The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ian's nothing but a player"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

annabella18 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annabella18 Click to send private message to annabella18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ian's nothing but a player"
Give me a break if any of you think that Ian's intentions are sincere. I live in New York and know exactly what type of guy he is. Hot, educated, elitist, non-committal snob who only dates beautiful cultured women that know 3 languages. Not some Big-boned make-up artist from Portland OR. His REAL French girlfriend du-jour was probably watching the season finale at his friends Soho loft, sipping martinis with his gay brother and laughing about the entire thing.

Ian is an investment banker. Sorry, "Retired" investment banker. He knows how to make money and this 15 minutes of celebrity will earn him a couple of million $$ in public appearances. He played Meredith so well. Gave her a little affection and she was salivating. He chose his words (or lack of words) in the proposal very carefully. Never stepped up to the plate and sayed he loved her. What was wih the "Will you.." BS? SO Ambiguous of him. It left the door wide open for an exit three months from now.

In New York there's a ton of beautiful, educated women. Dime a dozen. So he's not hurting for any girlfriends. If you hold a man hostage in an LA mansion for 6 weeks, he'll lose it and start being attracted to whichever woman is in front of his face. Give a starving man a cracker and that's the best damn cracker he's ever eaten. I doubt Ian was faithful to Meredy after the show ended.

He's a loser.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ian's nothing but a player Rockytop Chick 02-27-04 1
   RE: Ian's nothing but a player annabella18 02-27-04 2
       RE: Ian's nothing but a player tweet 02-27-04 4
           RE: Ian's nothing but a player annabella18 02-27-04 5
       RE: Ian's nothing but a player reality_gal 02-27-04 6
       RE: Ian's nothing but a player Nascargirl48 02-28-04 13
 RE: Ian's nothing but a player tweet 02-27-04 3
   RE: Ian's nothing but a player reality_gal 02-27-04 8
       RE: Ian's nothing but a player annabella18 02-27-04 10
           RE: Ian's nothing but a player pandorella 02-27-04 11
               RE: Ian's nothing but a player freakusmaximus 03-03-04 31
 RE: Ian's nothing but a player qwertypie 02-27-04 7
   RE: Ian's nothing but a player SilverStar 02-27-04 9
       RE: Ian's nothing but a player Chrissy gal 02-28-04 12
           RE: Ian's nothing but a player pandorella 02-28-04 16
               RE: Ian's nothing but a player Chrissy gal 02-29-04 19
                   RE: Ian's nothing but a player pandorella 02-29-04 20
 So sad. Tiggertramp 02-28-04 14
 RE: Ian's nothing but a player AMAI 02-28-04 15
   RE: Ian's nothing but a player pandorella 02-28-04 17
       RE: Ian's nothing but a player pandorella 02-28-04 18
 RE: Ian's nothing but a player hellaywoman 02-29-04 21
   RE: Ian's nothing but a player Carolinalaw2003 03-01-04 23
 RE: Ian's nothing but a player 3amigos 03-01-04 22
   RE: Ian's nothing but a player momotrips 03-02-04 26
 RE: Ian's nothing but a player lisajanetx 03-01-04 24
   RE: Ian's nothing but a player annabella18 03-02-04 25
       RE: Ian's nothing but a player minkey 03-02-04 27
       RE: Ian's nothing but a player rhicks2327 03-02-04 28
           RE: Ian's nothing but a player hellaywoman 03-02-04 30
 RE: Ian's nothing but a player paperclip 03-02-04 29
   RE: Ian's nothing but a player rhicks2327 03-03-04 32
 RE: Ian's nothing but a player jmljmom04 03-06-04 33
   RE: Ian's nothing but a player caroleann 03-07-04 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rockytop Chick 314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-27-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rockytop%20Chick Click to send private message to Rockytop%20Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Do you know Ian personally????

Or do you just have something against educated, successful people??

02-27-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annabella18 Click to send private message to annabella18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
I don't have anything against educated & successful people as I am one myself. I'm just stating the obvious. Living in NY you are running with the wolves and sometimes the reality is harsh. Unfortunately, the men here are surrounded by lots of eye candy and sometimes lack honor. Ian seemed very cut off emotionally and the type of man to freak himself out with any type of commitment. He didn't seem to exude much character. I don't think that it was ABC's editing. Did you watch last night's "After the Rose..." show? He just wasn't into it or Meredith.

tweet 22 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tweet Click to send private message to tweet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Did you miss the part where he said "I love this girl"?

02-27-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
I think it's funny that you all of you are defending him. You must have a huge crush on him.

reality_gal 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-27-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reality_gal Click to send private message to reality_gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
I am from NY also. From the moment I saw Ian on the show I knew he was a player and was on there for fun and fame. A typical NY high and mighty socialite and I was thinking how gorgeous he is too lol. Everything u say i agree on annabella. Too bad Meridith fell for his charms she will pay dearly.

Nascargirl48 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-28-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nascargirl48 Click to send private message to Nascargirl48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-04 AT 01:12 AM (EST)

"Did you watch last night's "After the Rose..." show? He just wasn't into it or Meredith." ---Quote

Did we see the same show????? Ian was totally into Mere on the After show. Did you see him actually propse to her, or saying he loved her or even the outakes. I'm not sure when you got to be so cynical or judgemetal but I feel kinda sorry for you if that's the way you live life. Just because Ian is from NY doesn't mean he is everything you say he supposedly is. That is a blanket judgement of the worst kind IMO. He is totally head over heels for Mere as she is for him. That was evident fairly early in the series and proved at the FRC and After.

tweet 22 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tweet Click to send private message to tweet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing... do you know him?
Where did this "non-committal snob" come from?
Just because he is a more cautious and private person, it should not mean he is non-committal or a snob.

reality_gal 62 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reality_gal Click to send private message to reality_gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Why do u assume he is cautious and private!!!!! Ian is smart and he knows how to act. He didn't even sign up to be on the show his friends did it and then after he was out of work he then decided to go on. Doesn't that tell us something??

02-27-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
absolutely reality_gal! He's totally conscious of what he's doing. Meredith probably never had such a hot guy before and she wanted to believe that it could work. Ian's not a man at all--he's a boy. A real man wouldn't question their union and be SCARED. He may have gotten himself in too deep, not sure if he knows what a media storm he signed up for. He'll have to defend this act for a while to play it out. But Bob Guiney sure showed his true colors soon enough.

pandorella 82 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Yikes,pretty strong words annabelle18.

Ian could have his pick of women but he chose MEREDITH because he felt strongly enough to propose marriage.His intentions were honorable and he is not reluctant at all to say he loves her.And marriage should provoke some anxiety because it is such a major life decision.Seems normal.The whole premise of the show was to present Meredith with a ring at the end.

Perception is a very interesting thing because when i see them together on tv, the connection they have is undeniable.

And DO NOT COMPARE IAN WITH BLAB!!! Ian is nothing like the pigster!!! That's going too far. So you don't agree with her choice,fine. But what's up with being so harsh about Ian? He came around and seems completely smitten.... not like that huge giggling phoney,Bob guineypiglet.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-03-04, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
I totally agree Ian isnt as bad as that giggling, phony, piggy-faced B-O-B... he did seem sort of into meredith but then again I dont agree with all these people saying he was head over heels. he seems moderately into her- although I would not be shocked if that changes next month. seems more likely that he would dump her than she him.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
How does that phrase go
"If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck..."?

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
...then it's probably a cow? LOL
SilverStar
Proud Member RBBRTFHLA
Love your member name-very cute!

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-04, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"

Or a Pig!

02-28-04, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"

Or none of the above and deserves alittle slack.

He may be the rare man who actually did find love on the show.He admits he was skeptical and completely surprised that he was the one who fell in love.

What makes him a pig for falling in love and proposing to Mere? PULLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-04, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
LAST EDITED ON 02-29-04 AT 06:02 AM (EST)

What makes him a pig for falling in love and proposing to Mere? PULLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not call Ian a pig for falling in love with Meredith. I simply was answering, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck..then it's probably a cow?..." I said, "Or a pig!" as in Pig-Bob as Bob is so often called around here. I guess I forgot to add

That being said, my opinion of Ian is my opinion. I disagree with most of what is posted about Trista around here, but I understand that others do not need to agree with me!

So, when I do decide to post my opinion of Ian I hope the other posters in this forum will be able to accept it as my opinion, and respect the fact that I have a right to my opinion as I respect their rights to their opinions.

Edited to add new sig pic.

02-29-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"

Sorry ChrissyGal,

Jumped the gun and thought you were talking about Ian.

Of course you were talking about pig-bob!

No problem with anyone posting their opinion.That's what we are all doing.There was no personal attack so all's well.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-04, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "So sad."
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-04 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

Wow, love your gift of over-generalization.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Annabella, I'm sorry to hear of your ordeals. You've obviously suffered at the hands of some uncaring NY men.

It is very possible that Ian is not like other New Yorkers because he wasn't raised in the States. He might actually be as wonderful as we Ian-fans think, and actually in love with Meredith.

We'll know in time.

02-28-04, 10:01 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"

Amen,AMAI!

Sounds like someone has been unlucky in love and harbors some deep resentments against men in general.Too bad.

Don't hold it against Ian and Meredith because they are happy together.

02-28-04, 10:04 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"

P.S. Not ALL New York men are pigs, although alot of them are,or most of them,but not all of them!

hellaywoman 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-29-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hellaywoman Click to send private message to hellaywoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
LAST EDITED ON 02-29-04 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

Hot, educated, elitist, non-committal snob who only dates beautiful cultured women that know 3 languages. Not some Big-boned make-up artist from Portland OR. His REAL French girlfriend du-jour was probably watching the season finale at his friends Soho loft, sipping martinis with his gay brother and laughing about the entire thing.

Wow..talk about bitter. Sounds like you've never gotten over the harshness of a guy breaking up with you. One experience doesn't make a conclusion about guys like Ian.

I thought it was a wonderful story, Ian and Mer finding each other. Why is everyone bashing the two, they look so happy together and I've watched the Bachelor/ette series from the start and this couple is the only one close to sounding and looking normal. The other bachelors seem to always carry a hidden agenda like trying to get their 15 minutes of their fame.

And Gimme A Break calling Ian a loser. LMAO...I personally know a rich guy like Ian who comes from old wealth and they're no where close to being a snob. As a matter of fact, they downplay their money so much just to see who their real friends are. My friend is extremely generous and never ever uses his upper crust status to abuse. His family name are the ones that are marqueed on a big building of a college campus. You know the kind, the college campuses that you can't afford to go to.

Carolinalaw2003 8 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-04, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Carolinalaw2003 Click to send private message to Carolinalaw2003 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
I'd venture to guess that you are quite young annabel, and I don't mean that as an insult.

When I was young I had all these ideas about what a "real man" was. As you get older and I think the other woman on this board who are Meredith's age or older can vouch for this, you learn that there are lots of things that make a real man.

A real man is one that will love and respect you, who will take out the garbage, tell you he loves you when you have been sick in bed and haven't showered for two days. It's not romantic dinners and roses, it's the dinner he tried to cook himself and the milk he remember to pick up at the grocery store that add real love to the relationship.

Many of us have had an Ian and a Matt in our lives. Most of us dated our Ian in college or our early 20's. We were attracted to him because he was so unobtainable, exotic and different. At a time in our lives when we are longing for the passion that consumes us, after a while most of us get out because it is the kind of relationship that eats you alive. And you find that your feelings for the dreamer never match the feelings he has for you. Most of us have married our Matt's.

But even the dreamer's get older, and I guess eventually they settle down in a relationship with women like Meredith. If she has a similar spirit, then it can work. She doesn't want a house and a yard and a picket fence. You don't pick a relationship for safety and security, if you did you might as well marry your best friend. You pick a partner because he is someone you don't want to live without and because he is someone that you loved. She loved Ian, and it appears that he loved her. It's as simple as that. Will it work out, who knows? I've loved lot's of men in my life, I only ended up with one of them for the long term. Even if they don't get married and ride off into the sunset it doesn't make it any less real.

As for being scared, anyone who has been in a relationship and been hurt is scared. You're lying if you say your not. The fact that he could overcome that fear and take the leap with her is a big deal. If you recall she was scared too.

As for being big-boned that doesn't even need to be dignified with an answer. If being a size two is all you think it takes to make a woman beautiful you need to reprioritize your thinking. A woman with an evil heart will be ugly no matter what size she is.

Sorry for the long post. I figured if I was going to come out of lurking I better do it in a big way.

Nice to meet you all

3amigos 5 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-04, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 3amigos Click to send private message to 3amigos Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
annabella and reality_gal, I don't understand why, just because you live in NY, you feel you can generalize carte blanche about all men from NY. There are millions of them; how can they all be as you describe? You sound very bitter; sorry if some NY man had done you wrong in the past. (Besides, Ian is originally from San Paulo, and Meredith spoke about his gentle Brazilian ways)

And HELLOOO ... did you see the same FRC and AFRC the rest of us did? It was the most romantic, genuine, heartfelt FRC ever. Meredith and Ian were both so emotional, and Ian was nervous because his walls finally came tumbling down ... did you notice Mere wiped a tear off Ian's cheek? Even my husband, a wonderful man but not exactly a romantic, got caught up in the moment, embraced me, and told me how much he loves me! Now if that wasn't genuine emotion oozing from that TV set!

Why must you so viciously attack Ian, someone you've never even met, or Meredith, for that matter?

momotrips 4 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail momotrips Click to send private message to momotrips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Apparently you've never been around a lot of upper-class Latin men...

I just had to jump in here. Gentle Brazilian ways? Huh?

I worked in a Latin-American populated corporation for a number of years with wealthy, well-educated men from all over South and Central America. Yes, they are oh so charming. They always try to say flowery, flirty things to all women - beautiful or not. They are mysterious and cultured. If you happen to date one of them (I never did - already married, but my friends did)they promise the world and shower you with flowers, gifts, vacations. They make it all about the woman. In fact, it is all about the man, the conquest, the trophy. Most of the men that were actually married did not respect their wives and continued to "play". It is a generalization, yes, but there were 100's of men that passed through that corporation and very few were exceptions. I did know a very few nice men, though, but they were very few indeed. It's in the culture, it's really not their own personal fault. Latin women understand their men but American women get taken in. Don't get me wrong, being around them can do wonders for a woman's ego. Who doesn't want to be called a "beautiful rose", but also, who wants to get her a** groped!

Ian's dad may be an American, but his mom is Brazilian and his formative years were among other upper-crust Brazilians. Then to end up in NYC? The boy doesn't have a chance unless he's a big exception. Meredith will have a good time for a while at least. Enjoy the ride, girl!

I hope ALL Latin-American men are not ticked off by this post! Some of you guys are great! But I'll take my corn-fed Kansas boy anyday!

lisajanetx 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lisajanetx Click to send private message to lisajanetx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
I am afraid I have to agree with Annabella18. As much as I find Ian to be quite charming, as much as I am attracted to him, and as much as I'd have to admit that I would have chosen him, too, I think he probably is a player.

I want to believe the ABC fantasy, too, that Mer has found true love, but doesn't all of this strike you as a bit contrived??? I think Mer is much more into Ian than Ian is into Mer. I imagine Annabella18 is quite correct about NY men. In fact, during the show I was wondering why such an articulate, well-educated, good looking man like Ian would even be on this show as I've heard about how easy it is for single men in NY. I also think ABC put Mer into leading Matt on re: presenting a ring and, similarly, I am sure Ian was "encouraged" to propose to Mer. Who in their right minds would propose or agree to marry anyone after six weeks of dating in an unnatural situation before cameras???

Best of luck to both Mer and Ian, although I think they will have a relationship, Ian will eventually back out. I don't think either one is truly ready for a permanent relationship at this time. Both seem to be in transitional phases in their respective lives.

03-02-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Fantasy is right. Falling love in six weeks and proposing marriage is not realistic. How many of you have dated someone for a month and a half and only scratch the surface of their personality. In that short amount of time you get to know the persona not the person. Everyone is on their best behavior in the beginning of a relationship.

I also think that LUST had a lot to do with Meredith's choice. Her and Ian had chemistry. Does anyone know if they consumated their passion while the series was filming? Sometimes LUST clouds your judgement.

The simple truth is that Meredith is a smart, beautiful woman who has a lot of power in the media right now. She should play out the passion with Ian and have fun in the sun down in Brazil. But just a word to the wise. Don't put all your eggs in his basket. Again, I know his type and men get spooked easily. He's free right now. No job, no home, no responsibilities & plenty of cash to keep up his traveler's lifestyle. Men like him don't settle down in their early 30's. They settle down in their late 30's - early 40's. He's still got a lot of SINGLE years ahead of him before he takes the plunge.

From one strong sister to another. Meredith- have fun but don't waste any tears on this guy.

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-02-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Annabella (I love that name),

Thank you for a more moderate approach! I could really hear what you were saying this time. I'm glad you were positive about Meredith, too. I feel she's really been unfairly raked over the coals because of the Matthew, editing mess.

I understand your concerns about Ian and the lifestyle he's chosen... Hopefully, Meredith IS the one and the love they share will be a transforming love where the sum of the 2 is greater than the parts. That's the feeling I get. Time will tell.

rhicks2327 4 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rhicks2327 Click to send private message to rhicks2327 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
I have a question that's kinda off track. Does anyone know if The Bachelorette 2 is going to be re-aired at some point? I know the Bachelor XYZ always airs on ABC Family. It would be interesting to watch it again now that we all know the outcome.

hellaywoman 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hellaywoman Click to send private message to hellaywoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Rhicks I think the Bachelorette marathon is scheduled on March 20 @ ABC Family.

paperclip 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail paperclip Click to send private message to paperclip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Why does everyone think Ian is such a player? Just because he is so good looking? (I know some people don't find him to be,but I do. He is by far one of the HOTTEST guys I've ever seen). So he is somewhat quiet...SO WHAT? Not quiet as in nothing to say, quiet as in softspoken, NOT Mr. "Life of the party, NOT "it's about me, me, me". He seems to have almost a "little boy" like charm. If I'd had to guess his occupation based on his personality, I would have guessed engineer or "computer geek". Plus the guy lost his mother at the tender age of 3. Give him a break! I thought from the first episode that he looked and acted like someone who wanted a family and will someday make a fantastic dad. On Ellen talk show he looked like he is more than ready to duck on out of the spotlight. I hope their relationship lasts. I think they are perfect together. Ian states he got out of the limo and he "knew"...well, watch that first episode and you'll see that when he got out of the limo, Meredith LIT UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE. And I can't blame her! Neither of them appeared to be faking ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY during that FINAL EPISODE.

rhicks2327 4 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rhicks2327 Click to send private message to rhicks2327 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
I agree with you "Paperclip". I liked Ian from day one. There's just something about him. He was definitely cuter than Matthew and he seemed to be completely sincere and honest with Meredith from the beginning. You have to admit he came a long way from the beginning of the show. He really opened up.

And thanks hellaywoman for the info on the Bachelorette marathon show on ABC Family!!

jmljmom04 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jmljmom04 Click to send private message to jmljmom04 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
You know I've been reading all of these boards after watching the show, etc. and this is the first posting I had to respond to. You know, you're right about those types of guys. I spent a long time working in NY and I know what you are saying. However, this is where you are wrong about Ian. I spotted him immediately (I always like the NY men on these shows, because the girls never understand them) and wondered what he was doing there. Here's the thing. If he was a player, and intended to "half" propose all along, he would have never said at the very beginning he didn't believe in proposing on these shows. That was a risk and I believe an honest statement, because he was already going to get in trouble with his family for doing the show in the first place. By her picking him meant she didn't need the proposal, so then why did he even do it? Unless he really meant it. Also, he was awfully nervous (very cute though) to be a player!

His brother was visibly concerned that he had gone over the deep end and you could see he had no idea why Ian was on the show. His best friend and brother for that matter didn't seem like players at all. If he was a true player/troublemaker with his family, he would have brought her to them anyway just to make for an uncomfortable situation for the hell of it. I could tell immediately that he was wealthy, but he was very cagey about his means of support which was a risk that she wouldn't "get" he was well off, but he wanted her feelings for him to be geniune and not like the girls who know about his trust fund.

And the big clue that he wasn't in this for the publicity was that I had read he had been contacted to be "The Bachelor" a couple of times and turned them down. Who knows maybe he knew Meredith was to be the Bachelorette and he wanted to meet her. Also, rumor has it all the "I love you" stuff was edited out because they hit it off too soon and the producers wanted tension and "labeled" him committment phobic to balance out Matt.

The only dirt they've dug up on this guy was that he had a six-year relationship with a girl from college.

The one thing about "players" is that they act like sincere honest guys. So how do you tell them apart from the sincere honest guy? You have to trust your instincts and take a chance.

Every once in a while a guy grows up in priviledged surroundings, actually reads and understands the books he's assigned in college, and wants more out of life than what is planned for him, hence the troublemaker comment. I'm sure his friends thought he was crazy to quit his job, put his stuff in storage and travel the world. I've known NY guys from wealthy families who have done it and they're anything but players. They are settled down now and their wives are real women who are incredibly happy (incredibly happy). I think this show was a fluke and they will disappear. If this is what it looks like it is, she's taken a chance that will make her happy for the rest of her life. He's actually set himself up to look incredibly foolish with his friends and family if it doesn't work out.

caroleann 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caroleann Click to send private message to caroleann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Ian's nothing but a player"
Check out this web site:

http://www.bowdoinorient.org/studorgs/orient/2004-03-05/news03.htm

This article is from the March 5 issue of The Orient. Read the interview questions. It doesn't sound like he is a player to me.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •