The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Morgan interview with Reality News Online"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Morgan interview with Reality News Online"
She reveals a lot here. Seems Brian, Lydia, and Jamie were outside the majority alliance. I wonder if Brian was already aware of that.

-------------------------------------

RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Morgan! We unfortunately didn’t get much of a chance to see you on Survivor, but let’s start with what you did to prepare for your time on the show.

Morgan: I tried to gain some weight, but that didn’t work out too well because I was working out about twice a day. My boyfriend taught me to build a fire, which came in handy because I was the only one in our tribe who knew how to use flint. We did a lot of hiking and camping and outdoorsy stuff. But honestly, there was not a whole lot I could to prepare for this endeavor.

RNO: Did you read strategy books or anything like that?

Morgan:No, I went back and watched some of the old Survivor DVDs and tried to see how previous contestants played the game before. But you can never prepare for the mind game because you don’t know who you’re playing the game with and you don’t know the compatibility with the other contestants.

RNO:What was your plan going into Survivor?

Morgan: My plan was to go in and be a team player and to just be kind of deceiving because I look like a little blonde petite girl and very sweet, so I was kind of going to be the opposite without people knowing – just let them go off my looks alone.

RNO: Did you have a chance to enact any of that?

Morgan: No, not really. There were alliances formed, but we really didn’t get much into it at that point. It was just so early in the game. And the thing about my personality is I’m just so brutally honest and I really expect other people to be too, so I was really just who I am.

The thing about strategizing is you can do it all you want before you go, but when it comes time, your strategy goes out the window once you meet the people and the game starts.

RNO: You said you are brutally honest – did you have the opportunity to be that way?

Morgan: Yeah, before we went to Tribal Council I let Lydia know I was voting for her. I had promised Brianna I wouldn’t vote for her and she said she wouldn’t vote for me either. I was honest around camp. Amy on the hike was a big contributing factor to why we lost. I let her know on the hike she was keeping us behind and needed to pick it up. I expected people to do the same for me.

RNO: So you had no idea people thought you were lazy around camp?

Morgan: No, and I don’t think it was an overall consensus of the tribe. They didn’t want to vote Lydia out. Gary was in an alliance with Brianna, so that name didn’t get put into the pot. So they needed to come up with anything. Suddenly, I became lazy. One person’s opinion can become fact because you just go on what everyone else says. You need to find some excuse to legitimize getting rid of someone.

RNO: How do you feel you did around camp?

Morgan: I think that was a pretty poor display of myself around camp . Just because didn’t see me get water or firewood doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. We all relaxed at times. There wasn’t constant stuff to do. In that heat and humidity, it’s important you take it easy. There’s only so many pots of water to be filled and so much firewood to gather. I don’t think I was lazy. I don’t think I worked as much as Lydia – no one did. But there were people I worked just as hard as.

RNO: Do you think Gary really felt that way?

Morgan: I don’t know what Gary really felt. I had a really bad feeling about him from the beginning. I knew not to trust Gary and Stephenie – it was an insinct. I don’t know if I was being aloof towards him and that turned him off. We never clicked. So it was an act of desperation to save Lydia.
I don’t feel I was lazy around camp.

RNO: Speaking of Gary, did people buy Gary’s denial of being an ex-football player?

Morgan: Yeah, the thing that’s funny is that I gave him the benefit of the doubt. If I really thought about it I would have wondered why Danni was saying that. But I was all about team unity. Yaxha had a lot of heart and we needed to keep that to continue to win challenges. I trusted him and was going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He didn’t give me that in return.

RNO: You also mentioned Stephenie – how did you feel about having previous players in the game?

Morgan: At first I was so excited to be a part of Survivor that when we walked into the ruins, it suddenly became so real and I was so excited and grateful. I was really excited to see Stephenie. There was a point at camp where I realized that she wasn’t a good idea to have around. She knew how to play this game. She wasn’t afraid to be shady or conniving. But I didn’t feel anybody else felt that way and I didn’t want to be the only one to say it. It puts a target on your back.

RNO: So you didn’t know some of the guys were talking about it?

Morgan: I had no idea Jamie was considering her. He told me he was voting off Brianna.

RNO: Who were you in an alliance with?

Morgan: There was Gary, Stephenie, Amy, Brianna, Rafe, and me. It was basically let’s just get to the merge. Obviously it wasn’t very strong and didn’t save me, but it did save Brianna. I really clicked with Rafe outside of the game . I think he was probably the most upset to let me go.

RNO: Switching subjects a bit, what did your tribe choose to bring with on the hike, what did they leave behind, and looking back would you have done it any differently?

Morgan: It’s interesting that you ask that. There were only six bags of corn, and we took all six. We had more than enough food. Last night you saw people looking for ants and grasshoppers. It was because they were sick of corn – we had plenty of food. I carried one bag on my head pretty much the entire way. We took lots of fruit but we ate most of it on the hike. I think we did the right thing in taking as much as we could because we were all very capable of carrying it at the time. But we had to take the flag and the flag was such a pain – it would catch on all the trees.

RNO: Did you realize just how sick the other tribe had gotten?

Morgan: No, I didn’t. I was so shocked. I don’t know what happened to those guys. There were people on our tribe who were getting sick, but not like that. Brianna and Jamie were puking and not in good shape – which adds to my shock and disbelief about being accused of doing nothing, because Jamie was lying around camp. Which is why I know it was not the tribe consensus that I was lazy. It was a seed planted by Gary, and Brian didn’t want to get rid of Lydia.

RNO: What would you have done differently?

Morgan: I think that everything happens for a reason. I don’t know that I would do anything differently. The thing about the lazy issue is that I was in between a rock and a hard place. You can’t get around the fact that I was barely 100 pounds at that point. Do I bust my butt at camp and do things that don’t necessarily need to be done just to impress everyone and then physically exhaust myself and become useless at challenges? Or do I do the bare minimum at camp and do really well at challenges? Either way I was doomed in that respect.

RNO: We didn’t see you say anything to your tribe when you were voted out. Did you say any final words when you left?

Morgan: No, I was in complete and utter shock. I lost so much respect for my tribe. I had been completely honest with them and I had no idea what happened. I didn’t have anything to say to them. I was completely shocked. My heart dropped in my stomach when I saw my name on that paper. I sat in Tribal Council talking about how unified and open and honest we were, little did I know they had all voted for me. It hurt because I pride myself on being painstakingly perceptive and being able to read people really well. I didn’t see it coming.

RNO: Unfortunately, we didn’t really get to know you on the show – what are you plans for the future?

Morgan: My immediate plans are to do a show at Six Flags Great America . It’s the Halloween season. The show is dancing and singing, called “Love at First Fright.” They’ve had the same show for around 15 years, so it has a pretty huge fan base. They actually added a role for me, Zombina. They had that character until ‘95 and brought it back for me. It’s fun and I can reinvent it. That’s exactly what I need right now.

Then I’m moving to L.A. in November with one of my best friends.

RNO: Is there anything else you’d like to tell our readers about your time in the game?

Morgan: Overall it was such an amazing experience. I was the youngest this time around, and that kind of worked against me. Gary seemed to have a lot of control and I think he felt threatened that there were so many young people on the tribe. He was paranoid about the young people aligning against him. If Stephenie hadn’t been there I would have been one of the strongest females on the tribe. But there’s no need for two strong females.

In considering how hard the challenges were and the nature of them, I could do nothing in the tug of war despite my heart and determination. A 102-pound girl could do nothing compared to Judd. If the order of challenges had been different would have been a different story. But that’s the way it goes. And really my personality was not conniving, I never lied. I don’t think I had it in me to play that mental game of Survivor.

RNO: Did you think you had it in you before going?

Morgan: Yeah, I thought I could do it. But when it comes time to challenge your integrity, I didn’t have it in me. I really enjoyed my tribe’s company, I didn’t want to lie to them or vote them out. Maybe it’s a good thing I went first because this game gets ugly and I don’t think I have that in me.

RNO: Thanks for your time, Morgan!

------------------------------------------------

It also sounds like Brianna may get to the merge. About clicking with Rafe "outside the game", I don't read this as a spoiler that he wound up at Loser Lodge. I think she means they clicked on a personal level apart from the game aspects. Since she says he was most upset to see her go (which he did seem to be), they must have been close already before she left.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Morgan interview with Reality N... Booted 09-23-05 1
   RE: Morgan interview with Reality N... Brownroach 09-23-05 2
 RE: Morgan interview with Reality N... Flowerpower 09-23-05 3
 RE: Morgan interview with Reality N... GuessItRains 09-23-05 4
 RE: Morgan interview with Reality N... PepeLePew13 09-23-05 5
   RE: Morgan interview with Reality N... Brownroach 09-26-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Morgan interview with Reality News Online"
Brownroach:

Thanks for doing this. This quote stuck out for me:

I really clicked with Rafe outside of the game

Since they could not know each other before the game and they are not to have much contact after the game could this mean Rafe gets booted before the merge that they get to know each other?

Boot Ed

09-23-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Morgan interview with Reality News Online"
I put my opinion about this up above -- I don't think she means that because she says he was the most upset to see her get voted off right after that. And he did clearly look bummed when she was leaving TC. I think she means they clicked during their downtime at camp, outside of the strategizing, going to get water, etc.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Morgan interview with Reality News Online"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-05 AT 03:39 PM (EST)

She reveals that Brian, Lydia and Jamie were outside the alliance. I wonder how the alliance is post ep 2? Lydia must feel indebted to Brian, and yet she promised her loyalty to Gary now. Sounds like Lydia may become apart of the core alliance and therefore Brian could become loosely attached as well. Jamie I see as playing the game all on his own terms. It seems as if Gary has a few more choices available to him now....perhaps Brianna can be one that could be cut free, as now he has Lydia.

ETA: On the Early Show this AM Morgan named Brianna as their weakest tribe member.

I still definately see Brianna as a premerge boot.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-23-05, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Morgan interview with Reality News Online"
So here's what we know:

There was an alliance of Gary/Steph/Morgan/Rafe/Brianna/Amy. Lydia, Brian, and Jamie were on the outside.

We saw Brian and Lydia lobbying Gary to keep her over Morgan. Gary agreed. We also (I think) saw Jamie talking to Gary and Brian about possibly taking out Steph. So Gary seems to be in the middle of everything. This could play out one of 3 ways.

1) Old alliance stays strong. Next boot is likely Lydia, since she's still weaker than Brian and Jamie.

2) Gary (and his alliance-mate Brianna?) defect to join Lydia/Brian and the partnerless Jamie versus what's left (Steph/Rafe/Amy). Next boot is likely the weak Rafe or the injured loudmouth Amy.

3) Gary gets caught playing both sides and gets booted for lying.

I don't know if Brianna's safe to the merge but I would guess she flies UTR for at least a couple more episodes.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Morgan interview with Reality News Online"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-05 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

Re: "There was Gary, Stephenie, Amy, Brianna, Rafe, and me. It was basically let’s just get to the merge. Obviously it wasn’t very strong and didn’t save me, but it did save Brianna."

Keep in mind that Morgan was completely, 100% out of the loop as it was an unanimous vote against her, so we got to wonder how much of it is true when she's rattling off the names of her supposed 'alliance' group.

I don't think she was in an alliance, period.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

09-26-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Morgan interview with Reality News Online"
Morgan said she and Brianna agreed never to vote for each other, and she was obviously close to Rafe. I think the "alliance" of of six was a loose collection of people who were connected to one or another: Rafe/Morgan; Morgan/Brianna; Brianna/Gary (according to Morgan Gary and Brianna had an alliance); Gary/Stephenie (as dual "leaders" they seem to consult on most things). Only Amy doesn't seem to have a specific connection to one of the other six, at least from what we've seen or been told.

And we also know from the Insider that Brian and Lydia have a two-person agreement, and Jamie seems connected to the two of them, as he didn't want Morgan voting for Lydia. So there is some merit, I think, to Morgan's description of the groupings, even if her "alliance" voted her out.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •