The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who gets booted third?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-26-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who gets booted third?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-05 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

We have had 10 previous versions of survivor and I think we can probably look to see if there are any patterns on the type of person who gets booted out in different spots. There has been discussion about what type of person gets booted first (bossy or very weak), but what about who gets booted third.

The following people have been booted third (in order from the first show to the most recent version).

Stacy
Marilyn
Carl
Hunter
Jed
David
Lil
Jenna M
John
Jeff

I am surprised to see how often guys are being booted third. If you exclude Jenna who didn't get voted out, but quit because of a sick mother, a guy got voted out in 6 of the last 7 versions of the show. And usually the guy that got booted was young and strong. There are no BB's or Rudy in this group. They are basicly young studs.

This does not bode well for Gary or Jamie or Bobby John.

Does anyone else see any other similarity between thse 10 previous players?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who gets booted third? Brownroach 09-26-05 1
   RE: Who gets booted third? esquire 09-26-05 2
       RE: Who gets booted third? Brownroach 09-26-05 3
           RE: Who gets booted third? Round Robin 09-26-05 4
           RE: Who gets booted third? esquire 09-26-05 5
 RE: Who gets booted third? Scarlett O Hara 09-27-05 6
   RE: Who gets booted third? dabo 09-27-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-05, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who gets booted third?"
I'd also take into consideration that Jeff Wilson asked his tribe to vote him out.

Another thing to note is that they weren't all co-ed TCs. In Amazon and Vanuatu, the tribes were segregated by gender (btw, it was Daniel, not David, who was voted out third in Amazon) and the male tribe lost the first and the third IC in both.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

09-26-05, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who gets booted third?"
You are right about the all male tribes. However, my point is that the all male tribes voted out the young and strong, not the older and weaker players.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who gets booted third?"
Yes, I realize that too.

In Vanuatu, it was because of how the alliances formed. The five older guys against the four younger guys. It was all in the numbers, period.

In Amazon, the lines weren't as clear-cut. Daniel was strong but he wasn't that great in the challenges. He got voted out because he was targeted by Roger and everyone else went along with it.

Jed got voted out for being anti-social; the other three males on the tribe were just as strong as he was (Jake, Ken, Robbbb).

Carl I believe was targeted out of envy ("he doesn't need the money)"? And didn't he lose in a tiebreaker?

Hunter was the only one I would say was targeted for being strong and being a "leader"-type personality.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-26-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who gets booted third?"
I think with this Survivor being as tough as it is, we won't see the early boots of strong players as threats. We'll see all the other usual reasos for booting people, but I really doubt you'll see somebody bing a competitive threat being the primary driver behind any boots till we get close to the merge. Not to mention the fact that SeeBS has told us there would be two big twists this season, and at this point only one of them appears to have shown up. I think they'll keep most of their strong players in order to cover their butts and get the work done until the game gets a little older.

09-26-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Who gets booted third?"
Most of what you say is true (I would disagree with you on whether Jed was stronger than Jake and Robb), however, part of my point is that being a strong guy doesn't protect you from being booted out third. In the last 8 versions of the show, with the exception of Lil, none of these guys would be expected to go out soon. There were much weaker players on all of their teams. And yet, strong guys are constantly getting booted out third.

That doesn't mean a strong guy will always be voted out third. However, it is an interesting trend that should be noted when trying to spoil

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-27-05, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who gets booted third?"
Now as far as the women went, Lil and Marilyn were "old farts" and therefore considered as "weaker." Jenna M. left of her own accord. And Stacy, I forget why she left. Because this season is so physically-challenging, I think the tribes will keep their stronger players and go after the weakest. Which in Yaxha's case is either Brianna or Amy. As we heard from Morgan after her boot, Brianna was throwing up (along with Jamie). Amy also will be a target as she injures her ankle.

And I do think it is going to be Yaxha who goes to TC again.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who gets booted third?"
Stacy targetted Rudy and was suspicious of Richard's attempts to manipulate the game, Richard decided she had to go.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •