The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

spastiman 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-24-06, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail spastiman Click to send private message to spastiman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
Just curious if it has been heard if anyone finds and actually will get to use the hidden idol on Exile island?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... Brownroach 01-24-06 1
   RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... emydi 01-24-06 2
       RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... Flowerpower 01-25-06 3
           RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... Gennenut 01-25-06 4
       RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... KObrien_fan 01-25-06 5
           RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... Brownroach 01-25-06 7
       RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... architecturegirl 01-25-06 6
           RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... Chez 01-25-06 8
               RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... michel 01-25-06 9
                   RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... Brownroach 01-25-06 10
                       RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... Gennenut 01-25-06 11
                       RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... michel 01-25-06 12
       RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... Aruba 01-25-06 13
           RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... PepeLePew13 01-25-06 14
               RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... michel 01-25-06 15
               RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... Brownroach 01-26-06 16
 RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is... Estee 01-26-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-24-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
Wickchix was told by a source that the pilot (Terry) finds the individual II. But spoilers can turn out to be wrong...

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
Figures, it's the tom wannabe that supposedly finds it...

But what I thought was very interesting on the TV Guide Special is that Jiffy specifically said that if you find it and come to TC with it and they vote you out...you can use it after the vote and the person with the next most votes is OUT!

This is different than what happened in S11...Gary gave it to Jiffy before the vote...and BJ was gone, but if it had been this way, Cindy (who I think Gary voted for) would have been gone with just Gary's vote.

So if Terry does find it and they try to boot him when he doesn't have II, he could alone decide who is out that week if it is a unanimous vote against him by all the others...

I don't think I like one person having this much power... and I wonder if the survivors know this rule ahead of time?

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
Hey Ms. Emydom:

I don't think I like one person having this much power... and I wonder if the survivors know this rule ahead of time?

This surprises me! I think this rule allows for someone really unexpected to get BLINDSIDED! Will make for good tv!

Gennenut 28 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gennenut Click to send private message to Gennenut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
I see it as a great tool to keep them unsettled and careful how they do the voting. No more predictable boots due to sheer numbers *eg* I mean imagine last season if Gary had this type of hidden idol... *lol* I cant wait to see someone in power get blindsided like this.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"

One person has already had this much power before in Survivor past. When Ogakor went to tribal council to boot Maralyn it was at that tribal council that Jerri made it clear who her friends were (Mitchell, Amber, and Colby). The rule back then was that votes previously cast against you would be the tie-breaker. Keith knew this rule and instead of voting with the others to vote out Maralyn, he voted against Mitchell. This vote was the key when Ogakor returned to tribal council the next time as a tribe of 6 divided into two groups 3/3 tie. Keith survived the tie-breaker because of the one vote that he had cast against Mitchell.

Some of you may not think that Keith had enough foresight to plan it that way, but I would not be surprised if he had it figured out. I also think that is part of the reason that the rule changed on tie-breakers and they went with the purple rock scenario.

All that being said, I think the survivors will learn about the way the hidden immunity idol will work, but will the person that finds it have enough foresight to use it like you say Emy? One would hope they have enough strategic game sense to figure that out, and the person blindsided in the vote would then truly be "outwitted".

S12 PTB is HERE!!!!! Week 1 Entry

01-25-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
Working it this way should also play havoc with the tribemates of anyone who goes to Exile Island. Do you try to get rid of the person, or try to court them?

For example, let's say Misty is the first exile, and then the younger women have to go to TC in Ep 1. The other three can't be sure Misty didn't find the II, so if they vote for her, whoever Misty votes for is screwed if she plays the II. And of course Misty will know that the remaining two people voted against her.

So it might benefit two of them to get in with Misty and promise to vote *with* her for the fourth person, therefore ensuring they know who Misty is voting for.

Just an example of how it could complicate things.

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-25-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
I too noticed that change from Guatemala, and I wondered if Survivor had noticed all the speculation on our boards last season as to how that would all go down when someone found the immunity idol. I specifically remember there being discussion about whether just what they're doing would happen last season.
I think some speculations on this also surrounded Rafe's chance to give immunity out...
Made me wonder if they got the idea from all of us, and decided to go with it as a change-up to how they did it last season???

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-25-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
I don't know if the filming calendar would have allowed the producers to use our input on how the hidden idol is used. It depends on where Exile Island was in filming when the spoilers' speculation appeared on these boards back in the autumn.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
BR, you have a very good point about strategy involved.

I would prefer that the hidden idol serve in a situation where the one who has it doesn't solely decide who is booted, in a 4 to 3 vote for example. Doesn't one person going against the whole tribe contradicting Survivor being a social game.

Also, I heard the promo ask the question: "Will they last long enough to find it?" That makes me think the Hidden Idol may not be there from the start, maybe only after merge? I remember reading that somewhere but can't remember where or even if it was CBS information, spoiler info, speculation or my imagination!! Anyone has an idea?

01-25-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
I know what you're thinking of Michel, it was from the Wickchix spoiler. She said:

There is only one immumity idol on exile island. from what i understand only for the nine left (but this was sketchy to me) And the pilot finds it.

That could be the case, but if so, I'm surprised they publicized the existence of the hidden II in so many articles before the premiere, if it's not actually going to come into play for awhile.

Gennenut 28 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gennenut Click to send private message to Gennenut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
Then again with most things they have "hidden" on the various islands it takes the players quite some time to figure it out o get all the clues as to where it is so the survival factor could just be a matter of time to find out a) it exists and b) time to buy/find all the clues as to where it is hidden.

01-25-06, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
That was it! Thanks BR. I wasn't imagining things!

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-25-06, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
If the holder of the II does not have to reveal they have it until AFTER the vote, then why not advertise back at camp you have the II right after it is found? I'd be hard pressed to think that a majority of the other Survivors would vote for the II holder with the potential power that one person would have at tribal council if the vote is against them.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
Not necessarily. If someone advertises ahead of time that the II has been found and would use it at TC, then a savvy player would work on the person with the II to find out who he/she dislikes outside of the main alliance and then tell the others to vote for the II holder, tell the II holder the rest are voting for the outside person, and this has the effect of flushing out the II while also getting rid of the dispensible person that is outside of the alliance.

Nope, I'd hold the II close to my vest and hope that I'm still in the main alliance so I can hold it as long as possible and only pull it out when necessary.

Check out my Survivor Guatemala Finale episode summary

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

01-25-06, 08:46 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
Pepe, you're too smart for our average survivors. It is great strategy so no one will think of it!!
Here's another possibility if it is won late, the player flaunts it but it's valid until F4 only. You do not vote for him until F4 thus it's wasted and then you have 2 choices:
1- F3 alliance makes him pay at F4.
2- If that person wasn't very liked before, keep him as F2 foil since flauting II would've irritated the booted players even more.
Either way, by flaunting it you couldn't win. Of course, F2 is a very good check.

01-26-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-06 AT 10:19 AM (EST)

this has the effect of flushing out the II while also getting rid of the dispensible person that is outside of the alliance.

Exactly, Pepe -- and also paving the way for the II finder to get voted out at the next TC once they were forced to use it. It would be stupid to reveal you have it.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Exile Island Immunity Idol - Is it found and used?"
I wonder if the mini-II can be reset?

Think about it. Once it's used, it becomes a lot safer to send someone to Exile Island and take them out of the plotting & scheming for a day or two, because there's no chance of their being able to save themselves. If, after it's used, the production staff confiscates it and hides it somewhere else on ExI...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •