The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Promise to protect?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-06-01, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Promise to protect?"
Something bothered me on the CBS website and I finally put my finger on it. It says who does Elizabeth PROMISE to protect. Not who does she protect, but who does she PROMISE to protect.

Why bring that up at all?

There was a post that Elisabeth asked her friends not to watch the show as well.

Going out on a limb here, but could it be that Elisabeth promises to protect a member of her tribe, betrays them and is the deciding vote for that person getting booted, a potential embarrassment to have your friends not watch the show....

Also, last season, there were patterns that formed in the Glossary of the website and the order that the Survivors were shown in the beginning of the show.

In the glossary, the bootees kicked off were in a different pattern depending on the tribe. This year, Ogakor is listed Jerri, Colby, Tina, Amber, Keith, Maralyn, Mitchell and Kel. Kel is gone. Only pattern I could see that wouldn't be a deadgiveaway starting with Kel would be to jump to Jerri, based on how the patterns went last season. For Kucha, it goes Elisabeth, Michael, Alicia, Kimmi, Rodger, Jeff, Debb and Nick. To match last season's pattern, Nick would be next; also going in line with The First Four Theory. However, it would be hard to get Kimmi in pattern after Debb and Nick...SO could it possibly be the big surprise that MB gave us 3, not two, and the much obvious Kimmi surprise in Ep. 4 is the big shocker? If the pattern went that way, Rodger would be next, which would make more sense....

Also, with the opening sequence, the bootees formed the same pattern in the first Survivor if you lined them up in order. Can't remember what that theory was called, but worked til the Final 4. So if you lined them up this year, and that theory were valid pairing Debb and Kel..this is how they'd line up:

Amber, Jeff
Tina, Michael
Colby, Alicia
Maralyn, Rodger
Keith, Elisabeth
Mitchell, Kimmi
Jerri, Nick

Comparing all this data, I'm going to guess that Nick goes next, then Rodger, then Jerri...This would leave Maralyn and Jeff as the next victims depending on what tribe wins, all of which are likely scenarios....

I know this is off the wall, but in my eyes, it can all fit...

Thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Promise to protect? Survivorerist 02-07-01 1
   RE: Promise to protect? cowboyroo 02-07-01 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-07-01, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Promise to protect?"
>In the glossary, the bootees kicked
>off were in a different
>pattern depending on the tribe.
>This year, Ogakor is listed
>Jerri, Colby, Tina, Amber, Keith,
>Maralyn, Mitchell and Kel. Kel
>is gone. Only pattern I
>could see that wouldn't be
>a deadgiveaway starting with Kel
>would be to jump to
>Jerri, based on how the
>patterns went last season. For
>Kucha, it goes Elisabeth, Michael,
>Alicia, Kimmi, Rodger, Jeff, Debb
>and Nick.

>Also, with the opening sequence, the
>bootees formed the same pattern
>in the first Survivor if
>you lined them up in
>order. So
>if you lined them up
>this year, and that theory
>were valid pairing Debb and
>Kel..this is how they'd line
>up:
>
>Amber, Jeff
>Tina, Michael
>Colby, Alicia
>Maralyn, Rodger
>Keith, Elisabeth
>Mitchell, Kimmi
>Jerri, Nick

I'm sorry, could you explain this in greater detail? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-07-01, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Promise to protect?"
Last season, there were definitely patterns to both the order that the Survivors appeared in the opening credits of the show and also the way they were listed in the glossary under their tribe name on the official website....

On the CBS webpage,(I may get this wrong, but the concept is right), it was something like:

Pagong: Tribe whose members are Ramona, BB, Gretchen, Joel, Jenna, Greg, Colleen and Gervace.

If you numbered the order they were booted, you'd get: 2,1,4,3,6,5,8,7 a very distinctive pattern that seems to not be a coincidence.

And on the opening credits, the order that the Survivors were voted off created the same pattern if you lined them up together until you got to the Final 4.

For example, Sonja and BB were the first two booted from each tribe. Once again, I don't remember exactly how it went, but Ramona and Stacey lined up exactly, as did Joel and Dirk...there were posts about this by someone else last season...should still be able to find....

I can't take credit for discovering this, just remembered it...

Therefore if the glossary formed such a pattern again, we can narrow down who is the next to get booted...Hope this makes sense...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •