The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Funk Brothers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Funk Brothers"
I would have been happy to listen to the band, rather than any singing (for the most part), last night. It was nice to hear credit given the Funk Brothers. I also thought a great band underscored how bad several performances were.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Funk Brothers Breezy 03-31-04 1
 RE: The Funk Brothers ElroyJetson 03-31-04 2
   RE: The Funk Brothers CantStandToLook 03-31-04 3
   RE: The Funk Brothers AugustGirl 03-31-04 4
       RE: The Funk Brothers ginger 03-31-04 5
           RE: The Funk Brothers mrc 03-31-04 6
           RE: The Funk Brothers Breezy 03-31-04 7
               RE: The Funk Brothers ginger 03-31-04 9
                   RE: The Funk Brothers ElroyJetson 03-31-04 11
               RE: The Funk Brothers CantStandToLook 03-31-04 12
                   RE: The Funk Brothers Breezy 03-31-04 13
                       RE: The Funk Brothers CantStandToLook 03-31-04 14
                   CSTL!!!!! AugustGirl 03-31-04 17
           RE: The Funk Brothers greenmonstah 03-31-04 8
               RE: The Funk Brothers ginger 03-31-04 10
                   RE: The Funk Brothers AugustGirl 03-31-04 18
                       RE: The Funk Brothers ginger 03-31-04 21
 RE: The Funk Brothers managerr 03-31-04 15
   RE: The Funk Brothers ginger 03-31-04 16
 RE: The Funk Brothers geg6 03-31-04 19
   RE: The Funk Brothers ElroyJetson 03-31-04 20
       RE: The Funk Brothers ginger 03-31-04 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
Me too! The band was funked out!

Hi Ginger.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-31-04, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
I was waiting for them to start cracking up during Johnny-red's performance.

Funkin' awesome band!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
I was more expecting them to just stop playing so maybe he would actually be in tune for a change.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
" Grandpa was driving with his 9 year old granddaughter and beeped the horn by mistake. She turned and looked at him for an explanation. He said, "I did that by accident." She replied, "I know that, Grandpa." He replied, "How did you know?" She said, "Because you didn't say
"*sshole!" afterwards."

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
Cracking up? I was waiting for them to walk off the stage.

*waves* to ginger and Breezy

03-31-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
There were times I felt like it was cruel to have so fine a band backing up so much suckage. They are to be given credit for not rolling their eyes or making finger-in-mouth vomit gestures during the breaks.

But when George took the stage, it was like years rolling back to some Detroit studio, you know?

*waving madly to Auggie and Breezy*

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
In (weak) defense of the contestants, I think so many of them had problems b/c of the band. It sounded like the band overwhelmed some of them at times. Granted, it was the Idols with the the weaker voices, and they should have adjusted during rehearsal. Regardless of the nauseating poor vocal performances, the Funk Brothers funked it out!

03-31-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
Oh yes George blended with them very nicely.
Except for his towel.

*waves* to Hot Lips and Ginger

03-31-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
Yeah, what was up with that?

Does Dad carry a towel, too? Hope this does not become the equivalent of Ruben's stupid t-shirts.

03-31-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
Yeah, what was up with that?

I think it's a Luther Vandross/Barry White/James Brown Motown thing.

The Second Cousin Once Removed of Soul

03-31-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
I wish someone would get him a dance couch...he looks like he's about to go poopy in his diaper when he starts that bouncing crap every week.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"guess I'm gonna have to get nekkid for augie to see me...*waving* madly at anyone who will notice "

03-31-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
He's got a mess in his pants and he does a funky dance.

I'd wave but my hands are now covering my eyes, nekkid CSTL? *peek*

03-31-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
A funky chicken dance....all he needs to do know is cluck when he does it.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"oh no..I thought I was invisble...better put my clothes back on..*giggle*"

03-31-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "CSTL!!!!!"
*jumping up and down waving like crazy to CSTL*

Sorry sweetie, I think we both posted at about the same time and then I went to lunch.

You KNOW I lvoe you! *smooches*

Now, put your clothes back on!

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
"But when George took the stage, it was like years rolling back to some Detroit studio, you know?"

Are you channeling Randy again, Ginger?

03-31-04, 12:01 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
Aiight, you found me out, Dawg.

I am actually a well-stapled African American male record producer and ex-Journey member. My carefully crafted faux identity as a cranky single redhaired Jewish mom with a teenage girl named Sneetch has been revealed as the sham it is.

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling little monstahs!

Next week I will post as Madeline Albright. Or Idi Amin; not sure which yet.

03-31-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
I *knew* that was you.

with apologies to Dweezil. The peep, not the cat.

03-31-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Funk Brothers"

I was going to be Simon, but the creeping pants thing turned me off to the idea.

His dockers are up to his nipples. Any higher and he's wearing a jumpsuit.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-31-04, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
My Reaction after the first couple of performances: They need to tone the band down or turn the mic up! They are drowning out the performances!!!

My Reaction after the show: They should have had the band drown out the singers more!

03-31-04, 12:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
Further, I think the band should not have to "adjust" (play softer) because a singer can't project. The singers needed adjustment.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-04 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

How cool was that, to have the legendary Funk Brothers? Too bad there was only one contestant who was worthy of having them as his backing band...George! I think they gave these kids a lesson in professionalism by not walking out on some of these no-talents.

Edited to say: Do you think some of the younger ones had any idea who they were supposedly fronting?

03-31-04, 12:52 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
How cool was that, to have the legendary Funk Brothers?

I wish they were the permanent American Idol house band!

03-31-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The Funk Brothers"
Yes, we kind of learned how feeble the "house band" really is, didn't we? Although hard to imagine the Funk Bros. doing country western nite.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •