The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Hawkeye 10, TAR 5 Episode 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-01-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Hawkeye 10, TAR 5 Episode 9"
Oh, there's so much to be said about this race. But the jokes are YOUR job, not mine. So have at it:

1. Nicole commented that mosques were everywhere in Dubai, "like Starbucks". Make up a name for a coffee drink that would be served at a mosque, and for bonus points, tell me what would be in it.

2. Kami and Karli want to sing you a song for money! What song(s) would you pay to hear them sing? For bonus points, how much would you pay (for each song)?

3. Today, Chip is wearing a shirt from everyone's favorite Dallas pizza parlor, Cafe Nostra. What kind of deal did Marshall and Lance have to strike with him to get him to advertise for them? What kind of deal would they have had to strike with you? (You may make your own assumptions about how much Chip, or you, would have known about the brothers' (non-)finish at the time.)

4. Chip says he strokes Colin's ego in the hope that it will make him overconfident and lead him into making a mistake. What approach would you take in order to get Colin to make that one big mistake?

5. Okay, settle this. Calcutta: beautful, ugly, or ugly but smile and call it beautiful?

6. The Yield is back!! But it still goes unused. Design a new gimmick (or rework the Yield) for TAR 6 so that teams will actually want to use it occasionally.

7. Colin: "I'm packin' it!!!" What was THAT about?

8. First Linda and Karen get in trouble with a taxi driver, right after having chided Colin over HIS taxi driver problems. Then they have currency exchange issues, recalling their subterfuge involving money exchange on the Argentina ferry. What is the next piece of karmic irony in store for our Bowling Moms?

9. We all know about the Parable of the Prodigal Son from the St. Petersburg leg. If Jesus had told a parable using Brandon and Nicole's experience with the Fast Forward, what would it have been its title? For bonus points, write the parable.

10. So apparently Calcutta has lots of people just standing around ready to push taxis around for anyone who asks. Or do they? What incentive might there have been for these people to be so helpful to our teams, many of whom didn't even help push?

Bonus. When Phil informs racers of their non-last-place standing, and they incredulously reply, "Are you serious???", wouldn't you like Phil to just once say, "No, you're last, get outta here"? Yeah, me too. So anyway, the real bonuses are embedded in questions 1, 2 and 9. Go for it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Hawkeye 10, TAR 5 Episode 9 Molaholic 09-01-04 1
 RE: The Hawkeye 10, TAR 5 Episode 9 ssshaw 09-01-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-04, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Hawkeye 10, TAR 5 Episode 9"
1. Nicole commented that mosques were everywhere in Dubai, "like Starbucks". Make up a name for a coffee drink that would be served at a mosque, and for bonus points, tell me what would be in it.
"The Camel Latte" Fresh camel milk.

2. Kami and Karli want to sing you a song for money! What song(s) would you pay to hear them sing? For bonus points, how much would you pay (for each song)?
The theme from The Patty Duke Show but substitute "numbskulls" for "cousins". I would gladly pay 200 Indian Rubles ... err, 500 UAE dollars ... err, what was the question?

3. Today, Chip is wearing a shirt from everyone's favorite Dallas pizza parlor, Cafe Nostra. What kind of deal did Marshall and Lance have to strike with him to get him to advertise for them? What kind of deal would they have had to strike with you? (You may make your own assumptions about how much Chip, or you, would have known about the brothers' (non-)finish at the time.)
After the race is over, Chip will help the Brothers Dough break-out with their new "Caviar-Osterich Egg Pizza Platter".

4. Chip says he strokes Colin's ego in the hope that it will make him overconfident and lead him into making a mistake. What approach would you take in order to get Colin to make that one big mistake?
Stroke one of those glass tubes that creates a static charge and zap the beegeebers outta Colinhole.

5. Okay, settle this. Calcutta: beautful, ugly, or ugly but smile and call it beautiful?
Uglyful.

6. The Yield is back!! But it still goes unused. Design a new gimmick (or rework the Yield) for TAR 6 so that teams will actually want to use it occasionally.
I CHOOSE NOT TO YIELD TO THE QUESTION.

7. Colin: "I'm packin' it!!!" What was THAT about?
Avoiding the non-PG-13 responces, I'll just go with Colin the Pack Mule (or other three-letter synonym)

8. First Linda and Karen get in trouble with a taxi driver, right after having chided Colin over HIS taxi driver problems. Then they have currency exchange issues, recalling their subterfuge involving money exchange on the Argentina ferry. What is the next piece of karmic irony in store for our Bowling Moms?
At the Calcutta airport they discover that they have Lance and Marshall's passports instead of their own. The good news, the pictures still match.

9. We all know about the Parable of the Prodigal Son from the St. Petersburg leg. If Jesus had told a parable using Brandon and Nicole's experience with the Fast Forward, what would it have been its title? For bonus points, write the parable.
"The Globe Brick and the Hair"
One day, a mud Globe Brick challenges a lock of curly blonde hair to a race around the world. The hair is very vain, but decides it's worth a shot. At the half-way point, the hair has a huge lead, but stops for a Yield sign nobody has used. (The hair mistakenly thought it was a photo-opt.) The brick passes the hair, forcing it to lose all of its curl. At the finish line, Phil The Sweater admonishes the Brick for failing to complete one of the Detours (spending 2000 Russian Rupees to buy some walnuts). The hair shows up at the finish line and is told that it has been eliminated from the race. In dispair, the hair plants itself on Colin's head, only to be beaten sensless by his folic police.

10. So apparently Calcutta has lots of people just standing around ready to push taxis around for anyone who asks. Or do they? What incentive might there have been for these people to be so helpful to our teams, many of whom didn't even help push?
It was either that, or appear on the next episode of "Wife Swap"

Bonus. When Phil informs racers of their non-last-place standing, and they incredulously reply, "Are you serious???", wouldn't you like Phil to just once say, "No, you're last, get outta here"? Yeah, me too. So anyway, the real bonuses are embedded in questions 1, 2 and 9. Go for it.
OK, fine. Don't let me be witty.

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-01-04, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Hawkeye 10, TAR 5 Episode 9"
>1. Nicole commented that mosques were
>everywhere in Dubai, "like Starbucks".
>Make up a name for
>a coffee drink that would
>be served at a mosque,
>and for bonus points, tell
>me what would be in
>it.
Presenting the BrandonNicole. It will make you think you are so good looking that you will give up a FF to retain your looks.

>2. Kami and Karli want to
>sing you a song for
>money! What song(s) would
>you pay to hear them
>sing? For bonus points,
>how much would you pay
>(for each song)?
We suck, we suck
We really, really suck
Why are we
so bad?

We suck, we suck
We really, really suck
At least we don't
Have to beg

We suck, we suck
We really, really suck
The other teams
Will be glad

That we will
Only be
Around for
One more leg.

>3. Today, Chip is wearing a
>shirt from everyone's favorite Dallas
>pizza parlor, Cafe Nostra.
>What kind of deal did
>Marshall and Lance have to
>strike with him to get
>him to advertise for them?
Marshall and Lance bowed out of the race for them.

> What kind of deal
>would they have had to
>strike with you?
They would have to promise me that they will never go on TAR again.

>4. Chip says he strokes Colin's
>ego in the hope that
>it will make him overconfident
>and lead him into making
>a mistake. What approach
>would you take in order
>to get Colin to make
>that one big mistake?
Tell him that they are in last place when they're really in first. Either that or tell him Mirna's still around.

>5. Okay, settle this. Calcutta:
>beautful, ugly, or ugly but
>smile and call it beautiful?
As ugly as Colin.

>6. The Yield is back!!
>But it still goes unused.
> Design a new gimmick
>(or rework the Yield) for
>TAR 6 so that teams
>will actually want to use
>it occasionally.
Presenting the Flo. A team that is Flo'ed will be stuck with her for that leg of the race.

>7. Colin: "I'm packin' it!!!"
>What was THAT about?
Hopefully, he's packin' his suitcase and will head back to Texas.

>8. First Linda and Karen get
>in trouble with a taxi
>driver, right after having chided
>Colin over HIS taxi driver
>problems. Then they have
>currency exchange issues, recalling their
>subterfuge involving money exchange on
>the Argentina ferry. What
>is the next piece of
>karmic irony in store for
>our Bowling Moms?
Remember in Episode 2 when they outsmarted a cow. Well, that's about to come back around.

>9. We all know about the
>Parable of the Prodigal Son
>from the St. Petersburg leg.
>If Jesus had told a
>parable using Brandon and Nicole's
>experience with the Fast Forward,
>what would it have been
>its title? For bonus
>points, write the parable.
I got nothing.

>10. So apparently Calcutta has lots
>of people just standing around
>ready to push taxis around
>for anyone who asks.
>Or do they? What
>incentive might there have been
>for these people to be
>so helpful to our teams,
>many of whom didn't even
>help push?
They figured if they pushed hard enough that the teams would end up in Pakistan.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •