The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-04, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
Ok, I'm curious. I thought Brandon and Nicole were major league weenies for not shaving their heads to win the fast forward. They knew they were in last place, and they basically quit out of vanity. I don't buy that model crapola, they're probably freaking foot models for Wal Mart. (but how mean was it to have a head shave challenge in a non elimination episode?!? I love it!)

Ok, here is your poll question-

If it were you, would you have shaved your head?

I'll answer first. HELL YES! I mean really, it's a race for 1 million dollars! Heck, I'd do it for $50. I've always wished that bald was in style for women, and that would have been my chance to go for it.

Please respond with YES or NO in the subject line, and I'll keep a tally. I'd also love to hear your reasons in the body of your post.

Happy Polling!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Yes MomToJesse 09-01-04 1
 RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... volsfan 09-01-04 2
 Oh heck yes! vixie 09-01-04 3
 Yes seahorse 09-01-04 4
   RE: Yes indian girl 09-01-04 5
       RE: Yes seahorse 09-04-04 61
 Yes strid333 09-02-04 6
 Yes Draco Malfoy 09-02-04 7
 Hell yeah... PepeLePew13 09-02-04 8
   RE: Hell yeah... vixie 09-02-04 30
 Yes. Estee 09-02-04 9
 YES rasslinmomma 09-02-04 10
 Yes realitybites 09-02-04 11
 YES HistoryDetective 09-02-04 12
 YES aquariaqueen 09-02-04 13
   RE: YES volsfan 09-02-04 14
 Yes if it was just me, not for the ... mikey 09-02-04 15
   RE: Yes if it was just me, not for ... qwertypie 09-02-04 36
 Yes Breezy 09-02-04 16
 RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... Bebo 09-02-04 17
   RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... nailbone 09-02-04 38
 Yes! NO! Drive My Car 09-02-04 18
   Yes, but only if.. GameOver3 09-02-04 19
       RE: Yes, but only if.. nailbone 09-02-04 39
           RE: Yes, but only if.. FesterFan1 09-02-04 42
               RE: I Think it happened three times... FlamingCactusIT 09-02-04 49
   RE: Yes! NO! PepeLePew13 09-04-04 58
 Yes moonbaby 09-02-04 20
 RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... bdsmom 09-02-04 21
 RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... HobbsofMI 09-02-04 22
 No. greenmonstah 09-02-04 23
 RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... Urban_Kitten 09-02-04 24
   RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... ginger 09-02-04 45
 YES PagongRatEater 09-02-04 25
 Most likely? No. Neobie 09-02-04 26
 Hell Yeah Canada Girl 09-02-04 27
   RE: Hell Yeah vixie 09-02-04 32
 Yes GlassJax 09-02-04 28
 YES emydi 09-02-04 29
   RE: YES PagongRatEater 09-02-04 44
       RE: YES emydi 09-02-04 48
 probably, yeah I_AM_HE 09-02-04 31
 No discussion.... SpeedRacer1125 09-02-04 33
 Damn straight I would (YES) qwertypie 09-02-04 34
 Yes FesterFan1 09-02-04 35
   RE: Yes vixie 09-02-04 37
 Two Yes's nailbone 09-02-04 40
 Absolutely! VA Slim 09-02-04 41
 RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... geg6 09-02-04 43
 YES samboohoo 09-02-04 46
 Shave me, Phil! TeamJoisey 09-02-04 47
 RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... sittem 09-02-04 50
   RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... vixie 09-02-04 53
 Of course (Yes) Fishercat 09-02-04 51
 Yes, emphatically! realitycoholic 09-02-04 52
 Yes buckeyegirl 09-02-04 54
 I'd shave mah butt and... IceCat 09-02-04 55
   RE: I'd shave mah butt and... vixie 09-03-04 56
 God wants them to keep their hair! NoParole 09-03-04 57
   Yep!! sisterwoman 09-04-04 59
 Of course TechNoir 09-04-04 60
 RE: Poll: Would you have shaved yo... seahorse 09-04-04 62
 Yes trigirl 09-05-04 63
   RE: Heckie NO!! realityshowgeek 09-05-04 64

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MomToJesse 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-01-04, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MomToJesse Click to send private message to MomToJesse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Yes"
Definitely would have sat down! It'll grow back fast enough.

Of course, I asked my partner (who applied with me) and she said no...<sigh>... Then again, her hair is down to her waist and I just cut most of mine off last year

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
ABSOfreakinLUTELY!

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-01-04, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Oh heck yes!"
I would shave every hair on my head AND body, for a million... twice! Shoot, I'd let someone shave my head for $1000!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Yes"
Hair grows back quickly, especially for a man.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

indian girl 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-01-04, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail indian%20girl Click to send private message to indian%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Yes"
Oh yes...but man I would have been pissed when I got to the pit stop and realized this was a non-elim round!

09-04-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Yes"
You are right but you would still have gained a lot of time in the quest for the million dollars.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-02-04, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Yes"
But only if they gave me a strong sunscreen or a good hat.

I'm likely to get skin cancer in my life - Grandma had it and I've burnt lots over the years.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Yes"
But like Chip, I already shave mine. Don't know if DW would be so willing, but for a million, she might.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Hell yeah..."
If I'm signing up for TAR, then I'd know what I am getting into and will do whatever it takes to win.

I'd like to round up a posse to shoot Brandon and Nicole and then replace them with myself and another person.

Scratch and sniff

09-02-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Hell yeah..."
I'll do it! Let's go, Pepe! I have a harpoon around here somewhere...

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Yes."
I also would have worn a hat for the rest of the Race. And I probably would have kept my eyes closed during the shaving process. It's possible that I would have asked to be knocked out first. But -- yes.

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-02-04, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "YES"
The hair, the eyebrows, you name it. My hair is longer than Nicole or Christie's, but it would have been a no brainer for me. GONE!!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-02-04, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Yes"
As pointed out here and elsewhere, it's only hair and it will grow back if I want it to.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "YES"
Yes ... and I would have thought that it was really cool because it wasn't just visiting the local Super Cuts. The atmosphere would have been so awesome and I would have had one more great story about my TAR experience.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-02-04, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "YES"
I would. I am a female. Can't help but think it would have 1/2" growth by the end of the race.

And I would have been angered if it was a non-elimination leg.

Now the heckling from the other contestants may have been hard to live with for a while.

Don't forget, I would have gotten a trip to Mexico for coming in first for that leg of the race.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: YES"
And I would have been angered if it was a non-elimination leg.

Why would you have been angered? More than likely you would have been in first place going into the home stretch! Would you rather be in last place at this point in the race (like Brandon and Nicole) or would you rather be bald and in first place?

I pick first place!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Yes if it was just me, not for the wife"
I think I would have reacted like Brandon did -- would have been willing to shave my head, but not Mrs. Mikey's as well. It would take a long time for that to grow back.

Besides, Jesus had long hair.

And Buddha, while bald, also had a big belly which wouldn't look good in modeling shots.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Yes if it was just me, not for the wife"
SNORT!!!!!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Yes"
I would have had a blast buying some cool wigs with the million.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-04 AT 11:58 AM (EST)

Yes

And then I would have entertained myself during airport layovers by walking up to people and offering them pamphlets.

ETA: Oh.my.heck. I messed up a vote thread. I was just about to apologize when I realized who started this thread. I'll just say I was cheating. That'll work.

Wait...is this thing on?

I know, just play along.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
I *heart* THE Evil One!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Yes! NO!"
I'm a model I need my perfect hair. How am I supposed to get Herbal Essence ads?? My youth and beauty depend on this gorgeous head.

Of course I would! It's a race for a million bucks. They were idiots.

I do think it would have been funny if they had shaved their heads to stay in the game and then found it was non- elimination. Now that would be some good tv.

Did I mess up your tally? That's what you get for making me post over here.

GameOver3 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-02-04, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GameOver3 Click to send private message to GameOver3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Yes, but only if.."
I'd do it only if I knew I wasn't going to get last and eliminated.

If I looked around and saw I was pretty much dead last, I wouldn't have used it.

But in Brandon and Nicole's spot last night, I would have done it. They got stuck at the Roadblock, I would have just gone and shaved my head. By the time they got there, they probably still had the teams working on the Roadblock. They would have gotten 1st or a close 2nd last night if they had gone for it, but who knows how far the hair shaving spot was from the pitstop.

09-02-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Yes, but only if.."
If you use it, you're definitely going to end up in first, possibly second place, but no lower (I wouldn't think, anyway). Although...didn't somebody use a FF in a past race and end up at the bottom somehow?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Yes, but only if.."
It's happened twice, actually.

The first time it happened was TAR1, when the Guidos used the FF, then stupidly checked into a hotel, thinking they had a huge lead. They wound up finishing last, but since Momily gave up on the Detour, they were penalized, and the time penalty was enough to eliminate them and put Guido back in the race.

Then in TAR3, Dennis and Andrew (dad and gay son) were left in the dust at Mexico City airport, so they had no choice but to do the FF when they got to England. They still had to drive from England to Scotland afterward, and the other teams were already on their way to Scotland when D&A arrived in England, so it didn't matter as they were already hours behind.

In this situation, Brandon and Nicole would've finished first, as the FF as well as the Pit Stop were in Kolkata. It probably wouldn't have taken more than 30 minutes to shave their heads, and they would've been able to skip the taxi Detour entirely. Instead, they had to retrace their steps (7 miles there and back) and start the Roadblock from 0, since Brandon had yet to successfully make a brick. I'm guessing it took him at least an hour to do the Roadblock, then they had to get on the train, do the Detour, then find the pit stop. All of that probably took at least 2 hours. So, instead of being in first, they're likely a good 4 hours behind the pack.

Fester

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-02-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: I Think it happened three times."
I think it happened three times when the team that took the FAST FORWARD and didn't finish in the top Two. The third time was in TAR4. It was the first leg and the NFL Wives didn't like that they got the third of four buses to the Ski Lodge where they would get their next clue. They went for the FAST FORWARD the next morning. (Which was Ice Climbing) Even though they completed the FAST FORWARD they came in 4th.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-04, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Yes! NO!"
>I'm a model I need my
>perfect hair. How am I
>supposed to get Herbal Essence
>ads?? My youth and beauty
>depend on this gorgeous head.

Somehow, I just don't see Brandon or Nicole screaming out in orgasmic organic ecstasy doing one of these commercials.

Scratch and sniff

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Yes"
We're talking a million bucks!

It was perfect that they were the team who decided to check out this particular Fast Forward. I'd be interested in knowing the rest of the teams' answers to this question.

bdsmom 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-02-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bdsmom Click to send private message to bdsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
Yes I would have, no matter what kind of business you are in, if you are in the race to get a million dollars and to win, then you're supposed to be willing to do anything you have to do to win. And secondly, they didn't know they were in last place because when they left the brick thing, all the other teams were still there. So how could they have known, and actually if they had done it, they would of came in 4th because the twins were still there.
I think they're just playing the game as long as it doesn't demand too much efforts. When they had to go down in the pyramids, Brandon was scare, because he didn't know what was down there, when it was time to eat the caviar, he let Nicole do it...When they were riding the donkey, he was riding ,while she was running?????
So I hope they leave next week. I've had enough of those 2 .

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
My head is almost shaved now - Flattop hair cut for last 16 years. DW I would do it because she likes her shorter hair better but I like her shoulder length so she keeps it that way.

A guy here at work spat out that he would shave his head for money and a woman put $40 on the table, she hated this guy, but he said it was not enough. She asked how much and he said $200. We raised it in a half an hour. He was bald the next day and it took about 3 months to grow back.

My name is Hobbs of MI and I approve this message!

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "No."
Absolutely not.**

Handcrafted by RollDdice

**Unless, if I could get the million dollars all in dimes, then I would have to consider it...but as it stands now, the answer is no.

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
I'd sell a kidney for a million bucks.
My answer is yes.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
As I mentioned earlier: Hell Yes. For $5,000. Maybe even for $2500. Kidney also available for $500,000 (Ebay?).

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "YES"
I can understand why the models chose not to, but it would have been totally fair for them to have gotten eliminated. The FF shouldn't be simply a free pass to the beginning of the line.

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-02-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Most likely? No."
Unless I would be definitely last. Which Brandon/Nicole were. So should my answer be yes?

Yeah, I think my partner will do it. He's a Hindu anyway.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-02-04, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Hell Yeah"
You can buy yourself a million dollar wig!

All that crip crap about Brandon's hair being his livelyhood was ridiculous. Think about Smith on Sex and the City (mmmmmm) he shaved off his "livelyhood" hair and just got hotter.

09-02-04, 11:37 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Hell Yeah"
Oh yes he did, and he was still (drool) hot! (Hey...that was YOU drooling woman, quit trying to blame the dog!)

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Yes"
But a lengthy discussion that involved shouting at one point, with my DW reveled that there was no way in he11 she would cut off her beautiful locks.

Tactless, yet unrefined.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "YES"
OMH YES--To get into first place in a race for $1 million with only 5 teams left (heck if it was week one, I would have done it!!!)

And the added bonus of becoming more like my idol FESTER, heck, its a NO BRAINER

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

I *heart* Fester

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: YES"
Would you get kicked out of the Order of the Coif?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: YES"
Good one, rat...

Nope, once you're a member you have 100% control of your hair
for life...

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Go ahead, confirm it with the clown...oops...I mean AyaK

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "probably, yeah"
it was a very bad move not to, but i can understand why they didn't, and respect their decision and the class with which they accepted the (potential) consequences of not doing it.

SpeedRacer1125 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-02-04, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpeedRacer1125 Click to send private message to SpeedRacer1125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "No discussion...."
YES! Totally. There is no question as to whether I would. I have jet black, thick hair. It grows like grass and that's a million bucks we're talking about. I'd shave my head for a good steak dinner. I was thinking of shaving my head anyway this summer. That or dying it blonde. Brandon & Nicole think and speak out of the same hole. (And I don't mean they're mouths!!!)

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Damn straight I would (YES)"
As long as I had sunscreen for my chrome dome. Of course, I would have to be careful not to drive men totally insane by my perfect, glorious head.
DH is looking for an excuse to shave his head -- that I don't think would be a good idea, but as long as he was doing it to raise money for cancer research a shot at 1 million dollars I could live with it.
BTW - Hair grows back. Brandon and Nicole are WEENIES and cost me 35 points in the casino game so I am pi$$ed.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Yes"
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-04 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

My answer goes in the "Duh" category, obviously, but I need to point out how incredibly stupid these two were for not shaving their heads.

First, there's the whole thing about how they're in a race. Or rather, were in a race. Now, they're penniless and hours behind. This was the last FF opportunity. Someone should've taken it. Yes, there's bunching, and no, it might not make a difference if they all get bunched leaving India. But do you want to take that chance? If everyone else is on one flight, and they leave India hours later, it's over. They may as well not get on the plane.

Second, there's the thing about hair growing back. Cripes, what a bunch of cry-babies. "Waah, my modeling career!" Give me a break. No one knew you before you got your hair cut, so I'm guessing waiting 6 months for it to grow back won't matter a whole hell of a lot. Hell, it might even get you some undeserved exposure.

Third, it's a story to tell. Ostensibly, they went on this show for some adventure. Well, here's your chance to do something memorable. Instead, they weenied out. What kill-joys. It could've been fun, unlike say, eating 3 lbs. of fish eggs. Instead they pissed and moaned about it.

This, and I say this with all sincerity, was the dumbest decision ever on this show, ranking above the Guidos using the FF and getting a hotel.

Fester
Always wanted to shave your head, eh? Does this mean True has Fester envy?

09-02-04, 02:07 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Yes"
I'm so with you on this one fester. I, personally, would look hideous with a shaved head, being old and having a predinisone moon face, but who cares! sheesh. No one asked them to give up their virginity, fer pete's sake.

09-02-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
40. "Two Yes's"
I would, and so would DW, without hesitation.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-02-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Absolutely!"
I mean, it's a race! Anything to gain a minute even if you can count on losing it the next leg.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
This was a no-brainer! Of course I would.

'Course, my hair is only about 1/2 to an inch long. I'd have shaved it completely off years ago if I didn't think I'd be fired. Nonetheless...

I think the million they could potentially win would be more than all their modeling money ever earned to this point. Just makes me more confirmed in my opinion of models.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "YES"
It certainly would have made it maintenance free for the rest of the race.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-02-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Shave me, Phil!"
Shear me, shear my probable partner, my wife. She'd freak out, but she'd do it for the chance to win. My second choice of a partner, my son, was ready to shave his head just watching! My brother (third partner choice, and probably the most likely to go with me) would shave his head without hesitation.

Vanity does not run high in my family.

But (as I predicted in the EastCoastUpdateThread last week) I'm not surprised B&N would not shave their heads.

It will take him 5 years to regrow those curls, and there's no guarantee he'll win a million. If he shaves and loses, he works at Burger King until the hair grows out.

Would Charla and Mirna have shaved? Probably not.
Alison and Donny? No.
Jim and Marsha. Maybe.
Lance and Marshall? Yup.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-02-04, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
Send me $100 and I'll do it tomorrow!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

09-02-04, 07:38 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
Shoot, I'll do it for $50

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-02-04, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "Of course (Yes)"
I'm a guy and I'm pretty darn ugly as it is (well, out of shape more then ugly, but both apply), so why not just go the whole way? Although, people have told me that I'd look really weird bald, so eeep.

Anyway, I hate to say it, but I can understand the reasoning of BN not shaving. Granted it's a race and putting yourself in top position with a guaranteed (should be) elimination leg in the next leg is prime position (they couldn't know that). However

A. It seems that every leg has a bunching point, that only the really far behind seem to miss. Even then, a possible 2nd bunching point in the same leg would certainly catch everyone up. Even when Colin and Christie had their ridiculous lead after a pivotal FF, they lost a lot at one bunching point (this place opens in x hours) and then they got even at an airport IIRC.

B. Even being 1st, likely gives them a minimal at best advantage. Colin and Christie have shown to beyond a strong team beyond reason, Chip and Kim have surfaced near the top a lot lately, and the other two teams, well, I'll just ignore them. Still, even if the BM and Twins went in the next two weeks and left BN there due to their lead, I have my reservations of them being able to beat a physically superior team (CC) and a harmonious team (CK) in a race to the finish (not necessarily the running)

3. They are models. Granted, they are not exactly well known or anything, but being on the Amazing Race can be a boost to their careers. If Brandon shaved his hair, I still think he could get a job or two, but the lack of the hair would hurt his campaign a bit (still a good enough body). Nicole would be done until her hair grew back except for some obscure stuff, not a "beauty" model. Would it be worth giving up a good chunk of months in their modeling career (although only likely a couple months of major publicity) for a 1/5 chance (I give all the teams but CC and KK equal chance right now) at winning? It's tough.

Granted, they made a mistake in my book and shaving their hair would be worth the extra placement as far as the race is concerned. The only drawback in that case is not receiving preferential treatment from males for Nicole (or even females for Brandon) during the race, and being able to flirt and flatter your way into some money. However, I can understand the logic behind it.
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-02-04, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "Yes, emphatically!"
All I could think about was what a GREAT excuse it'd be not to have hair issues the rest of the race! Seriously, one of my greatest weaknesses is the need to take a shower and wash my hair daily. It would be a gift from heaven to have an excuse to be bald for TAR!!!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "Yes"
Especially if I were in last place going into the last leg of the race. It's amazing what a baseball hat and scarf can cover up.

Handcrafted by RollDdice! The fellowship has begun...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "I'd shave mah butt and..."
... paint it purple!

09-03-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
56. "RE: I'd shave mah butt and..."
And, surprisingly, I'd pay to watch!

NoParole 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-03-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NoParole Click to send private message to NoParole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "God wants them to keep their hair!"
I would. But I'm already bald, so...

sisterwoman 163 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisterwoman Click to send private message to sisterwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "Yep!!"
I would shave it all off in a second!

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "Of course"
In a heartbeat.

I'm still in a deep depression because they didn't get eliminated due to their shallowness and vanity ... it would have been sooooo perfect.

Sig thanks to some cold cat
"Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to gnaw through those leather straps." Emo Philips

09-04-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Poll: Would you have shaved your head?"
Just think the were getting free haircuts, how can you beat that.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-05-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "Yes"
B&N are so lame!

realityshowgeek 177 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Heckie NO!!"
I would not shave my head and I don't blame B&N one bit. Everyone have this fantasy that they will be as sexy as Michael Jordan or Demi Moore. You don't know what's lurking beneath your locks. I for one think I have a funny shaped head and would like (God only knows what I would look like)whatever it is, it would be scary!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •