The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-07-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ironic immunity challenge choices"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-05 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

We now have one tribe with 4 original Yaxha and 3 original Nakum, and one tribe with 4 original Nakuma and 3 original Yaxha. If your original tribe is in the majority of your new tribe and you wanted to insure that your original tribe went to the merge with a majority, it would make sense for you to lose the next few immunity challenges and therefore give yourself the opportunity to eliminate members of the other tribe. If your original tribe is in the majority of your new tribe, every immunity challenge you win until the merge will lead to the other tribe voting off one of your original team mates.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... emydi 10-07-05 1
   RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... Scarlett O Hara 10-07-05 2
       RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... echogirl 10-07-05 4
   RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... JohnMc 10-07-05 3
       RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... emydi 10-07-05 5
           RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... chessmaster 10-07-05 12
               RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... emydi 10-07-05 13
                   RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... chessmaster 10-07-05 14
                       RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... emydi 10-07-05 15
                           RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... Loquatrix 10-07-05 18
                               RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... chessmaster 10-08-05 24
               RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... JazzyJax 10-07-05 17
                   RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... Quiddity99 10-07-05 20
                       RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... emydi 10-08-05 21
                           RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... Quiddity99 10-08-05 22
                           RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... michel 10-08-05 25
                               RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... Quiddity99 10-09-05 27
                                   RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... michel 10-09-05 28
 RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... KObrien_fan 10-07-05 6
   RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... echogirl 10-07-05 8
 RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... bondt007 10-07-05 7
   RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... echogirl 10-07-05 9
   RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... LibraRising 10-07-05 10
 RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... Bebo 10-07-05 11
   RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... Rasta 10-07-05 16
 RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... michel 10-07-05 19
   RE: Ironic immunity challenge choic... Bravehart 10-08-05 26
 Jiffy at the end of TC I_Got_Nutn 10-08-05 23
   RE: Jiffy at the end of TC chaipo 10-09-05 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-07-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Right--so we have the old Nakum BBBD trying to lose (but will they) for NuYaxha vs. old Yaxha SJLR (but will Steph?) trying to lose for NuNakum

It would be interesting to see but I just don't see it happening...competitive juices are hard to contain...plus look what happened when Burton threw a challenge in S7--nothing good comes of it I know I couldn't do it at least not for the long haul....

Also you have the Pact between Jamie/Steph with Judd to vote out one of their own next Lydia...so new alliances on the Nu tribes are emerging...I see it happening more on NuNakum (bc we did indeed see it yday bc NuNakum went to TC)..but I could see Brian trying over on NuYaxha...but I think he will regret it...as BR has opined yesterday in his Boot 4 Brian prediction and Gary will shift the focus to Brian.

I also think Judd will regret his decision and BBBD will let him loose when they can (albeit after the merge) but soon thereafter or GOD forbid Margaret and Cindy get together with Lydia...

I think Rafe is key...you saw him talking to Lydia about the Brooke boot...but what you didn't see is if whether he knows about Steph/Jamie/Judd deal to get Lydia next? All Steph and Jamie said to Judd was....Rafe will do what we say....quite patronizing!!

If Rafe finds out Jamie/Steph have been bartering away Yaxha players, he could and should get mad. I was so surprised that Rafe did not win most Yaxha spirit!!

I think Margaret and Cindy have to at least try this and go to Rafe and Lydia on their side and have a "WEAK ALLIANCE" of 4 which beats out the "strong" Judd/Jamie/Steph...boy I would LOVE to see THAT!!!

Scarlett do you agree? Remember KT's game after the merge???

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-07-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
we have the old Nakum BBBD trying to lose (but will they) for NuYaxha vs. old Yaxha SJLR (but will Steph?) trying to lose for NuNakum ...

No, I do not see this happening at all (but would L*O*V*E to!)

I also do not see Steph, Jamie and Rafe voting out Lydia next. I think they just said that so that Judd would vote their way last night.

...the Pact between Jamie/Steph with Judd to vote out one of their own next Lydia...so new alliances on the Nu tribes are emerging...

IMHO, I think Steph/Jamie just lied their A$$ES off to Judd, to sway him to vote with them against his own tribemate, Brooke. I think they have no intention of voting off Lydia now. It looks to me like Margaret and Cindy better prepare to be pagonged.

GOD forbid Margaret and Cindy get together with Lydia... and they are joined by Rafe? What a coup that will be. Now I know Rafe is smart, but is he really this smart? Unfortunately, I do not see this happening either.

e, what a coup that would have been!! But as I recall, that didn't work either!!!

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-07-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-05 AT 12:27 PM (EST)

GOD forbid Margaret and Cindy get together with Lydia... and they are joined by Rafe? What a coup that will be. Now I know Rafe is smart, but is he really this smart? Unfortunately, I do not see this happening either.

Actually I think Rafe is playing an incredibly smart game. He's in good with Steph, is friends with Lydia, and has not been a vocal strategizer. He's not UTR, but hasn't been edited as a threat or a target which bodes well for his longevity IMO. When and if things start to crumble, he's pretty much insured others will be targeted first. And after the merge he won't be targeted as an individual immunity threat. If anyone has F4 written all over him, it's Rafe.

IMO Cindy distancing herself from Margaret would be the smartest move. Margaret is mad!!! Margaret just bumped herself up in the boot order. Let Judd/Jamie/Steph debate Lydia or Margaret and try to slip into the main group. I didn't see her as a huge part of the original Nakum group, and she appears to be the last UTR player left. Well I think one UTR player goes pretty far, and I think Cindy is it.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-07-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
These idiots still need to remember that while they are swapped, there are still 14 of them left! It is WAY too early in the game to be scheming.

The fact that Judd swapped puts him at the end of a 5-person totem pole. Plus, once his old tribe finds out he defected, then if they merge with the majority, then he's at the bottom of the totem pole and he gets voted out at 10 and misses the jury. IDIOT!

Throwing challenges is not a good idea because you don't know how the other team treating their swap. They may decide to take their new merge situation and just stay as a new tribe. So because the "old" teams are still even, you have to just go out and win right now. Later it might make more sense if they are closer to the merge (see S3 Africa). But not now.

10-07-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-05 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

John--I don't think Judd would be booted at 10 because Orig Nakum may still need him, but as soon as the nos. are there, BBBD boot him. Judd may even be gone before merge....

Ok assume the following:

Merge at 10; therefore 4 more boots until merge

NuYaxha goes to TC 2 times and NuNakum goes to TC 2 times

----As things stand now 2 of 3 of Brian Amy Gary would
be the two boots and NuYaxha comes to merge 4
OrigNakum BBBD and 1 Orig Yaxha (lets assume Gary but
it really doesn't matter)come to merge

----As things stand now its 2 of 3 of Margaret Cindy
and Lydia If Steph/Jamie are liars as Scar says they
are and I tend to agree, then its Marg/Cindy that go
and NuNakum comes to merge 4 OrigYaxha (SRJL)and
1 OrigNakum Judd

----So Judd the dimwit has just handed Yaxha who was down on NuYaxha a tie at the merge...what will BBBD do then, do they stick with Judd and now Steph/Jamie to get rid of Gary, Lydia and Rafe. Then at 7 get rid of Judd as a betrayer/bonehead playa??

Or what happens if NuYaxha kicks butt and only loses 1 TC before the merge...then 4 Orig Nakum and 2 Orig Yaxha come to merge from NuYaxha

Then 3 boots on NuNakum could be all three original Nakum...Marg/Cindy/Judd in that order probably and the 4 OrigYaxha come to merge and its 6-4 Orig Yaxha over BBBD the 4 OrigNakum

If Lydia is booted instead of Judd in above it still is only a 5-5 tie.

If NuNakum loses all 4 (that would be hilarious bc of Steph!!) then Judd is definitely gone and its 3 Original Yaxha from NuNakum come to merge and meet BAG from Nu Yaxha and its 6-4 Yaxha has the majority...

Therefore, by doing what he did, Judd just ruined the majority that Nakum was HANDED at the swap yesterday!!! I would have forced a tie and let the chips fall where they may at TC and hope that Brooke would have beaten Lydia in any tiebreaker.

So now Margaret has to do something...would she try to "talk" with gestures to her old tribe when they walk in and see Brooke gone? I dont' think so look what happened to Bubba!!

So she has to get a majority...THE WEAK ALLIANCE is her only shot...but Rafe is safe right now with Jamie/Steph...the only way it works is if Rafe does not know about the Brooke for Lydia deal that Jamie Judd and Steph made and he gets mad...I would love to know what Rafe knows right now...it looked like he was clueless when he was doing Lydia's hair and talking to her...is he that good of an actor?? I don't think he knows about it...Somehow, Margaret has to find out what Judd got from Jamie and Steph...is Judd stupid and loud mouthed enuf to tell her? Maybe...she then goes to Rafe with it by herself to see if he knows about it....and persuade him to get Lydia on board for the weak alliance...Oh I would love it!!

Scar..it would have worked...but for well..you know...let's not go there again!!!

chessmaster 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-07-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chessmaster Click to send private message to chessmaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Everybody seems to assume that the best strategy is to keep alliances with the tribes that are arbitrarily assigned at the start of the game.

I would not automatically assume that Judd is stupid, and therefore made a stupid decision. One thing that is clear, is he was 4th on the totem pole vs. Brooke, Margaret and Cindy.

Also I do not think Judd is necessarily 5th on the totem pole with Lydia, Rafe, Steph, Jamie. The fact that Judd bonded with Steph & Jamie over his old tribe, indicates that he would very likely be helpful to either of them if the old Nakums all get eliminated and they need to start figuring out how to finish ahead of the other Yaxhas. Although Jamie probably distrusts Stephanie in the long-run as he sees her as a threat, the best play for Stephanie & Jamie, would be to
1. try to get all the old Nakum's minus Judd elimanated
2. for a newNakum alliance with Lydia, Judd, Rafe & pick off Amy, Brian, Gary
3. then use Judd to eliminate Lydia and Rafe

This plan would probably be an unstoppable way to get both to the final 3

10-07-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
But at this point in the game, it is way too early to switch original tribal alliances, esp. when you have one up in the nos. and you give it away for basically nothing!! Jamie and Steph are unlikely to keep their end of the bargain and vote off Lydia next TC. As you see above, if the merge happens at 10 the best that can happen unless NuYaxha throws ALL the challenges until the merge (which won't happen) is a 5-5 split. I don't think BBBD will too happy about that....

10-07-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chessmaster Click to send private message to chessmaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
I think that's really assuming that everybody is going to be rigid and stick to original tribal alliances. If you perceive yourself to be at near the bottom of your original tribe, the best thing you can do is break these alliances up as soon as possible .. we have actually seen that with Rob C. in the Amazon.

By crossing over early, he starts to dispel the notion that people HAVE to play by original tribal alliances (because everybody else is playing by them.)

A very bad scenario for Judd would have been a losing streak on Nakum. Had Lydia been voted out, and then they started voting out the stronger players, Rafe, Jamie, Steph .. one more loss before the merge, there is no question those 3 women, would have booted Judd.

The way Margaret is acting, Judd himself may want her out instead of Lydia next round. I suspect from the picnic voting and editting that Judd & Margaret were not terribly fond of each other to begin with.

As far as a 5-5 split at the merge, that is assuming that Judd wants to re-allign into original tribes again, which he may not, nor that he will finish 6th if he sides with oldYakum. Also, if it is 6oldNakum's (including Judd) vs. 4 oldYaxha, why would that be better for him than a 5-5 split? If Judd simply voted off the 4 Yaxha with the oldNakums, whomever is left between Cindy & Margaret has probably already labelled him a traitor and would want him off next (if not earlier) .. so Judd would probably be siding with the oldYaxha in that scenario.

I think in the AllStars, Kathy O and Shii-Ann were mentioning that you have to mix things up, because sticking with original tribal alliances is ONLY good for the persons in those alliances who are set up to finish in the top 2; and you have to mix it up before too many players are eliminated. If Judd felt that his endgame with an all-oldNakum final is not going to work in his favor, I agree with his decision to start getting a few Yaxha allies as early as possible.

And personally, I don't really see Stephanie & Jamie booting out Judd ahead of Rafe or Lydia. Another assumption was made that Stephanie is close to Rafe, but that is not clear, since Stephanie voted for Brian on the picnic.

10-07-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
But as John Mc said...there are still 14 people left...you make the move at 9 or 7 not at 15.

Judd could have just forced the tie, to see who would have won the tiebreaker and then would not have the "traitor" tag placed on him...the editing of the end of TC..Jeff P telling them that when you "switch" you become less trustworthy....is foreshadowing imho--Judd lost the game for himself last nite.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-05, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
I agree, emy.

Combine Jeff's comments about trustworthiness last night, with his comments about "voting based on physical strength not always being a good idea" or words to that effect last week, with the fact that Judd has been getting the "pride comes before a fall" editing since about the middle of last week's episode... I think Judd is not long for this game. The Average Viewer is being invited to dislike Judd and anticipate his demise.

Here's an unrelated question regarding Jeff's comments at tribal council. Last week, when he was saying the stuff about voting based on physical strength, I had the feeling that these comments were dubbed on after the fact and he didn't actually say them to the contestants. The tone of his voice didn't quite seem to match other audio that was recorded at tribal council. The stuff he said didn't quite seem entirely relevant to what was going on. And he wasn't seen saying it to them -- rather, we saw shots of the contestants while Jeff's final words were playing, so it could easily have been recorded separately. AND sometimes the stuff he says at the very end of tribal council could be highly detrimental to an individual player's game (e.g., Judd last night), which risks litigation, so I doubt he'd be allowed to say some of this stuff out loud to the contestants at the time.

So DOES he say all this stuff to the contestants? Or is a lot of what he says dubbed on after the fact for the benefit of the audience? I've often thought that some of his off-the-cuff commentary during challenges is probably added after the fact, too, for the purposes of quietly filling in the story that the editors have decided to tell.

10-08-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
I think that Judd forcing a tie would have been very committal.
Had Brooke lost on a tie, Judd would no longer have the opportunity to make a deal with Stephanie & Jamie, because doing it after losing a tie he would clearly be sending the message that he would only want to make a deal out with them out of convenience, and that when a merge were to eventually happen, they would know that there is NO way Judd would not realign with his other tribemates.
He would have revealed to the other side that he is not going to be a flexible player.

There would be a very high probability that Judd would get voted out ahead of the merge. I think that Judd's move guaranteed him into the merge, whereas not making a deal would have given him a >40% chance of not making the merge (50% chance his side lost the tie, then a high probability that Jamie/Steph/Lydia/Rafe would vote him out before the merge since he is both a threat, and somebody that will always turn down deals to switch) ..
--
Another advantage of Judd switching .. Supposing his side WON the 50% coin toss. Both tribes have a majority of Nakums .. likely that they would vote out all Yaxhas and then Judd is 1 out of 8 ;; competing with 3 women on his side who are close, and the 4 they would rejoin who are also tight, where Blake, BobbyJon & Brandon will make it hard for Judd to win physical individual immunities.

As a switcher, now before the merge, unless there are more defections, we will see both oldNakums and oldYaxhas being eliminated. If Judd goes into the merge on a winning alliance, he is maybe 1 out of 6, or 1 out of 5 .. rather than in a group of 8; and he probably has a decent chance within those groups since he already admitted he bonded better with a few people on Yaxha.

Had all the Yaxhas been wiped out, I think it's very likely Judd would have placed 8th .. Judd really seemed like an outsider and I think he realized he was when he chose to switch. e.g. in the first episode Blake was making faces while Judd was speaking, the Nakum women were all close, etc.

A lot of people think Judd sealed his fate, but actually I think Judd was dealing with a not so great hand, and probably improved it a bit. Forcing a tie, and then trying to make a deal afterwards if that doesn't work out, is not a way to gain trust with people you are interested in forming an alliance with.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-05, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Good points everybody! Sticking to original tribe loyalties when throughout the whole game when you weren't bonding in the first place would never work.

Judd actually may have found himself in a good situation either way.

By "switching" and booting Brooke, Judd may have gained the favor of Stephanie and Jamie temporarily, the only two powerhouses left on NuNukum. He may be comfortable thinking they need his strength for a while, and he can use those two to make merge and hopefully meet back up with his original buddies (BJ, Brandon, maybe Danni, at least.) He knows oldNakum has the advantage at the NuYaxha camp. Come merge, he will be targeted for strength, he will need to re-attempt a new strength alliance to make it farther in the game, and hope for an immunity run toward the end.

Sticking it out with women he has already complained about would have put him further at the bottom of the pile come merge time. There's too many wildcards with more women around as well to attempt an alliance with Stephanie. Jamie is already looking for a way to get her off, why make it harder on himself?

Quiddity99 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-07-05, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Quiddity99 Click to send private message to Quiddity99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
>Good points everybody! Sticking to
>original tribe loyalties when throughout
>the whole game when you
>weren't bonding in the first
>place would never work.
>
>Judd actually may have found himself
>in a good situation either
>way.

Dunno, as I've been saying in other threads, I think Judd made a really dumb decision and put himself in a horrible position. See below.

>By "switching" and booting Brooke, Judd
>may have gained the favor
>of Stephanie and Jamie temporarily,
>the only two powerhouses left
>on NuNukum.

I wouldn't necessarily say Steph and Jamie are powerhouses on Nakum, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. IMHO Cindy's the 2nd strongest woman on the show after Danni and is more valuable from a challenge standpoint than Steph, Rafe and Lydia at the very least. Margaret's not as strong in the challenges, but she's a very valuable member in camp. Judd's obviously the strongest male on the team. I'd say the rankings in terms of sheer strength to the team (disregarding alliances) is:
1. Judd
2. Cindy
3. Margaret
4. Jamie
5. Steph
6. Rafe
7. Lydia

From an alliance standpoint, Steph and Jamie certainly are in a very powerful position, moreso than any other member of the tribe. If thats what you mean, then I certainly agree!

As for Judd gaining their favor, I really think that is irrelevent now. They only needed him long enough to boot Brooke. Now that that is done, his vote is irrelevent to them as long as their alliance of 4 sticks.

>He may
>be comfortable thinking they need
>his strength for a while,
>and he can use those
>two to make merge and
>hopefully meet back up with
>his original buddies (BJ, Brandon,
>maybe Danni, at least.)

Two problems with that. First off is that Judd has already said that he didn't like his original tribe. I think its wrong to assume that he'd team up with BBBD post merge, particularly considering he's already proved himself as a traitor.

Second is that assuming the merger is at 10, Steph, Jamie and Rafe don't need his strength at all. They can lose the next 4 weeks and still be around. They lose next week, Judd goes. The next week, Lydia. Then Margaret and Cindy in any order. They will have the majority throughout. The only way Judd is valuable to those 3 from a strength standpoint is if the merge takes place further off than that.

>Sticking it out with women he
>has already complained about would
>have put him further at
>the bottom of the pile
>come merge time.

The only problem is that now he's the biggest target on Nakum because his 2 former tribemates can't trust him and the 4 person alliance has no need for his vote. A 6-1 booting of Judd next time will be no surprise to me.

>There's
>too many wildcards with more
>women around as well to
>attempt an alliance with Stephanie.
>Jamie is already looking for
>a way to get her
>off, why make it harder
>on himself?

It would be rather dumb of him to target her at this point. Like I said above, as long as he sticks with Steph and Rafe he's safe to the merge.

10-08-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Quid~~welcome I haven't been around here much til now in this seaon!!

I agree with your post and could not have said it better myself..I see Judd out next at NuNakum

10-08-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Quiddity99 Click to send private message to Quiddity99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-05 AT 11:35 AM (EST)

>Quid~~welcome I haven't been around here
>much til now in this
>seaon!!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm a relatively new Survivor fan who didn't start watching religiously until the middle of last season (when Steph was the only one left on Ulong) and haven't really been posting about it til this season.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Saying Steph and Jaime don't need Judd's vote is only true until merge. When that happens, they could use him to get an alliance with Brandon for example. That way, even if Gary, Brian and Amy get wiped out, Steph + Jaime + Rafe + Judd + Brandon could be a strong alliance. They also need his strength to win immunity. Judd isn't leaving in the next 4 boots. Right now I see him leaving at F6 or F7.

10-09-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
>Saying Steph and Jaime don't need
>Judd's vote is only true
>until merge. When that happens,
>they could use him to
>get an alliance with Brandon
>for example. That way, even
>if Gary, Brian and Amy
>get wiped out, Steph +
>Jaime + Rafe + Judd
>+ Brandon could be a
>strong alliance. They also need
>his strength to win immunity.
>Judd isn't leaving in the
>next 4 boots. Right now
>I see him leaving at
>F6 or F7.

Judd's potential strength (and I say potential because he cost them the last challenge!) is dangerous post merge though. As we saw last season, a dominant man can win individual immunity almost every week. Tom was practically invinsible last season because of that. Steph should know that well, and try to vote out a potentially strong guy now while they have the advantage.

10-09-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Don't forget last year's merge had 4 men and 6 women. Also add the fact that the two strongest, Ian and Tom were allied and another, Coby, wasn't very physical. That made having a winning streak much easier than it will be this time. There could be 7 men at merge, almost certainly 6, and 2 of the strongest women players ever (certainly stronger than Janu Caryn and Katie). All but Rafe seem sufficiently athletic. No one is going on a streak this time.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
And lets not forget that we are due for a double boot episode at some point real soon. This could throw the tribe dynamics off depending on how they do it (for example if one tribe or one player gets to assign immunity to one on the other tribe).

10-07-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Yes it could. Personally I hate double boots, especially if a tribe wins it's challenge and still has to boot someone.

I know it won't happen, but I think it would be interesting to see a merge at 11. Then you have an individual challenge and the loser (first out, lowest score, etc) of that challenge automatically exits. The winner gets individual immunity and then the remaining ten go to TC and vote off one member. That leaved you with your usual F9. I know it won't happen, but I hated the Willard boot last season almost as much as I hated Willard!

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-07-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
I don't know the exact historic data, but I recall any time a tribe throws a challenge, it becomes the beginning of the end for them.

Do any of you recall the end result of the tribes that went with this strategy?

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

Charter Member, April 2001; Club Anti-DAW

10-07-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Africa. Boran immediatly threw a challenge after a swap to vote off Silas. F4 was Ethan/Tom/Lex/Kim so it worked for them.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-07-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Rotu wanted to throw a challenge to get rid of Rob. But what was left of Maraamu was so pathetic that even without everyone trying to win, Rotu ended up winning the challenge anyway.

Who knows? If they had been successful, Rob wouldn't have been around to plant the doubt in Kathy, and maybe the coconut-cutting challenge wouldn't have had the same impact.

A Nutzy/IceCat masterpiece.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
I was wondering if I was the only one pondering this.

And add me to the list that thinks Lydia is absolutely, completely safe this week. Steph, Jaime, and Rafe were able to take the power position - no way they're giving it back.

With the episode 5 title reeking of Yaxha, and with nuYaxha having such a physical advantage over nuNakum, I can't help but wonder if they end up throwing it.

| |

Rasta 210 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rasta Click to send private message to Rasta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Great thread. Lots of interesting commentary!

Personally, I think a swap this early in the game is great. Will the players stick with their original tribal divisions, or will new alliances be formed. Last night, everyone except Judd seemed inclined to the former, but a lot will happen over the coming days.

Also, it will be interesting to see if someone throws an IC. If either team wins more than 2 of the next 4 ICs, they'll be at a disadvantage at the merge. Assuming old tribal lines hold up.

Also, while I was disappointed in Judd last night, he may be sitting pretty for F6 (or even further) if he can truly cross over to the old Yaxha tribe. On the other hand, it's awfully early to have a big target on his back.

Finally, despite being sad to see three straight hotties get the boot, this is shaping up to be a very interesting season!

10-07-05, 08:22 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
Let's not forget that they have 4 boots left before a merge at 10. Even if there is a double boot, then that means 9 days for them to compete with the new tribes. Nothing builds team spirit better than a winning streak. If new Nakum were to intentionaly throw challenges, what guaranty does Steph and Jamie have that their old alliance would hold?
For example, lets say Brian, Blake, and BJ make a secret F3 pact, Nakum threw 3 challenges booting Cindy, Marg and Judd while in the double boot Amy was eliminated. That leaves 6 old Yaxha (steph+jamie+lydia+rafe+gary+brian) and 4 old Nakum now on Yaxha. Brian goes to Steph and Jamie saying: "we're up 6 to 4 but Gary is a big threat, let's get rid of him right away and we're still 5 against 4." That done, then Brian goes back with the Nakums to vote out Steph, Jamie and Rafe. It's down to six and the 3 guys are left against Dani, Brandon and Lydia. Get Lydia to vote out Brandon and they are home free.
The key in this scenario is to get an alliance across original tribal lines and isn't that just what Judd has attempted to build?

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-05, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ironic immunity challenge choices"
I agree throwing a challenge is a logical thing to do but I think it would have to be someone other than Stephanie throwing the challenge. She knows better than most that by losing too many challenges, you lose all your numbers and end up alone. I don't think she'll let that happen again....or could it??? JP made a pretty big thing about it at the last TC...bad luck and all. lolol

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-08-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Jiffy at the end of TC"
"Tribal lines and personal loyalties are going to shift throughout this game."

Anyone else think that we may see another tribe swap, pre-merge?

chaipo 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-09-05, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chaipo Click to send private message to chaipo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Jiffy at the end of TC"
I had that feeling after the last episode too!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •