The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-06, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 06:21 AM (EST)

As always, thank-you Survivor Fever...

First GUT reaction to this is that Sally and La Mina will find salvation with the RC reward of FOOD.....now the question is, should I stick with it or no???

In caps 4 and 5, what is that rectangular box thing hanging up behind Courtney? I bet our KOFan can figure out the challenge game in caps 20, 21!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps Fire Fly 03-03-06 1
 RE: Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps KObrien_fan 03-03-06 2
   KO is the QUEEN! Flowerpower 03-03-06 3
       RE: KO is the QUEEN! KObrien_fan 03-03-06 4
   RE: Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps KObrien_fan 03-03-06 6
       how does this challenge play out? saucydiva 03-04-06 7
           IC/RC combined KObrien_fan 03-04-06 8
 OFG Theory Flowerpower 03-03-06 5
 RE: Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps saucydiva 03-08-06 9
 RE: Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps mll1717 03-08-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-03-06, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 00:55 AM (EST)

'a big twist could mean a salvation for one'

A 'twist' in that one 'person' rather than one tribe wins? Someone from the starving La Mina's and it is their salvation...maybe with the option to share?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps"
The box hanging up behind Courtney looks like the box their fish came in, maybe they tied it up in the tree to keep the pests on the ground from out of the box.

In caps 4 and 5, what is that rectangular box thing hanging up behind Courtney? I bet our KOFan can figure out the challenge game in caps 20, 21!

Sounds like FP is throwing down the gauntlet, I accept

I slightly enlarged the pictures and added text to show my points:

OK, as far as which challenge this is, I haven't even thought about that yet. There are 2 people, 1 from each tribe at each of the starting mats. The lanes are marked purple for Casaya and orange for La Mina. Each person will have to roll skulls or coconuts or some object down their colored track and get them to the grids on the other side. The tracks split, first all 8 split down to 4, then the 4 split into 2, then the 2 split back into 4 on the way to that final grid.

Now since only 4 from each tribe are the skull rollers, I imagine their must be 1 other at the grid end that must then place them in the grid, 9 total for each team. Or is the 5th person just sitting in a chair above the grid as a caller to instruct the people which spot to put the skull in?

But are they numbered skulls and is this a magic square puzzle at the very end?

If that is the case then this challenge is going to be a whole lot of fun to watch! The numbered skulls would have to be laid out in an exact sequence to get the magic square to work. This challenge is both physical (getting the skulls down that track to the grid) and then very mental (figuring out the placement).

Aras might be a good candidate for the chair for Casaya, Terry or Dan would be a good candidate for the chair for La Mina.

Of course, I could be way off here

03-03-06, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "KO is the QUEEN!"
KO, you just never cease to AMAZE!!! When I saw this challenge, I knew that you would crack it in no time! Too bad La Mina doesn't have you on their tribe, just glad you are on ours! I'm hoping that it's the magic square puzzle as you suggest! Tell you the truth I think I may give this challenge an edge to La Mina....of course they are seriously starving and that does indeed affect your thought processes! I bet this challenge goes with the covered reward table that Jiffy is disclosing...

03-03-06, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: KO is the QUEEN!"
Something bothers me about this track though, it looks like La Mina has a built in advantage over Casaya, did MB do this intentionally to produce exactly the outcome he wants?

The purple track converges quicker than the orange tracks in two places, when it goes from 4 to 2 initially and when it splits back out. That means Casaya members would have to wait a little longer for the tribe member to get out of the way whereas La Mina could run their people side by side for a longer period. Strange.

03-03-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps"
After looking at this some more, I think the caps have jiggled and there really aren't as many lanes as it appeared at first. If you look at the overhead shot it is strictly 4 lanes into 2 and whoever gets there first then keeps going while the others have to wait their turn (like in Africa when the tribes paths crossed several times).

The first four lanes are not colored. So it could be two Casaya on each of the top two mats and two La Mina on each of the bottom two mats (since those lanes funnel into the colored lanes).

It could be that 2 from each tribe start on the course all at the same time, the first to the switching lanes get a slight advantage as the others have to wait. Once a tribe gets 9 marked or colored skulls to the puzzle grid, then they can start solving the puzzle. The 5th member of the tribe could be the director, or maybe they can start placing the skulls in the grid once they get them.

saucydiva 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-04-06, 04:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail saucydiva Click to send private message to saucydiva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "how does this challenge play out?"
Ok, so from the new set of vidcaps in another thread (I'd bring some over but I don't know how, I'm new here) we have more info about how this challenge is set up physically, but I'm still very confused about the gameplay of it.

We now suspect that it's a combined RC/IC because the II is visible behind Probst as he dramatically unveils what is presumably the reward covered with a cloth.

The overhead shot of the course must be from a great height because in the ground level shots we see that the grass is quite tall. It's a long course! And the players appear to run flat-out, unencumbered in one direction and carrying large cutout skulls in the other direction.

In several caps we see Shane running with his tribemates Danielle, Bruce, Cirie and Aras in the background, so at this point (start?) they are all grouped in one place instead of distributed among the four small white clearings on the left as previously postulated, and Courtney seems to be sitting this one out to even up the numbers. So is the tribe standing on or near one of the small white squares or near the large white area at the other end? Jeff's reward table is on grass/mud but I think we see a patch of white ground not too far in front of it. Can the flags help us figure this out?

We see Nick (muscles in a red tank top?) on the course carrying a white skull-shaped cutout piece, which is either going to or came from the large orange square at the right end of the course... We see Aras carrying a purple cutout piece that could be a skull shape too (in one cap we see a toothy projection) so apparently the cutout pieces are white/skull on one side and team colors/squiggles on the other, and they are arranged face down in the large square. Do they all look the same on the skull side? If the pieces start out here in the grid, is there some reason we have to flip the colored pieces over to reveal a good or bad piece when a runner gets there?

Which end do we start at, anyway? If we are starting at the four-end and running to retrieve pieces from the two-end, why four?? That four-end might have a maze-like quality associated with it, like you choose a path and get all the way there and check something, and if you chose wrong you lose significant time because you have to run back to where the paths converge and choose another path?

I'm perplexed.

For a while I was thinking that the overhead shot is of the completed game, and the runners start on that end, run to one of the four white areas which I thought might be sandboxes, dig to uncover one of their tribe's puzzle pieces, and then carry it to the square end...when all nine pieces have been brought to the big square, you turn them over and put them in some type of order based on the squiggly designs painted on the colored side... but now I think the four white squares do not look like big enough sandboxes to conceal that many big puzzle pieces, and again, why four? Why not nine, if nine skulls must be found (sure looks that way in the large orange and purple squares)...

Thoughts? Anybody?

saucydiva

03-04-06, 11:03 AM (EST)
8. "IC/RC combined"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-06 AT 06:15 AM (EST)

OK, we have enough views of this challenge now to have a better idea how it all fits together.

First, as FP said in the web promo thread, this appears to be a combined RC/IC as evidence of the skull II is right behind Jeff's right shoulder as he is pulling the cover off the reward:

Note that he is not standing on a mat, and has nothing but grass behind him, tall grass like the stuff we see them running in later. He is also wearing his purple shirt, a hat, his necklace, and long white pants, same clothing as we see him in the other challenge caps.

The place they are standing when Jeff tells them about the challenge and shows them the reward is different than the starting place. Note that Bruce has one or more of those skull placards hanging up behind him, he has his buff on under his hat. In the next cap, Danielle has her red Boston Red Sox hat on. Shane has his buff on his head the same as during the challenge:

La Mina has a lot of white hanging in the background too, as Sally reacts to something Jeff just told them, also Nick has his mouth open as though saying "what" or "wow":

Going back to our overhead shot, I think the skull placards are hanging up on each of the 4 white mats, Casaya placards on one side of a pole, and La Mina placards on the other side. The paths to the 4 white mats are dark neutral colors, they are no longer orange or purple, therefore they are shared paths. I also am thinking that the end that has the orange and purple grids is now the start and finish of the race:

At the start of the race, the racers Shane and Terry are not carrying placards, so they are on a race to go retrieve them. Also note that the background is the Casaya flag and the green grass, no white background, no placards. In this sequence we can see that Jeff is closer to the Casaya start, he is also standing next to the II and what looks like the end table the reward is on. Bruce no longer is wearing his hat, and neither is Danielle, Courtney is the sit out for Casaya:

Shane and Terry appear to be running parallel with each other (which would again mean they have started at the colored grid end of the course) before they both angle toward each other for a little physical action at the first intersection.

Now they have each moved on to the opposite path:

Nick with a placard, running along the orange La Mina lane:

In this sequence of Aras hitting the course, you can see that he is in the same position to Jeff as Shane was earlier, so most likely Jeff doesn't run up and down the course to follow each runner because he doesn't need to, they will be retrieving the pieces and coming back to the same place. He is also mouthing something that looks like "lets go".

Aras has a placard and is now heading back to the others:

FP speculated that in the sequence of Aras in these shots he looked like he had a victory look on his face, but I think it is a look of concentration, especially because I think that once all the pieces are retrieved, they will need to use the grid and solve some sort of puzzle with the pieces. If the challenge were just run down and retrieve the placards and bring them back, then why the 3 x 3 grid? Also, combining reward and immunity should have a challenge that combines strength, speed, endurance, and mental skills IMO. That's not to say that I don't think Casaya will win this challenge.

Now the question is, what kind of puzzle is the grid with the placards and who wins this?

03-03-06, 09:08 AM (EST)
5. "OFG Theory"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 09:37 AM (EST)

For Casaya: Courtney, Shane, Bruce, or Danielle....but will they go to TC???

For La Mina: Sally, Austin

This really scares me for Austin...as I don't think Sally is going anywhere! NO DAN ANYWHERE???

ETA: Also, the red flag for exilee was raised for me big time, when I saw the pics of Austin alone finding that little minnow....I know it's not definitive, but the red flag is waving...

saucydiva 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-08-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail saucydiva Click to send private message to saucydiva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps"
Any ideas about the diagonal line seen behind Austin's head in caps 13-15? To me it looks like a rope that is tethering something tall on the cliff above him, like maybe something to do with the big flagpole atop the EI skull? Do we have visual confirmation of anything like that elsewhere?

I can't imagine what it could be in the context of La Mina beach either...

saucydiva

mll1717 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-08-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mll1717 Click to send private message to mll1717 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 6 Preview Vidcaps"
Just noticed vid caps 31 - 33 and remembered reading something on another board regarding flame/fire. It is the Web Promo, Ep 6 post #24 by Carnac.......Does anyone think that may be the "really cool flame jet thing"? Does look like they are at TC so it should be a very interesting episode and TC.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •