The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S12 - State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-06, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S12 - State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-06 AT 09:28 AM (EST)

Survivor Panama – Exile Island

Episode 5
“For Cod's Sake”
aka: "For the Lvoe of Cod"

Come on in guys! Another week at Exile Island and what do we get? (No, not another day older and deeper in debt- while that may be the case that isn't what I meant.) We get the State of the Spoiling, and let me tell you something is fishy this week! After Bob Dawg took a carp in the outhouse, almost as if it was his own private little deuce coop (you all know what I mean), it was smelt all the way to La Mina, yeah it was a roughy. Regardless, I know we all saw his storyline developing and if VerucaSalt has taught us about the editing, things don't bode well for Bdawg, we know that eel get his.

SeeBS Misdirection

Outfrontgirl brings us the thread and is a major contributor to the theories inside:

#1) Winning the Reward Challenge ends up being a raw deal for one tribe.

This has been looked at from a couple of different angles, and if you are an avid angler like most of us around here, you'll take the bait.

First off, it looks like the reward winners might go home with raw fish and booze. If it is Casaya, we also know their camp gets flooded ala Saboga. So if they can't get a fire, the reward is a real "raw deal". If it is La Mina, even though they can get fire and cook the fish, the play on words of it being raw to begin with is enough for SeeBS to tease with.

Another viewpoint was saying that this could refer to the reward Casaya got last episode, and the raw deal is referring to raw sewage instead.

#2) A couple of Survivors secretly bond when they selfishly share one of the Reward prizes and anger their tribemates.

and the TV Guide teaser of:

A reward challenge breeds resentment, not solidarity, within the winning tribe, when two of its members take more than their fair share of the prize. Hey, all's fair in love, war and jungle survival.

This is another teaser that has been looked at from two sides. If it applies to LaMina the speculation is that Austin and Nick overindulge in the booze portion of the reward by taking more then their share. But with Austin being so christian the question is, would he sneak off with more than his share just for the halibut?

It could also apply to Sally and Nick (or Sally and Austin) as she takes him aside for some booze, alliance building, and a moray (yes, that is italian for lvoe ).

If however this applies to Casaya, then Shane has shown his ability to be shellfish, so has Courtney. Some say it could apply to Bobby and either Shane or Courtney.

So many choices, which one is the red herring?

#3) Two Survivors fall ill, keeping them up all night and leaving them drained right before the Immunity Challenge. Can these two strong players pull through, or will they bring their tribe down?

Most speculate that this applies to Nick and Austin as shown in the previews. More often then not when a question is teased in this manner the answer is the misdirection. Nick and Austin will be sick (quite possibly from too much booze and food after the RC) but they will come back strong and help lead La Mina to victory in the IC.

#4) It's a long afternoon for one tribe as chaos and confusion hampers the decision of who to vote off. Will an alliance stick or fall apart?

Most people see this as referring to Casaya since they have one distinct alliance and a couple on the outside. Cirie is on her perch watching over the day to day drama. Courtney is floundering as Bruce sings "I beg your pardon, get your toukas out of my zen garden.". Danielle is a snapper as she defends her lazy butt. And even though Aras is a grouper- he finds it hard to keep that pyscho alliance together. All misdirection trying to keep our minds off Bobby.

Reward Challenge

Not a ton of discussion this week on what the challenge entails, however don't pout, we do have some vidcaps thanks to FlowerPower and more in the web promo.

This is clearly the reward challenge because you can see on the left side of the cap in the picture is a bucket of booze:

Bobby has a big fish over his shoulder, it appears that each tribe will have to gather as many fish as they can in a certain period of time, the tribe that has the most fish by weight wins the fish and the booze. (That is one idea, if you have others you can add them to this thread or that thread, we still have a day and a half to spoil this.)

The Exile

Discussion of the exile is in a couple of different threads but this one about the hidden idol that Samboohoo started for us a while back, has the most.

If a La Mina goes, it could be Terry that is secluded again since most on his tribe believes that he has already found the idol.

If a Casaya goes, the leading candidate is Shane as foreshadowed by the comment made by La Mina at one of the challenges last episode about Shane being stronger than he looks. It could also fit Shane because of comments we see from Bruce and Aras about how they wish they were exiled. Plus, who is most likely to face "solitary confinement" then our detox pyscho boy?

Immunity Challenge

Again, not much speculation or discussion going on yet in our vidcap threads, however it isn't too late. We do have these caps:

A race to open each underwater coffin, but what is in each coffin? Oh my cod, it is Rupert and the rest of his Saboga tribe! Well, no not really, at least I hope not.

The Boot

All that we don't know not withstanding, the one thing that seems to be pretty clear from the editing of last weeks show and the previews and vidcaps is that Casaya will lose the IC and Bobby is the leading boot candidate.

Recap

RC: Coin flip
Exile: Terry? Shane? Austin?
IC: LaMina
Boot: Bobby? Sally?

Ongoing Spoilers

(With a nod of thanks to Pepe Lepew for adding this to his SOTS last week, some links I have copied right from his)

VerucaSalt’s always fascinating The Players, The Game, The Editing – Exile Island.

ChillOne’s S12 Spoilers has plenty of preseason spoilers plus speculation on putting the pieces together.

architecturegirl’s Opening Credits thread has some new discussions since the credits are back on and have changed.

Corvis’ confessional analysis which has been a rather good source of boot possibilities in the past. Who's in danger based on confessional analysis:

All of Casaya except Bruce

Sally
Nick
Dan

For those that enjoy astrology analysis Georgianna and OFG have provided plenty! Here, we’ve got Signs of Survival: Exile Island, Signs of Survival, Thread II and Astroanalysis Solar/Lunar Signs.

Carnac the Adequate has Print Spoilers here that are always useful to keep in the back of mind to help us figure out long-term spoilers.

It is time to vote, swim on over to Sherps’ thread

Thanks to each of you for indulging me and my "fish schtick" this week, we know someone is going to get a raw deal, I just hope it isn't us

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - E... Flowerpower 03-01-06 1
 RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - E... michel 03-01-06 2
 RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - E... Krautboy 03-01-06 3
 RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - E... Brownroach 03-01-06 4
 RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - E... emydi 03-01-06 5
 RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - E... strid333 03-01-06 6
 RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - E... Outfrontgirl 03-01-06 7
 "Oh Mahi Gawd!!" Scarlett O Hara 03-02-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
KO, you never disappoint! The fish schtick was great! Thanks for doing this, it's always appreciated.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
It smells fishy but it's a Great SOTS. You've sent us all to school!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-01-06, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Thanks KO! You put togther a great little package. Well done!

Krautboy

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Thanks, Kayo, you certainly reeled it all in for us.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Great job, I like your angle on things, you're marvelous trawling

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-01-06, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Very good SOTS!

Three is the perfect number.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S12 - State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
ROFLMAO
>>we still have a day and a half to spoil this.

then it must be on ice ... or it would be stinking already ...

my posts this week have been as long as humuhumunukunukuapua'a and I'm still undecided!

KO, this SOTS is ONO!

(yeah that's a fish, translates as "good or tasty!" -- also known as Wahoo!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-06, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. ""Oh Mahi Gawd!!""
... as our dear friend and recently departed Survivor Stephanie would say!!

KOF -- that was one of the most entertaining SOTS I have read in a long time!

You've STILL got it going on, Girl! Thanks!

Scarlett

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •