The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-07-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
just so we can see how it works. The big question that I have is this: Since they have the hourglass at the YIELD sign, does that mean that you can only use it on teams that havent arrived at the sign yet, ie: teams that are BEHIND you? Or will they call ahead and make the team ahead of you stop for an amount of time? 'Cause, if you can only use it against teams that are behind you (unless theyre hot on your heels), it seems kinda worthless.

"You're only as strong as the cocktails you drink, the hairspray you use and the friends you have."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I wish someone would use the fr... mikey 09-07-04 1
   RE: I wish someone would use the fr... dabo 09-07-04 2
   RE: I wish someone would use the fr... mrc 09-08-04 17
       RE: I wish someone would use the fr... dabo 09-09-04 19
 RE: I wish someone would use the fr... Bebo 09-07-04 3
   RE: I wish someone would use the fr... KMan 09-07-04 4
   RE: I wish someone would use the fr... nailbone 09-08-04 10
       RE: I wish someone would use the fr... ginger 09-08-04 11
       RE: I wish someone would use the fr... Bebo 09-08-04 14
 RE: I wish someone would use the fr... TARantado5 09-08-04 5
   RE: I wish someone would use the fr... Urban_Kitten 09-08-04 6
 RE: I wish someone would use the fr... PhillyDon 09-08-04 7
   RE: I wish someone would use the fr... emydi 09-08-04 8
       RE: I wish someone would use the fr... buscemi 09-08-04 9
           RE: I wish someone would use the fr... ginger 09-08-04 12
               RE: I wish someone would use the fr... lulu lemon 09-08-04 13
                   It's new realitybites 09-08-04 15
                       RE: It's new ginger 09-08-04 16
       RE: I wish someone would use the fr... Molaholic 09-08-04 18
           RE: I wish someone would use the fr... Edgeless Grass 09-11-04 20
               RE: I wish someone would use the fr... CDNTARFAN 09-11-04 21
 RE: I wish someone would use the fr... mrc 09-15-04 22
   RE: I wish someone would use the fr... emydi 09-15-04 23
       RE: I wish someone would use the fr... buscemi 09-15-04 24
           RE: I wish someone would use the fr... emydi 09-15-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-07-04, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
This is from the CBS website:

"Each leg of the race has a YIELD point. Teams must stop at the YIELD location to do two things before continuing along the course: 1) They must check to see if they have been YIELDed by another team; 2) If no Team has been YIELDed, they must decide whether to use the YIELD or not. If a Team is YIELDed, they must turn over the hourglass and wait until all the sand runs out before they may continue with the race. A Team may use the YIELD to stop another Team only once throughout the entire course of the race. However, there is no limit to the number of times that a Team can be YIELDed by the other Teams."

This seems to make it clear that there has been a yield in every leg of the race, but since they know it wasn't used for so many consecutive legs there was no reason to keep showing teams not using it. The fact that they have shown it now suggests it may be used shortly.

I read somewhere at the beginning of the season that you would know how many teams are behind you at the yield point, and then if you decide to use it you would find out who they are and can yield one of them.

It doesn't seem useless -- if the 4th place team has a slight lead over the 5th place team as you say it makes a lot of sense to use it. It also gives an incentive to be in front all through the leg, as if you are in first no one can use it on you. Or, if a team (here CC) seem to win just about every leg and they seem to be in a tight battle for last place, it might be beneficial for even a first place team to try to take them out. If I were Chip/Kim or Brandon/Nicole and came to a yield first, and knew that two teams -- Colin/Christie and the twins -- were together on the last flight -- I might try to yield CC as I would much rather be facing the twins in the final three.

As they haven't shown where the yield was each leg, it is difficult to tell if anyone made a mistake passing it up. But no one seemed interested in using it out of pure spite.

Will be interestiing to see if they tell the yielded team which team yielded them. If I used it, but the yielded team survived, I would try to pin it on someone else.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
Yeah, that's the problem with the Yield, the politics. If you shoot the gun you better hope it's a clean kill.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-04, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
"I read somewhere at the beginning of the season that you would know how many teams are behind you at the yield point, and then if you decide to use it you would find out who they are and can yield one of them."

But if that were true, then Chip and Kim would have known that they and the twins were playing for last, right? That's why Chip was so mad at himself.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
The Moms thought they were last and didn't bother to check the box.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
Once the sand in the hourglass runs out, Dorothy and Toto are toast.

Oops, sorry, wrong hourglass.

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-07-04, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
I don't think politics has anything to do with it. You'd be stupid if you tried to use the yield out of revenge rather than strategy.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Omnia in bonum o-

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
Tee hee. That's exactly what I thought when I saw that eggtimer.

High tech TAR!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
So does that mean that instead of being eliminated, the teams are on an island somewhere playing their own version of the game?

Likes the idea of Aliwhore and Mirna being trapped on an island by a giant force field.

Don't give me attitude, I've already got one of my own.

TARantado5 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-08-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARantado5 Click to send private message to TARantado5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
I dunno if this is a stupid question or not.

Any idea how long the hourglass would take to finish pouring sand once inverted ? I'm assuming it's not 1 hour which is why I ask. It does sound stupid though asking how long would an hourglass take.

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-08-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
Doesn't Phil say that it's a pre-determined length of time? The producers must calculate enough of a time penalty to make things interesting but not eliminate a yielded team forthright for each leg ... and let's not forget about those equalizers.

PhillyDon 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-08-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyDon Click to send private message to PhillyDon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
They implied in the previews for next week that somebody is finally going to use it.

"I'm PhillyDon and I approve this post."

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-04 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

My guess is that Chip and Kim use it agains Colin/Christie...In the previews, they said one team will be betrayed. CC think CK are on their side but they've been saying privately they want to help them self-destruct. Plus Chip said that not using the yield agains the twins was the biggest mistake of his life (geez!!!). If they get to a yield before CC does next week, you better believe that they will use it on CC.

This may also explain why Colin is SO angry when he's being an ox in the mud. No wait, he doesn't need any help being angry and an A$$--WAH WAH I REALLY HATE YOU!!!!

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Pah-lease...

ET fix grammar etc.

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-08-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
Hmmm...I don't see how that would be a betrayal. Sure, C & K are acting as if they like C & C, but C & C have to know that they're the biggest threats in this race (and maybe in the show's history) and that any team would want to use the Yield on them if given the chance.

09-08-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-04 AT 03:34 PM (EST)

Well, it could be the Yield, or a random act of sabotage, or perhaps a simple 2'x4' applied to the cranium, but if one of the other teams doesn't use something to slow the C&C tide, this season's a lock.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

lulu lemon 37 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-04, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lulu%20lemon Click to send private message to lulu%20lemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
IS the yield a new idea to TAR5??? was it used ever before in TAR 1 to 4? i check the website and dont seeem to find anything...

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-08-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "It's new"
The yield was added for this edition of The Amazing Race.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

09-08-04, 06:34 PM (EST)
16. "RE: It's new"
And it's added so much to the season thus far!

Not.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
Actually, I think it'll be Colin/Christie who will use the Yield against Chip/Kim. This would be much more of a betrayal in light of C/C's comment about not using the Yield and the fact that, in C/C's eyes (as they are being played by C/K) they have an 'understanding' with C/K. So as C/C see it, they are going to be forced to 'betray' their mentors. Also, a close look at the preview of someone opening the Yield box, it appears to be Chip's arm/hand. This is a classic red herring.

BTW -- It must be that all teams' pictures are still in the box at the Yield all the time. Since Chip looked at at least three pictures before bailing out the twins. Not until they got to the near-by clue box did they realize their actual place in the race.

That would mean that if Chip could have gone ahead and tried to Yield the moms ... only to have the production crew tell him that they had already passed the Yield (yuk!) --- which then begs the question -- would that have constituted C/K's Yield turn, or could they have then said, "We Yield the Twins.", knowing for sure they were behind them.

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-11-04, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
My guess is: Chip and Kim finally realised the usefulness of the yield after coming in 2nd last, and knowing that C/C is the strongest team so far, persuaded other teams to all use the yield at them.

Although C/C is in the first now, but there are usually bunching happen in between before they reach the detour/roadblock. And since the next leg is definitely an eliminating round to determine the final 3, it make sense to team up and get rid of the strongest team.

If 1 yield took 15 min? Does more than 1 yield cum up the time?

And if this really happen, you can really call this a 'betrayal act', since C/C has been helpful to other teams so far.

=^_^=

CDNTARFAN 35 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-04, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CDNTARFAN Click to send private message to CDNTARFAN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
I think the producers or whomever was supposed to watch the yeild didnt remove the pictures from the yeild. It looked as thought Chip may have thought there were others behind him and he didnt know he was second place until he opened the clue box seeing only 2 clues. I am sure that when they explained the yeild
that they said there would be only the pictures of the teams behind you. At least that is what I remembered.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-04, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-04 AT 08:00 AM (EST)

You got your wish, Esbea. DW and I still ROFL every time Colin goes off the deep end. It's not so funny to think about this guy's action's IRL, but, honestly, he needs to take a chill pill. Colin acts like a spoiled bully everytime he doesn't get his way.

DW hit it on the head last night--as long as they are comfortably ahead, Team Temper Tantrum is cool. Put them under pressure, like last night, and they start to implode. Hopefully, C&K will beat them in the end.

ETF my dyslexia

09-15-04, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
But MRC, teams are not allowed to use the yield, didn't Colon and Chrissie tell you--Chip and Kim cheated to win last night's leg.

What a bunch of hooey--yields are part of the game. Esp. after last week, Chip was going to use it against TEAM Colon if he could.

If I were Chip and Kim I would have smiled and waved to them with my best queen wave and yelled

"See ya later SUCKAS!!!"

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-15-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
"If I were Chip and Kim I would have smiled and waved to them with my best queen wave and yelled"

Thus ensuring that C & C would use the Yield on them in the next leg if they have the chance. C & C certainly overreacted to use of the Yield by C & K, but I don't think it would have been wise for C & K to rub salt in the wound.

09-15-04, 10:39 AM (EST)
25. "RE: I wish someone would use the freakin YIELD"
Well, they're going to use it anyway, no matter what C&K did...so have some fun with that awful couple and made them even madder, because we know what happens to Team Colon when he gets angry--they self-destruct

And it would have made a very funny show even funnier!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •