The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-06, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Flowerpower 02-03-06 1
   RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps KObrien_fan 02-03-06 2
       RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Flowerpower 02-03-06 3
           RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps PhillyBrat 02-03-06 10
 Reward Challenge winner? Flowerpower 02-03-06 4
 RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Scarlett O Hara 02-03-06 5
   RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Survivorerist 02-03-06 11
 Tribal Breakdown: Flowerpower 02-03-06 6
   RE: Tribal Breakdown: michel 02-03-06 7
       RE: Tribal Breakdown: Flowerpower 02-03-06 8
       RE: Tribal Breakdown: Brownroach 02-03-06 9
           RE: Tribal Breakdown: michel 02-03-06 12
   RE: Tribal Breakdown: Steph_Fan 02-03-06 14
       RE: Tribal Breakdown: Brownroach 02-03-06 15
           RE: Tribal Breakdown: Steph_Fan 02-03-06 16
           RE: Tribal Breakdown: Flowerpower 02-03-06 17
               RE: Tribal Breakdown: emydi 02-03-06 18
                   RE: Tribal Breakdown: Brownroach 02-03-06 19
                       RE: Tribal Breakdown: emydi 02-03-06 20
                           RE: Tribal Breakdown: Brownroach 02-03-06 21
                               RE: Tribal Breakdown: PepeLePew13 02-04-06 27
 RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Scarlett O Hara 02-03-06 13
   RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Brownroach 02-03-06 22
       RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Flowerpower 02-03-06 23
           RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps vince3 02-03-06 24
               RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps emydi 02-03-06 25
                   RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Flowerpower 02-04-06 26
                       RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps michel 02-04-06 28
                           RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps emydi 02-04-06 29
                               RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Flowerpower 02-04-06 30
                                   RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps emydi 02-04-06 32
                                       RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps mommamia 02-04-06 33
                                           RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Flowerpower 02-05-06 34
                                               RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps--Shirt Ta... Carnac The Adequate 02-06-06 36
                                               RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Brownroach 02-06-06 37
                                                   RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Flowerpower 02-06-06 38
                                       RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps Flowerpower 02-05-06 35
 Who picks'em michel 02-04-06 31
 OFG Theory Flowerpower 02-08-06 39
   RE: OFG Theory emydi 02-08-06 40
       RE: the Bruce "Bounce" Carnac The Adequate 02-08-06 42
           RE: the Bruce "Bounce" Brownroach 02-08-06 43
               RE: the Bruce "Bounce" emydi 02-08-06 44
                   RE: the Bruce "Bounce" Carnac The Adequate 02-08-06 46
               RE: the Bruce "Bounce" michel 02-08-06 45
                   RE: the Bruce "Bounce" Brownroach 02-08-06 47
   RE: OFG Theory Brownroach 02-08-06 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-03-06, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-06 AT 07:24 AM (EST)

Okay,Cap 3 shows a challenge area on Exile Island, with some netting in the upper left side of the frame, and next to that some fenced in area beside it, and round disc areas to the right.

Cap 5: Shows pens with a lattice type, criss-crossing pattern in it, and Jiffy next to the covered reward table. So this challenge is the RC.

Cap6: The Daws are here gathered at the start of the RC on Exile Island, and they are lined up by their 4 respective tribes. Jiffy is next to the covered reward table.

Cap8 and 9: Here they are lined up differently, so can we assume that the school yard pick'em will be at the beginning of the RC...here we see Misty, in cap 6 was lined up next to Danielle and Sally, and in cap 8 and 9 she's now between Nick and Austin.

Cirie was by Melinda in cap 6, but now she's next to Aras and Bob Dawg...

So can we assume that Misty ends up on Austin's and Nicks tribe, while Cirie ends up on Aras and Bob Dawg's tribe...

The caps of Bruce standing next to Shane doesn't really tell us much as they were standing next to each other originally...maybe this is when Jiffy tells them they are going to split into 2 tribes...OR....are these the last 2 standing?

Judging from the voiceover and when we see Cirie saying "Shane wants to quit, so let him!", I'd say that Cirie ends up on Shane, Aras, and Bob Dawg's tribe...

Cap 13 is Shane and I think Bruce(judging from his hat) probably the morning after TC...

Cap 23: Where did this guy get this blankie??? The reward winner perhaps???

Is this guy with the blankie, Terry?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
The guy with the blanket looks like Nick.

02-03-06, 07:34 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-06 AT 08:34 AM (EST)

Here's a pic from Survivor Phoenix of them all lined up at the beginning....note the disc shaped starting mats in between Jiffy and the daws....

And from TDT, a few shots of the opening sequence than may help us with Ep 2:

Nick looks like he's on the orange team...La Mina...with Misty and Austin.

If you look at Dan's right wrist here, you can see the orange buff....
But, are Misty and Ruth Marie on the purple tribe(Casaya)? I don't know, their buffs look more blue to me, have they been doctored?

Looks like Courtney is on the purple tribe(Casaya)...

ETA: Also in this pick of Nick at the orange area, is that pant leg there that is blue with some red on the side, Terry, Those are his trunks....

For comparison:

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-03-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
If we know that ep 2 is the school pickem style of how the tribes are divided.

Maybe the disks are used to see who is going to be the starting player that picks the tribe?

Would they do the pickings like the did in Palau? (When picked you choose the next player.)

02-03-06, 07:58 AM (EST)
4. "Reward Challenge winner?"
I think I agree with KO_fan that the guy with the blankie:

...looks like Nick:

...So, orange tribe, La Mina is winner of the RC?

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
FWIW, I couldn't help but notice that Misty had more confessionals than anyone last night. Therefore, it leads me to believe that whoever the Exilee is, will most likely have MORE confessionals or at least, a higher confessional count than some of the other survivors. Given that, it is more likely that we MAY see the EXILEE appear more in the vidcaps in a confessional.

Just my two cents.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-03-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
They might have just wanted to play up the concept of the exilee in episode 1 while it was still fresh. It's a good theory though and one worth watching for.

-----------

~Erist

02-03-06, 09:55 AM (EST)
6. "Tribal Breakdown:"
Using all of the vidcaps up above and the conclusions we can draw here's how I see the tribal split so far:

Orange Tribe, winner of the RC ep 2, La Mina:

Nick, Misty, Austin, Dan, Terry, Ruth Marie

Purple Tribe, Casaya:

Courtney, Cirie, Aras, Bob Dawg, Shane, Bruce

All we need to do is find out where Melinda, Danielle, and Sally are...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
Next week's clues says something like the last survivor left during the new tribe picks is worried but then Jeff reveals a new twist. Considering CBS probably wants to keep teams balanced, I think one of these three women (Melinda, Danielle or Sally) could be the next exiled. I know previews seem to point to Shane but what if the one left behind avoids IC and joins whichever tribe looses after that TC? Of those 3, Melinda would most likely be last picked.

02-03-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
From the deductions of the tribal breakdown, and seeing Nick(La Mina) with the blanket, we can assume that the La Mina's will win the challenge, so therefore one of the Casaya tribe will go to Exile Island. So one of Bruce, Shane, Cirie, Aras, Bob Dawg, and 2 other choices...

The caps of Shane from the preview vidcaps with the thunderstorm show him in front of a structure, therefore not at Exile Island. You are right, I don't think it will be Shane going to EI...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
what if the one left behind avoids IC and joins whichever tribe looses after that TC?

But isn't that sort of making the exilee immune from being voted out whether they find the hidden idol or not? In theory they'd be on whichever tribe loses the IC as soon as the challenge is over.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

02-03-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
From the way that misdirection is phrased, there will be a twist reserved for the person that isn't picked. Lisa in Vanuatu got to choose her tribe. Here we'd have even tribes of 4 men and 3 women. Why not leave that extra person behind? The occasion seems too good to pass up. Why put her on a team only to have someone sit out. Returning after TC would mean immunity but why not? It puts a twist on the decision of not picking that person. You will have to vote out someone you chose only to have that person replaced with the one you neglected. Ironic isn't it? I'd even consider having that person come back to witness her new tribe's TC.

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-03-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
Hi, I'll try to help the cause to figure out where Melinda, Sally and Danielle fall out in the pick 'em.

In this picture from the web promo thread, I think that is Sally is the black tank top behind Ruth Marie in the pink. So that would put her on La Mina (if I am correct that this is the challenge they compete in as mixed up tribes.

02-03-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
And isn't that Melinda behind Cirie here, thus putting them on the same tribe?

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-03-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
Yeah, that could be her red shirt and it looks like her body type. So where is Danielle? The odd woman out?

02-03-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
Yes, good eyes!

Orange, La Mina: Nick, Misty, Austin, Terry, Dan, Ruth Marie, Sally

Purple, Casaya: Bruce, Shane, Cirie, Aras, Bob Dawg, Melinda, Courtney

...that leaves the only unaccounted survivor as Danielle...

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
I am deemed queen of EI and get immunity up until F3

Interesting teams...the only 2 from La Mina that are destined for the jury per Chillone are Terry/Dan--the flying alliance

If it is a pickem, I'm sure there will be a contest to see who starts the picking...and if Jiffy tells them the twist of the 15th player--last to be picked (or not to be picked-that is the question) some may not want to win...Will Danielle be the last one to be picked...I doubt it..She is athletic and she was the chosen one to run for the younger women at the first RC. The only way I see that happening is if they are told that the 15th person stays on EI and others want her to stay bc she didn't have to after 'losing' the 1st RC.

If that is the case, then does Danielle effectively get one free immunity and replaces the person that is voted out in ep 2?

Do we know which challenge is which yet...FP..get on it--what are you slacking off???

Boston Rob + Steph = ME!

02-03-06, 04:06 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
the only 2 from La Mina that are destined for the jury per Chillone are Terry/Dan--the flying alliance

Dan isn't necessarily destined for C1's jury.

02-03-06, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
You're right, BR...by elimination I have him there as a best guess...but it could be someone else.

FTR, TDT has Danielle on Casaya but I didn't see the pic he used to do so...

02-03-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-06 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

I think it's the caps of them running down/jumping off the ladder onto the purple mat that's partially obscured by the skull graphics, in the webpromo -- Danielle is the girl in the bikini. I think.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Tribal Breakdown:"
Yup, no question that Danielle is there and active:

Check out my Survivor Guatemala Finale episode summary

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-06, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
Because we know that there will be a school yard "Pick 'em" style tribal selection, I'm thinking that the two who choose will be the oldest male aka Bruce and the youngest female, aka Danielle and both of their tribes came in first and second in the immunity challenge this past week.

02-03-06, 07:16 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
It would seem the pickers choose not only by gender but from all four original tribes evenly:

Viveros:
Aras / Bobby = now on Casaya
Nick / Austin = now on La Mina

Bayoneta:
Danielle / Courtney = now on Casaya
Misty / Sally = now on La Mina

Casaya:
Cirie / Melinda = still on Casaya
Ruth Marie = now on La Mina

La Mina:
Terry / Dan = still on La Mina
Shane = now on Casaya; theoretically then, Bruce should also be on the Casaya tribe (but then there is that "twist" regarding the last person left).

02-03-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
Ahhhhh, BR, are you inferring that our Bruce could be the last pick.....and where is he? At first I was fooled by that vidcap of Bruce with Shane smacking his hand up to his head, thinking that Bruce and Shane end up on the same tribe, but that is not definitive proof....he could wind up on the other tribe, opposite of Shane, on La Mina....and where is he....not accounted for in the vidcaps....could he be on EI at all, if he's the last one picked?

CO noted that he was sent to EI early in the game, but came back to help his tribe win the IC....we shouldn't factor in these spoilers just on their say so, we really have to examine the facts that we get...so, where is he?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
Remember, after the pick the tribes will be 8-7. If he ends up on the 8 tribe, somenone has to sit. Perhaps it's Bruce?

Because 3 Vinces are better than one.

02-03-06, 10:53 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-06 AT 10:55 PM (EST)

Right, vince! GO STEELERS

TDT thinks Bruce sits out....he may do that in RC..I don't see him in any of the pix that appear to be the RC (on land challenge with crawling under bars and walking across bars)

One Option

Bruce is on Casaya and sits out and then when they lose he agrees to stay on EI...seems like something Mr. Myagi would do...

2nd option

The other option is that the last person picked (ie Bruce) just stays on EI and they do the RC on one of the other islands. I can't tell from vidcaps...can anyone help to determine where that challenge (which I think is the RC) is held?

Corvis thought maybe part of the reward was that the winning team wins the last player...he changed his mind when Danielle was confirmed to be on Casaya.

But Corvis, I think you may very well still be right (who says the tribes have to be 4/4 men). Bruce is left on EI and he does not know which tribe he'll be on until he returns for IC the next day after being the last one picked.

This could explain his absence in land challenge and absence of him being shown with any buff on....

Because of the blanket shot, La Mina wins RC and Bruce becomes part of La Mina with Dan/Terry...good for Bruce...even better for Shane on Casaya...he gets away from the "morons" but he now has to put up with Courtney the turtle freak and Aras the supernatural yoga instructor. But maybe Aras can teach Shane some yoga to relax him and help him with his "DETOX" Seems like something Aras would do.

Therefore, if Bruce is the Exile and then supposedly he comes back to La Mina as part of the REWARD and wins the IC (can he swim well--it appears that IC is the big head challenge from TV Guide special)for his team...then Casaya would go to TC and BDawg would likely be gone. Maybe he gets on everyone's nerves and "loses" the IC for them in some way...

I'm thinking Aras has a connection with Courtney and then is torn btw an going with an alliance of Shane/Danielle (they seem like they will click) or going with B Dawg/Cirie/Melinda. From what I know of C1's spoilers and editing I think he ends up with Shane/Danielle/Courtney.

The problem is that everyone on this tribe EXCEPT BDawg is "destined" to make it to at least F9 per C1...so if they lose the IC in ep 2, barring a switch, Casaya would have to go on a Koror type immunity run against the likes of the Flying alliance with Tom II leading La Mina and win the rest of the ICs before supposed merge at 10. Could this happen? If it does..how ironic would that be?

Right now, my early picks are Bruce as the Exile and BDawg as the boot...but remember it is VERY early and I could be VERY wrong!!

02-04-06, 07:28 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
The problem is that everyone on this tribe EXCEPT BDawg is "destined" to make it to at least F9 per C1...so if they lose the IC in ep 2, barring a switch, Casaya would have to go on a Koror type immunity run against the likes of the Flying alliance with Tom II leading La Mina and win the rest of the ICs before supposed merge at 10.

Emy, you are discounting any type of tribal reshuffle prior to the merge though....and I am confident that will happen at some point....So perhaps if this is the way it plays out, and La Mina were to sweep the challenges in ep2, then Casaya would go on an early IC run up until the swap perhaps...

02-04-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-06 AT 02:36 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-04-06 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

Not to mention that Sally or Ruth could be one of the blondes or that Dan or Nick could be the tall and skinny man.

OR THAT CHILLONE COULD BE WRONG!!

A team with Melinda and Cirie that would boot BobDawg couldn't go on an immunity run!

02-04-06, 02:48 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-06 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

From what I've read, to me the blond hilite girl is Melinda...

I have Dan as the other person in F9 but it could be someone else.

I think Bruce may end up on La Mina with Dan and Terry.

I did say, barring a switch...Casaya would have to go on an all out immunity run. So I do think another switch will happen but when it does, the Casaya members end up being the majority on both teams or someone is able to switch someone like Steph and Jamie did with Judd in Guatemala.

It may be that BDawg just pisses them off too much..with the way he talks, etc. He also could be the person that disappoints his team and does not get them food. (from CBmiSdirection) We know Casaya loses the RC from the blanket on Nick from La Mina.

Also, it could be that La Mina loses the IC this week...and another woman goes (Misty?). We really do not have much to go on in vidcaps from the water challenge..which for now I think is the IC.

But from the spoilers out there BDawg is most likely the first and only booted Casaya member (as it is formed in ep. 2) and who does not make it to jury.

02-04-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
But from the spoilers out there BDawg is most likely the first and only booted Casaya member (as it is formed in ep. 2) and who does not make it to jury.

Well, if we get better vidcaps of the underwater challenge and get a hint or 2 as to winner, and it ends up being Casaya, it sure will make our boot choice much easier....

02-04-06, 08:51 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-06 AT 08:53 PM (EST)

FP, This tribal breakdown is really making me struggle with what occurs bc of the C1 spoilers!!

If Casaya does in fact lose the IC in ep. 2, then Bobby must be our boot (IF C1 is to be believed). Then until a switch occurs, at least a few more weeks imho, Casaya would have to go on an IC run- can they do it? Bc of this, just to have some options in the next couple of weeks, I'm thinking that Casaya does pull out an IC win in ep. 2 and one of the La Mina women goes (Misty, RM or Sally based on editing thus far) in Ep 2.

But for right now, I'm thinking that this occurs:

Bruce is EXILE and is WON BY LA MINA

I think Bruce will be the last person to be picked and we know that there is a twist involved (and we know it is not that the last one picked leaves the game) rather I'm almost convinced that the twist is the person just stays behind on Exile Island.

Evidence:

a. We do not see Bruce participating in RC at all.

b. Now I'm not a vidcap expert, but the RC challenge sure looks like it has a lot of "equipment" and EI is not that big of an island. They do the pickem on EI and just leave Bruce there and he does not know where he'll end up. RC is held on one of the bigger islands.

c. Bruce, as Corvis surmises, is part of the RC BOOTAY and La Mina gets him after winning the RC..but Bruce does not know that until he returns for IC.

1. We know La Mina wins bc of blankets Nick has and of the dejected faces of Aras and Courtney from ads.

2. If this does indeed occur, then we must remember the spoiler that Bruce goes to EI early and then comes back to help his tribe win a challenge. So if Bruce is the Exile, his team most likely wins the IC. If getting Bruce is part of La Mina's RC booty, per Corvis, then this supports a La Mina IC win and per C1 a Bobby boot

But there could be some other twist for Bruce as last picked. But I don't know what else it could be. Exile Island is to be very prominent, so for now, I have to believe that it is included in this twist.

Another option:
2. Bruce is NOT EXILE and ends up on Casaya (evening out men 4/4 on tribes). Courtney goes to EI as the RC 'goat.' TDT thinks this occurs.

If this occurs, then we have to wait for Bruce to help his tribe win a challenge (presumably Casaya) in the next few weeks. Then it really is just up for grabs as to who wins IC bc we do not have much to work with!

So for now I'm sticking w/ a Bobby boot oh yeah and of course a

STEELERS VICTORY!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

mommamia 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-04-06, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-06 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

Pardon me jumping in here. I was wondering if there is any chance that the background of Shane at night could be in or near the skull/shelter on EI? Or is there a chance that if he was the one exiled, that he wandered over to the challenge area?

02-05-06, 08:14 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-06 AT 09:55 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-05-06 AT 09:54 AM (EST)

I was wondering if there is any chance that the background of Shane at night could be in or near the skull/shelter on EI? Or is there a chance that if he was the one exiled, that he wandered over to the challenge area?

mommamia, I think that's an excellent question and one that has really bothered me as well, the more I think about it, the more I think Shane could indeed be over at EI in this shot...

Where exactly is Shane here....and what is he standing in front of? Could this be a makeshift shelter that he's constructed while over there, or is it near where the challenge was possibly shot, or is it at the Casaya camp? It DOES not look like the Casaya camp to me....

ETA pic of Casaya shelter:

This has gotten me to wonder, could he be the man that goes to EI early then comes back to help his team win the next challenge?

Carnac The Adequate 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-06-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to send private message to Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps--Shirt Tail/Tale"
If my analysis here is right, the vid cap of Shane at night in the rain may almost prove he is NOT the exile.

*--Exile occurs at/around RC.
*--In the group shot immediately prior to RC Shane is wearing his dark t-shirt.
*--In the photo in the rain he is wearing BOTH his dark t-shirt (with the white trim at the neck) AND the white button-down.

This would seem to indicate that the rain/night photo of him cannot be on EI, since he didn't have the white shirt with him at RC.

(unless that is his shirt that he has wrapped on his head ....)

Other opinions?

02-06-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
To me that looks like it could be part of the Casaya shelter structure, perhaps viewed from the other side. I agree with Carnac, I don't think Shane is on EI in this sequence.

02-06-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-06 AT 01:49 PM (EST)

Love the feedback on the shot of Shane in the rain Carnac and BR. To me the shelter that he's standing in front off definately doesn't look like the Casaya shelter, as that was really framed using those two trees. But, I can not rule out if this is the La Mina shelter that the guys built.....OR is it a makeshift shelter that he built on EI. If it is the La Mina shelter, that would place him there, the night of the first TC, as we know that later he'll be at the Casaya camp, where the tribe color is purple. So, if it is him in front of the men's, La Mina camp, then we can not rule him out as the one on exile island....

Thoughts...

ETA all of the vidcaps:
Here he is definitively at La Mina, note this is the same shirt that he's wearing for the RC...

So, where is he here seen with Bruce, with an orange buff around his wrist, in different clothes...

and then here he is in the thunderstorm:

Perhaps he is in the thunderstorm and gets soaking wet with his shirt and long pants on and covered button down shirt...then first thing in the AM he goes out with Bruce, having taken his buff off of his head and taken his wet shirts off and is just in his pants....then later that day, he's seen in confessional just before leaving for the rc, then last seen at the rc...still none of this can rule out that he's not exiled...

02-05-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Ep 2, Preview Vidcaps"
Ok emy, I'm going to make early predictions, it's all SPEC on my part...

La Mina and Casaya are divided...I do not know who will be the pickers...Bruce could be the last man standing, and he'll have to sit out. RC is run and La Mina wins, getting to absorb Bruce. Loser tribe Casaya has to choose one to exile....I'm thinking it may be Shane, or maybe Courtney at this point....nothing definitive.

Casaya shows up at the IC that is the previewed challenge with finding the skulls in the trunks underwater with the leaking glass bottom boats, and Casaya WINS it. Therefore La Mina marches on to TC. Dan and Terry are the two who may be in power, does that mean Nick and Austin are feeling vulnerable, or could it be Misty and Sally? One of these 4, imo, are most likely to be the boots. Bobby is going no where this ep...as I stress, this is all just early spec on my part...

02-04-06, 08:14 PM (EST)
31. "Who picks'em"
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-06 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

In the vidcap of Terry's intro where he is running in front of Dan with an orange buff, Misty with a blue buff and Ruth(?) with purple buff, we have a shirtless Aras(?) with a green buff (you can see it just next to the "y" in Terry. I think it is prior to the tribe formation where the winners of the race get to pick.
Terry, Austin and Aras would be my guess for the two captains.

02-08-06, 07:38 AM (EST)
39. "OFG Theory"
Okay, it's back to basics for me...

OFG theory:

Austin, Misty, Bruce, Nick, Shane, Cirie

With CO spoilers we can rule out Shane, Bruce and Cirie...so that leaves Austin, Misty, and Nick

Now add this with Corvis' confessional analysis: Nick, Misty, Sally, Danielle, Cirie, Melinda and Shane...

There are only 2 names on Corvis' list that also appear in the OFG theory....Misty or Nick. They are both on the La Mina tribe. So does that mean Bruce is indeed on Casaya, and he comes back from exile to win the IC for the Casaya tribe?

Hmmmm.....

02-08-06, 10:21 AM (EST)
40. "RE: OFG Theory"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-06 AT 10:24 AM (EST)

I'm now really confused!!

I looked at the Ep 2 vidcaps and you can clearly see the discs and the beginning of the RC obstacle course in the same vidcap and it appears that it is on EI. IS IT EI, FP? My feeling up to now is that Bruce somehow is left on EI...but I don't think so anymore.

FP are you sure the new Karate vidcap of Bruce is alone on EI? ent" If so how does he gets there? I DON'T KNOW!!

Bruce and Bobby stepping out...if Bruce is a picker then Bruce becomes a La Mina member and La Mina wins the RC so how could Bruce be on La Mina and the Exile??? He can't.

So the only way Bruce can be the Exile is if he is on Casaya. And if so, then he helps Casaya win and then I think based on editing and to see if she really found the hidden II, it is Misty who is the boot.

I am liking the idea the last person gets to switch with someone and they pick Bruce on La Mina and he gets relegated to Casaya...but he is not shown in any caps participating in the RC--so is he not the exile and Courtney is? Then who wins the darn IC...

What's going on here guys!!

02-08-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to send private message to Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: the Bruce "Bounce""
Part of what I'm trying to sort out here is ... why Bobbie and Bruce?

In the cap showing Jeff pointing at them and them stepping forward, WHY are Bobbie and Bruce the ones being selected as team captains?

My first thought was they were the two males at the "head of the line" in each male team, but Shane is to the left of Bruce.

My second thought was "alphabetical" ... but "A"-ras spoils that one.

My best guess is that they are the first males on each "half" of the line that are physically CLOSEST to the left-most disk in each color/shade grouping. (Shane is actually BETWEEN the sets of disks, leaving Bruce "closest.")

Jeff often uses such simple, arbitrary ways to "pick" people for tasks. (i.e. -- "X, you are closest to the voting-booth, you go cast your vote first.")

This seems to be a fairly reasonable way to wind up with Bobbie and Bruce picking; and, since there are more males than females, selecting two males to be the two pickers helps push forward the adgenda of not having a completely gender divided set of teams.

I also tend to agree that the "last Survivor" (odd-person out) gets to select a person on one of the teams to replace and leave on Exile Island; and that person sure looks like it would be Bruce, based on his reaction and his apparent absence from the RC challenge.

So I'm comfortable with Bruce as Picker and Exile.
(as explained below)

Let's look at the pick order then ...

These sorts of picks have regularly been made to go alternating male/female, so let's assume (I know, I know -- but it is the right word) that the boys are told to pick a girl next, and rotate from there.

Just guesstimating here, based on our knowledge of the pre-aligned tribes and the final breakdown of the tribes ...

Bobbie*............Bruce*
.Danielle............Ruth Marie
Aras................Nick
.Courtney...........Misty
Austin.............Terry
.Cirie(Melinda).....Sally
Shane..............Dan

Final -- Melinda (Cirie)

My primary criteria in putting out the picks this way is that we do seem to know what the final teams look like, and it appears to make sense that Bobbie would pick the younger/stronger LOOKING competitors, while Bruce would go for the more mature/savvy players (while also choosing for strength when possible).

It also makes sense that Bruce could safely "put off" choosing Dan and Terry until after picking some strength (Nick), because Dan and Terry will obviously be "low rank choices" on Bobbie's pick list. (Safe later-round drafts.) (See "Nash.")

In an enforced boy/girl choosing system, this seems like the logical pattern.

But there is -- what appears to be -- a logical break here, that goes against the known teams "post-pick."

Austin is (initially) picked to be on Casaya.

I just can't see Bobbie picking Austin AFTER any of the Older Men.

Here's how I think things fall out....

After picking for even teams, either Melinda or Cirie is left as the last woman out (probably Melinda, since we get to see Cirie with the team (between Bobbie and Aras), and looking shocked). She is offered the choice of which team to be on, with the caveat that which ever team she chooses to be on, she must pick the person she will REPLACE, and that player will go to the other team.

Either Melinda OR Cirie WILL choose to be on the same team as their existing alliance-mate. (They certainly appear to be closer to each other than they do with Ruth Marie.)

Throwing out Austin would also seem to be a choice that would follow their patterns (as in -- "let's get rid of Tina, we can't compete against her"), throwing out one of the stronger players -- but not the strongest -- and keeping the rest of the women (whom they feel more comfortable competing against).

This puts our schemers on the same team, and puts Austin over with La Mina, AND puts the women, numerically, in the driver's seat at Casaya.

La Mina then has to pick someone to sit out the RC. Bruce is a perfectly logical choice for this, OR ....

Austin, as the "offended party" in the pick-em, is then given the choice to pick someone on La Mina to "replace," and THAT person is made the Exile, to be returned to a new team later - a team he or she will not even be aware of until they arrive at the IC.

This is how I think Bruce gets to pick, AND Bruce gets left behind.

02-08-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
43. "RE: the Bruce "Bounce""
That's an interesting theory on the picks, Carnac.

I like the idea that the last person bumps someone of their choice from either tribe, who then sits out the challenge and also becomes the exile, and then that person may get to choose which tribe they want to return to. It does explain how Bruce could be a picker and then get bumped at the end.

02-08-06, 01:53 PM (EST)
44. "RE: the Bruce "Bounce""
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-06 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

So then, if Bruce and Bobby are the first pickers...then Bruce is originally on La Mina, bc we know Bobby is on Casaya.

So at that point we would have these:

Casaya--Bobby Aras Shane Danielle Courtney Cirie Melinda

La Mina--Bruce Terry Dan Nick Austin Misty Sally

So *just for this example* Ruth Marie Misty is the last to be picked and she decides to go to La Mina and replace Bruce as the first one (maybe they have to choose either "captain").

So we then have these teams:

Casaya--Bobby Aras Shane Danielle Courtney Cirie Melinda

La Mina--Terry Dan Nick Austin Misty Sally Ruth Marie

Bruce does not part. in RC but the RC is held on EI...from caps. and then is also the EXILE and stays behind and either bc he's exile, he goes back to LOSER of RC or he has to go back to the team opposite of the one he was originally on..

Therefore, at IC

Casaya--Bruce Bobby Aras Shane Danielle Courtney Cirie Melinda

and one (presumably Cirie sits out--I can't tell who anyone is in the few vidcaps of IC we have)

La Mina--Terry Dan Nick Austin Misty Sally Ruth Marie

Then we have C1's spoiler of Bruce coming back and helping his tribe win IC therefore La Mina goes to TC with 7

and next week it's

Casaya 8--Bruce Bobby Aras Shane Danielle Courtney Cirie Melinda

Vs.

La Mina 6--Terry Dan Nick Austin Sally Ruth Marie

I'm thinking it's Misty who is gone but La Mina will be out numbered 8-6 no matter...

I like it!

02-08-06, 02:37 PM (EST)
46. "RE: the Bruce "Bounce""
Yep, emydi! That's the basic idea.

Mine analysis provides a more complex "end," but I kind of had to go that way because I don't see any other way for them to do the traditional boy/girl picks and wind up with the numbers they do.

Alternating choices, starting with one man on each team, leaves six men to pick from and seven women, which means ALL of the men MUST be selected -- evenly -- BEFORE the final pick, which means both teams MUST have four men before the final pick.

There is no way to have five men on one team before some kind of end-game-swap ....

........ IF you are doing alternating gender choices.

Maybe they are doing simple "disk flopping." Pick a disk, pick a new tribe. It's been done that way before and why else have the bloody disks in the first place?

Who knows?

The end-swap could be applied in a similar way though, pulling Bruce OFF of La Mina, and exiling him.

(Maybe that is Austin's doing?)

02-08-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
45. "RE: the Bruce "Bounce""
There is a connection between Bruce and Bobby as they are the oldest members of the men tribes. Having already done the eldest thing (in boring Thailand no less) I doubt that it will be the reason for determining the captains.
I know it doesn't go with the 15 disks but no one has commented on the race we see in the shot of Tery's preview. They still have their original buffs so it is before the pick'em. It has to fit somewhere! Bobby and Bruce would be my choices for finishing last in their respective tribes in a footrace.
Could that have something to do with being pointed out? Jeff saying: "There is an extra man, which one of these 2 is exiled?" And we get the dejected exclamation of Bruce on being chosen.

02-08-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
47. "RE: the Bruce "Bounce""
They still have their original buffs so it is before the pick'em.

But it is the contestants we know to be on new La Mina grouped together in those caps. I think people were guessing that the Buffomatic was used.

02-08-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
41. "RE: OFG Theory"
I'm kind of liking these. I was thinking one of the vulnerable people referred to in the misdirection would be this week's boot.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •