The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-05 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

Okay Chillone spoiled the EXILE ISLAND concept but not the no. of contestants...I think everyone just assumed they'd have more DAWS from now on...WRONG!!

16 castaways..we were told by Chillone that there will be 3 tribes..so I said innocently in the car on the way home...

"How are they going to split 16 into teams of 3?"

and the answer I got from a non spoiler (you all know who)..."well one of them will be on Exile Island"

I think B was right ON!! I think what may happen is they will have to race to somewhere similar to Palau...but not for first, but not to be last...the last person there goes immediately to EXILE ISLAND, do not pass go, do not collect $200.00

Then it could be the first 3 there get to pick the tribes

...or another option is they have to FIND buffs on the island--5 buffs of each color of the 3 tribes, the one that doesn't find one goes off to EXILE ISLAND...

So what happens to the first one to EXILE ISLAND...he/she is not kicked out of the game like Jonathan and Wanda...rather they stay there until Day 4 and REPLACE the next EXILED person on their tribe..

Each week, probably in or after the RC, (probably the losing tribe has a some mini contest to decides who is banished to EXILE ISLAND)..that person is dropped off and the 1st person takes that person's space in his/her tribe...so you have constantly changing tribes!! I always thought this was a GOOD idea that they never used...I'm hoping this will be the case in S12.

Also, if you're on EXILE ISLAND, you are away from everyone, but you DON'T GO TO TRIBAL COUNCIL!! So it has one advantage. But you don't get to form alliances, esp. if you are one of the first to go to EXILE ISLAND...also...I wonder if you can go more than once or one and you're done???

eta link to chillone

Handcrafted by RollDdice
NFL Playoff Places Pool in OT Sports Come join!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND KObrien_fan 12-12-05 1
 RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND dabo 12-12-05 2
 RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND Flowerpower 12-12-05 3
 16 NEW castaways forehead 12-12-05 4
   RE: 16 NEW castaways dabo 12-12-05 5
 RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND Krautboy 12-12-05 6
   RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND volsfan 12-12-05 7
       RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND chpo82 12-12-05 8
       RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND SurvivorBlows 12-12-05 10
           RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND volsfan 12-12-05 12
           RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND byoffer 12-14-05 19
               RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND emydi 12-14-05 21
                   RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND SurvivorBlows 12-17-05 22
                       RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND emydi 12-20-05 23
 RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND silentJ 12-12-05 9
 Panama preview transcript SurvivorBlows 12-12-05 11
   RE: Panama preview transcript reddogblkcat 12-13-05 13
       RE: Panama preview transcript bondt007 12-13-05 14
           RE: Panama preview transcript dabo 12-13-05 15
               RE: Panama preview transcript steemerman 12-13-05 16
   Never seen before? Krautboy 12-13-05 17
       RE: Never seen before? redbeard103152 12-14-05 20
 getting to the bottom of exile isla... applejack93 12-13-05 18
   Exile = isolation = unfamiliarity Capn2patch 12-20-05 24
       RE: Exile = isolation = unfamiliari... Carnac The Adequate 12-20-05 25
           RE: Exile = isolation = unfamiliari... michel 12-20-05 26
           RE: Exile = isolation = unfamiliari... svk 12-21-05 27
               RE: Exile = isolation = unfamiliari... dabo 12-22-05 28
                   RE: Exile = isolation = unfamiliari... svk 12-22-05 29
 RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND mikey 12-22-05 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
Considering they said the game would start differently then they ever had before, I like the idea of the "find your own buff" or some token that represents what tribe you will be on, the last person without a buff or token gets exiled. The spin of the tribes changing by the person getting exiled would be a good one too as far as alliance building, I like this idea!

Also, what would be on exile isle that can help you win the million? With loads of time on your hands in any given 3 day period I would think it would be super well hidden if an immunity idol or that sort of thing. On the other hand if it is a direct ticket to the final 4 then people would be fighting to get exiled just so they had a shot of finding it.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
Starting with three tribes of 5 and a rotating exile is an interesting idea. And I don't put anything beyond Burnett's mania for changing up the game. The biggest problem I see here is logistics, you could quickly reach a point in the game where you need another switch up to make it two tribes, or you have to be willing to allow one tribe to Ulong into oblivion.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
Yes, emi, I love the idea of the three tribes of 5 and one exiled....and the revolving tribes....the exiled one replaces the new exiled one, on whatever tribe they were on....sure would put a spin on things!

I am wondering if the exiled ones will be told that there is something on the island that could really help them get to the million dollar prize????

Sure sounds like fun, and I applaud the producers for really trying to mix it up!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-05, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "16 NEW castaways"
I like your thinking emy. I have to say, though, that when CBS mentioned "16 new castaways", for a second I thought they were keeping their options open to add "2 old castaways"... Hopefully, they learned not to do that again...

forehead

Survivor Panana Part 3: A Survior Panama first - no Rupert (let's hope)

12-12-05, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 16 NEW castaways"
Well, they've never gone to Panama without Rupie, and I'm more than happy to joke about it; but he already won the Miss Congenialty million for Allstars, I don't expect he will turn up again with a regular cast. Another Allstar cast maybe.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-12-05, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
Great ideas Emi!

Since "Exile Island" is featured in the title of S12, the role it plays in the new format must be significant. The kinds of ideas you suggest seem to be grand enough for the high profile given to "Exile Island".

As FP posted in the ChillOne thread, CO is now speculating that there may be four tribes of four, which conflicts with his original intel of three tribes. This could just be CO forcing his spec to fit the 16 contestant format that was announced at the finale.

The one hour time frame of the show creates logistical problems for editing and production of a four tribe, four camp storyline.
In addition, a weak tribe could quickly become a two person tribe facing a tiebreaker at TC...more logistical headaches.
It just seems like a four tribe format creates more problems than it solves...

Is it possible that the ChillOne was told about THREE LOCATIONS (two camps and exile island) which where mistaken for three tribes?

From the ChillOne's last post, he appears to be slipping back to his old ways of interjecting his own speculation. We need to be take care and keep his speculation seperated from his real information.

Krautboy

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
I like the speculation that is going on but I wonder if exile island will allow someone to miss a TC?

I originally thought there would be 4 tribes when they mentioned 16 castaways but I am liking the speculation we have here. Also, didn't Jiffy say "16 castaways" at the end of last season too but they added BJ and Steph?

chpo82 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-12-05, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chpo82 Click to send private message to chpo82 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
No I believe he said 18 but then in the promos later on they said 16 New Survivors - which wasn't lying.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-05 AT 11:08 PM (EST)

>Also, didn't Jiffy say "16 castaways" at the end
>of last season too but they added BJ and Steph?

Nope, Jiffy said "18" during the Guatemala preview that ran at the end of the Palau finale. Then, when CBS announced the Guatemala cast in August they tried to get sneaky and only announced "16" castaways.

While I guess it is technically possible that Survivor: Panama will feature more than 16 castaways, I think it's extremely unlikely that the show will be more than 13 episodes long -- and the decision to scale the show back to 16 contestants for the first time in five seasons is likely just a consequence of CBS having to squeeze the season in between the END of NBC's Winter Olympics coverage in the END of the May ratings sweeps period -- a period of time that is thirteen calendar weeks long (but only twelve Thursdays long.)

CBS and other major broadcasters are all being extremely weary of premiering new shows against the Olympics. The last time this happened four years ago, Survivor: Marquesas didn't premiere until February 28, the show's latest spring premiere date ever. I don't see this season being any different, which means that the earliest Survivor: Panama can premiere is Thursday, March 2, a date that fits perfectly with CBS airing the season's thirteenth and final episode on Sunday, May 21 -- which is three days before the May 2006 ratings sweeps period ends on Wednesday, May 24.

I wrote about this in the news story I published this morning:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-announces-survivor-12-return-panama-feature-exile-island-3880.php

...basically CBS stands to loss more money by being forced to run a 14 or 15 episode Survivor season against the Winter Olympics or into early June than it does by only having a shorter 13 episode season. Having to run the three-hour finale during early summer instead of May sweeps would ultimately cost them valuable ad dollars.

Ya, even if the show is 13 episodes that's no guarantee that there aren't 18 contestants and some double boot episodes, etc., but given the fact that the season will already feature a major twist like Exile Island, I don't see why they'd feel the need to play the previous castaway twist two seasons in a row.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
Thanks for the info!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
which means that the earliest Survivor: Panama can premiere is Thursday, March 2

The logic in coming up with this makes a lot of sense. However, at the end of TAR last night, they definitely said the next season would start in Feb. I don't recall if Jeff made a similar claim during the Survivor finale.

If TAR is willing to compete with the Olympics, is there a reason to believe that Survivor won't?

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

12-14-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
I thought of that too byo but

FEB 28th is a Tues and March 2, is a Thurs...so Amazing Race can say Feb but not specify ....but Survivor would not say March, yet bc people will be a bit peeved.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
NFL Playoff Places Pool in OT Sports Come join!

12-17-05, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
>I thought of that too byo but
>
>FEB 28th is a Tues and March 2, is a Thurs...so
>Amazing Race can say Feb but not specify ....but Survivor
>would not say March, yet bc people will be a
>bit peeved.

Exactly -- both TAR9 and Survivor 12 (along with Apprentice 5) are expected to have their premieres held back until after NBC's Winter Olympics coverage ends on Sunday, February 26. After that, the floodgates will open, with the new seasons of all three shows expected to premiere during the week beginning February 26. And since TAR airs on Tuesday, that means it will technically be "coming in February" while Survivor -- premiering only two days later -- will being "coming in March."

NBC is also expected to premiere Apprentice 5 that same week but where it premieres may depend on what type of ratings My Name Is Earl and The Office draw when they begin airing in the Thursdays 9-10PM time period starting January 5. Like all other NBC programming, they'll go off the air when NBC begins its Olympic coverage, but if they're doing decent in the hour then NBC -- desperate to rebuild its Thursday night comedy block and worried about the Apprentice's continuing ratings slide -- will probably move The Apprentice to another night.

If it does move, my guess is that it goes to Wednesdays at 8PM, replacing E-Ring (which NBC would probably move back to the 9PM hour and have The Donald serve as its lead-in -- like they originally planned with Martha's Apprentice show until its horrible ratings forced them to flip/flop E-Ring and Martha.) The Biggest Loser special edition shows will be filling Martha's former 9PM time period for a six-week pre-Olympic run, but as of right now, NBC hasn't announced what it plans to air in the time period after the Olympics end.

Putting the Apprentice on at Wednesdays at 8PM in March should keep it away from American Idol -- Idol's Wednesday show will be moving from 8PM to 9PM once the results shows begin -- and since Idol and TAR will be airing in Tuesday's 8 and 9PM hours, I don't see NBC looking to force reality viewers to force between The Donald and either of those two shows (besides, NBC has already decided to run Fear Factor against Idol's one-hour Tuesdays at 8PM show.)

If CBS and NBC both make the announcements I'm expecting, the post-Olympic schedule for the four big reality shows will look something like:

Tuesdays 8PM: American Idol
Tuesdays 9PM: The Amazing Race

Wednesdays 8PM: The Apprentice
Wednesdays 9PM: American Idol results show

Thursdays 8PM: Survivor

The other "big show" premiering that week will be Top Model 6 -- UPN will debut it on Wednesday, March 1. Ya, moving The Apprentice to Wednesdays would mean it would face off against Top Model, but from a schedule programmer perspective, that's not a bad match -- The Apprentice loves to brag about its upscale, professional audience while Top Model can never stop gushing about how well it does in the young women demographic.

Dancing with the Stars 2 will be airing on Thursdays at 9PM beginning January 5, but since that's only an eight-week run, it will be over by the time the Olympics end. The Bachelor will also be premiering Monday, January 9 at 10PM, but like Dancing with the Stars, will only have an eight-week run. The WB will also be rolling Beauty And The Geek 2 out on Thursdays at 9PM beginning January 12, but again, that show will be ending by late February.

12-20-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
23. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
Thanks for all the good info, Webby!

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-12-05, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
At first I thought the exile island idea was a hokie gimmick, but if it works like speculated, it could be a cool twist.

What if it works like this: Start with 3 teams of 5, odd man out goes into exile. The 3 teasm compete for immunity. 1st place goes back to camp, 3rd place goes to TC and votes someone out of the game. 2nd palce goes to TC, but instead of voting a person out of the game, they banish a player to the island, and the island castaway takes their place in that tribe. The returning player would definately need some sort of immunity to survive that tribes next vote. This gives a way for a player to be psedo-voted out without actually leaving the game, a sort or acceptable form of the ghost tribe debacle. I think to do this though, they'd have to drop down to 2 tribes after 2 or 4 votes, otherwise the exiles will be easy pickings.

Of course I have no idea how this would work when we get down to individual challenges. Having last place exiled would seem like a good way for weak players to skate by if they skipped TC too. Maybe 2nd place gets exiled, immunity with a higher cost. That would keep stronger players in the game longer.

12-12-05, 11:02 PM (EST)
11. "Panama preview transcript"
I ended up transcribing the voiceover from Jiffy's Panama preview while I was working on my news story about it. I didn't need to use the whole thing in my story, but just for reference, here it is:

Next season, Survivor travels to a stunning location with an all-new twist. In the exotic waters of Panama sits a tiny island of exile that will play into the game like never before. Each week, at least one castaway will be banished to this desolate place, separated from their tribemates for days at a time in one of the most unforgiving environments yet. Strategy will be turned on its head, and survival will take on a whole new meaning. And though this island will be a place to be feared, something hidden within its rocky shores may be the key to $1 million and the title of 'sole survivor.' The sixteen new castaways will be divided into tribes in a way never before seen. Who will outwit, outplay, and outlast the others. Join us as the adventure continues with Survivor: Panama, Exile Island

reddogblkcat 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-13-05, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reddogblkcat Click to send private message to reddogblkcat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Panama preview transcript"

"Each week, at least one castaway will be banished to this desolate place.."

The way that's worded sounds like perhaps more than one could be banished each week to the island.

reddog

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-13-05, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Panama preview transcript"
...and he is saying "week" as in our viewing/calendar week, right? For them it could be just one night - just being clear and all...

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

Charter Member, April 2001; Club Anti-DAW
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

12-13-05, 01:24 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Panama preview transcript"
Correct. I doubt there will be more than one at a time, Probst is just being typically coy in what he reveals just to leave that uncertain. The furthest in the game they could reasonably take it is F4, an F3 exile would be automatic F2 if it plays as suggested. In fact if they take it as deep into the game as Chillone and Probst seem to be saying, most likely some players will have to endure exile more than once.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

steemerman 14 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steemerman Click to send private message to steemerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Panama preview transcript"
What if they split four ways and send the losing tribe to the island and only have three camps with the island as the 4th. This way after tribal in stead of going back to your camp you continually switch camps and after you vote someone out you go to exile island. you could possibly be down to 0ne tribe member and go to exile. just a thought.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-05, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Never seen before?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-05 AT 06:40 PM (EST)

"The sixteen new castaways will be divided into tribes in a way never before seen..."

It's not clear if this statement is refering to the method used to divide the tribes or the final configuration...or both?

Looking back at previous installments we know what we HAVE seen before...

2 predetermined tribes of 8 announced by JP.
2 eldest members select 2 tribes of 8.
2 tribes of 8 seperated by gender
3 tribes of 6 predetermined All Stars
2 tribes of 9 selected by Pick'em method with last two eliminated
2 predetermined tribes of 8+1 with 2 former contestants added

Either 4 tribes of 4, or 3 tribes of 15 with one person banished to Exile Island would be "divided into tribes in a way never before seen".

Emi's idea of having to search and find one of the 15 buffs, with the person coming up buffless being exiled, also fits this decription.

I'm hoping for the three tribes of 5 scenario with a rotating exile...

Krautboy

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-14-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Never seen before?"
I'm hoping for the three tribes of 5 scenario with a rotating exile... This is my hope too KB. This just might screw up the alliance making that sometimes leads to dull and boring TC's as the majority vote out the minority one by one. Not knowing who may be on your tribe from week to week can't help but change the way the game will be played.This may be a way to breathe new life into the game as the old us vs them idea changes with the different compositions of the tribes. It might be looked upon as a tribal switch happening during each 3 day cycle.I am looking forward to seeing just how this will play out.RedBeard

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-13-05, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "getting to the bottom of exile island"
As with most of you I've been going crazy trying to figure out HOW this exile island fits in to the game...and I can't put my finger on it. However, I think we can expect THIS of EPMB:

- it is SIMPLE. MB knows not to mess with the formula too much. I therefore think that any possibilities involving 2+ TC's are out of the question - as are any possibilities involving voted out players being sent to exile island (he knows that having no-one definately voted out would annoy us all). I don't think exile island is related to the boot, i think it is entirely independent to the usual game-playing. It is more like a 'quirk' than a revamp of the game formula.

- it will mess with people's heads. MB likes to make the twists as simple as possible, with max impact. I think when they say - "each week one or players will be sent to exile island" - that's all there is to it. Being away from your tribe for a few nights would seriously mess with your head.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I really don't think that incredibly intricate ways of working exile island into the game are suitable....

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Exile = isolation = unfamiliarity"
a tiny island of exile that will play into the game like never before...Each week, at least one castaway will be banished to this desolate place, separated from their tribemates for days at a time...Strategy will be turned on its head...The sixteen new castaways will be divided into tribes in a way never before seen.

Spec on my part here, but one of the ways Survivor plays out that spoils the outcome is the incessant Pagonging which follows the merge that makes the outcome somewhat predictable.

MB has moved on that in limited ways by switching tribemembers midway in the now classic 'drop your buff episodes' but the game always seems to play out by the dominant members of an alliance marching forward and picking off the weaker members. Vanuatu being an exception to that, and didn't folks just love the way that played itself out?

IF, and that's a BIG if, Exile Island somehow helped to breed unfamiliarity between the castaways until the merge. 3 tribes of 5 seems to be the most plausible grouping with one castaway getting some quality tan time from IC to IC.

Now play along for a bit...

Small tribes that are interchanged multiple times (maybe before each RC) before the merge would do just that with true alliances forming only after merge.

Feel free to walk all over this spec but it is a way out the Pagong scenario.

Carnac The Adequate 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-20-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to send private message to Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Exile = isolation = unfamiliarity"
Here's a bit more meat for the grinder ...

What is one of the things an ailing tribe is ALWAYS looking for?

FRESH MEAT ! As in warm bodies. As in replacements for their dwindling numbers.

Perhaps one of the options that Jiffy can offer a tribe at Reward Time is, "You can either take the prize I'm offering, or, if you want, you can row out to the island and reclaim/recruit an exile into your tribe to boost your numbers and your survivability."

Choosing to add an extra member at a crucial tme could make a BIG difference for a lot of tribes. (Especially if the other tribe has been voting out muscle or somesuch.) And an exile bent on revenge against their old tribe could become a VERY committed ally on another tribe.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Exile = isolation = unfamiliarity"
Very interesting speculation emidy, cap'n and carnac but I feel we are still missing something. If we have 3 tribes of 5 + 1 exiled to start, we could wind up in week 3 and have 5 players not participating in IC. If one team looses the first 2 IC, then the other 2 teams would need to sit out 2 members each. Counting the exiled person, that makes 5 non-participants. A bit much, isn't it?
Even worse if we follow Carnac's suggestion and suppose one of the teams of 5 wins RC and picks up the exiled player, the team of 3 looses and has to exile another member, we'd wind up with 8 non-participants and only 3 teams of 2 at IC.
There has to be some sort of switch happening early.

svk 22 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail svk Click to send private message to svk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Exile = isolation = unfamiliarity"
I don't think the tribe can be given a choice. The statement that "someone WILL be banished" doesn't give them a choice.

Here's a suggestion:

1. Winner of IC picks someone to send to Exile Island (this could even be someone on their tribe if they want to get rid of a problem).
2. Previous resident of Exile Island take the place of new exilee.
3. Loser of IC goes to TC and votes someone out.

This would also work post-merge with the winner of the individual immunity exiling someone.

12-22-05, 01:41 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Exile = isolation = unfamiliarity"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-05 AT 01:42 AM (EST)

Welcome aboard!

2 and 3 seem likely to me, 1 is up for grabs. I think it would be interesting if the exile gets to select the next exile, after sitting in on TC.

svk 22 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail svk Click to send private message to svk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Exile = isolation = unfamiliarity"
>LAST EDITED ON 12-22-05
>AT 01:42 AM (EST)

>
>Welcome aboard!
>

Thanks.

What I really liked about having the imunity winner pick the exilee is that it can make for interesting strategy. You can protect someone in you alliance from being voted out by exiling them. (eg. "give someone the immunity necklace", without giving up immunity for yourself)

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-22-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: S12 Panama EXILE ISLAND"
They are actually going to start with 16 tribes of one. They will have an initial challenge in which each person competes not seeing the others, then tell them each that they have finished last and they are being sent to exile island and that the remaining players are in tribes. This continues until they merge into one tribe of 16.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •