The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Morgan's Survivor Live transcript"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Morgan's Survivor Live transcript"
From Fever. Sorry it wasn't up in time for the SOTS.

More good stuff here. Elaboration on some of the stuff from the other interviews, with some new clues thrown in. Guest appearance by Andrew Savage!

---------------------------------------------------

JM = Jenna Morasca DR = Dalton Ross MM = Morgan McDevitt

Segment 1

DR: Morgan, welcome. We all saw the episode last night and the question on everyone's mind is, what's up with the sawing the woman in half trick because I don't really know how that works. We're you ever sawed in half?

MM: I was never sawed in half.

DR: Let's get into the show. You were blindsided, Morgan!

MM: Blindsided. Devastated, oh. It was bad. You could see my face, my heart went right into my stomach. It was horrible.

JM: Yeah cause you said at tribal council, "I don't really want to see anybody go home tonight."

MM: I was the one to say, "we're so honest and that's why our tribe is so unified." Little did I know.

JM: They started the show with, "we love each other". I thought, wait til they go to tribal council."

DR: What were you told and by whom?

MM: I was told by the majority of the tribe that the vote was between Brianna and Lydia. I didn't even know that I was being considered for the vote. Turns out it was a last minute thing. Kind of a desperate act to save Lydia. And Lydia is great, I didn't want to have to vote for her. And she was a workhorse, I won't deny her of that. But I don't know if I was the smartest of votes.

JM: The big discussion was that Lydia works hard in camp, not so good at challenges. Morgan doesn't work so hard in camp but is good at challenges.

DR: Is Lydia bad at challenges because that hasn't shown through?

JM: She sucked on the hike.

MM: The reason there was a red flag up on Lydia is because she told us, "I'm going to need hip replacements soon." And she asked to be sit out of any running challenges, which is just not realistic in this game.

JM: Well she was bad, too, on the hike. She was lagging.

MM: She was lagging on the hike but so was Amy.

JM: I'd take the person who is better on the challenges than the person who works harder in camp.

DR: If it's about the challenges, what is Rafe still doing on that team?

MM: I loved Rafe, I did.

JM: He's very loveable but very clumsy.

MM: The thing about Rafe and his...we all just enjoyed Rafe so much that we just wrote that off as maybe a bad performance.

JM: To me he seems like Rob Cesternino. Not so good at Survivor challenges but good at the Survivor game, fun to have around camp.

MM: The challenge that followed that was the tug of war where it was just sheer body mass. It didn't matter how well I was doing in challenges up to that point. There was no way that 102 pounds can go up against 200 plus.

JM: You did the hike just fine and the other with the boat you won.

MM: The guys were never even considered to be voted off because it was so physical that we needed muscle mass.

JM: Pretty soon they're gonna get one of those puzzle challenges and be sorry.

MM: Or one of those balancing flexible challenges.

JM: Because you were whipping through the balance part of the rope thing.

DR: I think they were giving you your props for the challenges, Morgan. But what they were saying is that she's not pulling it around camp. Is that valid?

MM: I don't think it is valid. I mean, I'm a dancer. And I've been the bad roommate before and I was very paranoid and very self-conscious going in but there is only so much that you can do around camp. There is only so much fire wood that you can gather and so many pots that can be filled up with water before every single one is full. We all sat around alot. There's just not a lot to do. In comparison to Lydia I might have looked lazy, does that mean I was lazy? No, not all.

DR: Miss Morasca here was not the hardest working member of her tribe.

JM: I admit it.

MM: Brianna and Jamie were both sick and didn't contribute much at camp. Gary was the source of the opinion that I didn't work hard. Gary had a chip on his shoulder and seemed to be against me. Brian agreed with Gary because he was a solid supporter of Lydia.

DR: Gary was never known for his quick decisions as a quarterback.

Caller: I'm wondering why Rafe wasn't called out for taking so long in the water during the reward challenge.

MM: It was 3 days between the challenges and I think it just slipped to the back of people's minds. Everyone thought that we needed all the men because the challenges are so physical and the men are stronger. The mud challenge was horrible. The harness was restrictive and made my legs numb. It was hot and the mud radiated. Jamie was sick but we only had two big guys, so we used Jamie twice.

Jenna: Rafe lost the challenge.

MM: Rafe is smart and has physical strength but he would be good at puzzle challenges, too.

DR: Rafe wanted to eat ants.

MM: We weren't desperate for food, we had 6 bags of corn. Some got tired of the corn but we cooked it different ways for variety. I didn't eat the ants or grasshoppers.

Caller: During the reward challenge when Danni blew Gary's cover, did anyone hear it or believe it?

Morgan: I believed him when he denied it and I didn't want to cause a separation that would make our tribe weak.

JM: Gary looks like a quarterback and he should have picked a better alias, less close to his real name.

DR: If Danni can get Gary out of the other tribe, it helps her own tribe.

MM: I think that if he's lying about who he really is, then what else is he lying about? It's a mark against his character. Gary said he did missionary work, and was religious.

JM: He's a religious liar.

Segment 2:

DR: Morgan, so I'm checking out the CBS Insider clips online and you were very upset because you got knocked out. I saw you on "The Day After" and you said you were better but you still seemed blown away by it. Have you recovered from this yet? Because you said "I'm not going to recover from this til I have a chance to talk to everybody."

MM: The day after, there were no answers for me. I still didn't know what had happened. As far as I was concerned they had been plotting my demise the whole time. I had no idea it was it was a last minute decision. I had made alliances and I was like, what happened to those. I was really taken aback by that. Yeah, I'm a lot better now that I can see it and get some answers.

JM: You said you made alliances...Jim said there weren't any... usually the first person voted off says there aren't alliances because they really don't know...

MM: Our tribe wasn't like that.

JM: Are there people that are like split off at this point?

MM: The funny thing about our tribe is that we made this huge alliance on the hike. Gary approached Stephenie, Stephenie approached Amy...actually Amy approached Gary, Gary approached Stephenie, Stephenie approached myself and Brianna and Rafe got involved. And then there was Lydia, Brian and Jamie. So right away on the first day there's this huge 6 person alliance. So it's basically ok, these people we want to go to the merge. I would have been the swing vote if I had went to the merge. I think that's why Brianna's name never even got brought up. I think her name did get brought up but Gary immediately said "no, I'm not considering her." But the alliances went out the window once we started doing challenges because we thought we needed the males.

JM: Such crap.

MM: Yeah.

JM: It's not always about how big you are or how strong you are. Sometimes the strongest men are the goofiest at challenges and just can't get their stuff together.

DR: Okay let's talk about...we all love to know the reaction of you guys when you saw Stephenie and Bobby Jon come out.

JM: You seemed pretty excited.

MM: I was just thrilled to be there. For the first time I was like, I'm in an ancient Mayan ruin.

DR: First time out of the country?

MM: Yeah first time and I'm the baby of the group, I'm the youngest one and so thrilled to be a part of Survivor. They could have brought anybody down and I would have been like "okayyyy, yes!"

DR: Did it cross your mind, "my chance of winning just went from 1 in 16 to 1 in 18?

MM: I knew it was coming, I had a feeling it was coming. Because there were 16 and I felt like there would be 2 more, I just didn't know who. I had watched Palau and Stephenie is one of my favorites and it's like she's a real person. I had watched her on TV and now she's standing right beside me and she's part of my tribe. I was kind of star struck obviously.

JM: So was your whole tribe happy to have her, other than Jamie?

MM: Jamie, I never, he never said that to me.

JM: I don't think he's going to say that to anyone except the camera.

MM: He never voiced his dismay of Stephenie to me. I had a bad feeling about Stephenie and Gary right away. Something told me...

JM: I have a bad feeling about him, too, he's sneaky.

MM: I had a weird feeling in my stomach about them and I didn't say anything because you don't want to be the only one. If everyone is all about Stephenie you don't want to be the only one to say "well I think this is a bad idea."

DR: We saw a discussion about getting rid of Stephenie.

JM: Is she paranoid or what? She was like "what, what what."

DR: She's been on this carousel before.

JM: That's why you should want her out.

DR: Not right now, she's too strong.

MM: Rafe and I had discussed using her for what she was worth til we got to a certain point and then we would need to get rid of her but like I said the challenges are just so incredibly physical and she was great at challenges.

JM: Sometimes when you look back, the weakest tribes win, like in Thailand. I don't know if one person who is strong is going to make or break you. Sometimes we see these really weak teams kicking butt.

MM: I think Yaxha is weaker than Nakum. If you look at their people...and we won the first immunity challenge.

DR: You can't take a chance after Palau and how brutal this one started off.

Caller: How was your energy level during those challenges? I know you had corn but how were you holding up?

MM: During the challenges I was doing really, really well. I actually amazed myself physically. That's what I was worried about. I knew that I was painstakingly perceptive and I knew that I could play this mental game but I was worried about myself physically. I had tried to gain weight before I went on the show and I just couldn't. I don't work out a ton and I thought it would be a problem but it was the complete opposite. I did great physically but didn't do so well in the mind games.

DR: I feel like we didn't get to see a lot of you.

MM: I was disappointed that there were just clips of me sitting down. I actually was the only person who knew how to use flint and help build the fire.

DR: Rafe the wilderness guy, did he need help making fire?

MM: He was a wilderness guy but he didn't know how to use flint.

DR: I just can't stop with Rafe this week.

MM: Give him a break. Rafe I love you!
<clip of reward challenge>

Morgan: Oh, Rafe.

DR: I've never laughed harder.

JM: He lost his shoe.

DR: Is he drunk, he looks like he's drunk. When he gets up the ladder he does one of those...one step forward, 10 to the side moves. He looks like he's just wasted.

JM: I think he's got a lot of heart.

MM: I think that this was just not his day. He's good physically.

JM: I hope not because we don't want to see his bad day.

DR: What he needs to get better is ants. Ok so you obviously were close to Rafe. You've been getting his back here, talking.

DR: Why isn't he getting your back, giving you a tip-off?

MM: I don't know. I wish that he would've. He was upset at tribal council, you saw. I think that he wanted to keep the tribe unified. I think that he was really ambitious and hoping for the best and that the tribe would stay unified.

DR: It's about not setting yourself apart. If other people say, "we're voting for Morgan", he doesn't want to be the only one.

MM: Yeah because then that puts him in a position to be voted out.

DR: Brian did that and now his ally is still in the game.

JM: Let's hope that Rafe does a couple more challenges because that seems like fun.

MM: He'll redeem himself.

Caller: <Morgan's Aunt Diane and Uncle Mike> Do you think that with the 11 mile hike that it set you back physically especially since you didn't have food.

MM: No, I actually did so well on the hike, that kind of put me in a position...that kind of made me safe for awhile. I don't think it had anything to do with the challenges. If I had messed up in the challenges there wouldn't have been a decision to make, it would have been me right away.

Caller: I just wanted to know, who do you think some of the threats are on the other team?

DR: I think Margaret is playing a great game.

MM: I think the women in general. The Nakum women are a
force to be reckoned with at this point.

DR: We can't tell what the hell is going on with Blake. One minute he's lying down and can't breath the next minute he's sprinting on a challenge.

MM: We were really confused. Blake was always a gentleman to us. When we would lose, he would always...we when we came to their camp on the 11 mile hike he introduced himself. He was very courteous.

DR: I heard that Bobby Jon was confused and went to tribal council anyway. Could you hear him yelling in that tug of war, his manimal scream?

MM: NO, it's the eyes that are scary. I was yelling too, we were all yelling.

DR: Was he slapping himself?

JM: He punched himself last week.

DR: But I think you are right, they seem to have, physically, the stronger tribe.

MM: They do. Their boys are huge. Bobby Jon is huge, Judd is huge.

JM: Judd was obviously the stand out performance player last night.

MM: Judd said that he was going to be the hero and he was.

Caller: Hi, my question is about Gary. It wasn't discussed in the tribe or before tribal council about him lying to everybody. Was that even an issue?

DR: I don't think that you guys were convinced that he was lying.

MM: Yeah, we didn't know. As far as we were concerned he was this very religious man and he was Gary Hawkins and I didn't recognize him so I knew that we wasn't a famous football player. But we had a very young tribe and I don't think that it was in our time. And I was in kindergarten. It was very random, it was out of nowhere. Why does a football player...landscaper...sometimes I think it's silly especially if you're risking getting caught in a lie. Then you're really in trouble.

JM: I'd be afraid of getting so far and then getting caught.

MM: Or accidentally slipping.

JM: If he's there for 20 something days he's going to slip.

MM: I think so, too.

JM: And "Gary Hawkins" is the worst alias.

Caller: Last week when Morgan's tribe won immunity it looked like someone was taunting the other tribe...

JM: Rafe. It was Rafe.

Caller: ...and then it seemed to stop almost drastically. I was wondering if she knows why it stopped.

MM: Who was taunting who?

JM: When you guys won immunity it looked like Rafe was saying "in your face".

MM: I don't know. I would have to speculate. It doesn't sound like Rafe would do something like that. That sounds like something Brian would do. So I don't know.

Segment 3:

DR: Let's do our open letter where every week the person voted off gets to vent to the person or cause or event that lead to their departure. Morgan, it seemed like what was most responsible for your departure was Brian.

MM: Brian, first of all we need to know if you were the person taunting the other tribe because that was rude. I also would like to ask you if you think that I am lazy or if you were just trying to save Lydia. Either way, you're a big jerk.

DR: Every week we're going to have a mystery caller, former Survivor calling in. Let's see who it is this week. Is our mystery caller on the line?

Caller: <male voice> Yes I am.

DR: Morgan, any idea who we are talking to here?

MM: I have no idea.

DR: Mystery caller, reveal yourself.

Caller: Andrew Savage.

DR: Andrew Savage from the Pearl Islands, thank you for joining us, how's it going? Tell us what you think of Guatemala so far.

AS: Outstanding, love it. Absolutely love it. Think there's a lot of drama. Cool setting. The first two episodes were over the top.

DR: Any competitors that you're liking or disliking so far?

AS: It's really early in the game but I'm intrigued by Hogeboom. I think he may have made a terrible tactical error right in the beginning by not coming clean. I can't wait to see how that plays out. And the whole dehydration thing and Bobby Jon and Blake. I'm fascinated to see if they recover to full health and are able to go the distance.

DR: You bring up Hogeboom. Would you have come clean? It's really a tough call.

AS: Here's what I would have done. I think that Gary may have had a misperception of the game. The game is about truth, having certain skills and strength and aligning with those people that will get you further in the game. It's less about the money. I would have went to the tribe and went "you know what, I'm Gary Hogeboom. I was in the NFL for 11 seasons, had a blast but back then I didn't make a lot of money. I got a bunch of kids and I'm in real estate now and here's how much money I made back then."

MM: I agree, that's exactly what I thought.

JM: Ethan said last night that he should have at least told a couple of people so that when everybody finds out, he has at least a couple that he told from the very beginning so that not everyone can turn on him.

MM: The challenges are so grueling and to have someone that is
a professional athlete, I don't think that can hurt you.

DR: Andrew we talked about you last season when Stephenie was here. We were talking about instances of good people getting on bad tribes, when bad things happen to good people. We brought your name up. Do you still think about that? If you had just been placed on that tribe with Rupert.

AS: To be honest, I do still think about it. It's a testament to the game. I love the game, I think it's the greatest game in the world. Those that have played the game, Jenna and Morgan, it's something that you take with you for the rest of your life. And you relive it occasionally, not everyday. I love the Morgans I really do, we're still very tight. Would I have rather been on Drake? I don't know. The Morgans took away a true legitimate friendship. I don't know if the Drakes have that. There was a lot of backstabbing. The Morgans had one of the longest losing streaks in the history of Survivor but we turned it around and because of that we established some lifelong friendships.

DR: You didn't come away with the money but you came off on that show very well. And you came out of it unscathed.

AS: It was the toughest thing I've ever done.

DR: What do you think of the decision to bring 2 former Survivors back and how much would you have wanted to be one of those two?

AS: Great twist, I loved it, absolutely loved it. It injects an element into the game that I think is fascinating on many different levels. I would have given my left arm and maybe my left leg too to be one of the two.

JM: Savage, what are you doing now?

AS: We moved, my wife and two daughters, to Pasadena, LA county, just over a year ago and I'm an attorney with Yahoo.

DR: So you keep in touch with the members of Morgan?

AS: Yeah we call ourselves the Morgan 5. It's Ti and D, OT and RyanO and myself.

DR: Do you want to pick a winner, Andrew?

AS: I think it's Margaret. I love Margaret because she brings serious value to the tribe because everything is so demanding in Guatemala. Plus, she seems to have solid athletic skills and a lot of diplomacy. I think she's well positioned to go far in the game.

DR: Andrew, thanks for calling in.

AS: Thanks for inviting me.

<clip of Brian questioning Gary about being a former NFL quarterback>

JM: He's the worse liar.

DR: Apparently he's not the worst liar because it seemed to work.

MM: I think we were just really, really stupid.

DR: I think he's convinced the tribe and he's safe for awhile.

JM: I think Danni was smart to put that out there.

Caller: Do you think Stephenie deserved to come back and do you think that she is back to win this time? Her attitude is just different.

DR: I think she was in to win last time.

MM: She doesn't have any say. She doesn't have any power. It's what everybody else says.

Caller: Looking back, how would you have prepared differently?

MM: I was working out twice and day and eating like everything I could. I ate ice cream every single day. Steak and eggs. I just could not put on the weight. I did well physically. And the lazy thing, I have been the bad roommate before and I was very self-conscious. But I found myself just walking around camp thinking I should do something when there was nothing to be done. So I have no regrets.

-------------------------------------------------

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Morgan's Survivor Live transcri... Flowerpower 09-29-05 1
 RE: Morgan's Survivor Live transcri... Corvis 09-29-05 2
   RE: Morgan's Survivor Live transcri... Brownroach 09-29-05 3
 RE: Morgan's Survivor Live transcri... MDSkinner 09-29-05 4
   RE: Morgan's Survivor Live transcri... Flowerpower 09-29-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Morgan's Survivor Live transcript"
Very enlightening indeed, BR, and thanks for posting it here. I had read about half of this and this is where I got the point that they had never considered the guys for their boot....as I think they may indeed feel that way again if they lose this week. This does imply a closer bond between Brianna and Gary though, Morgan suggests Brianna's name was mentioned and Gary said that he wouldn't even consider her.....I wonder about this though, is this just Morgan's take on it? Afterall, she was a target and never saw that. How much did Morgan really know about who was really considered as a boot choice?

Then this mentions Stephenie's position in the tribe a la Morgan. No power.....hmmmmm. Steph definately needs to form some allies over there, which I think she has with Gary. Pretty good assessment from Morgan concerning the Nakum tribe though.

Also enjoyed Andrew's assessment...

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-29-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Morgan's Survivor Live transcript"
"I think Yaxha is weaker than Nakum."

I think this could be the giveaway statement of the season. She wouldn't have said that if Nakum didn't win most of the ICs. I think we're going to see a lot of Yaxha pre-jury boots coming up.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Morgan's Survivor Live transcript"
I'm not sure. There, she's sort of agreeing with Jenna saying that sometimes the weaker tribe kicks butt. "Yeah, I think Yaxha is weaker than Nakum...but we did win the first IC."

Nevertheless, she does seem to feel that both the men and the women on Nakum were powerhouses.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-29-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Morgan's Survivor Live transcript"
I could be way off base here, but she seems pretty close to Rafe (granted DM seemed to bring him up a bunch, but she does not hesitate to talk nicely of him).

My thought is that this would likely mean that he makes it to loser lodge prior to Merge. Perhaps they vacation together or something. I speculate this only because they seemed reasonably close in camp, but as far as she knew he betrayed her like everyone else. If he did not have time before the merge (meaning he would not spend much time with her) then it would seem unlikely to me that she would have his back like this. Thoughts?

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Morgan's Survivor Live transcript"
If it was not for the spoiler that's circulating that Rafe does very well and goes far into the game I would most certainly agree with you. So far, he's shown me nothing! In fact he looks to be the biggest liability in the challenges for Yaxha....he better prove his worth quickly or I'm putting him into my pre-merge boot catagory, spoiler or no!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •