The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-05 AT 07:12 AM (EST)

Courtesy of Survivor Fever:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Flowerpower 12-02-05 1
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 montanagirl 12-02-05 2
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Brownroach 12-02-05 3
           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 emydi 12-02-05 4
       Two separate challenges... Flowerpower 12-02-05 5
           RE: Two separate challenges... montanagirl 12-02-05 6
               A reason not to win? Jaxxjack 12-02-05 9
                   RE: A reason not to win? dabo 12-06-05 33
 RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 vince3 12-02-05 7
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 esquire 12-02-05 11
 RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Loquatrix 12-02-05 8
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 volsfan 12-02-05 10
 RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Flowerpower 12-03-05 12
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Ravens04 12-03-05 13
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 emydi 12-03-05 14
           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 volsfan 12-03-05 15
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Brownroach 12-06-05 36
           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Bravehart 12-03-05 16
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Flowerpower 12-03-05 17
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 tikigirlie 12-03-05 19
                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Outfrontgirl 12-04-05 20
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Outfrontgirl 12-03-05 18
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Flowerpower 12-04-05 21
           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Ravens04 12-04-05 22
           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Outfrontgirl 12-04-05 23
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 PepeLePew13 12-05-05 25
 RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Outfrontgirl 12-05-05 24
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Flowerpower 12-05-05 26
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 redbeard103152 12-05-05 27
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 volsfan 12-05-05 28
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Tooth Of Time 12-05-05 29
           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Brownroach 12-05-05 30
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Tooth Of Time 12-05-05 31
                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Surviette 12-05-05 32
                       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Brownroach 12-06-05 34
                           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Surviette 12-06-05 35
                               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 kingfish 12-06-05 37
                               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Surviette 12-07-05 38
                               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Outfrontgirl 12-08-05 39
                                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Flowerpower 12-08-05 40
                                       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 bonniek 12-08-05 41
                                       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Brownroach 12-08-05 42
                                           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 reddogblkcat 12-08-05 43
                                           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13 Outfrontgirl 12-08-05 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-02-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Here they are at the start of the challenge....note Danni is wearing the immunity necklace:

Is this cap at the end of the challenge when perhaps Cindy has won it???

Sure looks like the superchallenge, but is it a combined RC/IC. The winner wins immunity but then has the choice to either win the car all for themselves, OR the winner can sacrifice their own car and let every other player out there win one. I think there would be no incentive to win the super challenge if immunity were not at stake as well.....but is it Cindy who wins it???

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-02-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Flower -

Posted this as Sucks and in Mess Hall as well...but thought I'd bring it here too.

The caps in your post are from two different challanges.

In the your cap above with the 4 (minus Cindy)- Danni has no bra/swimmy top on. In the cap of 5 on the mat, Danni has the IN and she is also wearing a bra/swimmy top under her buff. Also - in the shot of Danni throwing the paddle, she is not wearing a bra.

Paddle throw is part of SuCha for reward.

-montanagirl

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-05 AT 05:48 PM (EST)

I thought so too, montanagirl. FP, I think all of these are reaction shots to the entrance of the cars:

>22.
>23.
>24.
>25. (note Danni's arm above Lydia's head)
>29. (Rafe to Steph's right)
>30. (Danni's arm above Lydia, Rafe to Steph's right)

ETA: I think I agree with vince3's scenario below. Which would place these caps after the challenge and Cindy has (most likely)won.

I was thrown by the line in the other preview saying "the tribe is shocked with an awful dilemma." It made me think they'd all be told about the twist before the challenge occurs. But that needn't be the case. They'd all be shocked even if they only found out the dilemma after someone had already won.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
I thought there were 2 challenges here...

I think there is more to the dilemma than just you win you choose to give up your car so the other 4 can have one...maybe all 5 have to agree to this scenario..sure does fit in with the misdirection...and sure does explain Steph's lovely reaction in vidcap 30...

12-02-05, 04:25 PM (EST)
5. "Two separate challenges..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-05 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

Thanks Montanagirl! I noted in that top pic that Danni did seem to have some kind of light colored top on underneath her buff but to tell you the truth, I could'nt quite make it out on my computer.....and I remembered that her bathing suit top is red(may have white straps though)....but anyway that helps immensely. There are two separate challenges.

Here is the Super Challenge/RC for the cars:

And then this is from the IC.....

Yes, emy, believe it or not, I may agree with you....there has to be something more as why win it if you'll be the one to sacrifice a car so the others will get one? To me it doesn't really give any of them a reason to win.....definately there has to be more to it.

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-02-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Two separate challenges..."
How about a way to get out of being 'cursed'?

Supposedly, if you win the car, your cursed to not be the Sole Survivor. If you're superstitious, but not willing to throw a challenge, this would give you a way out. And in the process, you'd be cursing all four of the other players...LOL

Doesn't the car usually come with some sort of food/trip reward as well? I wonder if you'd have to go back to camp by yourself while the other four are off enjoying the reward and being psyched about having new cars?

-montanagirl

Jaxxjack 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-02-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jaxxjack Click to send private message to Jaxxjack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "A reason not to win?"
They probably aren't aware that they would have to give up the car they just won. I expect it comes with some sort of trade-off.

Ex. - You win the reward challenge then you find out you have the opportunity to give up your car so others can have one. If you do that and show what a great person you are, then JP has another suprise for you. A hint to help at the next RC.

Sound plausible?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-05, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: A reason not to win?"
This is the last RC, there are only ICs from this point on.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Here's how I think the RC goes down:

First before the challenge begins, Jeff does his usual "Want to know what you're playing for?" question and the first Pontiac appears. Then the surprisingly stronger than she looks Cindy (witness at the Family Auction she PICKS UP AND CRADLES HER TWIN WHO NOW MUST BE AT LEAST 10-15 POUNDS HEAVIER THAN HER) wins the challenge. Then Jeff tells Cindy that the Car prize is cursed, the winner of the car challenge has NEVER won the whole thing. He gives her the opportunity to reverse the curse by this twist: (out comes the remaining 3 Pontiacs) Give up the car and the losers will get it instead. OR Keep the car and try to reverse the curse that way, but the others might be a TAD P.O.'d.
We'll just have to see what else comes up for this and the II challenge.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
How is this for a theory. Thw winner of the challenge can either get the car or immunity at the next tribal counsel

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-02-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
How elegant both Danni AND Lydia look in cap number 4 at Tribal Council! You would never know Lydia is a gnome, looking at that pic. Also love the "Oh my god, dude, have some dignity!" look on Danni's face in reaction to Judd's childish outburst.

Watching last night's "Next week on Survivor," I felt that Cindy was being marked out as the potential boot. There was a shot of her on her own looking troubled, and a shot of the other four standing together. Now I wonder if that wasn't misdirection and in fact she has just won the car challenge and is having to decide what to do about everyone's cars. This is a cool twist on the car challenge, no matter what.

I am reminded of Cindy's statement that "This is the hardest decision I'll have to make in the game," when deciding who to take on reward last week. Wouldn't it be great if she now has to decide whether to sacrifice her own car and give cars to the others, in hope of cementing her place in the Final Four? She must be feeling on shaky ground, having been left out of the Judd vote. And if she does think she may be next for the boot no matter what (her comrades have shown themselves to be utterly immune to emotion and having no regard for a sense of "duty" when making their boots), will she want to take the risk of walking away without even a car to show for it? A slightly more difficult decision than who to take for a massage, if you ask me...!

And P.S. Is there ANYTHING that StepheME doesn't blub and snivel over? Christ, she has no perspective at all.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Wouldn't it be great if she now has to decide whether to sacrifice her own car and give cars to the others, in hope of cementing her place in the Final Four?

Also, by doing this she (or whoever wins) has leverage to negotiate their vote at the final TC and the 4 votes for the win!

I finally blogged

12-03-05, 07:12 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Regarding the RC, I do think that Cindy will be the winner, and I also agree with Vince3's spec that they will only find out about more cars post challenge. Otherwise, who would want to win it! So, the other cars will be brought in later, perhaps, and Cindy will get the big delimma after she has already won it.

Now for the IC. Here is a shot at the IC at the beginning, as they are all on the mat and before Danni has surrendered her IN:

Note there are 5 lines of 6 color coded poles all lined up vertically. Here we see the green and the orange poles(which will be Cindy's/green and Danni's/orange poles). They will be attached and tethered to them and have to untie locks and knots at all of the poles. First one out will win it.

Now here they all are toward the beginning of the challenge, note that they are all fairly equal in where they are, so it must be the beginning. Note the colors.

Note that Steph is black, Rafe is purple, Cindy is green, Danni is orange, and Lydia is blue...
Now here is Steph during the challenge...note the black:

Note that around her waist is a chain with keys dangling off. I think they are thethered to a tangled rope that is secured in place to the pole with locks. So they have to find the right keys that they are given, then unlock the locks to proceed and untangle themselves from each pole. Caps 50-54 are all of Steph as well during the challenge(more of her during the challenge than anyone else.

Then we have this pic:

Note she's crying and her hair is disheveled. Then we have these two shots:

Shots of the dejected and seriously in trouble, Cindy.

I think the shot of Steph is after the IC and believe it or not, she's finally won one! The shots of Cindy are pure disappointment and she's in serious trouble(perhaps our boot here). Will the car curse continue?

Ravens04 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-03-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ravens04 Click to send private message to Ravens04 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
I think the shot of Steph crying could be for two reasons, she won IC or because she came so close and lost it. I think the IC will come down to Danni, Cindy, and Steph. I think either Danni or Steph wins. I don't know I got a feeling the shot of Steph crying looks like a cry of defeat, so close yet so far. Or aybe even this could be the shot from RC, where maybe she does get a car, and is crying happy tears. I don't know

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-05 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-03-05 AT 11:07 AM (EST)

I was thinking it might be recycled from last week's RC? FP, is it recycled? (you're the vidcap guru) It just doesn't look like the type of cry Steph would have after winning a car or the IC...looks like she's looking at someone..

ALSO...in the pictures of the dejected Cindy..I think they are after she has won the RC and has to make that "tough decision" She has that big necklace on and she has that necklace on during the RC(Not shown by the ties are shown) when she is flinging something (like Danni)

but in the IC shots, her neck is sort of blurry and u can't tell if she has on the necklace....

I think by this time Rafe has smoothed over things with Cindy by telling her Lydia is next and they blindside her too....

Although the background does look more like the IC rock and not the RC...

not sure...

12-03-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
In this pic

I think Cindy isn't wearing the shell necklace but does have the little bead necklace on.

I finally blogged

12-06-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
I think she might be wearing both there, vols. The shell necklace looks sort of translucent in some of the other caps, it might be blending into her skin tone.

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-03-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
I checked on CBS, Stephamie was wearing her hair down for the family reward in ep 12 with no bra.

Plus, couldn't this shot be Steph's black pole...getting herself free first.

12-03-05, 04:51 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Plus, couldn't this shot be Steph's black pole...getting herself free first.

Yes Braveheart, it sure could be!

tikigirlie 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-05, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tikigirlie Click to send private message to tikigirlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
that's not steph in the bottom cap. here are my reasons why i think this:

1) first arm in the picture (most left) is closest to us. the arm is much larger, not because of its proximity to us, but because it is male. you can see the definition in the forearm. we are therefore left with rafe.

2) directly begind the man's arm, is some blond hair. now it's possible that it's highlighted due to the sun, but three women have VERY dark hair, and that could only be cindy. her arm is the center one, because you can see it covering the poles behind it.

3) there is an ear above the blond hair, with brown hair attatched to it. danni and steph are both taller than cindy, meaning it could be either of them. however, going back to the placement caps we have (from left to right) s/r/c/d/l, meaning the arm behind cindy's (the most right one) is danni's.

i don't know if that means danni wins immunity again, but it definitely means that's not steph.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-05, 04:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
very nice, tikigirlie, Danni's arm then ...
Is there some way to know whether this is the last stage of the unlocking process? I could see a Danni win here. Even though she helped pull off a coup last time, I can't imagine she feels at all safe. Maybe height is an advantage in this one?

12-03-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Wonderful work, you guys, as always.

Re the RC:
I think, based on the vidcap work here, that Cindy wins.
I think Cindy is indeed shown as the one in trouble.
I believe Cindy gets booted, one position early ...
Because
a) she shows upset about not being in the loop
b) she wins Sucha establishing herself as huge threat
c) she chooses to keep her own car!

Duh, the curse will be fulfilled and she gets booted.

I don't think immunity is any part of the decision. I think the idea is to gamble whether you will be safe if you sacrifice.
We see that they are all participating in the IC, which shows that whatever choice Cindy (or anyone else) made did not confer immunity.

Judd just took Steph on yet another great reward and she blindsided him. I don't think Cindy will trust after that. I think at this point she feels she needs an immunity run to win (similar to Brandon's thinking). If I were her in this game I would take the car and run.

IC
Steph crying looks miserable to me. She looks like she almost won and just missed it.

Purely from handicapping standpoint: untying knots is a learned skill. First it helps if you understand what configuration of knot you are working on, and second you learn how to finesse the knot apart by having had practice and knowing where the knot needs to be loosened. Third, you need a lot of strength in your fingers for knots in coarse rope. (I did macrame hangings for years, lol, so that taught me to be good at untying knots.)

Scouts, fishing, camping, boating teach skills with knots.

Of the five left, Steph is the one who doesn't mention any of these things in her bio. Of course she has previous Survivor experience.

Rafe has been camping his whole life and managed the wilderness training program and is a wilderness guide.

Cindy was a Girl Scout and loves wilderness experience.

Danni fishes and tried to prepare for skills needed in the game.

Lydia fishes for sport. Lydia may be handicapped by her height.

Rafe was the frontrunner in getting the puzzle piece bags untied, so I kind of favor him. I also think he, Cindi and Lydia probably have the strongest fingers in the five. Rafe is pretty coordinated, after all he can play Ode to Joy on the piano with his toes.

Rafe may feel like he needs this one, plus hard to imagine hanging back in a challenge that guarantees you a spot in the F4.
So without better vidcap evidence Rafe is my first pick. While Cindy is also a frontrunner I think the editing and promo and season spoilers are screaming that this is her boot episode, so, she doesn't win.

12-04-05, 08:12 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-05 AT 08:15 AM (EST)

Tikigirlie...WELL DONE! I think you are indeed right. After further review I realize that the dark post threw me off. Here are the pics in question:

We know that the order of the survivors is Steph in the foreground with black post, Rafe next to her with the purple pole, then Cindy with green pole, Danni with orange pole and finally Lydia with the navy blue pole. In the above vidcaps, that's not Steph's pole at all, it's the dark navy blue pole of Lydia. Nothing of Lydia is seen as she is too short and is obsured probably by Danni.

So I think that the first forearms we are seeing in the very left of the caps are Cindy's. They appear very large as they are the closest to the camera and thus appear very large in relation to her. See, she is almost facing us, you can see her forehead wrinkled in the top vidcap. Then the next set of hands that the camera is focused on are indeed Danni's long arms and hands. Now, there is nothing conclusive really about these caps as we don't know if this is the first set of poles or the sixth or seventh. But, no doubt about it, those arms are Danni's.

I admit, the cap of the crying, disheveled hair Steph is inconclusive as well. She could have this reaction from finally winning an IC, or perhaps she has come in second to Danni! I'm really in the Danni or Steph camp for the IC win.

OFG, I think that this challenge is less about untying knots as it is guessing which is the right key to unlock the multiple locks, and then manipulating them so you can try each of the keys while having your hands bound. I think someone with very nimble fingers and great manual dexterity will have the advantage here. I would think that the larger your hands, the greater the odds would be to lose it....while Rafe has shown his great capability for untying knots and untying himself, I question a Rafe win for this one...

Ravens04 9 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ravens04 Click to send private message to Ravens04 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
I think this challenge requires height, concentration, and patience. I do believe,since their are 5 poles on each side, the survivors are tied to two poles and have to figure out how to unlock themselves with the right key. I still believe the pic of Steph crying is because she came in second, so close to winning, yet still losing. I definitely see this challenge in Danni's favor, she's a smart girl she knows her pact with Rafe and Steph may not hold so she needs to win immunity to be safe. Danni's tall,and patient.

12-04-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
I agree with you FP, when I posted about knots I was under the impression there was a lot of untying going on but now I see it's about the keys and I agree Danni is favored with her superior reach and probably has long skinny fingers and Rafe and Lydia are probably at the greatest disadvantage on this one.

The cap of Steph is of herself, freed, so standing by herself might be an indication she's waiting for Jeff to come give her the necklace. OTOH, there's probably a short race for a finish line once they get free, so if Steph managed to get free and almost won that could account for that pic.

In my eyes, everything about that pic says BUMMED. Steph cries when she sees her family. She doesn't cry when she wins a hot and heavy competition, she gets happy, as far as I can recall.

All season we've been shown reaction shots of Steph unable to deal with a loss, and this just seems like another. If she is crying instead of looking pissed, I'd spec it's because she thought she was about to win so she was pumped and then she got beaten out. Going from high to low that could trigger tears. (That or thinking she won and then losing because she didn't follow all the instructions, but I don't really see the potential for that).

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-05, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"

>All season we've been shown reaction
>shots of Steph unable to
>deal with a loss, and
>this just seems like another.
> If she is crying
>instead of looking pissed, I'd
>spec it's because she thought
>she was about to win
>so she was pumped and
>then she got beaten out.
>Going from high to low
>that could trigger tears. (That
>or thinking she won and
>then losing because she didn't
>follow all the instructions, but
>I don't really see the
>potential for that).

Going with VerucaSalt's editing analysis, I'd say we keep being shown Stephenie's reaction to losing over and over because we're being set up for Steph's loss in the F2.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

12-05-05, 06:12 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
This line in the Press Release just caught my eye:
The castaways battle it out in a very close race for Immunity and a guaranteed spot in the Final Four

VERY CLOSE RACE. That makes me think at least two people are going to be unlocked and at the finish line almost at the same time, and Steph is one of them. I think she is either crying because she just barely lost or she just won, but how to know.

Jeff: Danni, the necklace seems happy with you! Stephenie, a good effort, but close gets you nothing in this game.

Steph: Waaaaaaaah! I've never won immunity evah! I could taste it!

I feel that if she had won, she would dissolve into tears as Jeff puts on the necklace or just after that. Not while standing there waiting for him to come put on the necklace. But who knows? The fact she has played twice and never won an individual immunity could turn her into a waterworks whether she wins or loses, the question is would she start crying before she is "crowned" winner.

12-05-05, 07:07 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"

VERY CLOSE RACE. That makes me think at least two people are going to be unlocked and at the finish line almost at the same time, and Steph is one of them. I think she is either crying because she just barely lost or she just won, but how to know.

Totally agree! I think it will come down to Steph and Danni...

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-05-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
I don't think this will be the last time we will see competition between Steff and Danni.The editing has been building of the competition between these two women and last weeks episode showed us that Danni has finally began her end game plan.RedBeard

12-05-05, 09:21 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
From this cap:

I would say the unlocking from the posts will be the first step of the race (or at least not the end of the race) as it appears people are moving from the left of the cap to the right. We can see that each person is connected to the string that is moving to the right of the cap.

Tooth Of Time 26 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tooth%20Of%20Time Click to send private message to Tooth%20Of%20Time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Looks like you all are hard at work with your spoilers again.
I haven't watched last Thursdays show yet.
~TOT~

12-05-05, 06:23 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
You don't really need to watch it, ToT. Everything you said was gonna happen happened.

Tooth Of Time 26 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-05, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tooth%20Of%20Time Click to send private message to Tooth%20Of%20Time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Ha! I did watch Survivor today. It was a good show.
I have to catch up on LOST also. I had heard a few things about it, too. I should stop watching these two shows.
~TOT~

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Okay. I'll bite. What did you hear about LOST?

12-06-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
ToT should post about Lost in the Lost forum, in case anyone here does not want to know any Lost spoilers.

12-06-05, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
Thanks, BR, for the damage control .

Shame on me…..I know better. As if it wasn’t a good island.
S/he went on with the safe, changed subject. LOTF

Flower, I think you nailed it the first time. It sure looks as if Steph is shedding tears of joy. Jeff has probably been rehearsing forever for the day Steph finally wins II. Jeff: "STEPH! YOU are such a cool chick. You DON'T suck at challenges! You finally......I repeat, FINALLY won a challenge you can be proud of!"(Followed by symphonic music to further dramatize the presentation of the coveted idol necklace. Oh, and waterworks).

I think the "close race" is between Steph and Cindy. If Cindy wins RC and almost wins IC, she is perceived as a huge threat. Ever since the time of Jolanda, Steph has been in a panic to remove physical threats (I think that was the "mistake in Palau" that Margaret referred to). At F5, the IC winner has all the power (everyone but the bootee has to vote the way the IC winner decides, or risk a tie). If Cindy runs a very close race it also explains why she is shown sprinting, in the opening credits.

P.S. As long as Sawyer never dies, Lost could never be spoiled

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
"psst.... there is always "LUST" and the preserial sequel "LUSH" at Basher Island LL. And open mike night is in progress."

"Keep it under your hat though. We don't want to spoil anyone's fun."

12-07-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
OOPS >_<
At F4, the II winner holds all the power
At F5, it's the swing thing. So, Steph might be the swing vote
between Rafe-Cindy and Danni-Lydia.

12-08-05, 01:54 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
I've come around to the tears of joy theory. She doesn't look mad enough for these to be tears of loss. Tough call really.

12-08-05, 07:07 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-05 AT 07:09 AM (EST)

Could this be winner......

and this be loser...

Perhaps the race comes down to Steph and Cindy.
Steph just looks like she's really smiling in the beginning and then starts to cry! Whereas we are shown the disappointed Cindy as she knows that she'll be on the block if she can not pull this one out...Personally, I think those are indeed tears of joy and great relief.

bonniek 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bonniek Click to send private message to bonniek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
My take on why Steph could be crying. Remember past RC when the winner has to choose other survivors to join them. Steph always cried to get people to pick her. She could be crying because she needs a vehicle. She is so selfish I wouldn't be surprised.

Just a thought.

12-08-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
The caps of Stephenie and Cindy look like those that normally follow Jeff saying "one of you is going home tonight."

Stephenie appears to be standing still, with her hands on her hips. That would be a very odd stance for someone who has just won immunity, never mind the about-to-burst-into-tears factor. I do *not* think Stephenie is happy here, and I don't think she wins immunity.

reddogblkcat 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-08-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reddogblkcat Click to send private message to reddogblkcat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
I think you could be right about poor little Steph *not* being happy. Oh high drama! Here she is ever SO close to that elusive million dollars and being crowned The Bestest In The Whole Entire World Survivor Evah and she blew it. Again. *Sob* *Boo and Hoo* Could someone stick a bag over her head? PLEASE?

12-08-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 13"
I wonder if the race was so close Jeff had to confer in order to make the call. That would account for one or more people standing around without the necklace and then getting the news of who won and reacting. Just a thought.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •