The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No lawyers on Big Brother?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rasta 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-03-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rasta Click to send private message to Rasta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No lawyers on Big Brother?"
Has anyone noticed that there are no lawyers in the house?

Looking back on previous seasons, I can't remember any lawyers on any season of the show. I find this interesting, especially when you consider how many lawyers have been on Survivor and Amazing Race.

Actually, now that I think about it, there always seems to be a lot of students, waiters, models, actresses, and other non-white-collar jobs.

Any thoughts about this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No lawyers on Big Brother? okaychatt 08-03-05 1
   RE: No lawyers on Big Brother? FishWoman 08-04-05 10
 RE: No lawyers on Big Brother? FishWoman 08-04-05 2
   Lawyer huh? kingfish 08-04-05 4
       RE: Lawyer huh? FishWoman 08-04-05 9
   RE: No lawyers on Big Brother? Rasta 08-04-05 8
 RE: No lawyers on Big Brother? BrassFan 08-04-05 3
   RE: No lawyers on Big Brother? Rasta 08-04-05 5
       What? kingfish 08-04-05 6
           RE: What? Rasta 08-04-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-03-05, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No lawyers on Big Brother?"
<there always seems to be a lot of students, waiters, models, actresses, and other non-white-collar jobs.
Any thoughts about this?

Hi Rasta. Welcome.

Now that I think of it, there aren't any marine biologists, senators, or rock stars either. Nor any astronauts.

Mystery of mysteries. Must be a conspiracy - Summer of Secrets and all that.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-04-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: No lawyers on Big Brother?"
><there always seems to be a lot of students, waiters, models, actresses, and other non-white-collar jobs.
>
>Any thoughts about this?
>
>Now that I think of it, there aren't any marine biologists, senators, or rock stars either. Nor any astronauts.
>
>--------------
Maybe Maggie is an astronaut rather than an ER Nurse or a Cop? She could also be a marine biologist - didn't they tell Sarah that Maggie worked with dolphins?

08-04-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No lawyers on Big Brother?"
Curtis, from BB1 was a lawyer.

I don't know about seasons 3 and 4 b/c, at the time, i was in law school myself and was way too busy over the summers to watch tv.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Lawyer huh?"
Lawyer huh? I have a question that I should have asked my legal council Mistress Emydi, but since she's busy working on my appeals (there was a mis-understanding over a checkers game, you know, just one of those things) I'll ask you... How come the fish don't get the reward? They outlasted the hamsters in every season that they were included.

Fish brothers and sisters of BB, Unite for Justice and Equality.

Maybe we should date...

08-04-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Lawyer huh?"
>Lawyer huh? I have a question that I should have asked my legal council Mistress Emydi, but since she's busy working on my appeals (there was a mis-understanding over a checkers game, you know, just one of those things) I'll ask you... How come the fish don't get the reward? They outlasted the hamsters in every
>season that they were included.
>
>>----------
Not these fish! Didn't the HG's kill off their first school of fish this season?

In response to another post in this thread - if a lawyer was a solo practitioner, he or she could probably clear up his schedule to take 3 months off. . But anyone working in a big firm, no way in heck (especially as a junior associate) are they going to get that kind of time off and still have a job waiting for them.

If I were on this season of BB, i would probably flip out and strangle Ivette, and then i would probably be disbarred. LOL

08-04-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rasta Click to send private message to Rasta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No lawyers on Big Brother?"
I checked the CBS site. No lawyers for BB2 through BB6.

Does BB1 count as a real season? Weren't the rules different in that season, with the viewers voting people out?

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-04-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No lawyers on Big Brother?"
>Actually, now that I think about
>it, there always seems to
>be a lot of students,
>waiters, models, actresses, and other
>non-white-collar jobs.
>
>Any thoughts about this?

I'm thinking that those jobs are the easiest to get away from for a few months...Most lawyers don't want to take two or three months off of work...

08-04-05, 01:52 PM (EST)
5. "RE: No lawyers on Big Brother?"
<Most lawyers don't want to take two or three months off of work...>

Yeah, that's probably it. Same goes with other high-paying jobs.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "What?"
What? Since when would a lawyer turn down the publicity and chance at a half mill? Well, maybe a few would. But I only know a few, and none that I know under 50 would turn down the chance to be on BB. As a rule lawyers do not get a chance for half mill. paychecks very often.

Many lawyers (esp. courtroom oriented) can control their own calendar and can schedule a few months vacation. They just stop taking cases for a while.

No criticism intended, but I’m curious, why did you single out lawyers? As opposed to the other professions (some also high paying) that haven’t been represented (although as has been pointed out, there was a lawyer on once). And you should be aware that some high paying professions have been represented (i.e. Doctor Will).

08-04-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
7. "RE: What?"
I singled out lawyers after a conversation with a friend. We were talking about all the deals that are struck on BB, and how they are often broken. We joked that they need a lawyer to keep track of all the "contracts".

Then I realized that there haven't been any on the show (at least since I started watching in season 3). For comparison, Survivor Pulau had three (Caryn, Willard and Jolanda).

I'm not a lawyer, and didn't mean any disrespect to other professions. I just thought it was interesting...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •