The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alliances revealed do not succeed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-08-05, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alliances revealed do not succeed"
I so rarely start spoiler threads, but I haven't seen one dedicated to this old chestnut yet. For those not familiar with it, it generally means that if a group of four people say early in the game: "We're your Final 4, right here"? It ain't gonna happen.

Problem is, I don't think anyone has said anything like that this season. In fact, we've seen very little long-term strategizing. So either it's being hidden from us (for a reason?) or no one's thinking that far ahead at this point (unlikely).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only one who's really even discussed the game as far ahead as the merge was Margaret, trying to keep old Nakum together until then. That, of course, has already failed.

We saw two dominant alliances emerge last episode, but neither one really said much about their post-merge plans.

So -- should we assume one of these manages to hold together until the end game? Or are all bets off this season?

A Nutzy/IceCat masterpiece.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alliances revealed do not succe... PepeLePew13 10-08-05 1
 Boot orders revealed do not succee... emydi 10-08-05 2
   RE: Boot orders revealed do not su... Flowerpower 10-13-05 5
 RE: Alliances revealed do not succe... Quiddity99 10-08-05 3
 RE: Alliances revealed do not succe... agressionx 10-08-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-08-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alliances revealed do not succeed"
I'd say that all bets are off so far this season, although some old-time spoiling methods (hello cowboyroo!) are still working.

However, while alliances revealed tend to not hold all the way to the final two, it often does for the final four or final 6. In Palau, the Tom/Katie/Ian alliance wasn't a tight one but it was an alliance nonetheless. Most of the time, we were led to believe that it was Tom, Ian and Gregg as this was revealed to us early in the game, so while Gregg didn't make it, it still had two of the three principals in the final three.

My thinking is that we can look at the dominant alliance being shown to us pre-merge and say "two out of these three" or "three out of these four" *will* be in the final four. That's a better indication, imho, of figuring out who's the final four -- look at who's the weak link of that alliance and replace with an UTR player or someone who has been edited positively but not as a part of the alliance. Examples: in Thailand, Ted was edited negatively at times so replace him with the more UTR Batty Jan, while Helen and Clay also made the final four with Brian. Or in Palau, the weak link of Tom/Ian/Gregg was Gregg because of his relationship with Jenn -- so Jenn replaced Gregg in the final four. Katie had always been edited as the perfect F2 foil for Tom or Ian.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Boot orders revealed do not succeed"
This is similar...but in Ep4 we had Blake and BJ on NuYaxha telling us it's Amy Brian Gary...that will not happen and I think Blake will somehow be the one from Nakum that goes premerge...maybe bc of a double boot, someone gets immunity like Ibe did in Palau.

We also had Jamie/Steph (and Judd) tell us its Brooke Lydia Cindy Margaret given to us on NuNakum...that won't happen either....I think Judd is history the next time they go to TC to nip that potential problem in the bud (thanks guppy!!)

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-05, 06:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Boot orders revealed do not succeed"
Thought you might need a few vidcaps to illustrate your point.......in Ep4 we had Blake and BJ on NuYaxha telling us it's Amy, Brian, Gary...that will not happen and I think Blake will somehow be the one from Nakum that goes premerge...

Quiddity99 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-08-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Quiddity99 Click to send private message to Quiddity99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Alliances revealed do not succeed"
>I so rarely start spoiler threads,
>but I haven't seen one
>dedicated to this old chestnut
>yet. For those not familiar
>with it, it generally means
>that if a group of
>four people say early in
>the game: "We're your Final
>4, right here"? It ain't
>gonna happen.
>
>Problem is, I don't think anyone
>has said anything like that
>this season. In fact, we've
>seen very little long-term strategizing.
>So either it's being hidden
>from us (for a reason?)
>or no one's thinking that
>far ahead at this point
>(unlikely).
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but
>the only one who's really
>even discussed the game as
>far ahead as the merge
>was Margaret, trying to keep
>old Nakum together until then.
>That, of course, has already
>failed.
>
>We saw two dominant alliances emerge
>last episode, but neither one
>really said much about their
>post-merge plans.
>
>So -- should we assume one
>of these manages to hold
>together until the end game?
>Or are all bets off
>this season?

I agree, and think that any talk about there being an original Yaxha vs. original Nakum fight after the merge is thinking too far ahead. There certainly is two potential strong alliances at this point with Steph-Rafe-Jamie-Lydia and Brandon-Bobby Jon-Blake-Danni. But they are human, and mistakes or arguments can happen which can cause those alliances to crumble. What if through some means next weak Margaret & Cindy are able to convince Lydia that she's worthless to the other 3, and Judd, feeling sorry for his betrayal, joins them to vote out Steph? Then that alliance, which had the potential to last is completely wiped out. Likely? Probably not, but who knows what will happen at this point. Thats why I feel this 'throwing challenges' to plan for post merge notion would be extremely stupid for them to do.

As for any of the 2 current alliances lasting to the final 4, I'd say its possible for the original Nakum alliance, but no way for the original Yaxha alliance. Remember, the biggest reason the Ian/Tom/Katie alliance lasted to the final 3 was because Tom and Ian were by far the strongest people there and won every single immunity challenge post merge.

agressionx 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-08-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agressionx Click to send private message to agressionx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Alliances revealed do not succeed"
I in no way claim to be a spoiler but I do believe that the new Nakum will have a stronger alliannce then many believe. I have been reading spoilers on other sites and it appears to me that the following is how the rest of the game plays out..

The next four I think is gonna be:

Amy
Brian
Gary
Margaret

Due to a late merge Yakum will return to TC.

Blake--on the end of the foursome

Merge: Pre-family visit

BJ
Brandon
Jamie
No family visit or long term spoliers and it makes sense that the weakers member would vote out the stronger players to stop a Tom Westman Version 2 from winning.

Final Six

Danni
Judd
Cindy
Steph
Rafe
Lydia

all six expect Lydia has family spoilers or long term spoilers..I think Lydia is gonna be dragged alone for her vote..

If it plays out like this the boot order appears to me to be

Danni--last of other tribe
Judd--Stongest male/Stop a Immunity run
Cindy-outside of old alliance
Steph-had her chance

final two:

Rafe
Lydia

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •