The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-05, 04:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
1. One Survivor deceives the others by giving them the wrong clues to where the hidden Immunity idol rests.

2. Several Survivors become angry after one overindulges in a Reward.

3. One Survivor secretly follows a tribemate on a hunt for the hidden Immunity idol and soon finds out that the tribemate is not to be trusted.

Discuss...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Outfrontgirl 11-04-05 1
   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Peachezz 11-04-05 2
   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Flowerpower 11-04-05 3
   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... volsfan 11-04-05 4
       RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... true 11-04-05 5
   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... true 11-04-05 6
       RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Bebo 11-04-05 7
           RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... true 11-04-05 8
               RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Bebo 11-04-05 9
                   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... emydi 11-04-05 11
                   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... true 11-04-05 13
                       RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Brownroach 11-04-05 14
                           RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... true 11-04-05 15
                               RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Brownroach 11-04-05 16
                                   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... emydi 11-04-05 17
                                       RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Bebo 11-04-05 18
                                           RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... emydi 11-04-05 20
                                       RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Brownroach 11-04-05 19
                                           RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... emydi 11-04-05 21
                                               RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... michel 11-04-05 22
                                                   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... emydi 11-04-05 23
   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... 1derfool 11-05-05 25
 RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... PhillyBrat 11-04-05 10
   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... JazzyJax 11-04-05 12
 RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Karchita 11-05-05 24
 RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... jenjk 11-05-05 26
   RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... emydi 11-05-05 27
       RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Flowerpower 11-05-05 28
           RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... emydi 11-05-05 29
 RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Bravehart 11-05-05 30
 RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secr... Outfrontgirl 11-05-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-05 AT 04:50 AM (EST)

Damn, I was posting to the existing Ep 9 thread when this went up. I'll copy my post to this thread then.

Several Survivors become angry after one overindulges in a Reward.

JUDD his name his MUD he sullied the shelter

Either Judd wins Reward or the winner shares with him or we have some kind of Survivor Auction situation. Judd denies it so I guess they didn't SEE him do it. Maybe they know because he's the one who got special food and drink. Maybe they know because even though they all got something he was the blatant overindulger.

Clue answer: BobbyJon, spending more than 5 minutes with Staph, in the Shelter.

One Survivor deceives the others by giving them the wrong clues to where the hidden Immunity idol rests.

One Survivor secretly follows a tribemate on a hunt for the hidden Immunity idol and soon finds out that the tribemate is not to be trusted

Do they get clues in tree mail? As of this episode, no one had a clue. But how do you hide tree mail from the others? They always gather round and read it together. Why would one person have clues and the others not? Could that be some element of reward? If so, why share (apparently) only to deceive? I'm confused.

I think the deceiver and the untrustworthy person will be one and the same. First someone gives out misleading clues, then heads out to find the idol following the real clues, only someone decides to follow the clue-giver and sees him/her find the idol ... thus knowing that the idol-finder is an untrustworthy false clue-giving bastard.

Who is untrustworthy?

From remarks in previews, Gary says he's going as far as he can -- maybe it's Gary who can't be trusted. He may be commenting in confessional on why he gave out false clues.

Untrustworthy. Who? Truthful Gary?

Not that Gary's the only one who can't be trusted. Judd would mess with the others gladly, for example. However, post-ep broadcast preview only had one confessional that I thought could be related to the clue incident--Gary's.

Peachezz 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-04-05, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peachezz Click to send private message to Peachezz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
Maybe the winner of Reward Challenge received clues to the hidden idol as well as food/ drink. Maybe he doesn't really have to share the clues but does seem to share - only what he shares is false.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
I really felt like Gary would be the one to find the hidden idol, after the previews last night....

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
Several Survivors become angry after one overindulges in a Reward.

Why leave Jaime out? We have already seen that he doesn't care what others think. Judd was the main person telling Jaime to calm down after his little explosion last night. I would not be surprised to see Jaime being the one that over indulges.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
Vols, the preview reveals that Judd is the one who overindulges. (pukes in the shelter)

11-04-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
One Survivor deceives the others by giving them the wrong clues to where the hidden Immunity idol rests.

One Survivor secretly follows a tribemate on a hunt for the hidden Immunity idol and soon finds out that the tribemate is not to be trusted

There are several ways that this could play out. The whole "clues" thing throws me a little bit, since I just don't see Jiffy handing out clues this soon after revealing the existance of the extra idol. Maybe someone makes something up, like a person who does not feel vulnerable leading a vulnerable person on a wild goose chase. This scenario would probably involve Jamie or Judd.

I too think these two blurbs are related. I don't think anyone left would feel betrayed by a member of the other alliance. Each side would expect to be duped by the other, so this tells me that someone trys to deceive a member of their own alliance.

BJ has been told he's next to go. He will be feeling the most pressure to find that idol, or win II. If Gary or Danni were to mislead him with bogus clues, he'd definately feel betrayed. It was clear in episode 8 that Gary feels just as vulnerable, and so does Danni, so I wouldn't be surprised if one of them doesn't try to throw the other off the idol trail.

Same could be said for the NuFriendship (hahaha), but to a slightly lesser extent. None of them feel vulnerable at this point, so they won't be looking as hard for the hidden idol. In fact, I'd think they'd be happy if anyone BUT BJ/Danni/Gary finds it, so I'm ruling them out as betraying each other.

Having said all that, I think the whole thing is a big, steamy, pile of misdirection.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
BJ has been told he's next to go. He will be feeling the most pressure to find that idol, or win II. If Gary or Danni were to mislead him with bogus clues, he'd definately feel betrayed.

There was a confessional in last night's episode that leads me to believe that Gary will be the betrayer. Gary was the one who told us in confessional that if he found the idol, he wouldn't tell anyone else. So it wouldn't be at all surprising for Gary to find the idol, but mislead other people to think the idol was still out there.

11-04-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
8. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
I agree with you Beebs, and I think that BJ, Gary, or Danni will be the one to find the hidden idol. The majority alliance won't even be looking, or at least not looking as hard. Although, it wouldn't suprise me if someone who is not looking just stumbles upon it.

This weeks episode title makes me think that the hidden idol is not only found this week, but used this week. The only people who would use it this week are BJ/Danni/Gary, and they will for sure use it if one of those three win II. If NuNakum cuts one of their own, and they should, they won't need to inform the other 3 of their plan to make it work. It would smoke out the hidden idol, and it won't even make an impact on the vote. Suprise!

11-04-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
The majority alliance won't even be looking, or at least not looking as hard.

I dunno about that one. Since the idol can be used up to final 4, there are folks who will want to make sure that they're not the first one cut when nuNakum has to turn on itself.

I'll bet Jaime's looking for it, under the guise of "protecting the alliance". While he's arrogant about his alliance to the point of making mistakes, and while he's making himself look like a juicy final 2 opponent, the last thing he's going to want is to have someone else find the idol and ruin the plans.

And I have no doubt that he would love to be able to pull it out at the next TC and say to Bobby Jon, "Don't you wish you could use this about now?" given how, ahem, gentlemanly his behavior has been to this point.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
As of yesterday before the show, I was leaning towards Jamie finding it and having to use it in Ep. 9 bc of the Ep. 9 title..idol surprise. Jamie would have to be blind not to see that he may be going...Rafe's and Cindy's comments at TC in EP. 8 stress that. However, I think that story line of Rafe and Cindy balking at the F6 will take until Ep. 10 to make it to fruition..when Jamie goes.

In Ep 8, I think I saw the idol 2 times during the show...I know at least once it was shown when Brandon was looking for it,(and I thought another time at beg. when BJ was looking for it). It appears it's low in a tree root maybe??? did anyone else catch this?

But in the previews for Ep. 9, the idol is shown again right after Danni is shown. Does she find it?

Or does Gary find it bc of the confessional last nite and him saying he won't tell anyone?

I don't see Danni as being the type to lie about it, but Gary definitely..maybe he does find it and uses it in Ep. 9 when he really doesn't need to bc BJ is gone in Ep. 9 imo bc of his quest to make it to jury...he JUST makes it....

I could see Rafe being the one to spy...but Steph is just as likely...

I'm leaning towards Gary finding it now...but will he use it in Ep. 9 or 10? He is a challenge threat as I opined last week, so he may have moved up on the list before Danni..and if Rafe et al. know he lied about it..he def. moves up above Danni in pecking order.

But, right now, what I think might happen is that Gary is the one that finds it in Ep. 9 but doesn't use it until Ep. 10...maybe he even wins II in Ep. 9 again. BJ is toast per the F6 boot list (I think it holds ONE more week) and then come Ep. 10, Gary does not win II and decides he MUST use it.

BUT instead of booting Danni whom Rafe and Cindy (and prob. Lydia) seem to like and is not such a threat as Brandon was and their "hearts and morality" win out and they boot the loudmouth dumbass Jamie in Ep. 10.

Then when Gary the liar has no hidden idol or II in Ep. 11 he goes as the liar he is and the F6 is Danni, Judd , Cindy, Lydia, Rafe and Steph. By this time, Danni has used her social skills to enmesh in the NuFriendship and they boot Judd before her..then anything can happen with IIs at F5.

I still think the editing shows Danni as the winner of this thing...and BJ is definitely not voting for Steph if she is in the F2...Judd and Jamie would feel betrayed and vote Danni too and so would Brandon, he called Danni his sister last nite. So the guys will give Danni the million bucks...but I'm getting WAY ahead of myself here

11-04-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
13. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
Yes, Jamie said he'd look for it, if only to prevent one of the others from getting it. But, when he and Judd were looking, Judd gave up, and Jamie quit looking with him. He said "let's just go chill".

Steph said in confessional that immunity was cool and all, but she'd rather have food.

Rafe gave up looking pretty quickly.

Was Lydia even shown looking? She obviously feels safe, since she was an eater.

Cindy may continue looking as it's clear she feels she's the low man on the totem poll.

I just don't think any of the magic 6 will give as much effort as the 3 remaining in the minority.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
Unless one of the magic 6 has the clues.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

11-04-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
15. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
True, but if one of the magic 6 has the clue, who will they betray? One of their own? None of them could betray the minority, since they have no tie to betray. They're not on the chopping block, so what would be the point? If it is one of them, I'd guess either Jamie or Judd, they both seem to be the ring leaders of the trash talking and obnoxious antics. I don't think behavior like that, from either of them, would come as a big suprise, or as a betrayl, just more of the same.

Except! for Steph, who is running that group. If either of them mess with her, they're g.o.n.e., and gone this week.

11-04-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-05 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

They're not on the chopping block, so what would be the point?

But as Bebo pointed out, the immunity is good until final 4.

I don't think behavior like that, from either of them, would come as a big suprise, or as a betrayl, just more of the same.

Judd and Jamie may be a-holes, but neither one has done anything devious to their alliancemates yet. Nor has anyone else on nuYaxha for that matter (unless you want to count Stephenie temporarily saving Bobby Jon). So, yes, I think it would raise any of the nuYaxhas' eyebrows to find out that they were deliberately lied to about the clues by one of their alliancemates.

11-04-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
and who is the most deliberate liar of them all? (albeit not a great one)

Gary Hawkins

Danni and BJ don't lie or at least we don't see it if they try to.

However, if the RC winner(who is Judd the puker and balance is most likely RC ) gets the clues..then it could be Judd (with Jamie's help) who lies...in web promo Steph says about Judd somthing like this..

He could ruin it all

11-04-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
18. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
He could ruin it all

Are we sure Steph's talking about Judd? This could be some creative editing to provide misdirection. If Gary wins his second straight IC, then Gary could ruin the plan by shifting the order. The comment could also refer to Gary ruining the plan by finding the idol.

11-04-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
20. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
nope, not at all...it seemed that way to me though...

Steph also said about who knows....

it would be so amazing if he found it

BJ?

11-04-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
19. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
Gary doesn't deliberately lie, he just doesn't admit to the truth when asked.

Keep in mind, the person who lies about the clues doesn't necessarily have to be the person that finds the miniII. I agree with PhillyBrat that the clues will likely be given to the RC winner. Since Judd, if he didn't win, is least indulging in the reward, I would expect that a NuNakum is the winner.

But Gary might very well be the one to find the miniII.

Speaking of the miniII, I just wanted to say that when Jeff said it was 6" tall, I started laughing -- I immediately thought of the shrunken Stonehenge prop in "This Is Spinal Tap." Someone might inadvertently step on the miniII and crush it without realizing it.

11-04-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
21. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
Ok, ur right about the clues person and finder not nec. having to be the same person...

I also think the clues will come as a part of RC like the clues to the treasure chest on A$$...I actually said that when we learned of it..if it happens...it will be a first for something I've thought might happen happening

And I think Judd is winning it...it's the balance challenge and Judd walked pretty well with that pot on his head..it was like Joyce and Ulchenna in Africa...

But I think in order for the order to go BJ Jamie Gary...I think Gary has to be the one to find it...and use it ep 10.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
Emidy, if the order goes BJ, Jaime, Gary and is due to the hidden Idol, there is another way it could happen. Imagine Jaime finds it in ep. 10 and arrogantly shows it to everyone, only to tell Jeff he won't be needing it yet. Then they all bunch up on him and he goes to sequesterville with the II in his pocket! Wouldn't that be fun!
Most probably however, Rafe simply manages to break up the axis of evil.

11-04-05, 07:10 PM (EST)
23. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
I thought of that too, micheL!! but gary going before Danni makes me think he has immunity alot and he scares steph..you see it starting in Ep. 9 web promo

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-05-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
Is stealing permitted? If so, whoever finds the HII might not be the one who gets to use it.

There's no way I'd take the HII back to camp if I found it - there's no safe place to keep it unless I wanted to tell everyone I've got it. This defeats the purpose the way I see it - it's more effective springing it as a surprise at TC. They don't have a lot of personal possessions to hide it with, it's easy for anyone to find if they just look at your small bundle of clothes. About the only way to keep it secret is to hide it someplace until TC time, re-hide later if you don't need it.

Assume somebody finds it and hides it in a safe place, then gets a shock when JP hands out clues at the reward (or however they get the clues). That person will have to 'interpret' the clues for the searchers, send them off on a different path so they don't get anywhere near where the HII has been stored. While they're off looking, he/she will be doing something different or not searching seriously, raising suspicion and ending up being spied on. All it takes is one look to see if the HII is still hidden and the spy knows where it is. Just take it when the coast is clear and hide it somewhere else. The original Findee would be in for a shock to see it's not there when he/she needs it. At TC the 2nd Findee uses it. This could lead to the 'colorful exit' we've heard of before. Just getting voted out doesn't normally get a wild outburst at TC, they might not be happy with it but they don't really get irrational about it. However, if the bootee is out because somebody got the HII by stealing, I can see this becoming an issue, strong words at the least. My hope is that Jamie finds it first but BJ steals it and gets to use it.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-05, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
1. One Survivor deceives the others by giving them the wrong clues to where the hidden Immunity idol rests.

Obviously no one found the idol with the first x Days that it has been out there. Because the jungle is THIS BIG and the idol is "this big" giving them clues sounds something that the person who wins reward would get. (All stars and their keys for their rice comes to mind.)

We know this is Judd, he pukes and denys it. I am sure that he wins some drink and over drinks and thus makes it bad for everyone else to live there.

3. One Survivor secretly follows a tribemate on a hunt for the hidden Immunity idol and soon finds out that the tribemate is not to be trusted.

This statement tears me apart... Because I beleive here that someone follows another player. That player discovers the idol and comes back to camp denying the whole thing.

To me it would sound like Rafe following Gary.. however he said he is done looking for the idol.

Also this could be someone following Stephanie talking to Bobby jon about whatever and they decide not to trust Her any more.

This last statement here though is critical I beleive.

BRATZ

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-04-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
>2. Several Survivors become angry after
>one overindulges in a Reward.

>We know this is Judd, he
>pukes and denys it. I
>am sure that he wins
>some drink and over drinks
>and thus makes it bad
>for everyone else to live
>there.

I think Judd sais "Man, I don't remember anything from last night", meaning he was SO wasted, but I don't think he was denying it. How could anyone do it in the shelter and nobody notice?

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-05-05, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
I'm no spoiler, but here goes anyhoo ...

I agree with everyone who has said that this is probably part of the reward and the person who does this doesn't necessarily find the reward first.

Who wins award? And who would be willing to play dirty and has expressed a concern about preventing others from finding the HII?

We know Judd probably goes on award, but we don't know if he wins it or is the guest of the winner. Maybe Jaime wins and takes Judd along because he missed out on the last feast, they are buddies, and Jamie needs to shore up his meathead alliance partner after his offensive comments to Judd.

Then, Jamie is given the clue and decides to misdirect G/BJ/D. He's been such an @ss to them, I can just picture him then laughing at their efforts.

BTW, am I missing something because I don't see where the misdirection says someone feels betrayed by this.

OK, this is Judd. But who gets angry? Cindy, Rafe, Gary and Lydia don't seem outspoken enough, but anyone could get worked up over this, depending on personal proximity to the barf, I suppose. BJ? Dani? Possibly. Steph? Jaimie? Yes, but that could fray the meathead alliance. Any thoughts on this?

3. One Survivor secretly follows a tribemate on a hunt for
the hidden Immunity idol and soon finds out that the
tribemate is not to be trusted.

Suppose Gary (or someone else) finds the HII and conceals it. Then he pretends to keep looking for it, and someone else is suspicious, follows him as he goes out in the jungle and takes a nap or something.

I don't think Gary is habitually dishonest. He lied about his football career, but he had good reason, that he would be toast if everyone assumed he was a millionaire many times over already. And he did it rather badly. So he thinks he would keep the HII a secret if he found it. Keeping a secret isn't really being dishonest, just secretive. But then I tend to fall hard for the Gary/Tom type of guy. In fact, I married one, so I am a little partial.

This sounds like one of those misdirections that is way overblown, and ends up totally inconsequential.

jenjk 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-05-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenjk Click to send private message to jenjk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
In addition, TV Guide.com states "The search for the hidden immunity idol heats up after one castaway wins a clue to its location at the reward challenge."

We have the information that there is a food reward and a clue reward. Could the reward challenge take place as 3 teams of 3 with the winning team of 3 enjoying the feast? And the fastest to complete the task on the winning team wins the clue to the hidden immunity idol.

Just a thought.

Jen

11-05-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
27. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-05 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

I think you got it jen...if you look in the web promo, Jamie, Judd and gary at nite coming back..from reward..Judd has a cigar in his mouth and looks quite drunk.

so these three win it and I would think Gary could out run or out whatever Judd or Jamie to win the clue...but all 3 of them could win it and Gary to have a better chance of finding it...which I think he does...agrees with JJ to give the other 6 false clues...

Fromm the web promo...Steph Judd and Rafe are all competing against each other..maybe this is showing the 3 different teams

with Judd Jamie Gary
Steph Lydia Cindy
Rafe BJ Danni

THE LAST 2 teams are just guesses but it doesn't matter Judd

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-05 AT 04:21 PM (EST)

Yes, this could be a team reward. In the vidcap thread though we see a drunk Judd at night, with Jamie helping him, also pictured at night are Gary and Steph. In the vidcaps at the challenge, Judd and Steph are definately competing against each other, and Jamie is seen doing another kind of task. Maybe one survivor is delegated to a different task. For example, Rafe could be delagated to the "rope" part of the challenge, while Steph competes on the balance beam portion for their team...(just throwing spec out there).....ropes and knots are also involved.

I don't know if just Judd and Jamie go on the reward, and Gary and Steph come out when they hear all the commotion of the returning reward winners???

ETA:1. One Survivor deceives the others by giving them the wrong clues to where the hidden Immunity idol rests. So, if Judd goes on to win the RC and gets a clue to the hidden II, then he is the one to deceive others...no surprise there!
2. Several Survivors become angry after one overindulges in a Reward. Judd, again...

Could this be referring to Judd again....all 3 misdirection clues referring to one survivor??? Has this happened before???

11-05-05, 04:26 PM (EST)
29. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-05 AT 04:32 PM (EST)

I think the only 3 that go on the reward are Gary/J/J...we see them first...with Gary being the dad and Jamie helping his drunk brother to bed...

We see steph the mother hen later...I think she is worried about if Gary got an in with "her boys" She wakes up when they get back..

The next shot in the WB is her talking about SOMEONE "ruining the plan" THIS IS GARY...

he teams will def be picked out of a hat.

But do all 3 get the reward or just Gary?

I firmly believe Gary finds it now...and doesn't use it until Ep. 10 when they boot Jamie...I think he wins II in Ep. 9, can't win it in Ep. 10 bc its the coconut challenge which Cindy will probably win. This will give Rafe and Cindy with Steph the impetus they need to go after Jamie instead of presumably Danni. But after that, Steph puts her foot down and offs Gary as the immunity threat that he is. After that..not sure..

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-05-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
>3. One Survivor secretly follows a
>tribemate on a hunt for
>the hidden Immunity idol and
>soon finds out that the
>tribemate is not to be
>trusted.

Could it be say... Gary or BJ find the hidden idol with someone following them...say Jamie or Judd. The follower agrees to keep the find a secret but tells someone/everyone about the find when they get back to camp anyhow. Thus, that Tribe-mate cannot be trusted...

OR, the tribe-mate who finds the hidden II promises something to the follower for keeping quiet about the find and then reneges...

OR, the follower views the finder making a pact with another Tribe-mate against an alliance...

Plus, I think the holder of the hidden II (if the rest of the tribe know) will be a target to make them use it up right away!

We know that the hidden II is small and concealable, for someone to hide until TC. I wish the finder could conceal the idol until after the vote. ie. Why would Gary pull it out (lol) if unbeknownst to Gary, BJ was the target? It seems like a waste of immunity if you have to produce it before the vote. Maybe the tribe wasn't voting you out! I think it would be way more dramatic if the vote went against Gary, so Gary pulled the II out after the vote and said "no way man....." Thus forcing a second vote with no chance to confer.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: SeeBS Mis-Direction ep. 9:"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise""
I like the idea of 3 teams of 3 randomly picked. The producers are going to want a reward that mixes up these heavy alliances and makes people work to win with the "enemy." Creates some opportunity for an alliance shake-up.

Unfortunately, if it works out that J/J/G win (as it seems), that's not an optimal configuration for a shake-up. The boys can have a good time but they aren't going to form a new team.

Gawd, I just had this mental image of BJ, Jamie, and Judd as a winning team, being sent off to get drunk and then all hell breaking loose. I wonder if they tweaked the "random" draw to ensure that wasn't a possible combo.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •