The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 6 Boot Options"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-14-05, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 6 Boot Options"
Let me first eat crow for claiming Blake will be safe, safe and safe again in Episode 5, and congratulations to those who were on the money as to his being booted and on how. Great job!

From JP's comment at the end of TC, I think we are going to see New Nakum win all the IC's leading up to the merge. He said something to the effect that this boot is a change in the tide.

I do think it was idiotic to boot Blake by Danni and Bobby Jon. Even if they think they pulled one or two of the Yaxhas into their alliance, (I'm thinking they pulled Amy in, because she was the one to clearly state she had no alliance...good liar compared to Gary the bad liar), they can't ascertain loyalty post-merge and with Blake's behaviour, even if he was an immunity hog, he'd be the perfect Final 2 companion for any of the other three of them, and like Jed in Thailand, he single-handedly won many challenges. With Blake gone and new Nakum looking to be in the power position, things don't look for Brandon at merge time, as the new challenge star.

It will be interesting to see what the reward is that happens with both tribes going to TC. Will someone be immune? Vote off someone from the other tribe?

For Nakum, with the sputing between Margaret and Judd, and Cindy's comments about keeping your mouth shut and not aggrevating people, Margaret is the sure shot target. The fighting with Judd, creates a situation for Judd to not even question Steph/Rafe/Jamie about moving Margaret ahead of Lydia on the chopping block. They get to go back on their word of taking out Lydia, and not lose Judd's trust if they need him post-merge. Steph in the power seat at the moment will not take the chance of getting rid of strength. She doesn't want to lose any more challenges period.

Margaret boot: 90%
Lydia boot: 10%

For Yaxha, now at a 3-3 tribal lines division leads me to believe that one of the Yaxha switched sides; most likely Amy somehow getting herself out of the hot seat. While Brian has been key in determining who to go after (which he is quite good at), I think Amy looked more at the big picture instead of the little one and pointed Brian as the weak link in old Yaxha, and Brian was going to be the target until the Blake getting on people's nerves came about. It was funny that even Amy said she enjoyed Blake's stories, but I think we saw the common "religious hypocracy" sub-plot in Blake being booted. Danni was stroking his back and massaging him, yet went on to boot him because of his stories. Granted, he should have got the clue that there was lack of interest in his stories, but as they always say, on Survivor its hard to cover your true colors. Its also funny to me that they worry about someone being that much of a challlenge hog post-merge. Even though some people have won many challenges, no one won all, and there is usually at least one challenge where the rest can gang up on someone. The Old Nakums should have at least kept Blake around one more TC, and would keep their numbers advantage, especially with the ouster of Brooke, but these people never learn. Who goes in Episode 6, Brian was obviously the original target, Amy hurts her knee, and Gary has suddenly disappeared. Tough call.

Brian 35%
Amy 35%
Gary 30%

What would be interesting is if the tribe that wins the RC gets to vote out a member of the opposing tribe. I've seen that this has happened on other Survivor editions and they as much as they like to do repeat challenges, stuff like this usually changes a little each time. Tribe switches are pretty different each time around, so something different should happen in regards to the reward on a double boot.

If Yaxha got to vote out a member of Nakum, it would most likely come down to Jamie/Judd/or Steph.

And if Nakum got to vote out a member of Yaxha, it would either be Bobby Jon or Brandon, most likely Brandon, who there are no longterm spoilers for, and he was pegged as the New Golden Boy after the last challenge, where if that happens, Bobby Jon could be the misdirection in that scenario with the fighting with Jamie.

Regardless, with JP's comments after TC, I'd be pretty sure that Nakum is going ot be kicking butt in the challenges up to the merge.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 6 Boot Options emydi 10-14-05 1
   RE: Episode 6 Boot Options cowboyroo 10-14-05 2
       RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Loquatrix 10-14-05 3
   RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Chapdog 10-14-05 4
       RE: Episode 6 Boot Options mommamia 10-14-05 5
       RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Booted 10-14-05 6
           RE: Episode 6 Boot Options echogirl 10-14-05 10
   RE: Episode 6 Boot Options cowboyroo 10-14-05 7
       RE: Episode 6 Boot Options emydi 10-14-05 8
 RE: Episode 6 Boot Options echogirl 10-14-05 9
   RE: Episode 6 Boot Options RudyRules 10-18-05 27
       Agree dabo 10-19-05 28
 RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Quiddity99 10-14-05 11
   RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Witless 10-15-05 12
       RE: Episode 6 Boot Options michel 10-15-05 13
           RE: Episode 6 Boot Options oncebitten 10-17-05 18
               RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Brownroach 10-17-05 19
 RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Outfrontgirl 10-15-05 14
   RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Flowerpower 10-16-05 15
   RE: Episode 6 Boot Options realityinabox 10-16-05 16
   RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Brownroach 10-17-05 17
       RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Flowerpower 10-17-05 20
           RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Brownroach 10-17-05 21
       RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Rasta 10-17-05 22
           RE: Episode 6 Boot Options applejack93 10-17-05 23
               RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Rasta 10-18-05 24
                   RE: Episode 6 Boot Options Brownroach 10-18-05 25
                       RE: Episode 6 Boot Options dabo 10-18-05 26
 Who will Brian target? Flowerpower 10-19-05 29
   RE: Who will Brian target? Brownroach 10-19-05 30
       RE: Who will Brian target? michel 10-19-05 31
           RE: Who will Brian target? Brownroach 10-20-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-05 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

NUYAXHA

I too think Danni's (and BJ's last ditch vote) were as stupid as Judd's last week. I had pretty much knew Blake was going to be the boaster...I just did not think it was going to be about fake oobies. I just thought it would take another week to irritate all of them. I guess Brian hiliting Blake and prodding him for more "stories" of oobies and Gary then convincing BJ and Danni were the key.

I see the possible boots on NuYaxha as AMY BRIAN and Brandon.

BRANDON

First, I agree cowboy...Brandon will not be ostracized by BJ and Danni for his keeping his word. Danni said that she never told Blake she would not write his name down. SO the only backstabber here was BJ...I guess he was thinking about doing it ...maybe Danni told BJ (and maybe even Brandon) that she was voting for Blake ahead of time. Brandon decided to stick to his word, BJ decided not to put himself out there..and we know how good his word is sometimes...just ask IBE. BJ is very impressionable in this game...last time Steph, this time it seems to be Gary and Danni.

So for now, pre merge, I think Brandon is safe.

I also think that Gary is not going anywhere until post merge either...Gary and Danni seem to have connected and BJ thinks he is very smart. The football story seems to be dead now and if he was going to go bc of that, I think they would have hilited it in Ep. 5 and they did not. So I go back to my original guestimate for Gary...he will be Sarge and go early post merge.

BRIAN

I would have liked to see more of him talking about the boot, it seemed Gary did most of the convincing. He was instrumental though in hiliting Blake as the alternate..then Gary went with it to Danni and BJ.

My gut tells me he stays for awhile after last nite.

AMY

I think the knee injury under the BIG BALL will finally be her demise...I don't see them getting rid of another strong competitor in BJ or Brandon...and now she is hurt again.... The target gets moved from Brian to Amy and I think she's the one...barring any Ep. 7 TV Guide articles

ETA: I still think Brian may stay and if he does, he goes to F2 as foil, but if he goes before then, he'll go in Ep. 6. I don't think it will be as easy as Amy getting II handed to her either...it will come down to how Gary/Amy/Brian trying to push the vote on someone else. From the insider clips, et. al., it appears that BBD like Amy...and BJ and D trust Gary so Brian may be the victim of the minority like he said at TC last week but it's a minority of one when Amy and Gary stay with BBD

Brian 60%
AMY: 40%

NUNAKUM

Steph Rafe Lydia and Cindy are safe imo...SRL bc they are in the majority alliance and C bc Jamie and Margaret are set for a showdown.

Jamie has the possibility of going based on his confessional analysis, his loss in RC in Ep 5, his screaming at BJ, and him being the possible intoxicated one. However, I think the focus will stay on Margaret and Judd

Judd

I don't see Steph et al going after Judd the strong man premerge. Steph's cryfest yesterday told us she is sick and her "heart is breaking" Gimme a freakin break!! so I don't see her booting a strong one... I like BR's suggestion that Judd goes too far at TC when he knows he has the votes to oust her and all heck breaks loose. Margaret, unfortunately, I think is toast. I would love it to be Judd tho. If he is the drunk one...maybe

Margaret 70%
Judd 20%
Jamie 10%

This is all dependent on the twist. Cowboy..I don't think the other tribe has ever voted for the bootee in any Survivor...can you remember. It probably is just a variation of immunity to someone....but who gets it and how is it chosen??? maybe pm vidcaps will help us

10-14-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
Good point emydi. I am pretty sure Nakum is going to win the challenge and I think if they get to pass immunity, it will be to Amy; if they get to boot a player, it will be Brandon or maybe BJ.

I agree on Stephenie; to say her tribe sucks, and be so negative and calling BJ gay. What the heck. If she keeps this up, she'll be the least favorite Survivor of all time, from one of the favorites. She may even be more down the list than Jerri (who I happen to like a lot). I think she got a bad rap, but nonetheless, a lot of it is going to depend on the "trick" that goes with winning the RC on what happens.

I agree. Margaret more than likely toast.

I don't see longevity for any of the Old Yaxhas.

The sad thing is after yesterday's show, I'm finding it hard to root for any one to win.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
Stephenie is receiving a very complex edit. It makes me think she goes deep into the game. Her "character" is being developed from all angles, positive and negative, ups and downs, triumphs and failures, with a great deal of attention to each individual point that is being made about her. We are being carefully guided in how we form our opinions about her, and how we come to understand what motivates her.

Contrast with Blake, who had the early boot's traditional simple edit. You can usually character-stereotype the early boots in one sentence, because the editors only ever give us a thumbnail sketch of early boots, focusing on one or two key characteristics and exaggerating those so that the average viewer gets the point and easily understands why it was that person's time to go, even though we didn't have much time to learn about the character.

Blake: "It's all about me." That's his Survivor "character" right there. That's all there is to him as far as the editors are concerned. In order to clearly present him to the Average Viewer as someone who deserved the boot despite his looks and his usefulness in challenges, the editors only show us footing of Blake that reinforces the "narcissist" thumbnail sketch they've identified for him. So we see him lying around sick and being nursed 24/7 way more than any of the others; then he is shown magically switching himself on so he can be the hero in challenges and Judd is heard in confessional underlining Blake's selfishness for us; then we see Blake being in love with himself and acting like he belongs to a different social strata from everyone else. In other words, Blake's whole edit was "It's all about me!"

Interesting that you mention Jerri, cowboy -- my DH last night said "Steph is turning into Jerri." And he LIKES Steph! We're definitely being invited to love Steph for her spunky drive and her desire to win, but we're also being offered the chance to wonder whether she's not a bit prone to blaming others for her consistent lack of success. We're being shown a complex character which makes us think about her and familiarize ourselves with her more than we think about a Blake, for example. Sad to say, I think she's going a long way into the game.

Chapdog 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-14-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chapdog Click to send private message to Chapdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-05 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

good analysis emydi.

May I add that if in fact this is a double boot as speculated then the winners will most likely get to grant immunity to one individual on the loosing tribe..

that said I believe with Amy clearly down with an injury as well as being an injury prone player it makes total sense that she would be granted immunity if NAKUM wins the challenge.

Margaret on the other hand does not strike me as an immunity choice of YAXHA if they were to win.. but I don’t think YAXHA wins the challenge….

Based on the editing with the preview and reviling Amy’s newest injury I think MB is trying misdirect focus on Amy as opposed to the obvious choice in Brian… this I believe indicates that NAKUM wins the challenge and grants a hurt Amy immunity.

Now the big twist could be that Amy is so hurt that she bows out and forfeits immunity thus eliminating a TC vote for YAXHA .

NAKUM votes off Margaret
YAXHA votes of Brian

mommamia 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-14-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
The tv guide article says that there is a double tribal council and that both tribes will give the boot to someone. I'm inclined to think it will be Margaret and Brian also. Does this mean though that someone in each tribe will get immunity? We're only seeing one challenge so far and it appears it's for reward. What is reward? Something to do with immunity?

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
Chapdog:

One thing about Amy (and I wish I could find where I read it) was that she went far in the game. Here is how I could see this happening.

1) This round they give her immunity. She has already said she would not quit even if the stuck a needle in her eye.

2) After each tribe votes out one more person next week we will be down to 12.

3) They win immunity the following week. Down to 11 people.

4) Early merge at 11. Now everyone is worried about the strong players (BJ, Brandon, Judd, Gary, Jamie, Steph) that they are not worried about Amy. We are now down to 6. If she is smart she will have a "weak person" alliance in place by now and she makes to the final 4.

From there... who knows.

Will it happen *shoulder shrug* but I can see that is a definite possibility.

Boot Ed

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-14-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
Actually we are down to 13 now. A double boot next week leaves us with 11. One more TC leaves us at 10, which is the usual merge number. So assuming that holds, we will lose two in one current tribe and one in the other.

10-14-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
I forgot to add: the boot someone from other tribe was on other Survivor installments, not the American one..

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
that's what I thought cowboy....I wonder if they would do it here...maybe old Yaxha votes for NUYaxha boot and Old Nakum votes for NuNakum boot....I don't think so, though

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-14-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
Well I was hoping this edition would be mostly source free so logic, gameplay, editing and vidcaps would be the source for spoiling, so I hope the Blake boot isn't a sign that we are going back to the Snewser Days.

Anyway I was so wrong about Gary, but I must say booting Blake was one of the most idiotic moves I've ever seen. Unlike last week when it was 4-4, old Nakum had a clear majority here. They could have voted off Gary, Amy or Brian last night and then boot an annoying Blake later while still holding the majority. Any majority now will have to include at least one original Yaxha member. Heck old Yaxha could even swing one person and wipe out old Nakum. Stupid move, but it will make things more interesting so I guess stupid is good! BTW I thought Brian was brilliant last night. Egging Blake on was classic!

What happens now? Well the vote left Brandon as the apparent outsider. He has been by far the biggest challenge hog in this game. He seems more independent and a bit of a loner although not anti-social. Would Danni and BJ consider booting him? Maybe, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. It will be interesting to see how Brandon reacts. Gary. I thought the stage was set for his exit and what happens.....not a mention of his football past. Really weird. Obviously Bobby Yawn and Danni love him. Why I don't know. BJ said he was smart. Of course a box of rocks is smart to BJ. What we do know is that BJ is a follower, not a leader. Danni? Maybe it was me, but I think she really enjoyed being the swing vote. I think she likes having power. I think she will be a key in figuring out how things shake down. Probably in the safest position at this moment. Amy? We didn't see her involved in the strategizing, but she was very visible last night. It appears that she is well-liked, which bodes well for her. What doesn't bode well for Amy is an apparent second injury. Misdirection again? Hard to say. Without an injury hanging over her, I think she's safe. However this is the second time. Which brings us to Brian. He was a target last week and looks like a logical target again. Despite his brilliant move on bringing out the worst in Blake, it's pretty obvious he doesn't fit in well with this group. It's also obvious that he's the physically weakest male member on the tribe, and maybe the weakest member period. Can he wiggle out of another possible boot? Sure he can. From the annoying Blake to the injured Amy? Anybody but Brian!

Amy: 40%
Brian: 35%
Brandon: 15%
Gary: 10%

In NuNakum I think Margaret is toast. However we've seen the emergence of psycho Jamie and already know how loud and outspoken Judd is, so it's quite possible one of them annoys the Golden Girl (Stephenie) enough to go against her "poor me, sucky tribe, we need to win" strategy and become a legitimate target themselves. I can't wait to see Jamie/BJ go at it.

Margaret 80%
Judd 10%
Jamie 10%

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-05, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
Amy? We didn't see her involved in the strategizing, but she was very visible last night. It appears that she is well-liked, which bodes well for her. What doesn't bode well for Amy is an apparent second injury. Misdirection again? Hard to say. Without an injury hanging over her, I think she's safe. However this is the second time.

This has misdirection written all over it, which worries me a bit. I do think Amy is safe and this is all misdirection, but, maybe it's reverse psychology by MB.

Your defending two time college football pool champion

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Agree"
We've seen others in the past get "balled over" and it didn't have any impact on the game, if it weren't for her sore ankle we would think little of MB handing us this on a promo plate. I don't think Amy is entirely safe, but MB seems to be into some serious misdirection this season. Most likely scenario, I think, would be Amy being gifted individual immunity.

Quiddity99 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-14-05, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Quiddity99 Click to send private message to Quiddity99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
NuYaxha:

Danni and BJ's move last week was incredibly dumb, even stupider than what Judd did last week! At least with Judd a tie was the best he could hope for if he stayed loyal. Danni & BJ had the advantage already and blew it. If they just waited one more week then they could have booted Blake while they had a 4-2 advantage and wouldn't have any need to worry.

If anything, the last 2 weeks have shown that a Nakum vs. Yaxha battle after the merge is unlikely. Things will probably be too mixed up by the merge for that to occur. I'm one of many who originally thought Nakum would completely dominate with a powerful alliance after the merge (my predicted top 2 were Brandon, and Blake of all people!), thats pretty much blown up after Blake's booting.

Anyway, I see Brandon as probably the most likely boot this week. The fact that he's strong in challenges and is valuable at least until the merge is the biggest reason why he isn't 100%. But the fact is that with Danni and BJ jumping and he being the only one who stayed loyal to Blake, he's the logical next one to go if Brian can continue his masterful scheming. Amy seems to be severly injured in the upcoming preview however, which leads me to put her as the second most likely to go.

Brandon: 60%
Amy: 40%

NuNakum:

Sigh... was expecting more of an outburst from Margaret after what Judd did, but didn't get that much in episode 5. Is Judd still in danger? Yeah, I'd say so. But probably not as much as I predicted last week. Margaret's #1 on the chopping block, thats for sure. Cindy's another possibility since she too is on the weak end of the tribe's alliances. Hopefully NuNakum will boot the potentially strong and oafishly arrogant Judd next. And Lydia is potentially in danger due to her weakness, and the Yaxha guys can afford to sacrifice her if Judd stays loyal to them. They'll probably wait at least one more week to boot her though.

Margaret: 50%
Cindy: 25%
Lydia: 15%
Judd: 10%

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-15-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Witless Click to send private message to Witless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
I think Brandon will be fine. Danni said in her confessional on Insider that Brandon and BJ had given their word to Blake and she hadn't (Blake doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would feel the need to ask a woman for her word when he thought the guys were on his side, but I digress), so she was going to vote against him. She seemed to think that both BJ and Brandon would stick with Blake and she seemed fine with that. BJ doesn't strike me as someone who would turn on a person for honoring their word, either, and Danni's confessional makes it clear that Brandon had been included in their conversations about booting Blake. I think he's safe unless Nakum gets to vote out a Yaxha. Even then, I think they would go for Bobby Jon.

While I screamed at Danni for turning because this is a numbers game, I was also thrilled to see it--who wants another pagonging drawn out over several weeks, with MB putting up one red herring after another while we all know that the pagoning will continue? This makes for a much more interesting game.

Poor Margaret. The only way I can see her being saved is if they repeat the double boot TC from last time--Yaxha wins, they observe Nakum's TC, Judd behaves like an idiot (and you know he's the bully) and the Yaxs give immunity to Margaret. But since we know this cast saw last season, I can't believe the producers would do the same thing again.

So....Margaret is toast. And I think Amy will go before Brian, but that's purely a hunch.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-05, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-05 AT 05:11 PM (EST)

Indeed, Dani on her Insider interview, tells us that Brandon wasn't isolated from the vote but only threw a vote Blake's way to keep his word. Also she says that she trusts Gary. What did Gary say to earn her trust? He had to promise something to get the votes against Blake. I think he had to promise to vote one of Brian or Amy next time. Not keeping his word could only lead to a tie vote. I think Gary would go through because then he's almost assured to make the merge.

oncebitten 145 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail oncebitten Click to send private message to oncebitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
I think Gary offered to vote Brian out next. Plus, now Brian has 2 votes against him and BBD each have none. So if it were to come down to a tie and they were to go solely on previous votes Brian would be toast. So I believe Gary would keep his word to BBD for that reason.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-05, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
Which reminds me that Jim said in one of his interviews that it turned out previous votes didn't count. It seemed like they weren't sure at first, but if they found out definitively, I'd think it was because a tie occurred at some point.

There could be a tie at Yaxha's TC this week, but frankly I don't really see it.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-05, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
Hmm, well the way I see what just happened is that while we thought the players had two options, stay true to old tribal lines or flip, what we saw was a collective decision to unify the tribe by booting the morale-buster.

This tribe had a lot of muscle and Nakum does not, so they rightly or wrongly felt they had enough testosterone power to dispense with Blake. They also felt Blake was unreliable as a long term associate because his health fluctuated and might do so again. They didn't want to see a spoiled rich boy go far when there appeared to be good people willing to give the tribe their all.

These 3 chose not to ally with Blake prior to the swap so that shows they never wanted to take him along and were only picking him up because the first thought after a swap is numbers and old tribal lines. Because they had 3 more days, they had a chance to get to know each other better and see a different way to go.

If Blake's health did say strong, he might prove hard to get rid of down the line. I don't think people start playing to keep a F2 person this early in the game. That person might get to the end instead of you, so you have to play to get further, which right now means get to the merge with the fewest number of people who may go on an immunity run and the most people that you trust.

I can understand why they would make a unifying move. It can't be pleasant to sit around camp with people you are picking off solely because they were formerly on a different tribe--for all of 9 days or so. Although it would seem that B-B-D have now set themselves up for a tie, I feel like BobbyJon and Danni are not seeing this as a numbers game right now. I think they believe that Gary's loyalty is available to the best group. He's an athlete (which they know) and he's all along been about booting the weakest and hooking up with the strong. He has the work ethic that BJ and Brandon value. I think they trust that Gary would rather team up with 3 very strong competitors than Brian and Amy.

We pretty much know that Nakum wins the RC because we can see the celebration in the background behind BJ and Jamie. I very much doubt the tribe losing RC will be allowed to confer immunity although they could try something new and let the last person standing in the losing tribe win an immunity--probably Bobby Jon if that happens.

If Nakum is allowed to pick then I think they'll immunize Amy because she got crushed, as was spec'd above, and Brian will get booted as the weakest member. Gary is safe for now because BJ has adopted Gary as his new Survivor Papa.

There is some animosity towards Brian that we haven't yet been shown because he says he is straight and everyone thinks he is gay ... and Blake's Early Show interview indicates that is about to get ugly. Something is about to get ugly, and that might be it.

I think Judd will go off on Margaret at TC or if both tribes are there at the same time, possibly Jamie will start yelling at BobbyJon. But the obnoxious one (Judd, the drunk from post RC) won't get the boot because Nakum doesn't value who is the better person or less obnoxious--thanks to Queen Steph.

Even though I seem to be defending Nakum's choice to boot Blake, I also believe that as it turns out they will continue to lose until the merge.

Boot picks: Margaret and Brian

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-05, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
Very well stated, OFG. At this point, I'm in agreement!

realityinabox 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-16-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityinabox Click to send private message to realityinabox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
While they have valued strength, they may recognize that the merger is nearing and therefor decide to vote off the biggest physical threat (and the biggest jerk), therefor dumping Judd. It'd make sense from a strategic standpoint, and they might also figure that for the remaining week, the cohesiveness resulting from booting Judd will help them more. This would provide for a colorful exit, as Judd runs his mouth, saying, "you guys just screwed yourself, have fun losing" etc.

10-17-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-05 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

I think you are on point here, OFG.

I don't see how Brian can escape being Yaxha's next boot, unless he somehow gets an individual immunity, which I doubt. He was already decided on by the old Nakums last week, apparently replacing Amy as the weakest in their view, and Danni and Bobby probably wouldn't have reconsidered if Gary hadn't talked to them about it. But that was a one-shot deal. I don't think Gary will try to force a tie to save Brian now; the writing is on the wall.

There is some animosity towards Brian that we haven't yet been shown because he says he is straight and everyone thinks he is gay ... and Blake's Early Show interview indicates that is about to get ugly. Something is about to get ugly, and that might be it.

I saw Blake's appearance on TES, and this is not the impression I got. They showed the clip of Brian calling Blake an egotist and a moron. I think Blake in his response about Brian was pointing out that everyone gets talked about; in Brian's case it was the "is he gay?" gossip at camp. Blake seemed to say that the cameraman/interviewer was encouraging people to comment on this in interviews as well, and he didn't want to.

The interviewers probably try to bait the contestants into gossiping about or describing the "faults" of other people, in the hopes that some juicy soundbites will come out of it.

I don't think there is any animosity toward Brian, and I don't think that will be part of the "ugliness" coming up. Most likely Blake heard about the bullying and insults at the next TC (which I agree will involve Judd and Margaret) and was talking about that.

ETA: It also occurred to me that Judd (assuming he is the bully) may very well be the one with individual immunity, if he feels secure enough to start raking other people over the coals.

10-17-05, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-05 AT 12:16 PM (EST)

I agree BR with your assessment of TES and Blake. The Insider Live also gave some insight in to the camp life as well. Blake said that Brian was a very fixated guy, and the ONLY thing he ever talked about at camp was Survivor, past and present. He said that "everyone knew that he was very, very smart and that he was plotting ALL of the time." He said all his(Blake's) talking about past experiences was just a way to entertain and fill the void of the day. He said that Amy was very well liked in the tribe, everyone loved her, and that she was a real character, and quite funny. "Amy was charming, so funny, very friendly, and everyone really liked her".

Blake also commented alot on the Gary the football player issue. He said that EVERYONE at Yaxha knew he was indeed an ex-football player and that Gary didn't care. "They talked about it openly". They seemed to realize that that was Gary's "strategy" and that it was ok with them...

Regarding Judd, Blake said that he was "not having fun" and "wasn't playing the social game". He wasn't there to make friends, he liked Brandon, but did talk behind his back. He said he hates it out there and he's just there to get the money. Blake stated that there were even times when Jiffy didn't quite know what to do with him and some of his comments and remarks...

I also found interesting that Blake thought that Yaxha actually had the better camp. Yaxha's camp had more shade and was only about 100 yards to the water, while Nakum's was about 500 yards to the water.

Very insightful this week, imo. It's very easy for me to see how Brian could turn out to be their number one boot choice for next ep. And I agree with BR in that I think Judd will most likely get immunity and therefore feel free to light into Margaret or anyone else that gets in his way...

10-17-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
I also found interesting that Blake thought that Yaxha actually had the better camp. Yaxha's camp had more shade and was only about 100 yards to the water, while Nakum's was about 500 yards to the water.

Brooke said the same thing. The notion that they had won the better camp was a joke. The ruins were no more than scenery since they couldn't use them as shelter or lean anything against them. And their beach was too muddy to catch fish from.

Rasta 210 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rasta Click to send private message to Rasta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
(1) Regarding the post-boot appearances on TES and Survivor Live, I think there have been some useful tidbits of info reading between the lines.

For instance, someone hinted that the first nine bootees (the non-jury) all remained together for the duration. Then, Blake's comments about Brian indicated that they didn't see each other again until the plane ride home. Therefore, Brian at least makes the jury. Also, Brianna said she was rooting for Gary to go far in the game. This leads me to think Gary also makes the jury.

(2) Some people have criticized DBB for booting Blake. While I was surprised by this move, I don't necessarily think it was stupid.

If there is one thing I've learned from re-watching prior seasons on OLN, it's that the unified tribes almost always outperform the divided tribes. Sometimes even overcoming an athletic disadvantage. In this case, DBB gave up numerical advantage in return for tribal unity. We'll see if it works out for them.

(3) This year's early tribe switch has been very interesting. They switched with 15 players, which means the new tribes will spend more time together pre-merge than the original tribes. Clearly, some of the players have accepted the switch, and are trying to make the most of it.

Judd switched in about 15 minutes. DBB and G/A appear to have come together (I'm not sure about Brian - he might be hung up on the original tribal divisions). Of course, G/A might be lying to DBB. In any case, hats off to MB for a small change that has had major impact.

(4) My predictions, assuming a double boot, are Margaret and Amy. Margaret's confrontation with Judd will be her downfall. Absent another injury, I'd say Amy would be safer than Brian at this point. But given what I mentioned above, I think Brian makes the jury. To me, that means Amy must get injured at RC, and her tribe has to send her home.

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
>For instance, someone hinted that the
>first nine bootees (the non-jury)
>all remained together for the
>duration. Then, Blake's comments
>about Brian indicated that they
>didn't see each other again
>until the plane ride home.
> Therefore, Brian at least
>makes the jury.

Actually, Rasta, the non-jury members generally all fly home earlier than the jury members. This means Blake and Brian were on the same flight because NEITHER of them made the jury...

Rasta 210 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rasta Click to send private message to Rasta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
Really?

I was under the impression that all the players stayed out of the country until shooting was complete. Otherwise, the non-jury spoilers would be too easy.

10-18-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
There seems to be some uncertainty about how this works now. It used to be that everyone (including the pre-jurors, who were shuttled off to various vacations during the jury segment) came back to the US on the same plane when the entire game was over.

But some people seem to have learned that that isn't the case anymore (maybe MB just doesn't care enough about secrecy now).

The pre-jurors can't come back early, as you note, since it would be a spoiler. But they may get a separate plane from their vacation destination as opposed to returning to the game location and flying home on the same plane as the jury.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 6 Boot Options"
They used to have wrap parties after filming final TC attended by everyone who wanted to party, including pre-jury boots. We haven't heard any spoilers from the wrap parties for awhile.

It may be that MB actually got more security conscious and dealt with that by changing how he operates the post-endgame.

10-19-05, 07:53 AM (EST)
29. "Who will Brian target?"
This week the winners and the losers are both going to TC. We know that Brian is fully aware that he was one of the targets at nuYaxha last week. This ep is likely to be a one day episode, which really doesn't give Brian much time to manuever. In order to save himself he's got to target someone else over at Yaxha, who will it be?

I think that Amy shown getting rolled over by the ball in the challenge is a red herring. I think it is unlikely that Brian chooses to hone in on one of his original tribe members, although not impossible. Therefore I think it's far more likely that he targets one of the old Nakum's in his tribe. As Danni was key in saving him last ep, I think he'll try his best to convince her to target one of BJ or Brandon. BJ was most influenced by Gary and Danni, and therefore is more solid with the group whereas Brandon refused to go back on his original alliance/word with Blake. I'll bet that Brandon will indeed be the target that Brian uses to save himself...thoughts?

10-19-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Who will Brian target?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-05 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

Thus far, Brian has only tried to influence things from behind the scenes. He told Lydia to talk to Gary to try to save herself. Last week he suggested Blake but let Gary go to Danni and Bobby Jon about it. From what Danni was saying on the Insider, it seems like Brian didn't talk to her at all (and probably not to Bobby Jon or Brandon either).

I don't see Brian stepping up and trying to convince the old Nakums to vote out another one of their own this week. He may try to get Amy and Gary to force a tie. His other option is to go the Nakums and offer to flip and take out Gary or Amy. The problem with that is, Gary already offered to flip last week, and Danni and Bobbi Jon respect and/or trust Gary.

I don't think Brian can accomplish much now. He might get semi-blindsided if he tries to flip and the Nakums placate him by saying they will vote for Gary or Amy and then vote for Brian instead.

ETA: His best option, since there won't be much time, is probably to sit down with Gary, Danni, BJ, and Brandon, while Amy is off on an interview, and just plead a case for staying over Amy. He's done fine in the challenges, he isn't weak, he works hard in camp, he can point out that Amy injured her ankle and is perhaps a bit klutzier. It's the only thing I think would have a chance of working.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Who will Brian target?"
If FP is right and it is a 1 day episode, if the teams go directly at TC after the challenge as it happened a few times in the past and especially if Nakum can vote immunity to one of Yaxha (Amy), Brian will have very little time to plot.

10-20-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Who will Brian target?"
Right.

And another thing to remember is that Brian was not in the alliance with Amy and Gary and the others on old Yaxha. On the Insider, Danni said one of the rationales for her vote for Blake was that he hadn't been part of her core alliance, only BJ and Brandon were. Gary and Amy can use the same rationale in voting for Brian. They never promised him anything.

I really think the only thing that can save Brian is if he gets individual immunity somehow. But that doesn't seem likely. If it were decided by an individual round at the challenge I don't think he'd win it. If it's conferred by an individual at Nakum I don't think he'd be the one to get it. If it's done by vote there is a slim possibility, but I'd see Amy getting more votes. (And there may not be two immunities anyway.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •