 3
 Casaya IC Victory... Flowerpower 03-03-06 5
   RE: Casaya IC Victory... KObrien_fan 03-03-06 6
       RE: Casaya IC Victory... Flowerpower 03-03-06 7
           RE: Casaya IC Victory... KObrien_fan 03-03-06 8
 Combined RC/IC Flowerpower 03-03-06 9
   RE: Combined RC/IC emydi 03-03-06 11
       RE: Combined RC/IC Flowerpower 03-03-06 13
           RE: Combined RC/IC emydi 03-03-06 14
               RE: Combined RC/IC michel 03-03-06 16
                   RE: Combined RC/IC emydi 03-03-06 18
                       RE: Combined RC/IC Brownroach 03-03-06 19
                           RE: Combined RC/IC emydi 03-03-06 23
   RE: Combined RC/IC Carnac The Adequate 03-03-06 22
 RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... nailbone 03-03-06 20
   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... tikigirlie 03-05-06 37
 RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Outfrontgirl 03-03-06 25
 RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Velcrohead 03-03-06 26
   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Flowerpower 03-03-06 27
       RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... michel 03-04-06 28
           RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Flowerpower 03-04-06 29
               RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... mommamia 03-04-06 30
                   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... michel 03-04-06 31
                       RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Brownroach 03-06-06 39
                           RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... emydi 03-06-06 40
                               RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Brownroach 03-06-06 43
                                   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... michel 03-06-06 45
                                   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... emydi 03-06-06 46
                                       RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Brownroach 03-06-06 47
                                           RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... architecturegirl 03-06-06 49
                                               RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Brownroach 03-06-06 50
                                                   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... architecturegirl 03-06-06 51
                                                       RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Flowerpower 03-06-06 52
                                                           RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Brownroach 03-06-06 53
           RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... emydi 03-04-06 32
               RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Flowerpower 03-05-06 33
 RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... sylvester 03-05-06 34
   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... michel 03-05-06 35
       RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... emydi 03-05-06 36
   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Brownroach 03-06-06 38
       RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... architecturegirl 03-06-06 41
           RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... emydi 03-06-06 42
           RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Brownroach 03-06-06 44
               RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... knuckles487 03-06-06 48
   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... shocom 03-07-06 54
       RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... michel 03-08-06 55
           RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Flowerpower 03-08-06 56
               RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Outfrontgirl 03-09-06 57
               RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Georgianna 03-09-06 58
                   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Misty365 03-09-06 59
                   RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and ... Flowerpower 03-09-06 67
 TWO challenges knuckles487 03-09-06 60
   RE: TWO challenges Brownroach 03-09-06 61
       RE: TWO challenges Fire Fly 03-09-06 63
           RE: TWO challenges Brownroach 03-09-06 64
   RE: TWO challenges Flowerpower 03-09-06 62
       RE: TWO challenges Fire Fly 03-09-06 65
   RE: TWO challenges saucydiva 03-09-06 66

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Well, we now have OFG theory caps of Dan.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"

Didn't Steph have LOSER pasted over her oobies too? F2?

Also the preview after show said

AND A TC like never before (I think it has to do with them messing with the LOSERS (ie the twist) and not just what happens at TC

I don't think that "messing" with the losers is just them giving immunity...it's been done now too many times.

I think Casaya (presumably) votes instead of La Mina on the boot. They think Terry may have idol so they go after next one in line... Nick, Dan?

I too noted that Dan is out there now for OFG theory now, BR

03-03-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Dan"
Yes, BR, you are right! And all of the:

VO: One castaway has a secret...
Nick: You've gotta be kidding me
VO: ....that's out of this world
Austin: Dan is a stud!

Yes, this is definately Dan's boot episode build up, imo....thankfully Austin may SURVIVE! Poor poor Dan though...

03-03-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dan"

("Boy, this is tough. Sally got immunity from the other tribe, and she and Nick and Austin want to vote for Dan. Dan wants to vote for Austin. I've had an alliance with Dan since day one and we promised to go to the end together. I could give him the idol from Exile Island and then Austin would go home. But then I won't have the idol later on when I might really need it. What to do...")

03-03-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Dan"
I think Sally will be at EI (picked by Casaya)and not even attend IC (maybe it's a 1 day ep)

and it's either 4 people (La Mina men) or 10 people (with Casaya)

If it's just La Mina maybe Terry forces a tie... and something diff occurs to break tie and Dan ends up on short end of stick?

If it's 10 and all of them vote...I don't see how they would vote Dan over Austin or Nick. Terry, I think they will want to but will not bc of hidden idol possibility. Or he ends up not having to use it bc of another fractured Casaya vote

Let's see if all 10 maybe it's another fractured vote bc of Casaya:

Dan: Austin
Terry:Austin
Nick: Dan
Austinan

Shane: Terry
Aras: Terry
Bruce: Nick
Cirie: Nick
Danielle: Dan
Courtney: Dan

and Dan goes 4-2-2-2 vote???

Or like BR says, Terry could just break his agreement with Dan and it's a 3-1 vote but how is that

A TC like never before

03-03-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Dan"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 02:54 PM (EST)

how is that A TC like never before

Didn't Austin say right before the Ruth Marie TC that that would be "a tribal council like no other?" That blurb could meaning anything or nothing, imo. I don't think it indicates any huge change in the format of TC. It could be talking about the emotional level: very tearful, very belligerent, whatever... Or it could mean there is genuine suspense about what will happen.

03-03-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Dan"
You're right about it meaning nothing, BR, it just seems to me that they would have used that line for Ep's 5 TC if it was that simple..but having said that, after thinking more, I do not think Casaya is at TC, they just send Sally away to EI and Terry must decide Dan's fate...

Does it end in a tie like in Palau when Angie was ousted? with Terry changing his vote? or tiebreaker like Steph/BJ and Ian/Jenn? or is that just Cirie/Danielle at F4

Carnac The Adequate 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-03-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to send private message to Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: TC like never before -- "flame out" ?"
During his TV Guide/pre-show analysis, didn't Jeff talk about this "really cool flame jet thing" that they were going to be using at Tribal Councils?

They haven't used anything like that yet, and in the psot-show CBS promo Thursday, they showed Jeff WAY up at the top of some kind of hill/elevation (I can't tell if that is just at the entrance to the TC cave or someplace inside) WHILE they were saying "like no other."

Such a dramatic positioning would be used for a major dramatic change to the way TC is handled -- like perhaps, instead of "snuffing" the torch of the departing player, they FLAME ON and roast it whole!

Since skulls are playing such a big role in this season, maybe they are playing on the "salt-and-burn" practice of "exorcising the spirits of the departed?"

Such a major show of fireworks would also be appropriate for having TC be the site of the merge. (Burning away the past separations and bringing the tribes together?)

Given the condition of the Casaya camp, this would seem like a good time to bring the tribes together and move them all to the LaMina camp!

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Didn't Steph have LOSER pasted over her oobies too? F2?

Yes she did! It was in the promo for the final episode...

Not exactly the same, but similar!

03-03-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"

Well could Shane be our Exilee? I know Shane's OUT THERE in how he acts and I know Aras said he'd like to go to EI in Ep 5 but OUT THERE could also have the double meaning of EI

The gals are having a pretty open discussion about cutting Shane stealthily--bc he's not there to hear?

Desertion= Shane...literally at EI and in game...from Aras' words, even his biggest ally is ready to see him go (I bet Shane did tell Aras of his 'throw away' vote, FP!!)

Salvation= Sally

03-03-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
5. "Casaya IC Victory..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

This is the face of a victorious player, if I ever saw one...

Casaya will win the IC...

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Casaya IC Victory..."
I dunno FP, he is carrying the piece above his head and trying to run fast, looks like a look of concentration to me.

03-03-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Casaya IC Victory..."
But look at the expression, to me it looks like he's probably got the last peice and knows that this will seal their WIN! He looks jubilant!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Casaya IC Victory..."
He goes from open mouth to gritting his teeth, to me it seems he realizes it is a close race.

03-03-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
9. "Combined RC/IC"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

Over at Sucks Mess Hall they were playing around with the idea that this may be a combined RC/IC because of the shot of the II behind Jiffy while pulling off the tarp...

Frankly, I'm in agreement....there is the same tall grass. I think this is an arial shot of the track up above...note the flags on the sides...

Then we have these caps of Shane and Terry running along their respective colored paths and they criss cross, just as KO said they would have to do...

Then, here's Nick running along the orange La Mina path, and you can see the path...

Definately, I think this is a combined RC(thus we see the reward being uncovered by Jiffy/IC(and we see the II there as well).
Wonder if they have this to allow more time for the ground breaking TC that will occur....I'm thinking the entire winning tribe(Casaya) will indeed attend TC...now will they all vote to grant one immunity, or will they vote off the next loser???

03-03-06, 02:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Combined RC/IC"
I like the idea of combines and the winners get to pick who goes to EI who will NOT attend TC and they pick Sally SALVATION AND DESERTION!!

Maybe Casaya (I too think they win FP) doesn't even attend TC, but if they do...it is bc they will vote too bc I think they have de facto given immunity to sally by sending her away to EI

03-03-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Combined RC/IC"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

Oh, I like it, emy! I love that it could be Sally that gets chosen to go to EI and thus would be saved and deserted all at the same time! Perhaps the challenge could be run as tribal, then after it's run, the winning tribe, Casaya, will pick their exilee, and then Jiffy may tell them alright, we've merged. We will have a little feast here, then you all go back together, and will all attend TC but the only one's you can vote for at TC are the losing old La Mina's! I know, I'm letting my imagination get away with me, but it's really a twist that's never happened before!

ETA: On second thought, going with the above theory, I could see the Casaya's picking AUSTIN to be exiled, not knowing what Jiffy has in store for them, and then Sally is in the group with the rest of the La Mina's, but we still know she won't be thier first target...Austin could be the one that's saved and deserted and perhaps he'll have the feast on EI?

03-03-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Combined RC/IC"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

TDT thinks Austin is eating worms on EI...but does La mina have these rocks too..I know Casaya does bc that is where Aras Bruce and Shane were gathering snails from a few eps ago.

Usually in the situations where one tribe affects the other, they know all the specifics...and if Jiffy tells them "You wanna know what you're playing for" he says, winners get this food, and gets to pick who will go to EI...and that person WILL NOT attend TC...no way Casaya would pick anyone but Sally. And Sally is clearly the one that this twist benefits...

After looking and thinking some more, I think it comes down to Terry and Casaya does not go to TC:

One tribe learns that having an alliance doesn't always guarantee one's safety when a twist in the game leaves the losing tribe with a big decision and the fate of one castaway left in the hands of another tribe mate.

ETA: For one person (terry)to control another's fate (dan) Austin cannot be at EI during TC, Sally does.

If it's Nick Sally Terry Dan...Sally is doomed (nick wanted to keep RM and will not do anything as bold as ousting Dan w/o Austin around to think it up and push for it)

If it's all 5 then Nick Austin Sally will bond (nick will go along with Austin) and oust Dan no matter what Terry does.

Therefore, the only way one person (terry) controls it is if it is the 4 men...Austin is there so Nick is on board to oust Dan and to pressure Terry...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Combined RC/IC"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

From the teasers and speculation thus far, I see Casaya winning the combined challenge(good catch on the idol hiding behind Jiffy!). Land challenges are their strenght (hey, that got me the right choice for last RC, I'll stick with it!).
They exile Sally. Only the 4 remaining La Mina vote but Casaya attends. Dan sees that an alliance is no guarantee of safety and his fate is left in Terry's hand as both Nick and Austin stick together.
As an added twist, the merge then happens right there before Sally returns from exile.

ETA: I'm sorry Emy as I repeat most of your post. I was writing at the same time.

03-03-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Combined RC/IC"
michel..I like the added twist of merging at TC (with Casaya just "observing" when everyone is there...a bit different then in S11 when they just showed up at camp...

If Sally is indeed gone, imagine her surprise when she returns to participate in RC in Ep6 and they all have new buffs!!

03-03-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Combined RC/IC"
If the Casayas are in attendance at TC why wouldn't they bring Sally back for TC too? Whether she gets to vote or not is in question but if they are going to merge immediately I think she would be there.

03-03-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Combined RC/IC"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

but title is

Salvation and Desertion

eta: DOH! Terry's desertion of Dan...

Carnac The Adequate 57 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to send private message to Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Combined RC/IC"
If you look at the top edge of the white area surrounding the "puzzle zone," just up and left of the "red" area, you can clearly see the tall grass framing the edge of the playing area.

The white flags, which we see in the other caps are substantially higher than the grass, must be used to help indicate course-width, to keep players on track in the grass.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
That'd be "Dan Fuego", BTW.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

tikigirlie 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tikigirlie Click to send private message to tikigirlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
who else loves austin's nicknames for people? we've got "dan fuego" (really where did that come from) and "superterry".

i'm waiting for "sally high-socks" or "no support cirie."

too bad he won't be around long enough after the merge to make up nicknames for shane or courtney.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Just posted thinking about this in the Misdirection thread, but want to inject TV Guide blurb into this conversation:

Those aren't jungles creatures screaming at night, but a disgruntled tribe member, who makes his or her unhappiness known all night long.

Meanwhile, over on the potentially morale-busting Exile island, a castaway experiences much more feast than famine.

The exilee probably gets a feast, maybe the contents of that basket. So Austin aka plankton-eater probably ain't there.

Velcrohead 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-03-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Velcrohead Click to send private message to Velcrohead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 06:06 PM (EST)

Hey guys

Just some random thoughts....

I don't see how Sally is the person banished to Exile Island if you tie in the spiel from the SeeBS Misdirection that:

For one castaway, being sent to Exile Island is a blessing rather than a curse.

....unless, of course, blessing is a hidden meaning for avoiding a TC vote. However, the winning tribe getting to mess with the losers implies something more negative than simply affording an individual immunity (which you could argue in a positive context).

The whole "Dan is a stud!" comment from Austin must relate to Dan having been an astronaut. From the pics, I'm guessing that Dan reveals this to Nick; hence the "you've gotta be kidding me" response and the 'out of this world' secret. In other words, something that has been made in the preview to be more intriguing than it actually is

ETA: having just read Outfrontgirl's tidbit, Sally might be a good candidate after all. Except why reward a member of the losing tribe at all? And then give that person immunity on top of a feast? Hell, under those circumstances, I might be tempted to throw the challenge there and then

03-03-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Hi Velcrohead! Welcome to Blows, great points regarding Sally....why would the loser who gets exiled get special treatment? Hope you will stick around and contribute more!

03-04-06, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
We know from the promo that "the winners of this challenge get more than immunity. They get to mess with the losers". If there is a combined RC/IC, no one will have been to exile island before this point of episode #6. After a tribe has won immunity, (Casaya) Jeff tells them that they will pick someone from the other tribe to go to exile but that person will not attend the TC. They get to mess with the losers by getting rid of a possible swing vote or alliance partner.

This twist is good because you don't make the decision on the same premise as before. You don't want Terry to have immunity. You mess with La Mina by chosing Sally as she is evidently the swing vote and someone Casaya doesn't need to see eliminated. Exile is both a salvation and a blessing for Sally.

As soon as she leaves, Jeff tells them the 4 La Mina will go to TC but that Casaya will mess with them again being in attendance. This will be a TC like never before. After the votes all 9 remaining players merge and wait to announce the news to Sally who is still in exile.

03-04-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Sounds plausible, michel! I wonder if this is a one, two, or three day cycle, and how would that effect the calendar that we have so far, having already had one 2 day cycle...?

mommamia 114 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
If Sally is sent to EI and given immunity why couldn't she still attend TC? Then if Casaya is there to observe and the merge is announced everyone would be together for it.

03-04-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
It's just an idea I have. It reminds me of the tribal shuffle in Guatemala when returning from pic-nic we had great visuals and comments from the surprised Gary and Amy on one side and Judd and Margaret on the other. It would unsettle Sally a bit, wondering if she missed out on any alliance talks.

03-06-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
I tend to think she will be at TC also. Though I hesitate to disagree with you since you got the EP 2 exile twist exactly right.

03-06-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
But then how does Terry (or whomever) have the fate of another in his hands? see my post 36 below

Handcrafted by RollDdice

03-06-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-06 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

Regarding that, it doesn't matter whether Sally votes at TC, the way I am envisioning it. Terry will find out that Nick and Austin want to vote out Dan. Dan will want to vote out either Nick or Austin, assuming Sally is immune.

If Sally can vote, Dan will be screwed unless Terry gives him the II. If Sally can't vote, it will go to a tiebreaker unless Terry gives Dan the II, or unless Terry votes for Dan in round one or on a revote. Either way, Terry will pretty much have control over what happens to Dan.

03-06-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-06 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

BR, your arguments have always been sound. You have been right so often that I say my option is only a guess. It fits the teasers but teasers don't always fit the episode.

Giving Dan the idol would be quite a move on Terry's part. Especially merging 6-4, he knows he'll need all the help he can get. Wasn't the pact between them, not to lie to each other? I don't think they said F2. Could Nick's comment of hollow rationalization for Ruth's boot apply also to Dan's boot? I remember Veruca saying it sounded funny that Nick only mentioned Terry as Austin had made the proposal to boot Ruth.

03-06-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
If Sally is at TC, it really isn't that big of a deal the 3 younguns vote dan..and I guess I'm looking at more of a troublesome decision for Terry (esp. bc of vidcap you hilited above). Giving up the hidden idol is highly unlikey...and I don't think Terry will even consider this and it won't even be mentioned...he knows he'll need it post merge. BUT actually being the deciding vote that OUSTS Dan that is much more "fateful" and I think fits into the editing of Dan/Terry thus far.

Hey, maybe Terry pulls a Shane and votes for Austin (Dan votes Nick and Austin and Nick vote Dan) Could he rationalize that?

03-06-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Giving up the hidden idol is highly unlikey...and I don't think Terry will even consider this and it won't even be mentioned...he knows he'll need it post merge. BUT actually being the deciding vote that OUSTS Dan that is much more "fateful" and I think fits into the editing of Dan/Terry thus far.

You might be right, emy. I don't think Terry would seriously consider giving Dan the II, even if the idea occurred to him. So the bigger decision would be whether or not to vote for Dan himself.

If Sally is at TC, I think she would get to cast a vote, so maybe she does stay on EI through the TC proceedings.

03-06-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
I just dont see Terry giving up the idol for anyone, let alone Dan - who come the merge will be an obviously weaker player, and thus less of a target than himself. Terry has to know he's going to have a huge target on himself come the merge and the first immunity challenge he loses he's likely to need it. Plus if he turns on Dan at this point, its not like he'd be a bitter person on the jury. Giving Dan the idol would be thinking in the moment as opposed to down the road for Terry, he'd be shooting himself in the foot.
You want to use the idol when its going to result in someone from the other tribe going home rather than someone in your own tribe.

03-06-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Well, TDT seems to think Terry might use the idol for himself this week (also see emydi's post #32 below). But he was also told that Dan would be leaving this week by the source that gave him Ruth Marie and Bobby as the last two boots. I can't get that to add up.

On the one hand, Terry using the idol would fit with the "a Tribal Council like no other" teaser, but I can't see how Dan would be booted as a result. Unless Nick/Austin/(Sally if applicable) vote for Terry, Dan votes for let's say Nick, and Terry for some reason votes for Dan; Terry reveals the idol and there is a tiebreaker between Nick and Dan that results in Dan leaving. That scenario seems *extremely* unlikely.

Terry using the idol for himself this week also doesn't seem to fit with the blurb that one survivor's fate is in the hands of another.

But TDT's source told him that Terry would be using the idol soon. If he has to use it in the first or second post-merge ep, it would seem that one of the Casayas should be an earlier exit. Based on C1, it could conceivably be Courtney but why wouldn't Shane or Aras (at least one of them wouldn't be immune) be the first target?

So Terry using the idol early post-merge presents a problem, but him using it this week doesn't make sense either, unless Dan is not the boot.

Oh well, more to chew on...

03-06-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Well, we're getting a lot of conflicting info, or seemingly conflicting at least. We're supposed to have a merge early in the episode, according to one source, but we have what is obviously a tribe oriented combined challenge. That doesnt sound like a merge early in the episode to me. It looks like Austin is on EI, but Sally makes more sense as the person being "saved". Terry is supposedly using the idol tonight, or soon?, yet that doesnt make sense - especially with him lasting so long, etc.
Perhaps if the truth of the matter is that he uses it soon, rather than tonight, this is what happens:
TC goes as we have speculated and Dan goes home, but Terry does not give him the immunity idol. IF the merge doesnt happen early, but happens at the normal time and La Mina ends up at TC YET again next episode - perhaps they try to vote Terry out and he uses it then and Nick goes home? That would qualify as him using it "soon" I guess.
I just dont think he uses it in either though. I think he uses it later. I bet he brings it into play though, perhaps threatens to use it now, or something like that in trying to get the vote to go the way he wants it to.. Using it as a bartering chip might not be a bad idea.
Either way, several things are just not adding up between the spoilers. Some of them have to be wrong.

03-06-06, 05:33 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Regarding Terry using the hidden II for this ep....just don't see it. However, once merged and if he doesn't win one immunity challenge...that's when he'll use it....remember that Casaya has a majority alliance in place, yet 4 people received votes. I don't think that Shane or Aras(one of the stronger members of Casaya) would necessarily go when all of the votes are so divided between the Casaya's. They all seem to be trying to exert control and failing.

Also, I don't think that we should discount the fact that just because we don't see an RC challenge in the vidcaps that there isn't one....I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was indeed a traditional RC, one with food perhaps. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Austin as the exilee, to be returned at IC....and for all we know it could be one of the Casaya's that ends up feasting on EI.

03-06-06, 05:57 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
I don't think that Shane or Aras(one of the stronger members of Casaya) would necessarily go when all of the votes are so divided between the Casaya's.

Fp, what I meant was, if Terry uses the II post-merge a Casaya should leave because the LaMinas will have voted for the Casaya. It would be more plausible for Nick/Austin/Terry/probably Bruce/maybe Sally to have voted for Aras or Shane, not Courtney.

03-04-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
michel I agree with this 100%

It's Salvation and Desertion for Sally (as I think she doesn't find out until ep 7 of merge and the boot as she is the only one not at tc)

also, I think the desertion has a double meaning of Terry deserting Dan...either up front in first vote or after one tie like Steph did with Angie in S10. of just that dan loses the tiebreaker...but I really think Terry has the fate of Dan in his hands and uses it to unfortunately oust him

Then Casaya and the three La Mina men are told of the merge and Sally is over on EI until ep. 7

TDT seems to think Terry may use his idol here as Nick and Austin and Sally (presumably she attends) say "hey the merge is coming we should just get rid of him now or smoke out the idol...however, that would be awfully risky for Austin/Nick/Sally bc if he does have it, one of them is gone as the 2nd highest vote getter. So I really don't think that is the case. Instead it's only the four men of La Mina and and Dan is gone at hands of Terry. Esp. bc of the title.

did you see who TDT is citing now for ideas? I follow in wonderful FP's footsteps...I'm such a DAW!!

03-05-06, 09:16 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
I do agree that Sally will receive "Salvation" while Dan will be "Deserted"...now I do have reservations regarding who is exiled.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-05-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
I agree completely that Dan is toast this week, simply because his story is going to be finished. His only story is that he has a secret, being an astronaut. It comes out this week, and goodbye Dan.

What I'm having a really hard time with is getting to the Dan boot. If LM knows they're merging, it just doesn't make sense to get rid of Dan. He is not a merge boot kind of guy.

If Casaya gets to vote also, they would have to try to get rid of Terry I'd think. If he's got the idol, force his hand and make him use it now. That's certainly what I would do.

Is it possible Casaya is told of the merge before TC, and LM is not? Could that be the 'messing with' the losers? That's the only way I can see Dan going I think, whether Casaya gets to vote or not.

If LM thinks there is no merge, Terry could agree to desert Dan and side with Nick/Austin to vote out the weakest member. Assuming Sally is immune anyway.

Then if Casaya votes too, and votes Terry, he uses the idol and Dan's 3 votes from LM send him packing. Or if it's just LM voting, they still send him packing.

I don't know, just thinking out loud here. I just can't see Dan going if LM knows there is a merge.

03-05-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
I think Sally isn't at TC but in exile. If I'm wrong and she is at TC, Austin, Nick and Sally stick together merge or not. Ruth says she thinks everyone knows Terry has the idol. With 3 votes it's impossible to spread them so they vote Dan instead.

If I'm right, it's still Nick and Austin sticking together and forcing Terry's desertion of Dan as the teaser suggests.

Another reason to target Dan is that the original La Mina are the only complete tribe left.

03-05-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
I wrote about the same thing too michel...but then I lost my post Ugh

I do not think La Mina or Casaya know of merge..it happens at end of TC like in S11 but everyone is there but Sally at EI. Casaya does not vote...the messing with them is by sending one away who does not participate in TC. I have no doubt the women and Shane (and even Aras, Bruce who knows?) will know they have to pick Sally to get rid of one of the guys.

I am cognizant of the rocks Austin is on but I don't see him needing "salvation" at least not this week and I don't see how else the exile is picked bc it we think it is a RC/IC combined. I don't see Austin's plankton as "FEAST."

What else could be under the cover...except food..I think Sally gets it and gets exiled and everyone else goes to TC. Sally gets her "Salvation and Desertion"

Also if Sally were at TC--no problem the 3 younguns vote out Dan and no one person has fate of another in his hands.

If Austin is on EI and does not participate in TC, I do not think Nick would go out on his own like this and Sally would go..Nick has no real game play and needs his Sgt. Austin to lead him down the primrose path. If he is not, Dan and Terry will work on Nick and Sally would be gone and we all know now she is the "blond hilites girl" out at F7

Rather, it's the 4 guys and Austin convinces Nick easily to vote Dan (keeping with same strategy--keep the strong, he does not know when the merge will happen) and he works on Terry...

I think BR is correct with his post above with vc of Terry looking worried...he's the one who has Dan's fate in his hands. He either votes for him in first voting or does in 2nd after tie...and thus Terry the military man "deserts" Dan.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

03-06-06, 10:47 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
What I'm having a really hard time with is getting to the Dan boot. If LM knows they're merging, it just doesn't make sense to get rid of Dan. He is not a merge boot kind of guy.

Whether La Minas knows they are merging before TC or not, what they do know is that they are in a minority. Getting rid of a strong player right before the merge makes sense if your tribe has a majority, but not necessarily if your tribe is en route to a pagonging. In that event you can be pretty sure the weakest person will be kept around the longest post-merge. Since La Mina consists mostly of strongish players now, it's in the best interest of most of their members to maximize their own longevity by getting rid of the weakest person. At least that's the way I see it.

03-06-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
I agree BR, and I can see this as the only rationale that Terry would have for getting rid of Dan. If he gets rid of one of the young guys, then there are fewer "strong" player targets other than himself. Also, no longer being part of a duo could make him less threatening than one of the younger guys. If Dan is going this episode, then Sally has to not be an option I think.

03-06-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Right bc Sally is on EI and not at TC

Handcrafted by RollDdice

03-06-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Also, no longer being part of a duo could make him less threatening

That's a good point too, architecturegirl -- if Terry starts thinking that he'll have to infiltrate Casaya alliances post-merge, it's better not to be bringing the baggage of an old alliance with him.

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"

I'm having a little trouble accepting some of the theories being proposed this week, but given that I am 0 - 859 that shouldn't surprise anyone. Some of the ideas may be close, but the reasons being used to get there don't seem to add up. So here I am again tossing out some other ideas if for no other reason than to offer alternatives.

I keep thinking about the spoiler that says one tribe doesn't eat for 10 days and the other for 12, or whatever the numbers were. Since Casaya got a food reward last week, it would seem to reason that La Mina would be in line for some food this week. The trouble with that is that if this week is indeed a combined RC/IC, LM would have to win and Casaya vote someone out. That doesn't seem likely so how about this. The web promo says the winners get to "mess" with the losers. "Mess" in military terms is an amount of food served to a group, and the verb means to take a meal in a military mess. Maybe the reward is a bunch of military MRE's and the winners get to visit and eat with the losers while sharing the food. This could also be a strategic move to gather information if the winners were told that they will be able to send someone to the losers TC and grant immunity to one person. This would also fit with one survivor having their fate placed in the hands of another.

As for "desertion", it doesn't feel like it fits to say that Terry would be deserting Dan by not giving him the HII if he were the target this week. I would think the desertion would have to stand out a little clearer and more obvious than something like that. If the winning tribe were to select someone to attend the losers TC, and give them specific instructions on who to grant immunity to, maybe something happens that causes that person to make an early jump and give it to someone different. For instance, Casaya could choose Shane to go to TC and tell him to give immunity to either Austin or Nick, or I suppose even Sally. On his way there, or after listening to the TC, he decides that he has had enough of his "crazy" alliance (even though he is their posterboy) and deserts them by granting immunity to Dan since they were on the original LM tribe together. LM would probably not know anything ahead of time about the extra immunity and it would trash whatever plans they had before. Now having to vote without benefit of a conference, they have to pick a new target on the fly. This could cause Sally to be voted out although it would most likely be Nick. The same scenario could be said for Aras, Danielle, or just about anyone who might sit in on the TC. Maybe they decide on their own to go against their tribes wishes.

I agree the salvation is probably the feeling the person exiled has about their situation if it removes them from a troubled predicament such as a quarreling tribe, but that doesn't fit with the situation on LM. It sounds more like the way Aras or Bruce would look at it based on the last episode but that would mean LM would have to win the combined RC/IC. That would also mean that someone from Casaya would be voted out this time and we know that isn't supposed to happen. So maybe in this instance salvation means something other than what we are thinking....like maybe one of the tribe members from dysfunction junction extracts themselves from the alliance they can't seem to stand, and they feel like they have salvaged theirself and bettered their position somehow. Perhaps by choosing someone unexpected for immunity at TC and thinking that they will be able to join in the alliance with them at the merge.

The way my head works sometimes you'd swear I was drunk all the time but I promise, I haven't had a drop. Ok, so now have at it and set me back on the proper way of thinking.

shocom 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shocom Click to send private message to shocom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
This is my first post ever..I have been lurking for a couple seasons now. First off let me say Thanks for everyone that does this, its awesome to read...second I want to know if its possible for Terry to actually be exiled then the youngun could vote Dan off...everyone seems to think Dan is going this week and if Terry is exiled then that would happnen more smoothly. I dont know, I'm just learning here

03-08-06, 08:07 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-06 AT 08:08 AM (EST)

Hi Shocom, and welcome!
It is indeed something we haven't talked much about and anything is possible. However, speaking for myself, if Casaya knows that they are giving immunity to the person they are exiling, they wouldn't want to grant it to Terry. On the off chance it could get him booted or at least create tension, they'd want Terry at TC. Exiling Dan may be considered in order to deprive Terry of an ally. But then being banished isn't a desertion.
The salvation seems to apply so well to Sally's story, that I think it is why people see her with immunity. Either with the necklace at TC or because of an overnight stay on EI.

03-08-06, 08:55 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Welcome Shocom, hope you'll keep posting! Well, while I'm feeling that Sally is going to receive some kind of salvation, I do not think that she will be the exiled one. I don't think that the Casaya's will get the luxury of knowing that the exilee may miss TC...I could be wrong though. I am also not convinced that the exilee will miss TC. So Terry could be a viable exilee, but would Casaya give him three chances to find the hidden idol, they may want to change their strategy just a bit. For all we know there could be a traditional RC this ep as well, yet we have seen no hint of another challenge and indeed there seems to be a reward as well at the IC. Something is definately up with the traditional episode this week.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
>>>would Casaya give him three chances to find the hidden idol, they may want to change their strategy just a bit.

My dear Flowerpower, you are attributing LOGIC to Casaya's decisions!

Quote from Bobby's Survivor Live interview, on Shane:

"He's consistently crazy. We can always count on him doing the thing that makes the least sense. Figure out what makes sense. That's one thing that will not be happening."

Could this statement be a spoiler for the post-merge game?

I'm not convinced Sally is exiled either, because unless they GIVE her a feast I think she would be relatively uncomfortable and hungry on EI. No one but Terry can thrive in that place without assistance. But I do think Casaya would give Sally immunity, as we were pointedly shown the shocked looks from the Casaya women when they saw that La Mina booted another woman and there are only 4 females left in the game after 5 TC's.

I don't see why immunity can't be conferred at TC after the exiled person returns.

Maybe the tribal council like no other is one where the merge happens AT tribal council with both tribes present. Casaya gives Sally immunity, the vote goes down, Dan's torch is snuffed, and Jeff says, hey guys, you're not leaving just yet. I have buffs and you're all going back together ... but to which camp? Have some wine and cheese, set a spell, pick a name ...

Seriously, if he even hands out new buffs that will be a TC first as in S11 only one tribe was present.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-09-06, 03:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-06 AT 04:09 AM (EST)

Something is definately up with the traditional episode this week.

FP,

You know, were it not for the spoiler that tells us that all six of the remaining members of Casaya are in the Final Nine ...

The happiness on Sally's face and (behind her) Nick's simultaneous body language (first surprise and then bowed head) could just as well be reactions to a La Mina victory (delight and gratitude) as they might be an expression of relief and reprieve in the first instance and consternation and resignation in the second.

And then we might be thinking a bit more about the men of La Mina's assessment of Shane as a physical threat, Aras' assessment of the state of the miscreant’s (un)welcome at Casaya and his (Shane's) much-publicized need of "salvation" and/or "blessing".

Note: the current wording on the CBS site is "blessing rather than curse" and not "feast rather than famine".

So that we might be inclined to think that, no matter which tribe (the defeated Casaya or the victorious La Mina) was granted the privilege of his selection, Shane could well be Episode Six's Exile.

And then we might consider the possibility that CBS' choice of a word - "Desertion" - with military connotations as the second element of this Episode's title was, indeed, more (mis)direction than direction in the sense that it immediately conjures visions of La Mina rather than Casaya but more direction than (mis)direction in the sense that the common military usages of the word (as opposed to the common usages of the less-martial "Betrayal") describe the abandonment of either troops or their leader by the other or the quit of the effort (the battle, the war, the oath) by an individual.

And then, considering that the Exiled and/or Neutralized and/or Repatriated and/or Reassigned might well be Shane rather than Sally, we might see all of the "twist" scenarios in quite a different (and a lot more interesting) light.

Heck! We might even begin to seriously consider the possibility that a Casaya other than Shane keeps everyone up all night. Now, that would be refreshing! And, if that should happen, and if the night terror should happen to be Aras, the rant would probably be monumentally entertaining. No puny Sagittarian temper tantrum can come close to inspiring the shock and awe occasioned by the tirade of a thoroughly peeved Libra.

Or, if there were not the spoiler that Sally is a member of the Final Nine, would we be quite so sure that Commander Solo doesn’t save Dan Skywalker and the Alliance from the evil machinations of the Blonde Side? After all (remembering that the audience’s dominant demographics are probably well to the East of LA and well to the North and South of 19-something), isn’t Terry going to have to do something a tad more spectacular than win a measly seven Immunity Challenges in a row to qualify as the second of this Season’s All-Time Most Popular Survivors?

Then, too:

In #32 and #33 of your VidCap thread, I think that (by looking directly to the right of the torch/flame) one can see the curve of a bare shoulder and beneath it the bug-bitten/rash-covered Caucasian forearm of the torch’s owner. And the “snuffer” being employed is the one designed for Exile Island. And if it is, indeed, a shoulder that we see, then the Boot simply isn’t tall enough to be Aras, Nick or Dan.

Now, the picture could be a recycled shot of RuthMarie’s or Melinda’s or Tina’s departure. I can’t find Tribal Council shots for either Episode One or Two at the CBS site. However, RuthMarie was and Misty was not bare-shouldered when she left.

But, if the picture is of Episode Six’s ritual, then – because in every TC shot of them that I can locate Austin, Bruce, Shane and Terry are wearing shirts with elbow- length (or longer) sleeves – I think that it is also highly doubtful that it is a depiction of the demise of any one of the short male Survivors. And I think that because I think that men tend to be, in their devotion to a single suit of formal attire if in nothing else, amazingly constant …

All of which would narrow this Episode’s Boot candidates to a field of three: Sally, Courtney and Danielle. And, in my admittedly very narrow little world, the field would shrink to one: Sally.

Were it not for the "ifs”. And for the "spoilers".

But then, they are what make the Show and the Forum so much fun, aren't they ...

Artist: Cheryl Lee

Misty365 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-09-06, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Misty365 Click to send private message to Misty365 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
1st time posting so bear with me! When you look at vidcaps #32 & #33 you can just barely see a green ballcap like Sally wears. But...you cannot see her hair anywhere around the ballcap. Could this be a "fake" picture?

03-09-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Web Promo, Ep 6, Salvation and Desertion"
Georgiana, THRILLED to see you in these parts as always, and I think that you are getting the hang of this vidcap thing! Well done to you! While I am inclined to believe that the shots of the LaMina's with the happy Sally and Nick are indeed shots of their reaction to whatever is hiding underneath Jiffy's tarp. BUT...

So that we might be inclined to think that, no matter which tribe (the defeated Casaya or the victorious La Mina) was granted the privilege of his selection, Shane could well be Episode Six's Exile.

I say, right-o! Indeed I do believe there will be 2 challenges this ep and I'm very inclined to see Shane as the number one candidate for exilee du jour!

Unfortunately, I am not able to see anything in the caps of 32 and 33 but Jiffy's arm from the elbow up to his hand, snuffing a lone torch...sorry.

I came to the conclusion regarding Dan as boot when the vidcaps came out and we hear Nick and Austin talking about what a stud Dan Feugo is....he's receiving his time in the limelight, his feature, so now he can go home....his story was that he was indeed an astronaut!

But I LOVE that you are trying to figure these things out! Keep up the GREAT work!

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "TWO challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-06 AT 11:49 AM (EST)

I have yet to be right about anything so why should I start now. Keeping that in mind, I have convinced myself that I have found proof of two separate challenges. I think they may be similar in background and scenery, but I think there are two. Bear with me while I try to logically put this forth.

First, Casaya in front of a black banner........

Then, in front of a purple banner........

I know the banner could just be a trick of lighting or maybe intentional colorization, but then we have this......

Bruce, then Shane, then Danielle.....

Notice that Bruce and Danielle are both wearing hats, but in the first set of pics above, they are not wearing them in the pics during the challenge that is shown. More about the hats in a minute.

In this series of pictures, Sally looks pretty happy and Nick has a big smile..........

I would think that if we had a combined challenge and La Mina lost, Sally would not look that happy because she would have to know that she would be an obvious target for boot. It can't be misread as a look of anguish or any emotion associated with having lost a close race because of the big smile Nick has. It looks more like LM has just won something. Perhaps the reward challenge. I keep thinking about the spoiler that says one tribe didn't eat for 10 days and the other didn't eat for 12 days. If it is true, Casaya won food last week so that would make it La Minas turn to eat this time. That would also mean that a Casaya would be going to Exile Island.

Also, the background in those three pictures looks the same as the background in the Casaya picture where hats are being worn.

Ok, back to the hats. Look at the first set of pics I posted. Bruce has no visible buff on his head under the hat, but in the pictures of casaya during the challenge, he has his buff on his head and pulled down to just above his eyes. Also, look at the positions Casaya is standing in as related to each other. Courtney is also there at the moment.

Now, I can buy the fact that maybe that is just before the challenge and they haven't picked Courtney to sit out yet. I can also buy the fact that maybe they sit Courtney (since she clearly isn't in the challenge being shown), they move to their starting positions, and are now standing in new spots in relation to each other. I can also buy the possibility that Danielle took her hat off in preparation to do some running, and that Bruce removed his hat for the same reason and then placed his buff on his head. That could all make sense.

But the thing that gets me is the shirt Shane is wearing. Bruce is standing next to someone wearing a dirty white shirt......look at the picture right above again.

And we know that it is Shane he is next to because of this picture......

Bruce on the left, Shane, then Danielle. But look closely at Shanes shirt. He is wearing his dirty white shirt ON TOP of his olive colored shirt. Now look at the picture of Shane during the challenge..........

In these two pictures, you can tell that he is wearing his olive colored shirt ON TOP of the dirty white one.

While I might believe the other things about changing positions, removing hats and putting on buffs, I WILL NOT believe that Shane took off both shirts and switched them before the challenge started.

All this makes me believe there are two challenges and we are not being shown one of them for some reason. I also think that LM will win the reward challenge and get some food, and a Casaya will be going to EI. I also think that it will be Aras or Shane going because that could be salvation for either of them, getting away from the other nut jobs. Which one is it? I don't know.

I also think it is possible that LM wins the immunity challenge and that Shane goes, although it could just as well be Aras leaving. According to the spoilers, there was no name associated with either of them in the end game, just descriptions, and those could fit a couple people. Shane was placed late in the game because of the family reward spoiler that says a "small" man receives a visit from his son and people figured Shane was the one that it fit. Aras is figured as F2 apparently because he was one of the first contestants spoiled, and it seems a lot of people like him and are trying to get him to the end, but his description could be a couple others as well.

Having now written a small book, I do feel though that it will be a La Mina going home this week, but there is still that possibility that it is a Casaya simply because we are not being shown something on purpose.

One more thing before I forget.

I think we are supposed to believe that all these pics are Courtney and Danielle discussing Shane, but they are from two different times and discussions.

In the first one, that is obviously Courtney and Danielle talking to each other. In the second picture, Danielle is speaking to someone but it is from a different time. In the second pic, her belt is hanging down in front of her right leg, and if it is there in the first picture, it is in a different spot. She might be talking to Courtney this time also, but it could be someone different as well.

In the third picture, Courtney is wearing a red shirt that has sleeves, and in the first pic, she is wearing a red top with no sleeves. These pics could be showing three completely different conversations, but it is at least TWO different ones, and not all one conversation as the pics try to make us think.

My apologies for such a long post.

ETA: had to fix spelling error

03-09-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
61. "RE: TWO challenges"
Nice analysis, knuckles, but -- two things:

Shane is not wearing two shirts in the running caps. His olive drab tee-shirt has off-white trim on the collar and sleeves:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor12/pgall.php?id=9&ep=03

Second, the fish-shaped object hanging hehind Bruce corresponds to the object that Nick is carrying through the grass.

I think KOFan's sequence for the challenge has it right.

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: TWO challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-06 AT 01:20 PM (EST)

But in the closeup shot of Shane (not running), it looks to me like he is wearing two shirts. Either it is from another challenge, or he took the top one off before running. That would leave the olive green one we see him running in.

and Knuckles....I am also leaning toward some of these VC's being from another challenge

03-09-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
64. "RE: TWO challenges"
But in the closeup shot of Shane (not running), it looks to me like he is wearing two shirts

He is. I was just pointing out that they aren't switched around when he's running; he could have simply removed the top one.

03-09-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
62. "RE: TWO challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-06 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

knuckles, WELL DONE! I love it that you try and figure these things out. Unfortunately, I'm in the group that tends to think all of the challenge shots this week are from just one challenge. I do think Shane has just removed the dirty white shirt and is just wearing the olive shirt with the lighter trim on the neck and sleeves. BUT, I am heavily leaning toward 2 challenges this ep....I may be way off, admittedly. I also think La Mina will win the RC and send someone from Casaya to EI.

I also noted, as you have, that the 2 conversations with Danielle and Courtney are from 2 different times, one in the AM with Shane present, and then another conversation later regarding booting him and chopping off his head, obviously when Shane is no where around....

WELL DONE, knuckles, keep up the great work!

fp

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: TWO challenges"
I was just looking at some VC's from previous episodes and I did note that Shane arrived at a challenge with two shirts on (white on top), but the top white one was off showing the olive green one during the challenge. So he has a history of arriving wearing two and competing wearing one. So this week's VC's could well be all from one challenge.

saucydiva 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-09-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail saucydiva Click to send private message to saucydiva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: TWO challenges"
Shane's "dirty white shirt" has long sleeves and maybe a hood. You can see it in caps 23-24 from ep 5, as he and Aras survey the flooded camp. (Sorry, I haven't figured out how to bring pix from elsewhere) He just took it off to reveal the olive tshirt underneath, he didn't switch them.

Also, I'm not so sure that Nick is smiling behind Sally. To me it looks like he is grimacing and hanging his head in disappointment. He could be giving a prayer of thanks, I suppose...Maybe Sally has been chosen as the exilee, and Jeff then announces that she'll get food there, just to screw with everyone else's heads. I wouldn't put it past him.

FP, if you now think we are only being shown one of the TWO challenges this ep, isn't it unusual that we see the II behind him as Jeff unveils something (seems like a reward)? What else could be under that cloth, that would be appropriate with an immunity challenge? Is there a precedent for that?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •