The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This season is bad"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-26-04, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This season is bad"
Am I the only AI fan out there who is very bored with this season? I think the majority of the contestants are awful and it is the same routine with Simon/Paula. Does anyone agree? The singers are my biggest gripe.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This season is bad I_AM_HE 03-26-04 1
 RE: This season is bad StarryLuna 03-26-04 2
   RE: This season is bad popcorn_with_sam 03-26-04 3
   RE: This season is bad brvnkrz 03-26-04 4
 RE: This season is bad zeffy 03-27-04 5
 RE: This season is bad Ricky 03-27-04 6
 RE: This season is bad qwertypie 03-27-04 7
   RE: This season is bad EnglProf 03-27-04 10
       RE: This season is bad Fishercat 03-28-04 12
           RE: This season is bad jplfan 03-30-04 18
 RE: This season is bad Rothschild 03-27-04 8
   RE: This season is bad applesugar 03-27-04 9
 RE: This season is bad smakitupflipit 03-27-04 11
   RE: This season is bad popcorn_with_sam 03-29-04 15
   RE: This season is bad shedevil 03-31-04 20
 RE: This season is bad realityluver 03-29-04 13
 RE: This season is bad pityme 03-29-04 14
 RE: This season is bad strid333 03-29-04 16
   RE: This season is bad greenmonstah 03-29-04 17
 RE: This season is bad MTW1961 03-30-04 19
 RE: This season is bad LilNik8 03-31-04 21
 RE: This season is bad Loquatrix 03-31-04 22
 RE: This season is bad callalilly3000 04-02-04 23
   methinks... anotherkim 04-02-04 24
       RE: methinks... escapedude 04-03-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-26-04, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This season is bad"
nope, i agree, but its not much different from past seasons with regard to the talent, as far as i can tell. i mean last season had clay-ruben-kim locke (all three of which are admittedly better than anyone this year so far - although i have hope for amy, latoya, and maybe jennifer reaching that level) but no one else really

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-26-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This season is bad"
I agree completely. I still watch, but it's pretty boring. Of course, these two hour episodes aren't helping the boring factor. I usually keep one ear on the tv and do a bunch of chores around the house while I listen to them sing.

popcorn_with_sam 154 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-26-04, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popcorn_with_sam Click to send private message to popcorn_with_sam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This season is bad"
I have to say I agree as well. I didn't even care enough about anyone this week to vote. I missed the show the week before.

I am hoping as the contestants become more polished, I will start enjoying the show more.

linda

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-04, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This season is bad"
I agree with these too long two hour episodes. If they would cut out all of the cheesey group productions and stupid bantor between each other they could squeeze it down to an hour and half. After an hour and half, I'm bored and forcing myself to watch the last half hour.

zeffy 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-27-04, 04:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zeffy Click to send private message to zeffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This season is bad"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-04 AT 04:59 AM (EST)

Ehh.. There's just a different focus of talent this year.. I find most of the females too 'typical' for my tastes so I really only watch the show for JPL since George's voice is too scruffy for my liking and after listening to John Steves, I want to sleep 90% of the time (at least it's a good type of sleepiness).

I've actually missed most of the second hour anyways since Top Model was on. Watching Shandi in emotional distress is (sickening) more more better than watching Fantasia sing.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-27-04, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This season is bad"
Give it a chance to develop. Diana, LaToya, and Fantasia are great singers whose images could develop. Remember Clay was a great singer but was VERY geeky in the beginning. He just kinda grew on us over time. JPL and Jon Stevens are interesting characters too. They are also milking this season with too many two hour specials, that's gotta stop soon I would think. This is the most popular season yet in terms of audience and voting. It's still one of the few shows I can't miss during the week.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: This season is bad"
Yeah, the two hour format has GOT TO GO. Does anyone know if the Tuesday broadcast will be two hours for the duration of the season, or will it drop to one hour as the contestants drop off? (I certainly hope so, can you imagine the horrid filler when we are down to 5 contestants?)

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-27-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: This season is bad"
I'm almost positive this week is back to a one hour Tuesday show and that that's how things will be on Tuesdays from here on out. They have to have room for 24 after all--which returns this week at 9:00, I believe.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-28-04, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: This season is bad"
Whoo! Go 24! Only show ahead of AI for me...at least on FOX.

jplfan 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-30-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jplfan Click to send private message to jplfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: This season is bad"
>Whoo! Go 24! Only show ahead
>of AI for me...at least
>on FOX.

24 is my favorite too, then AI. Tuesday nights rock!
I'm glad 24 is back this week! It's been too long!

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-27-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This season is bad"
it's great --- i need a 2 hour nap

applesugar 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-27-04, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applesugar Click to send private message to applesugar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This season is bad"
Well I disagee with all of you. I think the show is great and the talent too!!

smakitupflipit 29 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-04, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smakitupflipit Click to send private message to smakitupflipit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: This season is bad"
I don't think it's fair to base the "badness" of the season squarely on the talent pool. I have a way bigger problem with the stupid comments Ryan makes, the AT&T commercials that are the same every time, too much filler material (now the skits are advertisements for Ford and Old Navy? Gag me). I think there are 4 or 5 people who have talent, and 5 who do not. Paula has got to go too. I can see LaToya, Diana, and JPL getting a shot at record deals. George is too much like Ruben, John S. is too much like Clay, and Jen and Fantasia are too much like half the women in Pop right now. They should can the results show, and get rid of the loser at the beginning of the next show.

popcorn_with_sam 154 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popcorn_with_sam Click to send private message to popcorn_with_sam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: This season is bad"
You have a good point. Last week I didn't even want to watch because I knew it would be full of commercials and filler. I am so glad it's only one hour this week.

I do enjoy the performances, even though I am not really excited about any one person yet.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-31-04, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: This season is bad"
Wow, I agree with everything that you said. All of it. I like Paula but she is useless on the show. All she does is over compliment the ones who don't deserve it, interupt Simon, and hold Randy's hand. She has no real purpose because she'd rather die that give anyone the truth about their performances. Ryan is just plain annoying, his insults to Simon are usually lame and only make him look jealous.

realityluver 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityluver Click to send private message to realityluver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: This season is bad"
I think this group (as a whole) is just as talented as the past two seasons' groups (as a whole). Each season has it's standouts and it's duds. I feel about the same right now as I did during this part the last two times. It always picks up for me once the number of contestants drops. It's hard to keep track of all the performers in the beginning.

"Nothing comes between me and my TV!!!"

pityme 46 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pityme Click to send private message to pityme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: This season is bad"
I'm not really bored. In fact, i look forward to every episode of the show. i find it exciting. And the fights among Randy, Paula, Ryan, and Simon spice up what i think is already a very interesting show.
And I think the singers are very good. The list can be better though. A lot of great singers like the scooter girl, the mouthy Las vegas boy who sang the 'Ghost Song', the girl who made a song about her gay boyfriend, and the beautiful black girl who called Simon gay, etc....
were eliminated.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-29-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: This season is bad"
Yep, I agree. I liked the first two AIs but this time I'm not really interested. Partly because I cannot vote (I'm Canadian) and partly because it seems so been there done that with voices that seem so alike.

I only watch it when my dad is in the city. He can be like Simon (only with more professional judgement on the actual voice quality) because he almost got his doctorate in music with voice as the major. I like hearing my dad's opinions. He really liked Matt's voice (well, only when he opened up and sang opera) but agreed with America and said he doesn't belong in this competition because they aren't looking for an opera singer. He doesn't like George because he has a really bad raspiness that could be from acid reflux damaging the vocal chords or from improper technique that could require a speech pathologist to fix.

Three is the perfect number.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: This season is bad"
I agree with the (almost) Dr. Strid: George's voice sounds like it had been through the grinder. It reminds me of what Ruben's voice sounded like at the end of last season. His voice is nothing spectacular...

Now if this were a cute dimple contest...

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-30-04, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: This season is bad"
If you are fed up with the two hour Idolathons, I have two words for you:

Ti Vo

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you hugged your TiVo today?

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: This season is bad"
>Am I the only AI fan
>out there who is very
>bored with this season? I
>think the majority of the
>contestants are awful and it
>is the same routine with
>Simon/Paula. Does anyone agree? The
>singers are my biggest gripe.
>

I def. don't think this is the best season as the judges have claimed before. I think there are so really good singers on here: Latoya, Diana, Jennifer, George etc. but then there are some REALLY poor ones (leah, camille, john stevens). It seems like too much of a disparity. Maybe the judges need a break because these people don't always sound good when they say they do. As far as AI and AI 2 went, I was more engaged. There was always one consistent singer that always looked good and sang well that I looked forward to (Tamyra, Kelly, Ryan (I loved her!), Ruben, Clay, Kim Locke). I dont see that consistency. Maybe it's the song choice. I don't particularly like the theme weeks...not everyone can sing country or motown etc.

~PhoenixMons is God Thank you so much!~

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: This season is bad"
This season is SO bad, missygirl. Thank goodness for TiVo, that's all I can say.

Well, I can also say "I am really hoping for one of the contestants to fall off the stage or for her top to fall down or for one of them to forget their words and burst into tears and run off stage, as the possibility of a phenomenon like this is the the only thing keeping me watching."

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-04, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: This season is bad"
I agree 100%. How could Paula and Randy have said that this is the best finalist in the 3 seasons. NO WAY! I haven't even voted once this year and I don't really care who wins. But yet, I will still watch. Funny, but I'm hooked!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "methinks..."

that the judges are overcompensating. They are trying way too hard to convince the public that some of these stinkers are really good. They know the public's reaction to this group. They're just terrible at spinning it into a good thing (as if that were possible).

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--if you have to tell someone how good your choices are, chances are they suck.

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-03-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: methinks..."
>f you are fed up with the two hour Idolathons, I have two words for you:
Ti Vo
>

Yeah no kidding MTW!..I dont think this season is that great either..The only judge that holds any water is Simon..Maybe Randy ..I would jump off a bridge if actaully had to sit thru 2hrs ours of this..(1 hr 45 mins of ford promotional skits, commercials. and 15 mins of performing.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •