The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-10-06, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
Wanted to get organized and start a thread devoted to the first episode challenge. The info in the articles points to this challenge being a reward challenge, while the losing tribe must decide who to send to exile island...

Here are all the vidcaps to date that show bits of the challenge, there will be more to follow!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps bondt007 01-10-06 1
   RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps dabo 01-10-06 2
       RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps Brownroach 01-10-06 3
 RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps Flowerpower 01-11-06 4
   RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps Brownroach 01-11-06 5
       RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps michel 01-11-06 6
           RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps Brownroach 01-11-06 7
 Additional challenge caps Flowerpower 01-11-06 8
   RE: Additional challenge caps ditsyquoin 01-11-06 9
   RE: Additional challenge caps tribephyl 01-12-06 10
   RE: Additional challenge caps Flowerpower 01-12-06 11
       RE: Additional challenge caps michel 01-12-06 12
           RE: Additional challenge caps Flowerpower 01-12-06 14
               RE: Additional challenge caps michel 01-12-06 15
   Raft Challenge Flowerpower 01-12-06 13
       RE: Raft Challenge PhillyBrat 01-12-06 16
           RE: Raft Challenge Flowerpower 01-12-06 17
               RE: Raft Challenge Brownroach 01-12-06 18
                   RE: Raft Challenge Flowerpower 01-12-06 19
                       RE: Raft Challenge PhillyBrat 01-12-06 20
                           RE: Raft Challenge Brownroach 01-12-06 21
       RE: Raft Challenge B i a n c a 01-12-06 22
           RE: Raft Challenge Flowerpower 01-13-06 23
 New Challenge Vidcaps Flowerpower 01-14-06 24
 RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps VolcanicGlass 01-15-06 25
   RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps Flowerpower 01-15-06 26
 A woman is the first boot Flowerpower 01-16-06 27
   RE: A woman is the first boot B i a n c a 01-16-06 28
 RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps Flowerpower 01-27-06 29
   RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps michel 01-27-06 30
       RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps Brownroach 01-27-06 31
           RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps knuckles487 01-27-06 32
               RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps Brownroach 01-27-06 33
 First Challenge VolcanicGlass 02-02-06 34
   RE: First Challenge Flowerpower 02-02-06 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-10-06, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
Wonder how long this challenge is - they appear to be moving pretty casually. Beside the caps of the ocean (no/min. waves!), the survivors are clean and dry, and moving at a deliberate pace.

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

Charter Member, April 2001; Club Anti-DAW

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
The first five caps seem to me to be pre-challenge.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
Yes, those are obviously from the arrival. I think three people from each tribe have to swim out to their raft and maneuver it back to shore with the box, while one person waits on the shore by the pole with the ropes (Aras for the young men's tribe). Then they have to do something involving directions or clues (what Aras is reading)...I don't know what. Untangle/unlock the ropes?

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

01-11-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
An excerpt from the Zap2it Article:

In the premiere, scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 2 (the first night of February sweeps), the four tribes will start off with a reward challenge, with the losing team having to decide which of its members is banished. That person will then have to compete solo in the first immunity battle.
The four tribes will become two in the show's second episode.

Brownroach notes in another thread that this article states the the show will "start" off with the RC. Wickchix has stated that the show will start off with another grueling hike. So the question that BR notes is, will the hike be the first RC? If it possibly is than the challenge shots within this thread just could be the IC, where the tribes compete in tribes with the exception of the individual who was exiled to exile island, who competes as an individual.

So, I thought I'd apply this scenario to the vidcaps we have here. I count 4 of the younger men in that tribe, 4 of the younger women in their tribe, and 4 of the older men in the mature man's tribe. Note that there are no vidcaps of the older women's tribe in those caps at all...

Could it be possible that the older women's tribe is not shown as 3 of them are competing together while one of them is competing as an individual? Hopefully we'll be getting more shots of this challenge as the weeks go by...

01-11-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-06 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

Could it be possible that the older women's tribe is not shown as 3 of them are competing together while one of them is competing as an individual?

I'm wondering about this too, fp. The beach shots are taken from the vantage point of where the purple tribe's station is, you can see the top of their post. Why are they excluded from the front of the shot? And then the raft shots pan left from green to red; we get only the edge of the purple raft.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
Do you imagine how cruel it would be if it goes as you speculate? After the initial trek, one of the older woman is exiled until the IC in which she competes alone, would most certainly loose and then have to leave. That doesn't sound right to me, especially since those vidcaps show a challenge in which teamwork certainly helps if only to paddle faster. A challenge in which an individual competes against a team would more likely be some sort of puzzle.
Also we have vidcaps of all four mature women resting in their shelter so the exile cannot be right at the start.

01-11-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

I know -- I looked through the TES shots and as far as I can tell everyone is shown at camp at some point.

I think there might be something amiss with Zap2It's article saying that the exilee will have to compete solo in the IC. It just doesn't make any sense. The earlier article said the exilee would have to fend for him/herself *until* the IC.

JazzyJax thinks the Zap2It article may have confused the fact that there is an individual II on Exile Island with the notion that the exilee will compete individually in the IC. I think that could be the case, since no other article has mentioned the solo IC. I guess we'll just have to wait for more promos/previews/press releases.

ETA: Now that we have the caps of the second challenge it appears that some of the previous caps show the contestants in preparation for the challenge and not at camp. TDT points out that while all of the older men and older woman can be placed in some camp shots, neither Misty nor Austin is actually seen at camp (although Austin's shirt is there). One of these two may be Exilee #1.

01-11-06, 07:53 PM (EST)
8. "Additional challenge caps"
From the CBS video on the new cast:

Could this challenge be part of the super challenge in ep 1, or are there two different challenges, one starting on the beach, and one starting here in the woods.

Note the team members standing off to the side? It appears to me that there may just be two different challenges here.

ditsyquoin 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-11-06, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ditsyquoin Click to send private message to ditsyquoin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Additional challenge caps"
On the original caps #3 and #4, what is that Swiss Family Robinson type walkway in the trees? Could it be that the beach challenge continues into the woods?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Additional challenge caps"
I'm am always so wrong on these but...

Could the raft/boxes/aras with "key"map be from the first episodes physical/mental RC

and...

The Ruth/Terry/Danielle/Austin race, be for the individual immunity held in episode 2.

Trying to figure out a way for the exiled player to come back and play individually, might lend itself to having the other teams choose their best tribemate to go against the exilee for the "tribal" immunity.
One person plays for the team.
Little do they know, it's for the first (or second) choice in a pick-em re-shuffling of the tribes.
However, if this were true, than either Ruth or Terry or Danielle or Austin are the first exiled player.
Not Bruce. At least not yet?

01-12-06, 07:44 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Additional challenge caps"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 07:54 AM (EST)

Okay, I've been thinking alot about these vidcaps now. I think I can definitively say that the challenge that starts in the woods along the waters edge is indeed the first challenge. This challenge starts after they have had all their cast intro pictures taken as they are all in the exact same attire. For example, here they are at the start of the woods challenge. Note what Aras, Bobby and Terry are wearing, and also Ruth Marie, who is closest to us:

Now note what they have on here:

See, Aras has on the gray tank and jeans, Ruth Marie has the pink tank and jean shorts with her hair in braids, Terry has on the yellow/blue striped shirt with his visor, Austin has the blue long sleeve shirt with red shorts, Bobby has on the same outfit, Danielle has on green shirt....,

I think the four people at the starting line that Jiffy is starting are definitively:

L to R: Ruth Marie, Terry Deitz, Danielle, and Austin....You can clearly see Ruth Marie and Terry, and you can see Danielle's green top and you can see her blue buff on her head like a head band, and Austin's blue shirt and red shorts.

I think that this pic of the older guys doing rock/paper/scissors here may be them deciding who will start the race for them, perhaps. Note the back ground on the shore...

Now here are the old girls during the photoshoot just before things get under way, note what they are wearing. Note particularly that Ruth Marie has on the pink tank, with bathing suit underneath and jean shorts and her purple buff on her upper right arm, compare that to the pink topped girl at the starting line....

You can clearly see that purple buff on Ruth Marie's upper right arm...

I think that these shots of the young girls are right before the "woods" challenge as we see them in their photo shoot clothing and I think they've already decided that Danielle will start them off as she's seen here twisting/stretching as if preparing to race.....

So, clearly to me the Survivors are gathered together at the challenge site and the first thing they have is their cast photo shoot, or the entire cast and then of their tribal split shots. Then perhaps they start the very first challenge, the "woods" challenge.

Now, I can not say definatively if there is one or two challenges in the first ep. It is possible that the raft challenge is an extension of the "woods" challenge. We see that Ruth Marie and Danielle indeed are wearing their swimming suits under their clothing. BUT, Aras and Nick are in long jeans, and clearly on the beach/raft challenge area they are all in their swimming trunks. At this point I am leaning toward the "woods challenge" being the RC and the beach challenge being the IC.

01-12-06, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Additional challenge caps"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 08:59 AM (EST)

FP: Your analysis is very good and I'm convinced that there are indeed 2 different challenges but there is nothing to tell us the timing of the events. The group pictures may not have been taken immediately on arrival (we don't see any back-packs but we know these survivors have extra clothes).
How's this for sequence of events: They arrive at the beach, are seperated in 4 tribes, go build their shelter and later gather to compete in episode 1 RC, the beach challenge. After that, 1 member is exiled and only returns when everyone is assembled at the start of episode 2.
They use that gathering to take the group pictures and different tribal pictures. After that, Jeff asks them to designate 1 person for a race in the woods, our second challenge in which Ruth goes against Terry, Danielle and Austin. That race only determines who gets to captain the pick'um team selections. The captains being the first man and the first woman to complete the race.
I say this because the race doesn't seem to be a relay race because the older men are shown chosing who goes. They wouldn't do that if all 4 raced and only had to decide the order of the racers. No teamwork being involved, I don't see that as a team reward or Immunity challenge and if it was designed to have the exiled player compete against the best of the 4 tribes, there would be 5 racers not 4.

01-12-06, 09:39 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Additional challenge caps"
michel, as always, you make some good points! You are right in that the race in the woods challenge could indeed just be for who gets to choose the 2 tribes and could occur later in the ep post rc.

The rationale I used to speculate was I remembered in A$$ that they had all of their cast photos when they first gathered at the challenge site. Also, looking at the S12 cast photos they all look very clean and fresh, at least their clothing, I suppose the guys could build their shelters shirtless but I think the girls clothing would appear a little more worn....Also we see Dan chopping wood in preparation of building a shelter, or whatever, and he's in his gold shirt, and then look how bright and clean his gold shirt looks in the cast photo.

Because there are 4 racers at the start of the "woods challenge" I was inclined to think that was the RC, but I suppose it could be to determine captains for the pick'em. I also find it strange that from all of the "beach/raft" challenge pictures there are no pictures of the older women's tribe during the challenge.....

01-12-06, 10:06 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Additional challenge caps"
I went back to look at all vidcaps and you're right about the clothes being too clean. Terry is shown in one using his stripped shirt as a towel to wipe the sweat off his forehead The CBS picture does show bags for Nick, Austin and some of the girls that are out of frame in these vidcaps. So the picture is indeed at the start. You make a valid argument that the race follows immediately after.
I guess it's difficult for us to wait until the premiere!!

01-12-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
13. "Raft Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 09:23 AM (EST)

Okay, now for some assessment of the "raft challenge"...

At this point in the challenge we see the young girls and the young guys, but at this point the young girls look to be climbing toward the structure, while the young guys seem poised on their raft to head back to shore, thus the young guys, I think, are a bit ahead of the young girls at this point in the challenge.

Then as the camera pans to the left we see the older guys come into the frame with the younger girls still in site. Again the older guys seem to be poised more toward the shore, while the younger girls are still heading toward the structure, leading me to believe at this point the older guys may have an edge over the younger girls.

Then in this shot you can also see that there is someone also present on the older ladies tribe on the far right shot of this frame...

Now with these shots of the older guys paddling back to shore I can conclude that it is indeed a very close race at least with the older guys, younger girls, and younger guys. AS the younger guys and the older guys were in similiar stances compared against the younger girls in the above vidcaps, here we can clearly see the wake of the younger girls raft along side of the older guys paddling back to shore and we see that the younger guys are indeed heading back to shore as well as they are no longer on the floating platform structure....

Looking at these last few vidcaps I think that the younger girls raft is just out of this frame and that the younger girls are indeed slightly behind the older guys at this point.(from the camera angle).
So, if I could conclude anything from this it would be that I think it's a pretty close race....Rationally, I would "guess" that the older women will place last in this event...I may also guess that the younger guys or older guys may win it...

All very early speculation...

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-12-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Raft Challenge"
Just as a little "It could happen" kind of senario.. However I think I can see what the "point" is for this challenge. Flower I think I can figure out what goes on BEFORE getting to the end (where you have nicely broken out how everything "goes down")

We start here:

Here you see the starting line and the finishing line for the challenge. Players run from the start to the T intersction with the rope. What does the rope have? The Oars for the boat. (If you look at the orange "Pile" of rope you can make out an ore with rope going though it.

Here is a picture that you can see right though the Oar (where the rope would go.

In this image we see the young guys working together to get their ores. (Note the dry hair.) What the paper is that they have I have no clue.. maybe a hint on knots (Something they get from winning the "reward" challenge.)

OK so after getting the oars the tribes swim out to their floating thing.

If you notice in this picture the backround all tribes have a wooden object that has an area that is painted in their colors. I beleive this area is where their raft is. Using the floating Box there they need to untie and get their raft free and using the oars row to shore.

I keep looking everywhere for the II however I don't see any so this could be the RC for all I know. However this just looks like what has to happen.

01-12-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Raft Challenge"
I think you are on the right track, PhillyBrat! I am wondering however, with the instructions that Aras is holding, if there isn't some element of building something? I was wondering if they might have to build their own rafts at the beginning of the challenge, then untangle the oars, etc....just don't know. You may very well be right though in perhaps they have to swim out to those colored platforms and retrieve their rafts then row back. I am leaning toward this being the IC as well...we can see the purple/older women tribe's purple ropes in the forground so we know that they will be competing next to/on the left of the older man's tribe.....but we don't know if there is another lane for the "individual" that happened to get exiled....

01-12-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Raft Challenge"
The only thing is that at the outset they seem to be bypassing the posts with the ropes and heading for the water:

Jeff is behind all of them (obscured by Shane in this particular cap). I agree Aras doesn't look wet in the reading/pointing shots, but in this cap he has walked beyond the green tribe's post. So I'm still confused about the sequence of activities.

01-12-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Raft Challenge"
This particular shot seems like it is not "mid-challenge" to me, BR. I think this was taken perhaps in a walk through, during the long process of explaining the challenges to the cast...pre challenge. The shots of Aras with the directions, however, does seem like it is in the mid-challenge stage...?

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Raft Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 02:10 PM (EST)

The fact that it appears that they are walking and all have a smile on their faces tells me that they can't be "pushing themselves" to win immunity and are just going over the course

But doesn't Jeff instruct them how to go though the challenge, wouldn't be be "with" them incase they have any questions.

Also I think the Document that Aras is holding COULD be attached to the rope as well somehow..

OH forgot to add.

If you look ahead of where Bruce and Terry are it appears that there is an Orange mat of some sorts.. It COULD be another stage in the challenge.

01-12-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Raft Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 04:22 PM (EST)

But doesn't Jeff instruct them how to go though the challenge, wouldn't be be "with" them incase they have any questions.

That's what I think is strange too. It could be a "walk-through", from the contestants' lack of urgency, but even so, why isn't Jeff keeping abreast of them?

B i a n c a 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-12-06, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail B%20i%20a%20n%20c%20a Click to send private message to B%20i%20a%20n%20c%20a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Raft Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 04:47 PM (EST)

Looking at these last few vidcaps I think that the younger girls raft is just out of this frame and that the younger girls are indeed slightly behind the older guys at this point.(from the camera angle

I agree with you FP.

Just looking at this cap you can see a dark area of water in the girls' lane, and my guess would be thats the trail of their paddeling, so given that the camera's on an angle the girls should be either equal or behind the older guys. It's also possible the older guys are more crooked than the younger girls, thus giving an appearnece of a larger angle.

01-13-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Raft Challenge"
Bianca, you bring up a very valid point....at this point in the race on the raft back to shore, I think judging from the camera angle and the young girls wake in relation to the older guys placement, I do think at this time the older guys are ahead. But the angle the older guys raft is taking gives me pause. Terry is probably the dominant rower here and thus is causing the raft to veer off to the left. If this continues, then they could be in serious trouble, and may indeed finish last???

Food for thought...

01-14-06, 09:09 AM (EST)
24. "New Challenge Vidcaps"
Some new challenge shots from Survivor Fever:

Okay, I knew that ladder type structure had to be there for a reason. Looks like they all may have to climb over it and jump back into the water, then they'll have to get something probably from the trunks that are out there and transfer it to their rafts and then row the rafts back to shore.

These are all shots of Aras jumping off the ladder structure into the water, note his blue bathing suit with the orange/yellow flame design on the sides. Also note the next survivor in the tribe climbing up the back of the structure as Aras is already in mid-jump.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-15-06, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"

01-15-06, 07:11 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
Thanks VG, for bringing these over!

I think this shot is Nick perhaps at the finish line! That's the structure back on shore(if you look just below the horizontal bar you can see the green band around it), here's a pic for comparison...that's a nasty little cut on his face...could it need stitches?

As for the young girls, they are in trouble, imo. They've gotten caught up along the rope and that always spells trouble! Still no sighting of the old girls??? WHY?

01-16-06, 08:23 PM (EST)
27. "A woman is the first boot"
Wickchix has reported that her source told her that the first boot is a woman. At this point, I am in agreement. Based on what we have so far, I think the young men are going to come in first, followed by the older men.

I really think in the above shot that the younger girls are trailing the older men, and then with the most recent vidcaps we see the younger women have run into the lane line, which imo is always a very bad thing.

But in the above vidcap what is in the water just behind Bruce's right elbow. IMO, the only thing it could be is the older women's raft, or more specifically one of their oars, and as the vidcap tells us, then they are also trailing the older men's raft. But WHERE is the lane line between the older men and the older women? Did it become detached at all, or are the men possibly riding over it?

B i a n c a 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-16-06, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail B%20i%20a%20n%20c%20a Click to send private message to B%20i%20a%20n%20c%20a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: A woman is the first boot"
Maybe what looks like a paddle is really the lane line?

01-27-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
Just thought I'd add a few more vidcaps that aka Ives pulled up over at Sucks:

Well that first vidcap of Cirie jumping tells us that the old gals are right there in it! You can see one of the older guys climbing up the ladder just next to her(I think that may be Terry), and then you can see one of the younger gals climbing up the ladder on the other side of him. So at this point it looks to be a pretty close race....

I think the second cap may be a pic of Aras, as I can see parts of his flame on the side of his drawers.

At this point I can honestly say that I still don't have a real clue as to which team loses the IC....We know that when they return to shore with their rafts, they then have to dig in the sand for things...that could prove to be a real obstacle for one tribe.....sometimes digging in the sand for things requires luck as well.

Can anyone venture as to the chronology of the IC at all?

So far I'm thinking race to the water, swim out to the ladder thing, jump over into the water, climb on the raft and retrieve something out of the crates(perhaps the directions to help in the mental challenge), then row back the rafts to shore, then dig for something in the sand(perhaps the rings to be used in the toss?) then complete the ring toss, then use the rings somehow to complete the mental challenge, perhaps how to get the tubes off of the vertical post with a horizontal post on top of it. (Note that when Aras is seen with the directions in his hands, you can see one of the younger guys working on the mental puzzle with really sandy drawers...as if he had already been digging in the sand...).

Would love to hear some feedback!

.I'm beginning to wonder about the older guys having crossed over into the older gals lane....could they be disqualified for that?

01-27-06, 02:11 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
The timeline looks good FP. We don't have any swimming shots so I'd say they could use the rafts in both directions or the crew brings them there to start. The slow pace we see them approaching the beach could indicate the challenge starts at the wooden ladders in the ocean. However I don't see a platform there to support that idea. The crates look big to contain instructions. I'd put the rings in there and the instructions in the sand but it's all just a guess.

As far as the challenge goes, it's very different from the other times that tribes were seperated by gender and they used a balance beam to even chances. If this is an example of future challenges, they want to be sure that you keep your strong players. Not a good sign for the mature women even if they appear to be close in the first part of the challenge.
About DQ for going in the wrong lane, it is the rule in Track but I don't think it will apply here, especially since they don't seem to block the other's raft.

01-27-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
I'd put the rings in there and the instructions in the sand

Agree. The paper looks like it might be soiled:

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"

Could whatever is in the crate be something other than the rings, like maybe sections of a shovel or oars that they need to assemble? It doesn't make sense that they would have to find their own rings, and then intentionally tangle them up in the mental puzzle......and then have to figure out how to untangle them does it?

01-27-06, 04:57 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Ep 1, Challenge Vidcaps"
Very little about this challenge is making sense to me. I would think they'd have to pull the crates back to shore, but apparently not. I also don't see the point of having to climb up the structure and jump into the water. If there were something at the top that had to be retrieved on the way, fine, but it doesn't look like that's the case.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-02-06, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "First Challenge"
One end of the island

The other side.
Check out the four stations behind the skull.

02-02-06, 12:45 PM (EST)
35. "RE: First Challenge"
Thanks for the new shots, VG! Much appreciated! Well BR, you called it! Looks like they are indeed having the first RC on EI itself! WooooHoooo! Interesting shot there of the ?finish area? Looks like there could be more to this challenge than just a run around by one member....just don't know?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •