The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-06, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-06 AT 03:07 AM (EST)

Time once again to play "which teaser falls victim to last minute editing"! I'm thinking we see them all this week for a change.

#1) Winning the Reward Challenge ends up being a raw deal for one tribe.

#2) A couple of Survivors secretly bond when they selfishly share one of the Reward prizes and anger their tribemates.

#3) Two Survivors fall ill, keeping them up all night and leaving them drained right before the Immunity Challenge. Can these two strong players pull through, or will they bring their tribe down?

#4) It's a long afternoon for one tribe as chaos and confusion hampers the decision of who to vote off. Will an alliance stick or fall apart?

ETA the TV Guide blurb, which appears to restate Teaser #2:

A reward challenge breeds resentment, not solidarity, within the winning tribe, when two of its members take more than their fair share of the prize. Hey, all's fair in love, war and jungle survival.

ETA the post-show promo voiceover from Fever, because I like having my misdirection all in one basket:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Outfrontgirl 02-24-06 1
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... emydi 02-24-06 8
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Carnac The Adequate 02-24-06 9
   Question... Flowerpower 02-25-06 16
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Outfrontgirl 02-24-06 2
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... mommamia 02-24-06 6
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Estee 02-24-06 3
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... michel 02-24-06 4
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Flowerpower 02-24-06 5
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Carnac The Adequate 02-24-06 7
       RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... mommamia 02-24-06 10
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... coolbluepig 02-25-06 11
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Outfrontgirl 02-25-06 12
       RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... coolbluepig 02-25-06 13
           RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Outfrontgirl 02-25-06 18
       RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Flowerpower 02-25-06 14
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... jenjk 02-25-06 15
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... sylvester 02-25-06 17
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... mommamia 02-25-06 19
       RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Outfrontgirl 02-25-06 20
           You could be onto something... sylvester 02-25-06 21
               RE: You could be onto something... Outfrontgirl 02-25-06 22
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Outfrontgirl 02-25-06 23
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... emydi 02-25-06 24
       RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Flowerpower 02-26-06 25
           RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Brownroach 02-27-06 26
               RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... emydi 02-27-06 27
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... JazzyJax 02-27-06 28
 New item at CBS? Brownroach 02-27-06 29
   RE: New item at CBS? Krautboy 02-28-06 31
       RE: New item at CBS? Brownroach 02-28-06 33
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: F... Outfrontgirl 02-28-06 30
   But...... emydi 02-28-06 32
       RE: But...... Outfrontgirl 02-28-06 34
       Solitary confinement michel 02-28-06 36
           RE: Solitary confinement Outfrontgirl 02-28-06 37
   Sally and Austin? Krautboy 02-28-06 35
       RE: Sally and Austin? Outfrontgirl 02-28-06 38
           RE: Sally and Austin? Krautboy 03-01-06 39
               RE: Sally and Austin? Fire Fly 03-01-06 40
               RE: Sally and Austin? Outfrontgirl 03-01-06 41
                   RE: Sally and Austin? Flowerpower 03-01-06 42
                       RE: Sally and Austin? michel 03-01-06 43
                   RE: Sally and Austin? Brownroach 03-01-06 44
                       RE: Sally and Austin? saucydiva 03-01-06 45
                           RE: Sally and Austin? Flowerpower 03-01-06 46
                           RE: Sally and Austin? emydi 03-01-06 47
                           RE: Sally and Austin? Brownroach 03-01-06 48
                               RE: Sally and Austin? sylvester 03-01-06 49
                                   RE: Sally and Austin? Brownroach 03-01-06 50
                                   RE: Sally and Austin? Krautboy 03-01-06 51
                                       chaos and confusion saucydiva 03-01-06 52
                                           RE: chaos and confusion Outfrontgirl 03-02-06 53
                                           RE: chaos and confusion Outfrontgirl 03-02-06 63
                                   WAVES to CAT! Flowerpower 03-02-06 54
                                       another possible "raw deal" saucydiva 03-02-06 55
                                           RE: another possible "raw deal" Krautboy 03-02-06 57
 Interesting... Flowerpower 03-02-06 56
   RE: Interesting... Krautboy 03-02-06 58
   The Reward knuckles487 03-02-06 59
       RE: The Reward Flowerpower 03-02-06 61
   RE: Interesting... Brownroach 03-02-06 60
       RE: Interesting... Outfrontgirl 03-02-06 62
   RE: Interesting... jenjk 03-02-06 64
       RE: Interesting... Outfrontgirl 03-02-06 65

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-24-06, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-06 AT 02:51 AM (EST)

I wonder if "raw deal" means they win some food they can't cook because their fire goes out? I think that would point towards a Casaya victory, since we see their "spark goes out" in the post-show promo. I'm thinking fish, perhaps a codlike fish ...

#2) A couple of Survivors secretly bond when they selfishly share one of the Reward prizes and anger their tribemates.

TV Guide blurb appears to restate Teaser #2:

A reward challenge breeds resentment, not solidarity, within the winning tribe, when two of its members take more than their fair share of the prize. Hey, all's fair in love, war and jungle survival.

Obviously will refer to same tribe as teaser #1. Again, this sounds like Casaya where we saw the "selfish" and "inconsiderate" themes in Ep 4. "Anger"--a day without ANGER at Casaya is like a day without rain flooding their campsite!

#3) Two Survivors fall ill, keeping them up all night and leaving them drained right before the Immunity Challenge. Can these two strong players pull through, or will they bring their tribe down?

We are shown that Austin and Nick get stomach problems.
Teasers 2 and 3 both refer to two Survivors.

A) La Mina wins RC, Austin and Nick are selfish pigs and hog some of the food and it makes them sick.

B) Casaya wins RC and two selfish people -- I'm thinking Bob Dawg for sure, and maybe Courtney -- pig out. Austin and Nick's illness is unrelated to the RC.

Wickchix's spoiler states:
- One tribe doesnt eat for 10 days
- One tribe doesnt eat for 12 days
- One tribe,(but could be one of the above) win a HUGE feast and they get sick.

TDT says that Dan's tribe goes the 12 days.
The thing is though, Casaya did not get food for the last RC, even though Day 10 of the game came and went.

Timewise, Ep 5 opens on Day 12 (Ep 3 only lasted 2 days). However, it's only day 9 since the pickem that created these two tribes, so maybe that's how the count is working and it is Casaya's turn to win food (say RC is on Day 2 of the episode) while La Mina has to wait until Day 1 of Ep 6. This would be Day 14 of the game, but Day 12 since the re-formation of the La Mina tribe into its current configuration.

Just a thought.

As for whether A and N pull through, last week's question about Sally was, surprisingly, YES. I think it is time for La Mina to win an IC, especially with the inclusion of foreshadowing from Jeff that they are unified and have a good shot at a comeback.

Of course we hope that vidcaps will help us decide who wins!

#4) It's a long afternoon for one tribe as chaos and confusion hampers the decision of who to vote off. Will an alliance stick or fall apart?

A day in Casaya without chaos and confusion is like a day that Bruce doesn't talk incessantly or that Courtney doesn't annoy everyone ...

While the alliance stick or crack question could apply to either tribe, we have been getting teased with the dysfunctional alliance at Casaya and this looks like its first test at TC to me. La Mina might lose again, but chaos? With Terry at the helm? I think not.

I think we have a set up here for Bob Dawg to go, which is one reason I'm inclined to think Casaya wins RC. We got a lot of wrangling about behavior last time at Casaya, and poor Bob got the "lazy inconsiderate black man" edit that is a Survivor fixture. Will he pull a Clarence? I think he might.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"

A day in Casaya without chaos and confusion is like a day that Bruce doesn't talk incessantly or that Courtney doesn't annoy everyone ...

I think that Casaya loses IC as for RC, I think they probably win it and Bobby is the selfish one with Cirie? Courtney?

As for the alliance holding...I believe it has to be the wacko alliance (as alliance at La Mina was showcased in ep 4) and Courtney is the possible bootee from the alliance.

Remember she is spoiled to go at 9 when she wouldn't be expected to bc of Casaya's nos. at merge (6-4 with it presumably being 6-3 at 9 with a La Mina strong guy (nick/austin)going at 10 bc Terry wins the first ind ic) Esp. with Bruce saying he'd rather be on EI than around Courtney. This will be the misdirection but it will foreshadow her earlier than expected boot come merge time.

Furthermore, the promo says that Casaya's SPARK is doused...I know it could mean the fire itself..but also someone's fire at TC..I immediately thought of that when I heard it in the promo.

I think Danielle is able to convince Aras and Shane to vote off Bobby--as we see she DOES NOT Like him (the editing in Ep 4 is def showing the tension btw the two--at least on Danielle's part)and he is being shown as very lazy (big surprise ugh) She will bring up about Shane swearing on his child and I think that will be enough for Shane and for Aras it will be enough that Bobby does not work and he "defiled" the wood shed with his "deuce" UGH!!

Bruce Bobby and Cirie??? will want to vote out Courtney and try to convince Aras...I think Bruce will later be instrumental in voting out Courtney.

Although I think Cirie is going to vote with Aras (as I see a bond growing there) and she will not want to rock the boat...Bruce will probably not vote with the group and throw Courtney his vote ??

Carnac The Adequate 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-24-06, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to send private message to Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
Excellent re-cap. And excellent re-summarization of the day count. I think you've totally nailed the date-discrepancy issue.

I think the BobDawg go-bye-bye set up was pretty clear, too.

To me, this is all looking like --

RC: Casaya (w/food)

IC: LaMina (w/Nick and Austin snake-sick)

Exile: ?
.... maybe Bruce again, since he said, "I'd rather be on Exile Island?" That would be LaMina's choice. Or could Casaya get to choose and do an early farewell to BobDawg. (Or Courtney?) (Or Danielle?) (I'm about to go giddy from the "target rich environment" that Casaya provides when you consider them having to pick one of their own to Exile!)

Boot: Bob Dawg (or Courtney, or Danille ... see above)

One of the early bootlists (posted over at Fever?) has BobDawg going this next episode, and while it has been primarily wrong up to this point, it has mostly been wrong just in identifying which "blonde" has been thrown in which order.

BobDawg is pretty clearly non-blonde
And his set-up has been pretty strong.

Given the set up and the spolier, my early call would be to BobDawg.

I'll bet, this week, we start seeing the "referring to himself in the third person" stuff, to further his set-up.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-06, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Question..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-06 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

Never mind, I misread the clues as written. If Casaya wins the RC and loses the IC then 3 clues are in regard to the Casaya camp and only clue number three is in regard to La Mina. Does anyone keep track of how often this happens. I tend to think that most weeks the clues are split 50/50. Would be a good thing to start tracking, maybe I'll do it!

02-24-06, 03:04 AM (EST)
2. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-06 AT 03:13 AM (EST)

Just saw this at Fever after spec'ing that Bob Dawg helps himself to more than his share of the reward, so it kind of struck me!

Bob Dawg with a secret stash? ... unless he's suddenly pregnant. If it doesn't refer to the teaser about taking some of the reward, what could it be? Not exactly subtle that he has something under there, so I'm not sure if he would think he's pulling off a stealth maneuver or what.

The camp is flooded, so maybe he's conducting a "salvage operation."

mommamia 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-24-06, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
There's nothing secret about that stash. It looks like maybe he's trying to keep something from gettng wet and moving it to shelter. Maybe the Charmin? With this shot of the sign from the Casa de Charmin down on the ground maybe the wind blew it over or there was some flooding and the toiletries needed to be moved to a dry area.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
On #1, how about 'raw deal' as really dumb semi-pun -- as in the food reward of an oyster bar?

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
OFG: I think the first three teasers refer to La Mina and Nick and Austin pigging out. Your option (A).
As far as editing out teasers and titles, I think CBS is getting a weird sense of humour. The Contamination of the prize posession was done by Bobby inaugurating the bathroom! The Snake dinner wasn't eaten by the survivor but it was rather the snake's dinner. Remember the shot in the middle of the episode of a hanging snake looking straight at the camera with a wide open mouth. We were the snake's dinner (or at least the camera was)!

02-24-06, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
Great observations there, Michel, I think that you are dead on! Totally missed that indeed it was Bobby that contaminated their prize possession.....to me though, it wasn't contaminated when it's operational value was as a toilet! Great catch with Bobby and the snake....

Carnac The Adequate 57 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to send private message to Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
I've been thinking that the BS-direction clues might be off-cycle.

I agree that, from the rest of the tribe's perspective, BobDawg totally "dawg-ed" the "prize," but I'm not sure we can call the Casa a "possession," although "contamination" might fit.

Courtney practicing her yoga in Bruce's Zen rock garden DEFINITELY seems like someone "contaminating" a prized "possession," to me, though. And maybe Austin and Nick are sick from a dinner of raw(-ish) snake?

Just discussing. I don't feel like any of this is firm.

02-24-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
From the web promo it looks like a challenge has to do with doing something with fish (transferring it from one place to another?) so that might be where the "For Cod's Sake" comes into play. Maybe whoever wins gets raw fish as their reward but can't keep a fire lit to cook it.

While they have a warped sense of humor I can see the casa de charmin being a "prized" possession since they won it.

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-25-06, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
~going for a La Mina win... i am guessing reward is the food and spices and u can cook it in camp with any sauce u like... i am thinking that... so they can't cook it since of the storm... i know that CASAYA is the only one shown in previews with a "flood" but it is highly possible that La Mina experiences tha same harsh storm... so food is still raw, and maybe they eat it...

~still in La Mina, REWARD... so maybe they get more than one kind of food...

~still leaning towards La Mina... maybe they eat the food raw therefore feeling ill... and based on the caption, it looks like AUSTIN AND NICK are ths stupid raw food eaters!!!

~La Mina again, alliance of Dan and Terry??
or maybe Casaya's FOUR whom we see having troubles already...

to add, i remeber that in a spoiler that one tribe does not eat for 12 days and when they get a chance to eat they get sick...

and last episodes TC was day 11 and therefore making reward day 12 so 12 days no food, RAW FOOD, austin and nick feeling sick so this spoiler has a big chance of being TRUE and thus speaking about LA MINA specifically AUSTIN AND NICK

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

02-25-06, 02:26 AM (EST)
12. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-06 AT 03:58 AM (EST)

As a different perspective from cbp's argument that La Mina wins reward, I'll take the other side:

I am in agreement about the raw food (as I guessed in my first post above) but I think it is Casaya. Casaya camp has standing water after every rain, La Mina doesn't. (The smarter guys picked a better place to locate shelter.) "Casaya's spark goes out" and part of that is their fire.

The spoiler that said one tribe eats after 12 days also said the other tribe eats after 10. One part doesn't work without the other, and Casaya didn't win a food reward last episode. (That's why I was spec'ing the day count might start from the pickem'm as the tribes as we know them didn't exist until Day 4. The feast that makes them sick could be about either tribe and it could apply to either Day 10, or 12, or a later reward. And just the fact they aren't eating could make them sick when they get food; the food itself needn't be bad.

The two who secretly share more than a fair amount of the reward draw their tribe's anger. With Nick and Austin getting sick, we are given a different kind of drama, which is whether they will be OK for the IC. The tribe is worried about them, not mad at them.

Another point to consider: the character of the two who take more than fair share of the reward. These are two who have a more selfish mindset, me first. Austin and Nick, do they seem likely to steal reward proceeds from Terry and Dan? La Mina is the straight arrow honorable Christian tribe. Austin is extremely into his faith. Who is more likely to grab too much reward, Austin the Christian, or Bob who was totally set up last week to do something without regard for the rest of the tribe's wishes?

I'm not saying Bobby really is a bad guy, but the edit has set him up to play the part of inconsiderate jerk. The editing is painting Courtney the same. Courtney can't respect Bruce's Zen garden. Bob can't respect the "storage" closet. They don't respect other people's boundaries, so they are a "fit" for the teaser that says they don't respect a share and share alike attitude for a reward.

So, just because the number two comes up in two teasers, they don't have to be the same pair. The two pairs may be in contrast, the suffering pair on the together (but underdog) tribe, and the selfish pair that increase strife and division in the chaotic tribe.

So I see two tribal stories.
1) On Casaya, they win RC and get fish to cook (like the spices idea!) and wine (per vidcaps), fire is out due to flooding so it is a raw deal. Two selfish ones, Bob Dawg being one I have no doubt (and maybe Courtney?), go off to share something, probably wine, and bond. Tribe can't help but notice and gets pissed at them.

2) On La Mina, hunger and funky food sources lay Austin and Nick low. Maybe they try some kind of island food that doesn't agree with them because they are desperate. They get sick, and the whole tribe is worried about losing yet again.

Prior to the IC, Sally will once again say her butt is on the line and she's going home if they lose (even though Nick and Austin are sick). Misdirection phase 1. But they pull it together just in time for IC. La Mina wins IC, has the comeback Jeff foreshadowed at last TC.

3) Casaya goes to TC. The teaser asks if the alliance will hold, so the boot misdirection must be one of the Nutball Alliance and is almost certainly Courtney as everyone has been complaining about her getting on their last nerve.

Ultimately the tribe sacrifices Bob Dawg, who Danielle really dislikes. The reasons for his boot were set up in Ep4 and are reinforced in Ep 5. The fact that Casaya wins RC and Bob is central to the "more than fair share" drama means the editors can wrap his story in Ep 5 with plenty of face time.

Re who is exiled, it should be one of La Mina and it can't be Nick or Austin unless both were sent (but the promo calls it solitary confinement). No one on La Mina will want to go for the II's sake because they're all sure Terry found it, so that's something we need to try and figure out. Maybe Dan goes (by random draw or something? last in a challenge?) The teaser makes this stay on the island sound unpleasant.

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-25-06, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
so if u say that the 10 day counts starts on day 4 since that is where the 2 tribes appeared, meaning day 14 would be the 10 day mark... and we will start this episode on day 12 and probably reward challenge happens on day 12 as well...

a day 14 reward would be possible if ties episode will be a 2 day episode only therefore ending in day 13 and probably have another reward on ay 14...

but as the promos say, the reward will most probably involve food, and people getting sick...

so i say sick tribe after eating for d first tym in 12 days is happening this episode (day 12 reward)...

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

02-25-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
18. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
There are good points on either side of this one.

However, we should keep the spoiler straight.

It does not say that the first tribe to eat a food reward gets sick or that the hungry for 12 days tribe gets sick.

There are 3 parts to the spoiler:

1) Tribe doesn't eat for 10 days.
2) Tribe doesn't eat for 12 days.
3) (At some point, no date given)-- a tribe wins a "HUGE feast" and gets sick.

This could even be the merged tribe. Or it could be La Mina this week. The clue is pretty vague. However, the spoiler says that "the tribe" gets sick, not two out of five, so this week we don't necessarily have a perfect fit.

When I read the spoiler originally I pictured a whole tribe laid low after a massive reward where they all gorged themselves because there was more than enough food, whereas this teaser tells us two people take some from the rest of the tribe and the rest of the tribe gets angry. That kind of says there's not enough to go around.

Flowerpower, I like your idea about Shane and Bobby much better than Courtney who seems unlikely to sneak off with Bob. Shane might be a good fit for indulging himself! I also like the raw snails idea. Eating snails would sure make me sick!

My other problem with La Mina winning this is it requires two people to act like sneaky sneaks and for the life of me I can't think of two who would do it. La Mina is SO organized that anyone who snuck extra reward would know that Terry and Dan would bust them, with game-changing consequences. Everyone at La Mina is playing hard to stay high in the tribal merit system.

Whereas it's so chaotic and flooded at Casaya that I can see a couple of thoughtless people thinking they have an opportunity and running with it.

OTOH, last I checked TDT was assuming La Mina wins RC, so that gives me pause, for sure.

02-25-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
14. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-06 AT 08:46 AM (EST)

I am with you, OFG. I read the promos as Casaya winning the RC and La Mina taking the IC...yet, I'm thinking that it may be Bob Dawg and Shane that go off and hoard the wine...Shane probably needs the alcohol to sooth the withdrawel from every other vice he has...but in the end they'll spare him, and boot Bobby...I will concede that it could be Courtney though.

Casaya will win the raw fish and can not cook it perhaps as they have no dry wood....when are they going to wake up and move that CAMP....they are just SO inept, imo....

Agreed that one of the La Mina will be exiled again, and that it will not be one of Austin/Nick/Sally....but I'm thinking it could indeed be Terry again, just as Bruce was exiled more than once...definately will be one of Terry or Dan. Regarding Nick and Austin getting sick...I think I saw the La Mina's eating the snails raw last ep...that could do it, imo.

jenjk 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenjk Click to send private message to jenjk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
What if "Casaya's spark is snuffed out" refers to the end of their mini winning streak? Jeff mentioned the last episode that Casaya had a little streak going. Could they lose both challenges this week?

I could see #3 as being related to the reward challenge winner. The "raw deal" could refer to the possible food reward and the fact that two of their tribe members (Nick and Austin) get sick and are questionable for the IC. So I think La Mina wins reward.

>#4) It's a long afternoon for one tribe as chaos and confusion >hampers the decision of who to vote off. Will an alliance >stick or fall apart?

This has to be Casaya.

I think La Mina wins both reward and immunity.

Jennifer

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-25-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
So far I'm having a difficult time this week deciding who wins both challenges.

Here's a few things that I'm looking at:

It seems to me that the flood at Casaya is the source of the chaos and confusion hampering the decision. It must hit after IC and before TC. It says the chaos hampers the decision, that has to mean that the normal politicking is interrupted, in this case by a flood. Unfortunately that also means we have no clues as to who might be exiled on Casaya (if in fact they lose RC too), as the exilee would be back at camp after the IC. Also takes out the argument that Casaya wins RC and can't cook it, because it looks like the flood happens IC day.

Well, CBS seems to have gotten a sense of humor this season, albeit an obscure one sometimes, lol. This could simply mean that the reward is raw, as in raw fish that they have to cook themselves. I wouldn't put it past them. If that's the case, no clues here as to who wins.

This one bothers me the most. As OFG said, it doesn't seem plausible that any of the La Mina straight arrows would hog the reward. However I really want to say LM wins both challenges this week, just a gut feeling. So all I can guess is that this could be Sally and one of the guys. Which one, no clue. If I give into the idea of Casaya winning the RC this is of course quite plausible with any number of people.

#3 is of course a give away, Nick and Austin. I guess I don't buy that they eat raw fish and get sick. They have Super Terry of course, the fire master. And you would think that raw fish would make everyone sick, especially Dan, so I just can't buy that. It does seem that this has to happen the night before IC though, so a whole day after the RC. Maybe they just eat ridiculous amounts of fish, and their digestive tracts just can't handle the load? Jury is still out on this.

Also just wanted to mention that I don't agree with the arguments for the number of starvation days only counting from the merger of the 4 tribes. I can't see someone saying they starved for 12 days when in fact they starved for 15, just because their tribe configuration changed. Casaya could have found a good source of food last episode, and we just weren't shown it. I'm not sure, I guess I just can't base who wins RC on this point.

02-25-06, 04:55 PM (EST)
19. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
#2) A couple of Survivors secretly bond when they selfishly share one of the Reward prizes and anger their tribemates.<<<

Since I'm leaning toward La Mina winning RC I'm wondering if
perhaps this refers to a previous reward and not necessarily this episode's reward. Could it be that the picture we see of Bobby is of him sneaking towels or TP that he shares with someone else? Courtney or Cirie?

02-25-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
20. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
Maybe they secretly bond when they take a shower together.

02-25-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "You could be onto something..."

Mommamia & OFG, you actually could be onto something.

The clue says share one of the reward prizes. It never occured to me, but you're right, it could be a previous reward, and it very well could be a shower.

I'd like to see more photos of Casaya to see who may have clean hair.

02-25-06, 05:43 PM (EST)
22. "RE: You could be onto something..."
Yeah, I was thinking about that in the shower.
They have some unused reward items, the soap and the clean shower water. Aras wants to use the last reward carefully. I can totally see them returning from a smelly fish challenge and someone wanting a shower real real bad.

I was just about to make a more organized post about how it could all work, when I read your post Sylvester.

02-25-06, 06:07 PM (EST)
23. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
OK, having listened to those who agree with me and those who don't, here's another stab at interpretation:

The fish is raw and the winners are left to cook it, as in, we're giving you food but you still have to use some survival abilities to make it edible. That doesn't necessarily mean they eat the fish raw. If La Mina wins, they will manage to cook it.

I still say this does not fit La Mina. The words SELFISH and ANGER should be trademarked by Casaya at this point. We were totally set up last time for more of this kind of story at Casaya.

So let's think outside the box (as Mommamania did) and say the teaser writers are referring to Casaya's previously won items. This is not so easy to reconcile with:

This TV Guide teaser makes it sound like it's all part of this episode's action, but we all know how messed up teasers can be.
So, let's give it a shot.

Casaya got soap, clean towels, and only 5 gal of clean water and a camp shower. This is something two people could bond over sharing, absolutely. I am having a hard time with bonding over hoarding toilet paper ... I don't like the mental images I get from such thoughts ...

This is something that could be "consumed" while the providers are out gathering food, since they didn't win a feast. Let's also assume that either Bruce or Aras are on EI after begging for solitary confinement (more on that below), so Casaya is missing one of its voices of reason.

Nick and Austin, we know this. Eating and drinking alcohol after not eating is enough to make them ill, no need to spec about raw fish.

This will be the flood scene. They return from IC to find camp wrecked. Their "spark" is out in two senses: the literal fire and their winning streak at an end.

The alliance-cracking teaser should refer to them wanting to boot Courtney. Cirie has established herself as a hard worker and she won the wrestling IC for them. Bob Dawg has irked Danielle last time and angered them this time, let's assume, by using reward prizes without asking the tribe.

The EXILE:
From the tribe losing RC. Payback has happened, so time for a new mechanism, quite possibly group decison/volunteering. Someone requests to go, "solitary confinement"--probably Bruce or Aras. Both practice mental disciplines that involve "centering." It's impossible to get centered at Casaya. Both Bruce and Aras would like to find the idol.

At La Mina, no one would actively want to go. They all think Terry found it. "Solitude" is something a Casaya inmate would ask for. "Take me out of the mental ward and put me in solitary!"
So I now lean towards La Mina winning RC, Bruce or Aras as Exile, Bobby and probably Courtney hogging the shower and soap, and Bobby as the boot.

02-25-06, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
good thoughts everyone!!

I think it is a La Mina Sweep, but I don't think Aras or Bruce go to EI...they are both saying in previews that they'd rather be on EI so usually that means that doesn't happen...maybe Courtney volunteers and THIS time her tribe lets her!!

02-26-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
25. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
While I agree that the reward prize that is hogged by two that bond over it leading to animosity in the group could be referring to a prior won reward, the TP, shower, soap, etc., I am not convinced of a La Mina sweep this week. If you are speculating on the exiled person I think that Terry could indeed be chosen to go back, or perhaps Dan. As far as Casaya goes, I think Shane could be a likely candidate. Last ep Terry noted that he was alot more athletic than he thought...I also don't think it would be Aras or Bruce as we hear them saying that they would prefer it to staying in the chaos they call Casaya. They are most likely prompted to say this as they didn't get chosen to go. They could be referring to someone on their tribe, or even someone on the other tribe.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-06, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-06 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

I had been thinking Casaya would win the reward, but now I'm leaning away from them too. If a LaMina were to go to EI this week it shouldn't be a big issue; it would just be a pointless exercise since they all think Terry has the II. But they are making a thing of the "solitary confinement," and two people from Casaya are shown talking about EI.

...I also don't think it would be Aras or Bruce as we hear them saying that they would prefer it to staying in the chaos they call Casaya. They are most likely prompted to say this as they didn't get chosen to go.

The Bruce/Courtney zen garden sequence strikes me as being the opening vignette at the Casaya camp, as opposed to occurring later on. If BobDawg is leaving they will be setting someone else up as the early misdirection, and this fits the bill nicely, especially following Aras's comment last week that he would consider losing a challenge just to get rid of Courtney.

So I wouldn't rule out Bruce as the exile on that basis. But his also seems like an offhand comment, and I don't see Bruce going to EI a third time.

I think the Aras comment is probably before the RC as well. They often forecast the aftermath of the reward by showing a tribemember saying "I wish we would get some food...", etc., and then they do. So Aras might volunteer to go if they lose.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

02-27-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
27. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
That's funny BR, bc I'm flip flopping the other way and thinking again that Casaya might win it

This is really a crap shoot this week (or was that last week )

When I was writing my post over in Hidden idol thread (and then I reread the entire CO/Wickchix spoiler thread) I started to think Bruce (with Bobby) may eat more of the fish...Bruce told them to drink water after running it thru t-shirt and they did it...maybe he tells Bobby he has a great sushi recipe and he and BDawg go to town...and then the raw fish gives Bruce his "intestinal" problems that finally get to the breaking point 2 weeks later...the worm finally grows big enough to knock him out...ok maybe not...but I'm thinking that Nick and Austin just might be sick for lack of food and that's all...and it's FP's old fave-- misdirection...

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
I'll play think outside the box...

Raw sewage from Casa Charmin's destruction up on the hill ends up in Casaya's camp doorstep. Ewww.

Secretly, secretly...this could be Dawg and Courtney or Austin and Sally. Can't be too secret if the rest are angry though, and anger says Casaya. Dawg and Courtney seem to be together off camera alot. Maybe Dawg and Courtney use all the stashed tp for pillows?

#3) Two Survivors fall ill, keeping them up all night and leaving them drained right before the Immunity Challenge. Can
these two strong players pull through, or will they bring their tribe down?

We are shown Nick and Austin, and I'll go with others and say that this weakness is misdirection. That means La Mina win IC.

Chaos and confusion means our pals at Casaya again.

Could this still be the resentment over Casa Charmin and whatever is left of it? Sheesh.

02-27-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "New item at CBS?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-06 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

Terrywins at Sucks says there was a new blurb up at CBS as of last night:

Terrywins
(2/26/06 8:23 pm)
Reply Episode 5 web clues
-----------------------------------------------------------------

New thing on cbs says
"One survivor makes an important discovery while another is shut out in a surprise vote"

Well, I found the other blurbs and this isn't there. But it sounds like it would have related to last week's episode -- Terry finding the idol and Sally feeling shut out. So... ??? I dunno.

Edited again: Okay, it *is* there but not with the other blurbs. If you go to the CBS homepage and click on the "Survivor" tab, it comes up under the cast photo. Strange. It seems like a mistake.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-28-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: New item at CBS?"
Maybe it's not a mistake...

The "important discovery" could be the Exile finding out that someone else already found the Hidden Immunity Idol.

If Bobby is "shut-out" it would be "a surprise" to the general viewing audience, because Cirie has been edited as the next to go ever since Melanie's boot and Shane's announcement that Melanie and Cirie would be the next two to go.

Krautboy

02-28-06, 06:18 PM (EST)
33. "RE: New item at CBS?"
Possibly, KB, but I don't think they would refer to an upcoming TC vote as a "shut out". They never mention anything specific about the vote ahead of time.

And it seems odd that the blurb is completely disconnected to anything in the previews or the other website clues this week. But coincidentally it does fit with what was in the previews and the website clues for last week.

02-28-06, 05:24 PM (EST)
30. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection S12 Ep 5: For Cod's Sake"
A couple of Survivors secretly bond when they selfishly share one of the Reward prizes and anger their tribemates.

Both these teasers imply that there's not enough of the prize to go around. More than fair share, selfishly share ...

Now to me it looks like there's plenty of fish.
That basket of beverages looks ample to me. La Mina has Dan on it, not Judd.

This puts me back to the last RC prizes. They only got 5 gallons of fresh water and no one used it that we were shown. 5 gallons is very little water to use in a shower. That's definitely a prize with not enough to go around.

In interpreting these teasers, I'm not looking for which two are an odd couple or which two appear to have over-indulged. I'm looking for two people who behave SELFISHLY (per the editing) and who don't think in terms of "prizes won by the tribe should be saved unless the whole tribe agrees on how to use them."

Is there anyone like that this season? Hmm. Yes, but not on La Mina, as far as we know.

02-28-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
32. "But......"
who wins RC?

*snorfle*

02-28-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
34. "RE: But......"
>>who wins RC?

Well, my argument would be: neither the teasers nor the vidcaps tell us, because it could be that Casaya's discord relates to the prizes they won last time.

I would say La Mina has a good shot based on the promo asking why is one Survivor requesting solitary confinement. I think this is evidence that the winning team doesn't select the exile this time. The EXILE REVENGE motif is played out for now. Instead we'll see something like the first exile decision, where the tribe decides, and someone volunteers.

There is no hard evidence, but I don't see a La Mina volunteering. Ruth Marie's interviews confirmed they all believed Terry found the idol. They are all too hungry (if they lose) to WANT to go to EI. OTOH, we have the Looney Bin tribe where at least two people would prefer solitary confinement to hanging out in the general ward ... so it makes sense that a Casaya volunteers for exile.

By that logic, if logic it be, La Mina wins RC. However, I think the SELFISH storyline gets played out at Casaya, and Nick and Austin get stomach aches that are unrelated to any sneaky actions on their part.

02-28-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Solitary confinement"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-06 AT 06:39 PM (EST)

If the solitary confinement phrase comes from a survivor, I see Terry being exiled again this week. Couldn't he say "Since I've already got the idol, this is just like solitary confinement"?

Casaya's comments would be more like: "Peace at last" or "where is that idol?" For sure Bobby (who likes solitude), Aras and Bruce wouldn't see it as solitary confinement.

02-28-06, 06:47 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Solitary confinement"
michel, that is a good point, but the phrase isn't given to us as a quote from a Survivor. "Solitary confinement" is SeeBS melodrama, in so far as we know from the promo. "volunteer" is a key word, I think. I feel that is clueing us in that the next exile isn't selected by the opposite tribe. Instead, I believe Jeff will tell the losing tribe to choose an exile immediately after the challenge.

At that point, if someone steps up, they are volunteering -- for what CBS describes as solitary confinement because CBS wants exile island to sound psychologically INTENSE, lol.

02-28-06, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Sally and Austin?"
Let's look at it from a slightly different perspective...

"A reward challenge breeds resentment..."
This sounds like La Mina where things have been going fairly smoothly. No need to "breed resentment" at Casaya; there's already plenty there after all of last week's confrontations.

A couple of Survivors secretly bond...
The only person who would need to bond "secretly" is Sally...The alliances at Casaya have already all been laid out on the table, so no need for secrecy there. Sally is looking to bond with someone to save herself and she knows that Austin and Nick are part of the male alliance on La Mina. The editing this week has got to start and set the stage for next week's vote against Dan. Sally and Austin may sneak away with a bottle of wine..."Hey, all's fair in love, war and jungle survival....where Sally plies Austin with wine and begins to make her move against Dan.

Krautboy

02-28-06, 08:07 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
oh dear, Krautboy and I have those pesky opposing perspectives again ... which is daunting, no tongue in cheek at all when I say that.

OK ...
----------------
>>>"A reward challenge breeds resentment..."
This sounds like La Mina where things have been going fairly smoothly. No need to "breed resentment" at Casaya; there's already plenty there after all of last week's confrontations.
------------------
I see your point about how if this resentment is NEW it should happen at La Mina. To play contrarian to that: my position as always is that the promo teasers are written to intrigue viewers who aren't necessarily following the show religiously. To me, this line is there to make the point: "contrary to the usual thinking that a victory ought to make the tribe happy, in this tribe even winning causes conflict."
(yes, just like last week, but we'll act like this is surprising because we need ratings!)
-------------------
>>>> A couple of Survivors secretly bond...
The only person who would need to bond "secretly" is Sally...The alliances at Casaya have already all been laid out on the table, so no need for secrecy there.
--------------------
This is definitely a case of differing interpretation. I see where your reading comes from; you see the "bonding" as something that nees to be kept secret, a strategic move.

I, OTOH, think "secrecy" refers to sharing the prize without consent from the tribe. The illicit sharing has to be sneaky, said sneakiness creates a "partners in crime" mentality, and brings together a couple of Casaya personalities who weren't previously shown as best buds--not necessarily anything to do with alliances, revealed or otherwise.
---------------------
>>>Sally is looking to bond with someone to save herself and she knows that Austin and Nick are part of the male alliance on La Mina. The editing this week has got to start and set the stage for next week's vote against Dan. Sally and Austin may sneak away with a bottle of wine..."Hey, all's fair in love, war and jungle survival....where Sally plies Austin with wine and begins to make her move against Dan.
---------------------
That's a nice scenario and I do think Sally has to be working Austin, although Dan's boot could be not set up this ep and come as a surprise. The thing is, the "two" are going to face the wrath of the tribe for taking this thing, say the wine. That part of the teaser has to be accounted for, the "anger." If Sally and Austin incur the "wrath of the righteous"--wouldn't that more likely lead to a Sally boot? (Or Austin's?).

Second, to fulfill the whole teaser, the rest of the tribe needs to be mad that they didn't get their share of the wine. Personally, I just don't see Dan and Terry bumming over not getting drunk. There are other things to drink in that basket and only five people to share it, and I have a feeling that there's plenty of fish. OTOH, at Casaya, that last reward was set up by the producers to cause strife. 5 gallons is simply not enough water for six people to get a shower.

I think it's an Occam's Razor situation: Bob Dawg needs a boot story; BD defiled the "woodshed" but last time we only saw Danielle's reaction, which set up the story arc. This time, Bob takes it on himself to use more of their prize without asking, only instead of doing it out front he does it while most of them aren't paying attention; tribe gets angry when it finds out; BD goes bye-bye even though the episode is rife with "we gotta boot Courtney, she's driving me nuts" misdirection.

Meanwhile, at La Mina, they win fish and drinks and have tummy problems from a change in diet and the "good tribe" is in danger of losing yet another challenge if Austin and Nick can't rally. The tribe is rooting for them to pull it out at the challenge, and they do! This story arc wouldn't work that well if Austin was sick because he snuck off to overindulge, imo. Austin and Nick need to be underdogs for this story, not schemers or bad boys.

I guess I just have lower expectations and foresee less interesting developments than those you lay out, KB.

That said, your logic is always stellar, and it's certainly possible that the straight arrows at La Mina will get an editing tweak this episode and act like bad boy and girl. It would be so much fun to see them get caught with hands in the cookie jar!

03-01-06, 00:24 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
Wow! With you representing the opposing perspective, we are certainly assured of having both points well represented!

I really do enjoy these exchanges and very much respect your opinion. It will be fun to see how the story actually plays out...but it's rarely as good as the scenarios developed by the spoiling community...

Krautboy

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
KB....the voiceovers lead us to believe that it is Austin and Nick (not Sally) that are sick. Austin says he is going to throw up and Nick says he feels 'wrecked'. Sally may need to bond with someone, but I don't think that it is her and Austin sneaking off with the wine when it is Nick that is sick. And I don't think that Nick and Austin need to bond...they are already 'bonded'...so perhaps OFG is correct and the bonding/reward sharing is at Casaya with prevoius winnings

03-01-06, 04:00 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
>>I really do enjoy these exchanges and very much respect your opinion

DITTO! The only part I don't enjoy is the large chance I am very much off base when I don't agree with you. But yeah, being wrong is definitely one of the hazards of sticking to a point of view. As you say, it makes it more fun to see what happens.

Really I am not 100% happy with any interpretation I've seen for this week, because the one that makes sense to me for satisfying the teasers does require that they refer to previously won RC items--which is not something I would normally look for.

The only reason I consider it this time is that the rewards Casaya got in Ep 4 could logically continue to cause strife in camp because a whole component of the reward (the shower) was left literally unused and was not dealt with in the story-telling. Logically it would come into play in some fashion.
1) scenes may have occurred at Casaya that we were not shown (including after the IC when we only saw La Mina). These scenes might fit better in the Bob Dawg boot episode and they could be cut in, the time frame tweaked.
2) If Casaya doesn't win a feast in Ep 5, then the previously won reward items are all the more important there because after all that was the only RC that Casaya has won to date.

Another interpretation is simply that Casaya wins the cod feast and wine, and a LM gets exiled. I have no problem with Nick and Austin getting stomach problems even without food and drink. However, if Casaya wins RC, the promo question about why is one Survivor requesting solitary confinement is no more than SeeBS spin off of a hypothetical comment by Aras. That seems completely unnecessary as a promo hook if there's no real chance a Casaya is going to EI, so I think most likely a Casaya will be exiled, the losing tribe picks, and someone volunteers.

03-01-06, 07:19 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
Nice exchange here KB and OFG....wish I had strong feelings here, but I don't. I do think that the Dan boot needs to be set up a bit...I loved what KB suggested, but how about if Sally and TERRY were to secretly bond somehow, leaving Dan out of the loop....that could sure anger and build resentment...OR, because Austin and Nick are sick, perhaps Terry/Sally/Dan proceed to eat all of the food and drink more than their fair share of the wine, not saving much at all for the sick ones....which angers Nick and Austin...

Then with the teasers regarding the RC:
#1) Winning the Reward Challenge ends up being a raw deal for one tribe. This to me really sounds like whoever wins it cannot cook it...definately sounds more like Casaya than La Mina...

When I look at these teasers I really get Casaya vibes though....but I do get the feeling that they are speaking of the RC at hand, not the one from last week...these make me want to think that Casaya will win the RC and then the exilee will be from La Mina. I really think Bob Dawg and Shane could be hoarding the alcohol....I don't think that all of those bottles are wine, I think some of them are probably water bottles or something else, just as the reward for Judd's tribe was mixed root beer and beer...the wine could be what is limited, we just can't say.

if Casaya wins RC, the promo question about why is one Survivor requesting solitary confinement is no more than SeeBS spin off of a hypothetical comment by Aras. Which, given the chaos at Casaya, is indeed a perfectly rational comment and the blurb itself can serve as misdirection that someone from Casaya will be going....when in reality it's someone from La Mina that goes. Perhaps the La Mina that could be exiled refers to EI as "solitary confinement" as they now know that Terry has already gotten the hidden II, so there is nothing left to hope for on EI and indeed it is like solitary confinement, while in camp Casaya we see Aras commenting on EI, as he wouldn't mind going there due to the chaos in Casaya.

This is really a coin toss this week...

03-01-06, 09:14 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
KB, OFG and FP you each develop compelling arguments. Makes me realize spoiling isn't only predicting the outcome but showing how much better this program could be only if... A little Island romance between Sally and Austin, a face to face between Aras and BobDawg, one can only hope but this is CBS.

There is something we know: La Mina does better in water challenges and Casaya does better on land challenges. La Mina lost the puzzle challenge on water but led in the swimming part of it. RC doesn't seem to involve swimming, the caps show Bobby and Shane handling the fish and Nick collapsing on the mat. I'll go with a Casaya win. IC being underwater is made for La Mina (but we knew that!).

Am I right? I don't know, so to quote KB's wise words: "but it's rarely as good as the scenarios developed by the spoiling community..."

03-01-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-06 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

scenes may have occurred at Casaya that we were not shown (including after the IC when we only saw La Mina). These scenes might fit better in the Bob Dawg boot episode and they could be cut in, the time frame tweaked.

I really do think this is a possibility. VerucaSalt noted that one of Sally's confessionals from last week probably came from the time frame of tomorrow's episode; plus, Ruth Marie has said that she formed an alliance with Dan very early, so the scene last week of the Dan/Ruth final 5 conversation probably occurred earlier in time, before Misty got booted -- perhaps they didn't want to show that until the Ruth Marie boot episode.

If they are chopping things up willy nilly, it's possible they planned to show additional Casaya camp footage last week and even wrote a blurb to cover it; then the footage got moved to Episode 5 and they used the blurb without bothering to rewrite it for accuracy in terms of what the audience would be seeing. As we know, they are very sloppy.

But on the other hand...I try to keep in mind that the misdirection often blows minor events way out of proportion. That could be the case with the shared reward: it is simply two people who take a teensy-weensy bit more, and then maybe one person is heard commenting on that (as opposed to it "angering the whole tribe"). I don't think KB's Sally/Austin spec is out of the question. Or even Austin/Nick, if the "secret bonding" is a discussion of getting rid of Terry down the line, something we've not heard them muse about yet.

On the other other hand, they do need to set up Bob Dawg's boot somehow. (Or do they? They just don't seem to care about him.)

Okay, I realize I'm not helping the indecision here.

ETA a response to FP's observation about the "solitary confinement" -- FP's take could be right, since now I doubt Aras is the exile; he's in the flooded camp sequence which should follow the RC since Bob Dawg is wearing the same clothes. Bruce's and Aras's EI quotes are probably at the very beginning of the show. But as FP says, they could be just offhand remarks. We haven't heard anyone say they *want* to go to EI yet, so this is a new wrinkle for the show to play up. But it needn't indicate anything about who will be going to EI this week.

saucydiva 21 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail saucydiva Click to send private message to saucydiva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
Hey everybody, long time lurker, first time poster. You guys are awesome and I thoroughly enjoy following the discussion. My analytical skills are not up to the challenge of developing a scenario that fits everything we've been given this week, but a couple tidbits keep coming back to bug me so I thought I'd toss them out there and maybe one of you can catch a ball and run with it. I don't mean any of these questions to be criticisms, just observations that something isn't quite making sense, in my opinion. Thanks for giving them some thought!

1. Why does it make sense, as some here have theorized, that the flooded Casaya footage follows RC? The few RC vidcaps we've been given do not suggest torrential rain so where'd all that water come from? It does seem to rain more often and more heavily at night, so doesn't it make sense that the flooding occurs at night and we are shown the awful aftermath the following morning?

2. This week's commmercials prominently feature the wrecked outhouse, so I would not be surprised if this Reward somehow breeds resentment this week (even though it is last week's reward).

3. Does the blurb state that the "reward challenge breeds resentment"? If so, that doesn't specify that the resentment is among the winning tribe. Members of the losing tribe could resent the winning tribe, or members of the losing tribe could resent the poor attitude or performance of their fellow tribe members. I don't have the whole quote in front of me right now so I may be reading too much into it, but these seem like reasonable possibilities.

4. In Ruth Marie's interview on Survivor Live she said that Nick was already sick and wishing to go home prior to the last IC. That's why he volunteered to be the bucket pourer, because he didn't feel good. Does that help anybody's interpretation? Seems like a lot of people are banking on Bob Dawg's ejection from the game this week but I would not be surprised to see Nick go. We've barely been shown the Dawg aspect of our dear Bob, and Probst's pregame comments seemed to suggest that we'd consider Bob a colorful guy from how he talks (so far it's been all about how he behaves or, more accurately, misbehaves, other than his spot-on Ep 1 characterizations of "the Golden Girls, the Love Boat" etc). I guess I just don't think Bob's story is finished yet, while Nick's character has been made clear (via his opinions of Terry's "hollow rationalization" etc as well as the general consensus that Austin speaks for him which does not bode well for him in the long term) and he is sick now.

5. Regarding the "raw deal" for the reward winners, can you imagine that La Mina with SuperTerry in the hizzouse can't build a cooking fire? Seems highly unlikely unless they are as flooded as Casaya, and we haven't been shown anything to suggest that, have we? Even if they did get heavy rain, they were smarter in how they situated their camp.

6. Here's another twist on a "raw deal" for the reward winners. What if this week's exiled player has to come from the winning tribe? Congratulations, you guys get a bunch of fish but, sorry, you have to banish someone. If that's the case, I could see Terry volunteering to go to EI and I could see La Mina failing to start a cooking fire. OR, this scenario could easily breed resentment if the exiled player didn't want to go.

7. Although it is a widely used cliche and might not be meant in this context, the phrase "all's fair in love and war" gave me the impression that the secretly bonding ones will be a male/female pair, and I think Austin/Sally makes a lot of sense since flirting was their whole strategy going in and now Austin's pal Nick is showing weakness by being sick. Austin needs a Plan B.

Wow, so, I don't know if any of this makes sense but please dissect it as you see fit. Thanks for the opportunity to share my opinions.

Saucydiva

03-01-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
Wow, Saucy D, you sure do make a great first impression! Hope you will be willing to share your ideas regularly! GREAT thoughts! Welcome to Blows!

fp

03-01-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
I second that!! Stick around...your analytical skills seem pretty good!!

03-01-06, 05:26 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-06 AT 05:30 PM (EST)

I third it.

Re No. 1: The thing with the flood is that my impression is that they have come back from somewhere and found the camp wrecked. Courtney says, “We lost our home;" Cirie says, “Everything is wet – we don’t have any dry wood for fire.” Aras and Shane are staring into the shelter in disbelief. They all seem surprised. If the flood were during the night they were all at camp -- so what, did they all just sleep through it and were totally shocked in the morning?

Anyway, it doesn't have to be right after the RC, but I do think it's after the RC as opposed to before it, which makes it helpful in trying to determine the exile (our biggest problem this week.)

Re No. 3: the blurb does says the reward challenge breeds resentment in the *winning* tribe.

Re No. 6: I've been wondering if maybe both tribes have to exile someone this week, although I'm also thinking they'd hype that in the previews when it happens. But Jeff Probst has made a point of saying that every week *at least* one will go, so they must plan to send more than one at some point. It would also continue the tradition of having an RC where the winning tribe is punished along with the losing tribe that they've used as the basis for the dual TC's in the last few installments.

03-01-06, 05:46 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
I feel ignored in this thread, so I'll re-state what I said in post #17 above:

It seems to me that the flood at Casaya is the source of the chaos and confusion hampering the decision. It must hit after IC and before TC. It says the chaos hampers the decision, that has to mean that the normal politicking is interrupted, in this case by a flood. Unfortunately that also means we have no clues as to who might be exiled on Casaya (if in fact they lose RC too), as the exilee would be back at camp after the IC. Also takes out the argument that Casaya wins RC and can't cook it, because it looks like the flood happens IC day.

I honestly think that the Casaya flood pics do nothing to help us with the exilee, I strongly believe they come back from IC to find the camp in disarray.

But of course, feel free to ignore me as usual, lol.

03-01-06, 05:57 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
No, I won't ignore you, you can't make me.

After I posted I started thinking, why not after the IC? and was looking to see if anyone had brought that up. And, lo and behold...

And yeah, you're right, it doesn't rule out anyone from Casaya as the exile. So back to square one with that...

Well, we still have 24 hours to figure this out.

03-01-06, 06:43 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Sally and Austin?"
Hey Cat! Thanks for sharing all your insights!

Looking at the vidcaps and doing a comparison of the clothing worn by Shane and Bobby, in the flood shots and during the RC, it appears that the flood shots are taken just before they leave for the RC, just after they get back, or some combination.

The shots of the IC show Jeff standing in the sun, show bright sum reflecting off og the coffins underwater, etc.

The timetable that makes the most sense to me is Return from TC, followed by heavy rain and perhaps high tide, survey of the flooded Casaya camp, RC, exile Terry sent to "solitary confinement", selfish secret bonding with the pasrt of the reward that doesn't need cooking. The next day Aras and Bruce are shown on the beach thinking that Exile Island might not be that bad...too bad they won the RC.

Leading up to the IC the Casaya tribe has been on quite a winning streak, so if they were to actually lose a challenge it would probably catch them off guard, causing "Chaos and confusion", because they haven't really had to think about it for a while.

I think we all jumped to the quick conclusion that the Chaos and Confusion had to be related to the flood, but I don't think that necessarily has to be the case...last week the confrontations between Shane and Danielle, this week the dissention breeding reward, followed by an unexpected trip to TC...that sounds like more than enough to cause chaos and confusion.

Krautboy

03-01-06, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail saucydiva Click to send private message to saucydiva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "chaos and confusion"
I agree that "chaos and confusion" sounds a lot more like a Casaya trait than La Mina, but I think a reasonable "chaotic and confused afternoon before La Mina goes to Tribal Council scenario" easily can be described:

if Nick is really sick and whining about wanting to go home, Dan is feeling betrayed over Ruth Marie's ouster, Austin is scrambling to get a Plan B, Terry is being pulled in different directions by Austin and Dan about whether to ditch the sick guy or the estrogen, and Sally is plying her feminine wiles on anybody who'll pay attention for half a minute... Maybe one minute Nick wants to be voted off and the next minute he wants to stay.

In my heart I'm still leaning toward a Casaya TC because their flood surely causes chaos and their "spark goes out" and because the CBS blurbage about the sick people impacting the outcome of IC is probably false, but I'm just sayin...

Saucydiva

03-02-06, 05:12 AM (EST)
53. "RE: chaos and confusion"
hey, saucydiva,
enjoyed your first posts, welcome!
lots of good thoughts today ... I'm pretty much back to my original thoughts that Casaya wins reward ... I think Nick and Austin get sick before the RC and that doesn't help La Mina. This increases their concerns about rallying for the IC and would fit with the "dire straits" comment by Austin.

My current gut feeling is that Bruce requests exile, even though his team wins RC, and I know that probably sounds bizarre, but I think Casaya provides the exile this week. Most likely I am totally wrong, sometimes it's just necessary to follow instincts and kick myself afterwards.

03-02-06, 06:14 PM (EST)
63. "RE: chaos and confusion"
"chaos and confusion"
I swear that every time I read about this episode Led Zeppelin's Dazed and Confused is playing in my mental background.

I'm grateful that one won out actually, as I could be endlessly looping a witty Gilbert and Sullivan ditty entitled "For Cod's Sake."

Next week -- Salvation and Desertion -- will there be a gospel choir? I hear it now, or maybe some old blues or Bonnie Raitt.

*sorry not to add to the "spoilage" of our fish story, just wondering if anyone else is hearing Zeppelin echoes ...

oh yeah, I decided last night that I think Bruce gets exiled, so I am having to buck TDT's choice of Danielle.

03-02-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
54. "WAVES to CAT!"
Waves to CAT! Hiya cat! I'm not ignoring you either! I'm just with the little German boy on this one. I think that the flood comes when they perhaps are returning from the RC...no dry wood to cook the fish, but lots of wine to drown their sorrows in....I also think we need to see Bob Dawg being a very bad dawg. I think that Terry or Dan could be exiled, and no Terry means things are pretty dire at La Mina as well with sick Nick and Austin, can they rally for the IC, in a word, YES!

03-02-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
55. "another possible "raw deal""
>I think that the flood comes when they (Casaya) perhaps are returning from the RC...

Ha ha, it's like a twisted Biblical revenge -- the god of cod did verily cause the skies to open and visit unto Casaya a mighty flood...

maybe their prize fishies swim away in the floodwaters.

sd

03-02-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
57. "RE: another possible "raw deal""
Welcome Saucydiva! I've enjoyed your posts and hope you will continue to join our discussions. Your a great addition to our community.

Seems that we are coming back full circle to the "raw deal" being the sickness that follows the RC feast. It now seems clear that La Mina wins the RC, Nick and Austins systems can't handle the food and they become sick leading up the the IC, where they finally start to recover in time to help send Bobby home.

Krautboy

03-02-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
56. "Interesting..."

Interesting to note that if Casaya wins the RC this week that would mean that 3 of these teasers apply to Casaya while only one applies to La Mina. But, if La Mina wins the RC, than 2 could apply to each Casaya and La Mina

Question: Do the teasers usually tell about both tribes equally?

03-02-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Interesting..."
Good point FP. There are exceptions, but an equal distribution is usually the rule...

Krautboy

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "The Reward"

Not sure where to put this, and since I'm NEVER right I'll just slap it in right here.

Why are we assuming that the reward will be a bunch of fish just because a clue says "raw" deal? What kind of reward would that be since there are lots of fish around there? (even though they can't seem to catch any) Wouldn't that be kind of like giving them a basket of coconuts for reward?

Since they presumably get some type of feast to go with their wine, and a clue says raw, why couldn't it be something like a large assortment of sushi, oysters, and things like that? Something that was MEANT to be eaten raw.

I know if I were to eat anything like that it would make me sick because I can't stand it. And I can just imagine the havoc it could cause to people that haven't eaten in 12 days or so. Since Nick and Austin are shown being sick, maybe they love sushi and overindulge, fitting another clue about selfishly sharing a reward.

03-02-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
61. "RE: The Reward"
I like that idea, Knuckles! I was also wondering when I saw the big bucket/tub of wine bottles all set up on a table, if possibly the feast could be eaten at the challenge site???

03-02-06, 03:21 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Interesting..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-06 AT 05:34 PM (EST)

It could only be 2/2 if La Mina wins the RC but No. 2 is actually about Casaya in reference to the articles they won last week.

03-02-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Interesting..."
Thanks BR,
I was just going to say that.
1 and 3 -- La Mina
2 and 4 -- Casaya

That would work best if
1) The RC happens on Day 2 of this episode and there is a day for Bob to get in trouble
2) CBS shuffled a teaser originally written for last week along with Casaya footage (re the shower use) they bumped from its real time frame to Ep 5.

At the point the flood happens, we know Casaya doesn't have any Casa left for Dawg to hawg.

jenjk 15 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenjk Click to send private message to jenjk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Interesting..."

>
>#2) A couple of Survivors secretly
>bond when they selfishly share
>one of the Reward prizes
>and anger their tribemates.
>

I was just looking at the episode description on my digital cable and it has a little different wording regarding #2.

"Two castaways get into trouble when their tribe members discover that they secretly consumed part of a reward without consulting anyone else. Also, two players become ill and are drained for the next day's immunity challenge."

I don't think any of the other teasers use the word "consumed". Don't know how accurate the episode descriptions are or where they come from.

I know its late notice for this but I thought I would add it!

Jennifer

03-02-06, 07:46 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Interesting..."
That is interesting!
This one separates out the two and the two a bit more, as if they are different pairs. Plus it really emphasizes the getting into trouble aspect that we haven't talked about much (although it's been foremost in my mind).

Who knows though who wrote it, whether it's a revision of info from CBS or comes direct.

Something to check next week, especially if it's right on. Thanks Jennifer!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •