The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-30-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
According to TitanTV.com, "Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers," will air 10/13/2005.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Bebo 09-30-05 1
   RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Estee 09-30-05 2
   RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Brownroach 09-30-05 3
       RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Bebo 09-30-05 4
           RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Brownroach 09-30-05 5
               RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Flowerpower 09-30-05 6
                   RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Outfrontgirl 10-01-05 7
                       RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... body 10-02-05 8
                       RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Brownroach 10-03-05 9
 RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Scarlett O Hara 10-05-05 10
   RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Brownroach 10-05-05 11
   RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... LibraRising 10-07-05 13
 RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... MargoChanning 10-07-05 12
   RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Brownroach 10-07-05 14
       RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Scarlett O Hara 10-11-05 15
           RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... dabo 10-11-05 16
           RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... Brownroach 10-11-05 17
               RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and ... dabo 10-11-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-30-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
Cowboys = Gary

So, is this the episode where he's done in?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
Or cowboy=Brandon. Looks like he gets through Episode #4 intact.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
City slicker could refer to Ivy League Brian. A Gary/Brian showdown?

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-05 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

A Gary/Brian showdown wouldn't surprise me. These two are being set up for an alpha male showdown by the editing.

Gary claims he isn't trying to be the leader, but he's portrayed as the central point for alliance discussions. Meanwhile, Brian sees himself in a puppetmaster role and successfully saved his ally Lydia twice in a row. Like Hunter and Rob for Maraamu, these two could be prime for picking off the other one.

Depending on how big of a switch there is in the next episode, Gary could lose some of his alliance mates, which would make him vulnerable. We've been shown a Nakum tribe that doesn't like for someone older to be telling them what to do, so they'd be receptive for throwing over Gary, especially since they wouldn't trust him about he lied about not being a Cowboy.

Edited since the CBS preview for the week confirms a switch.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

09-30-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
If Gary, Brian, and Danni all wind up on the same tribe there should be major fireworks.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-05 AT 06:32 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-30-05 AT 01:45 PM (EST)

Yes, this to me sounds like a quote from Danni...she's the one that knew Gary was a quarterback for the Dallas COWBOYS, and the city slickers to me screams, Judd, the NYC doorman. So perhaps Danni, Gary, and Judd all end up on the same team and perhaps they have an encounter with a croc or two??? Well, they all probably have some kind of encounter! Maybe the two challenge each other somehow....as they were previously challenged in the tug of war IC???

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-05, 06:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
My thought on City Slicker was same as FlowerPower's -- Judd. He's the guy from NYC who's never been camping.

For an Ivy League ref, they could have used something more about intellectuals, brains, college boys, even Ivy League. Judd is the guy who epitomizes a dweller out of his element. This could be another literal title about a close encounter with a croc. (Which happen to be alligators but the editors want to call them crocs because it sounds better, more evocative of Crocodile Dundee?)

"Cowboys and City Slickers" reminds me of the Billy Crystal movie. Maybe there is a plot line about Brandon (tough it up) and Judd. (Even though Brandon is a farmer, he could talk the part). Hey, maybe Judd adopts a little croc and takes it home with him to NYC? Awww.

These episode titles seem to refer to stuff said in the show, so if the Cowboys come up due to Gary, the conversation about his past has to get more explicit than it's been too date. So far, I wouldn't know he played for the Cowboys if it weren't in his bio. But maybe it will come up in camp due to information Danni has put out there.

I wouldn't take it to the bank from the title alone that Brian and Gary tussle in this one, although that certainly might happen. I would expect the title to involve Judd and either Brandon or Gary.

body 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-02-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail body Click to send private message to body Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
ep 5 title i think has to do with one of the newly swapped tribes. crocs of course stepenie lol , cowboys gary , city slickers is judd and danni. beacuse they allign to make a strong 4 person alliance.hence the betrayal as judd will betray his past nakum tribe mate who he didnt like blake . just thinking lol

10-03-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-05 AT 12:31 PM (EST)

I could see Judd as the city slicker, and maybe Brandon as the cowboy.

The title is suggestive of an uneventful episode, actually, so there may not be any confrontations or other intrigue involved.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
Just wanted to add that Blake is from Texas and could also be referred to as a "Cowboy." Brandon, on the other hand, is a farmer, not a cowboy.

10-05-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
But on the other other hand, Brandon is the one who's wearing a cowboy hat.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-07-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
Oh, the farmer and the cowman should be friends...

A Nutzy/IceCat masterpiece.

MargoChanning 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-07-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MargoChanning Click to send private message to MargoChanning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
This seems like something that is said - someone maybe referring to their own tribe in a confessional and pointing out that they're surrounded by "crocs, cowboys and city slickers". If that's the case, then I don't see it referring to Gary, but more to Blake and Brandon. Not sure who the city slicker on that new tribe would be - maybe Danni.

Then again, if it's not a quote, I think it totally points to Gary, especially since he's on the same tribe with Danni now. She mentioned college football, but didn't mention the Dallas Cowboys - maybe giving him enough rope to hang himself? Letting him deny college ball, deny being in the NFL - then telling everyone that he was the QB for the Dallas Cowboys . . . that would certainly get BJ, Blake and Brandon's attention.

Margo Channing

10-07-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
I think Flowerpower has it correct that Judd is the city slicker, who is regaling everyone with his stories about holding doors open for Donald Trump and hailing cabs for Paris Hilton ad nauseam.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-05 AT 11:42 AM (EST)

For what it's worth, who would say this? My guess would be Amy. So therefore, I am thinking this statement is coming from Amy, at the Yaxha camp. She tells us in her confessional ...

'I'm surrounded by Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers'

We have already seen the Crocs at the Yaxha camp ... and ...

Who are the Cowboys? Gary, Blake, Brandon & BJ
Who are the City Slickers? Danni and Brian

... and then there is Amy. Perhaps she is feeling left out and "vulnerable." Could she be on the hot plate this week? Is this pointing toward a Yaxha Tribal Council?

Scarlett

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
I was thinking the same thing.

10-11-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
I don't think this title is a quote. At least not in its entirety. Someone might get referred to as a cowboy, someone else as a city slicker. The title strikes me as a list of three things that will come up during the episode.

Also, responding to my own post above, there's been speculation in other threads that the "glamorous life" contestant could be Danni, and I'm starting to lean that way.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep 5 Title: Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers"
This season the title-quotes seem to be unrelated to the boots, it doesn't seem to really matter who says what or why or about whom. Like Scarlet, I'm leaning towards Amy having said it; unlike Scarlet, that gives me pause about an Amy boot. But it may be another Brandonism.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •