The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brian' s interview with RNO"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-21-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brian' s interview with RNO"
Brian is a great interview subject. And funny, too -- check out what he said he'd do over differently. I just wish he'd drop something spoilerish into the mix.

“There Was a Lot of Strategizing That Didn’t Get Shown”: An Interview with Survivor: Guatemala’s Brian
by David Bloomberg -- 10/21/2005

Survivor: Guatemala’s’s Brian may have been one of the most strategically-oriented people this season. Find out what was going on behind the scenes that we never knew about – for example, what is the “3-2-1 plan”? And how did Brian boost David’s ego? It’s all here!

Regular readers know that I picked Brian to win it all before the series even began. As we got to know him better, I came to like him even better as he showed the right combination of personality and strategy. Unfortunately, his tribe may have gotten wise to him, because they blindsided him and sent him home. Still, Brian wasn’t upset – he was actually happy! Find out what we didn’t see on the show and much more right here.

RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Brian, and thanks for taking the time to answer these questions for RealityNewsOnline readers. I have to start by telling you that you were my pick to win it all from before the game began airing, and I felt even better about that prediction as time went on and you proved yourself to be a smart player. Do you think you would have had a better chance during a season when the mental game was more emphasized than it has this time around, where it has been so physical?

Brian: David, you should know I’m a big fan and I read your article every week. Thanks so much for rooting for me; I really appreciated that.

As for the mental challenges, I think that the tribe would have seen more of my strengths, or maybe a different kind of strength. It wasn’t that I was weak, it was that I was not as big as the rest of the tribe. Had there been more mental challenges, I think they would have voted differently. It was a season where brute force was pivotal.

RNO: What did you do to prepare for Survivor – did you read up on strategy, watch old shows, etc.?

Brian: I didn’t need to read up on it because I am crazy obsessed with Survivor. I wanted to be on for five years and I had been preparing for that whole time. It was a real dream come true.

RNO: What was your strategy coming into the game, and how did it change as things evolved?

Brian: I knew better than to have a strategy going in to the game because you can’t strategize before you know who you are with. I planned on being a chameleon in the sense that I would reveal different parts of my personality depending on the context. For example, I was more moral around Danni and more sarcastic around Amy. I was never faking anything, just showing different parts of me where I thought it was appropriate.

RNO: You seemed truly happy to have had the wool pulled over your eyes, which would generally cause the opposite emotions in most people – could you expand on what you meant?

Brian: If I had to lose the game, I didn’t want to see it coming and feel like there was nothing I could do about it because I feel that is really frustrating and pretty miserable. Also, as a fan of the show, I think it’s just better for viewers when people are playing hard and part of playing hard means someone has to get blindsided. Unfortunately, it was me, but that’s the beauty of the game. I love it.

RNO: In what turned out to be your final vote, why had you decided to target Bobby Jon?

Brian: First off, my ridiculous “Outwit” line when I voted had nothing to do with Bobby Jon himself. I think he’s a really amazing guy, but I thought I had a foolproof (ha) plan to outwit Nakum. I thought that Danni might go that way because had a chance to play before. There was a lot of strategizing that didn’t get shown on TV. I had what I called the 3-2-1 plan which was to split Nakum’s vote in order to avoid a tie. I wanted Gary and I to lie to Danni, Brandon, and Bobby Jon, saying we should vote for Amy because of her ankle. Brandon always felt badly voting for people so I told him it would be okay for him to vote for me because the four of us would vote for Amy. In actuality, with Nakum split two for Amy and one for me, Gary, Amy, and I would have a three person majority.

RNO: We saw the strategy you used to help get rid of Blake – “Bait Blake” – what other game strategies did you use that we didn’t see?

Brian: Same as above, the 3-2-1 strategy. Unfortunately, Gary and Amy had other plans that they wisely kept from me! And good for them; that’s good gameplay.

RNO: Why do you think Gary was so afraid of a tie that he was willing to vote you out and put himself at a numbers disadvantage?

Brian: I think Gary had formed an alliance with Danni and I think that he planned on sticking with the new Yaxha after the merge, so I don’t think he felt like he was putting himself back into a minority.

RNO: What do you think of the overall strategy that has been shown so far in this series, most of which was simply targeting the physically weakest person?

Brian: It wasn’t that simple. For example, with Morgan, it had nothing to do with her strength. I had an alliance with Jamie and Lydia, and to protect our alliance (and because we genuinely loved her), Jamie and I really went to bat to keep Lydia around. It didn’t matter who went in her place. Morgan was an easy target because Gary thought that she was lazy, which she really wasn’t. Morgan’s a great woman.

RNO: If you had it to do over again, what would you do differently?

Brian: For starters, I wouldn’t have put “deep teal” as my favorite color. I think that I got the most flack for that, and rightfully so. I should have gone with my real favorite color, which is obviously “medium teal.”

RNO: Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about your time on Survivor?

Brian: I had the most amazing time, no regrets. I played as hard as I could and even though I wasn’t nearly as in control as it sometimes seemed like I thought I was, at least I was playing. It was great. There are great people in the game and my hat is off to them for playing hard and playing well.

RNO: Thanks again, Brian!

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Brian' s interview with RNO Loquatrix 10-21-05 1
   RE: Brian' s interview with RNO Brownroach 10-21-05 2
       RE: Brian' s interview with RNO Loquatrix 10-21-05 3
           You get your wish, sort of Brownroach 10-25-05 6
               RE: You get your wish, sort of Surviette 10-25-05 7
       RE: Brian' s interview with RNO MDSkinner 10-24-05 4
 RE: Brian' s interview with RNO jkokoj 10-25-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-21-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Brian' s interview with RNO"
Thanks for this, BR! I've had a chance to hang around the boards today and there's tons of interesting material coming from all directions!

I honestly think Brian's too on-the-ball to reveal much of anything, spoiler-wise. He strikes me as the kind of player EPMB would have no worries about once they're out in the world doing their interviews, unlike a Blake, for example, who was umming and ah-ing and sounding like he was about to say something then realizing it would be too revelatory and quickly changing tack.

So Brian, despite being slammed over on Bashers for his "superiority," actually has a self deprecating-sense of humour, is readily forthcoming with praise for his vanquishers, and genuinely sounds as though he had the time of his life even though he got bamboozled. He irritated the heckers out of me at times with his theatrical personality, but 'nuff respect to him for grace in defeat.

10-21-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Brian' s interview with RNO"
I agree he's too on-the-ball to outright spill something. But maybe a teaser to chew on.

On TES none of the questions directed to him and Margaret were about what might happen in the game, e.g. Will Judd get his comeuppance? Who do you think is playing the best? etc. Otherwise we might have gotten a little more information out of them.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-05, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Brian' s interview with RNO"
Yes, it's a little disappointing, because I do feel as though Brian is a sneaky lurker on spoiling boards and therefore loves this side of the game too. You can't be that much a student of the game and NOT talk about it with other Survivor nerds like us, can you?

I was kind of hoping he'd sit down in a confessional one day and casually, cunningly say something like "Survivor BLOWS sometimes," in reference to an upcoming difficult vote or some such. But I'm a dreamer like that. ;)

10-25-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
6. "You get your wish, sort of"
Ha-ha! From Survivor Live:

Dalton Ross: We like to see people get blindsided and then scream at people at Tribal Council.

Brian: Jeff Probst at the beginning of the season said that there is a colorful exit and the Internet community...I read (the) internet community...said, "The colorful exit is Brian, he seems like the type to blow up."

Hey, Brian, we knew you were out there lurking...

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-25-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: You get your wish, sort of"
Well since he's out there...Hi Brian!! Maybe if we all select
Brian as our favorite by casting our vote for him, on CBS, we'll
have the pleasure of watching him play again some time! I think Brian's a CLASS ACT!. Thanks BR!

So, "the colorful exit" could be Judd......GOOD!!

re: RNO - Brian's statement about Brandon being uncomfortable
voting against people suggests that Brandon probably doesn't have what it takes to win. Too Bad. Also, the fact that Brian
felt he should behave in front of Danni tells me that there are
certain people on NuNakum that Danni will have no patience for!
There are only 3 players on NuNakum who play with any integrity.
So, it might stand to reason that Danni Gary BJ Brandon Rafe Cindy and Lydia might appreciate each others' character. That's about all I can find.

Bye Brian!

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-05, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Brian' s interview with RNO"
I actually thought that his comment about Gary possibly planning to stick with the new Yaxha might potentially have some spoiler value. It seemed to me that going in, Gary might be playing to make the merge, so he could go back to being with "the numbers". But if there is any real truth to what Brian says here, that may not be the case. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-25-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Brian' s interview with RNO"
Brian: For starters, I wouldn’t have put “deep teal” as my favorite color. I think that I got the most flack for that, and rightfully so. I should have gone with my real favorite color, which is obviously “medium teal.”

I love this guy!!

Also, I think it was a bit telling that he also said: Brian: I think Gary had formed an alliance with Danni and I think that he planned on sticking with the new Yaxha after the merge, so I don’t think he felt like he was putting himself back into a minority.

Seems to me that Gary is trying to strategize using both tribes. He has friends at the old tribe that may be thinking in the back of their mind that they may hook up again once there is a merge. And Gary may be thinking along the same lines as to who will get him the farthest in the game. BJ and Brandon may get a surprise b/c of this possible alliance.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •