The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finally! A productive episode..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

shelishapaul 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-01-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shelishapaul Click to send private message to shelishapaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finally! A productive episode..."
I know I will meet with opposition here. It seems that there is so much negativity on this board that any positive feedback is lost.

Today's show was what every show should be. The entire house was involved in the assignments and knew what page the others were on. They were supportive of each other without being b$%&es. There were a few spots that I thought the negative monster was rearing its ugly head again, but as a whole I was thoroughly impressed with today.

I am so glad that I tuned in today and didn't give up after the few weeks of bs we've been seeing in the SO house.

The previews for tomorrow looked good. Seems everyone's true feeling are going to start coming out. And Christina's bombshell... Although I think a few of us have been wondering anyway due to her shady "illness" as of late. Maybe we'll get an answer soon.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finally! A productive episode.... Bebo 12-01-05 1
   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... shelishapaul 12-01-05 4
       RE: Finally! A productive episode.... EnfanTerrible 12-01-05 6
           RE: Finally! A productive episode.... claire 12-01-05 13
               RE: Finally! A productive episode.... Dayum Yankee 12-03-05 20
                   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... blue1521 12-03-05 21
       RE: Finally! A productive episode.... Bebo 12-01-05 8
       RE: Finally! A productive episode.... Stormy Sky 12-05-05 23
 RE: Finally! A productive episode.... yogabrat 12-01-05 2
 RE: Finally! A productive episode.... sowatcher333 12-01-05 3
   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... shelishapaul 12-01-05 5
   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... sowatcher333 12-01-05 7
       RE: Finally! A productive episode.... justdoit 12-01-05 9
   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... SOwrong 12-01-05 12
 RE: Finally! A productive episode.... cindy12 12-01-05 10
 RE: Finally! A productive episode.... kal5 12-01-05 11
   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... shelishapaul 12-01-05 16
   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... SOfan0221 12-02-05 18
   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... sweetndelicate 12-06-05 24
 RE: Finally! A productive episode.... madwoman 12-01-05 14
   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... shelishapaul 12-01-05 15
       RE: Finally! A productive episode.... madwoman 12-02-05 17
 RE: Finally! A productive episode.... Milinda 12-03-05 19
   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... blue1521 12-03-05 22
   RE: Finally! A productive episode.... Omniscia 12-08-05 26
       Probably not. But... Cygnus X1 01-20-06 29
 RE: Finally! A productive episode.... teacherst 01-19-06 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-01-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
One reason there's so much negativity is because of posters who don't bother to pay attention to the guidelines. Stop criticizing the other posters on the forum and keep your posts based on the show. Leading your post off with a slam is inappropriate.

12-01-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shelishapaul Click to send private message to shelishapaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
Bebo,

I am fully aware of the guidelines. I did not criticize any poster in particular. I was referring to the general feel of this message board.

Are you saying to me that there is no overwhelming negative vibe here? Shall we count up how many positive posts there are about houseguests versus negative ones? I am quite sure you will find the negative far outweigh the positive.

I apologize my comment looked like a slam. I will be watching to make sure you are just as diligent in watching long time posters who make similar comments.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-01-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I ran afoul of the rules at first, but I am happy with it now. I heart this place! What you said:

>I am fully aware of the
>guidelines. I did not
>criticize any poster in particular.
> I was referring to
>the general feel of this
>message board.

Same difference. Now you know.

>Are you saying to me that
>there is no overwhelming negative
>vibe here?

If that's how people feel about the show right now. Finally, a board where we are allowed to say it and nobody can derail the conversation by focusing on the mood instead of what the show did to inspire it.

claire 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-01-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail claire Click to send private message to claire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
Personally I love these boards, at least so far. I like being able to to say whatever I think about the houseguests and know that I am not going to be attacked for it. Last year I was attacked left and right every time I opened my mouth. If I liked someone I was attacked by the people who hated that person, if I hated someone I was attacked by those who liked her,if I didnt like an AA houseguest I was accused of being a racist, if I liked an AA I was accused of only liking her because Im Black, even though I'm White. So far I just love this forum. It is refreshing to be able to say whatever you want about any houseguest and know that no one will be allowed to attack you. By the way, I love Jill and TJ and cant stand Christina or Lisa. WQhoooHooo! I love being able to say that!

Dayum Yankee 272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-03-05, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dayum%20Yankee Click to send private message to Dayum%20Yankee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
Hmmm I just joined this message board because I was getting so frustrated with SO this season and need to vent. I agree with you - TJ and Lisa are both great and I believe they're both learning and growing. The rest are pretty much two faced and back stabbers and so self-involved that they just don't get the process. I know TJ has some problems but hey they're real problems and serious ones that require medication and some patience which noone seems to be willing to give her. Honesty is the one thing both of them have in common and its very refreshing. Christina?? Egads I wanna slap that girl. Tries to come off so sweet and even worse innocent and yet she puts the others down constantly but if ya notice, never to their face and yet can't handle it if someone gives her some criticism. Allison? That woman is like so many women I've met since I moved South from NY. They're nice to your face but can't stand you and I have no tolerance for people that can't be real and honest - like not being able to admit possibly being an alcoholic - there's a big difference between a wino and an alcoholic?? Since when?? and Lisa is such a spoiled rotten *&%$* that I fast forward through her testimonials. Its not that she can't take care of herself or get a job or finish a task, she's lazy and doesn't want to. She needs to go like yesterday. Yeah this whole season is way too full of negativity and with the exception of TJ and Lisa they're all way too backstabbing and two-faced for my taste. They all need lessons in honesty and being a real friend and teammate. Thanks for letting me rant; I feel better now.

blue1521 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-03-05, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blue1521 Click to send private message to blue1521 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I agree that TJ is great, but I can't take Lisa, especially after she just loafed while everyone was working on the house for Habitat for Humanity. Christina is a nasty so and so. I think she's too young for these women and doesn't fit in well. I hate it when she rags on TJ.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I look forward to getting alerts from you. Seriously.

And long-time posters are definitely not immune on these forums. We have banned posters with over 10,000+ posts before.

Stormy Sky 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-05-05, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormy%20Sky Click to send private message to Stormy%20Sky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I can understand your feelings, sheli, I have the unfortunate habit of thinking more positive thoughts than most. But, everyone has their own opinion. The negative ones do seem to outnumber the positive, but it's because we "positive posters" don't seem to find a lot to write about at times!

yogabrat 37 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yogabrat Click to send private message to yogabrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
Oh good, something to look forward to! There is nothing like a common goal to pull people together and get their minds off themselves.

sowatcher333 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sowatcher333 Click to send private message to sowatcher333 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I'm glad to hear that...but hating that I'm going to have to miss it today - and I do NOT know how to work my VCR

I'm not thrilled with my own negativity in posting about the show. But I have to or I'd go nuts I'd much rather be posting enthusiastically about the lessons I'd learned or bits of information I could take away from something or cheering someone on. Unfortunately, this season has been so outrageously mishandled, I can't do that. I am glad to be able to come here and know I'm not alone in my thoughts on the things being mishandled.

I'm glad to hear things are better today!

12-01-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I'm in agreement with you, sowatcher333. I would love to be posting all positives. The show this year has been a little off kilter. Many days I have stopped watching half way through the show because it's been crazy, but I think the producers are just at a loss as to what to do with this set of women. I think they have realized too late that they put too many self-centered women into one pot and you are having clashes constantly.

The overall feel of today's show seemed like all of the back-stabbing, gossiping behind each other's backs and snippiness is going to start being revealed. Now, that could be the producers setting us up again, but I am really hoping that they pull it together and start getting some good work done.

I am trying to be real optimistic and forgiving of these women's attitudes. I am going to chalk it up to being stuck in a house with no means of escape and having to face the ugliness head on.

Let's cross our fingers...

sowatcher333 81 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sowatcher333 Click to send private message to sowatcher333 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
>I'm not thrilled with my own
>negativity in posting about the
>show. But I have
>to or I'd go nuts
> I'd much rather
>be posting enthusiastically about the
>lessons I'd learned or bits
>of information I could take
>away from something or cheering
>someone on. Unfortunately, this
>season has been so outrageously
>mishandled, I can't do that.

And I do NOT mean to imply that I want some sickening-sweet thing, sorta like with Allison and Jessica yesterday, or where they're just parroting psycho-babble around like Allison, etc. I would like to see real conflicts get resolved, real issues be conquered There should/will be a Tess or Josie or Nyanza for ratings and I can live with that, but at least show how to truly deal with those types

Okay. Enough of answering my own posts

justdoit 16 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justdoit Click to send private message to justdoit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
Let's focus on "finally".....This is how many people heal, working\helping someone else to improve, doing something good for others. I'm glad the SO group finally got a chance to give back. Having to work as a team has to be good for them.

I found it interesting how the SO group was set up like "The Apprentice". They did quite well, overall.

SOwrong 34 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOwrong Click to send private message to SOwrong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
>>I'm not thrilled with my own
>negativity in posting about the
>show. But I have
>to or I'd go nuts
> I'd much rather
>be posting enthusiastically about the
>lessons I'd learned or bits
>of information I could take
>away from something or cheering
>someone on. Unfortunately, this
>season has been so outrageously
>mishandled, I can't do that.
> I am glad to
>be able to come here
>and know I'm not alone
>in my thoughts on the
>things being mishandled.

Yeah, what you said!

cindy12 12 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cindy12 Click to send private message to cindy12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
Yes, I thought the house had guidlines, like honesty, and working together, I thought they were all there to change their negative destructive behavior and do better.
All the negativity seems to come from the lack of dirction from the life coaches. They seem to be just giving out individual assignments, and when it comes to the whole house working together it's lost idea. All they do together is gossip and act like childish judgemental people insteed of people to get better and learning things, like how to be social and honest to someones face, etc.

kal5 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kal5 Click to send private message to kal5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I did not see anything positive today. I don't think they worked together. Some of them are so busy back stabbing that they will never get it.

12-01-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
Hey kal5,

I may have spoken too soon. From the looks of things, my area plays a show a day ahead of everyone else. In my area the hfh house was finished yesterday.

I won't go into details further because we aren't in the spoiler section. You should be seeing the episode I'm talking about tomorrow.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-02-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I agree Kal5, they may have gotten the task done but I saw nothing positive in it.

Christina bitc#ing about TJ and making her little 'I didn't learn how to do this in stripper 101' remark.
Lisa and her flirting which was sickening.
TJ trying to get things done.
Jessica and Allison taking off for the shopping leaving the rest to do the work.
And Jessica as the crew cheif, sorry she hasn't a clue how to lead a group to people to a common goal.

They got their portion of the H4H done, but it was the most dysfunctional, disjointed mess I have witnessed.

sweetndelicate 19 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetndelicate Click to send private message to sweetndelicate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I post negative and positive on here but let's not forget that what we see is edited to make it look bad who knows what ended up on the cutting room floor. Remember this is drama tv so they make it drama I would love to be a fly in the house 24/7 to see what really goes on and what the real story is with out cutting and editing. Remember Bethany from last yr..even she says that the editing portrayed her so different then what really went on. JMO NO bashing here

madwoman 39 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail madwoman Click to send private message to madwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I missed the show... What happened? Would you believe it? I actually had to work again.... AGH.... I wish I had a Lisa life.

12-01-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
Hi madwoman,

If you go to http://startingover.betaparticle.com you will see a write up of today's show. The woman on that site summarizes it better than I ever could for you.

madwoman 39 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madwoman Click to send private message to madwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
Hey, Thanks... I'm on it right now.

Milinda 13 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Milinda Click to send private message to Milinda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I think that Christina's bombshell is that she did drugs to medicate herself through the world of "escorting", and stripping.

blue1521 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blue1521 Click to send private message to blue1521 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I think Chrisitna's bombshell is she's pregnant.

Omniscia 58 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-05, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Omniscia Click to send private message to Omniscia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
I definitely agree with you-- it would make sense that Christina wanted to keep her drug use a secret from the show, as it might be evidence to pull her son away from her.

And question for Bebo-- would "Starting Over" benefit from have two message boards-- one for fans/supporters, one for bashers? Like "Survivor" has both? Just wondering...

Thanks!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Probably not. But..."
feel free to drop an e-mail to SurvivorBlows and ask him. Click on his name where he's listed as a forum moderator.

He has said the forum was split into General Discussion and Individual HG to help with misposting, but that hasn't happened. I think a split into Fanatics and Bashers would likely not solve the problems.

It's important to remember that supporters of the HGs and LCs are allowed a voice on here, as long as they don't bash any posters, individually OR collectively. Same goes for bashers; those on TV are fair game, but those on these keyboards are not.

Talk, talk, it's only talk . . .

teacherst 54 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teacherst Click to send private message to teacherst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Finally! A productive episode..."
i THOUGHT TODAY WAS VERY PRODUCTIVE PUTTING lISA IN Jail like that! GOOOOOOO RHONDA its about time. Wooooooooooo

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •