The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-05, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"

Previously on Survivor Guatemala- an 11 mile grueling hike was the RC which Nakum won and that gave them flint and the better of the two camp sites. Sickness and dehydration hampered Nakum and in the IC a blown bicep muscle sealed the fate of the retired fire captain, Jim Lynch was the first to have his torch snuffed. To get a read on what his thoughts were, check out this thread brought to us by BrownRoach documenting Jim's interview with Reality News Online].

If you are new to these boards, please take a few moments to review the Board Guidelines. Also, in case you missed it, you might want to go back and read last week's SOTS by Applejack or the hilarious Episode summary by Estee, good stuff!

This week we start off with the Episode title Man Down, thanks to FlowerPower bringing the info to us. Most of the speculation revolves around Blake still being hurt.

This theme is further discussed in the SeeBS Misdirection thread, brought to us courtesy of Tribephyl.

1. One Survivor is appalled when a nest of ants are served up for dinner in a tribe desperate for protein.

The main concensus is that this refers to Stephenie as shown in the previews to be turning up her nose at the prospect of eating the ants. Don't worry Steph, just open your mouth and the ants will go marching one by one...

2. Lacking any sympathy for ailing tribemates, one Survivor starts complaining about the weak ones being lazy and getting pampered.

There are 2 general opinions on who this is referring to. First, many think it could be Brandon as he is shown evily eyeing his fallen tribemate. Others believe it is Judd because of a clip of one of his confessionals where he is complaining of this very thing. Personally, I think it is Judd our jolly doorman from NYC.

3. Leading into the second Tribal Council, one Survivor fights back when their work ethic is questioned by tribemates.

Now this one is interesting. As our lovely Bebo points out, the week 1 and 2 boots have been usually been cut and dried, and that if the bootee isn't splashed all over the previews or highlighted in the previous episode, at the very least they will get one of the misdirection quotes.

So which of our Usual Suspects is this referring to? I guess it depends on which tribe you think is going to tribal council this week. Some say it is Jamie due to comments Steph made about him being lazy. Others speculate that it could be snot rocket scientist Bobby John. Several names are bantied about in fact, with no hard source spoiler to go by, there are at least 4-5 people this could fit.

Let's see if we can narrow it down a little more, we did after all get the Week 1 boot, didn't we? Time to hit those vid-caps!

Reward Challenge
Since we found caps of the Immunity Idol sitting on a podium during the mud challenge (see analysis below), that leaves the Spider Web as the RC. Here is what is involved. Looks like Amy is going to sit this one out for Yaxha, even though some speculate that Lydia because of her stature would be weaker.

The challenge appears to start off with one person from each tribe running down their marked lane, climbing a ramp, jumping off and then run over to the spider web where they will climb to retrieve a bag of the same color as their tribe. Once they get the bag back to the start, the next person can then take off in true Survivor relay fashion.

These caps show the progression:

Each contestant wants to stay out of the water (perhaps stocked with hungry crocs?) and in the Web Promo thread that Volsfan started, you can see some more caps that do show Gary falling kersplash, and several holding on for dear life.

So who wins this one? Well, no real clear indication based on the vid-caps so we'll have to use process of elimination and try to figure this out the old fashioned way. Biancaxx points out this picture:

Which shows 4-5 blobs of dark that really don't show much other than it may indicate a tribe is out fishing and not paddling to a challenge or TC. So is the reward some fishing gear?

I think that the Yaxha tribe with Amy sitting this one out has a slight advantage and the shots of Gary falling into the water are misdirection. You have big Judd on Nakum who will most likely not be good at this one because of his size, and if Blake is still hurting, I'm going to say that it looks like the fishmonger Lydia (who is wearing a quite determined yet confident look on her face) might have some fish to fillet relatively soon.

Immunity Challenge
The mudpit is the scene for what looks to be another very physical challenge where the Survivors are guaranteed to get down and dirty! There is alot of debate about what exactly will take place, but I'll try to map it out using some of the key vid-caps that can also be found in the Preview Vidcaps thread by FlowerPower.

First, we can see that Brianna is the one that sits out for Yaxha. The challenge looks to be a combination of a tug-of-war with maybe a touch of capture the flag.

The field layout:

In part 1 of this challenge it appears that the two tribes try to pull toward their own endzones which also keeps the other tribe from getting to theirs. Do they only need to go past a certain yard/foot marker? Do they have to dig up and find colored tribe flags? These are things that have been discussed and nothing is definitive.

We do know that at some point in this tribal game, Danni has a go with Brian who appears to be going after Margaret.

We can also see Nakum getting closer and closer to their endzone:

We see that Blake in the orange/red shorts is out in front and looking strong, and that powerful scream of BJ as he nears the 45 marker, we have seen that look on his face before.

But we also know that at some point it comes down to two people, Gary vs Judd. Is this the result of a tie breaker, or is this because one of the goals was to unclip the other tribes players?

One theory is that Gary realizes that Judd is closing in on grabbing the clean rope and pulling himself to victory and so he abandons trying to get to his own endzone in order to go tackle Judd and stop him. Only one problem, Gary was a QB and not a safety, him tackling Judd is about as effective as him trying to tackle the likes of Leon Lett. We can see in the caps that Judd keeps on dragging Gary despite his attempts.

PMSPML puts up a good counter argument in the vid-cap thread, she views it as just the opposite, that Gary is the one that walks away the hero of the game.

But other evidence (pointed out by FP) to the contrary, in the opening credits we have a muddy and rejoicing photo of the Juddster:

And how many times have we seen this defeated look on Steph's face?

That picture of Yaxha looking dejected shows everyone except Brianna, Lydia, and Gary. Well Brianna is the one sitting out, Gary is wrapped around Judd, so where is Lydia? Lydia oh Lydia, say have you seen Lydia, Lydia the tattooed lady...OK, if you look close you can see her hair projecting in fron of Rafe's chest. It looks like a good bet to say that Nakum will win Immunity.

The Boot
So who is the boot if Nakum goes to TC? There has been a large focus on Blake, is it solely misdirection? I agree with those who say that it is. That leaves us with 4 suspects from Yaxha.

I think we can rule out Gary, even though he is highlighted throughout the promos and had an amazing amount of pregame face time as well. He needs to stick around a little longer to one day have a show down with Danni.

Lydia will prove herself in the two challenges to be quite capable of holding her own, and who knows, if the RC was fishing gear, maybe she makes a name for herself there as well.

Jamie has been dubbed as lazy by Steph in one of her confessionals that can be seen on CBS insider. But I think most agree that he is too strong and it would be foolish with the physical nature of this season to boot anybody but your weakest player.

That leaves a big red laser scope on the forehead of our resident cop Amy who was dubbed as a weak link during the hike last week. She sits out the RC in this episode and that shows again that she is weak. "Man Down" is certainly a police term, and Amy could fit the description of the Survivor in part 3 of the SeeBS misdirection too.

But what does the eye-mail say?

It highlights both Blake and Yaxha, and since most of the misdirection is about Blake and his injuries, he sure looks to be doing well in the IC.

Recap
RC: Spider-Web, advantage: Yaxha
IC: Mud Tug-of-War, advantage: Nakum
Boot: Amy

Long Term Spoilers
Don't forget to check out some of the most important threads, those that look at the big picture and try to forecast what will be seen in the near and distant future. As you know, Survivor is all about the editing, and one thread spending time discussing that is Signs of Survival which is a fascinating astrology thread started by Georgianna. Even if you don't believe in astrology, this is a must read. It shows some interesting patterns from history and will try to predict the future.

A mainstay on this board is the thread from Veruca Salt, The Players, The Game, The Editing. Already some great discussion underway about the longevity of players based on the edit they have received.

BuckeyeGirl started another important long term thread on Key Quotes. One interesting quote from Margaret: The big strong guys are all down, and the girls are holding up so well! has Pepe LePew speculating that a woman is destined to win this season. Time will tell.

Is Brian going to last long emough to be made out to be a villian? That thread by BrownRoach discusses that very possibility.

FP brings us a possible news article spoiler where it says that Judd has a considerable weight loss. There is much discussion on whether the weight loss is realistic for a big guy of 240 lbs, but in the Guatemala climate and conditions, many think that it is plausible.

Forehead started a thread on TC Seating and how in the past it has been wise to pay attention to who sits near whom. Miscreation gave us the information of Jeff Probst's radio interview which discusses the Danni recognizing Gary as an NFL QB. Colby's Chick reminds us through Ethan's blog that first impressions can be lasting impressions. And in case you don't know, our next episode title is oddly a quote from The Princess Diary, which you can discuss here.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message. Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... robindobindoodledoo 09-20-05 1
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... Krautboy 09-20-05 2
   Agree dabo 09-21-05 3
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... biancaxxx 09-21-05 4
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... tribephyl 09-21-05 5
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... PepeLePew13 09-21-05 6
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... Flowerpower 09-21-05 7
   RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... VerucaSalt 09-21-05 8
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... Georgianna 09-21-05 9
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... kingfish 09-21-05 10
   RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... KObrien_fan 09-21-05 11
       RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... kingfish 09-21-05 14
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... redbeard103152 09-21-05 12
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... Colbys_Chick 09-21-05 13
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... forehead 09-21-05 15
   RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... KObrien_fan 09-21-05 19
       RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... forehead 09-21-05 20
           RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... Corvis 09-21-05 22
               RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... forehead 09-21-05 24
                   RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... Corvis 09-21-05 25
                       RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... forehead 09-21-05 27
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... Brownroach 09-21-05 16
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... volsfan 09-21-05 17
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... Booted 09-21-05 18
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... survivorscott 09-21-05 21
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... dreamerbeliever 09-21-05 23
   RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... body 09-21-05 26
       RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... KObrien_fan 09-21-05 29
           RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... body 09-21-05 30
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... Scarlett O Hara 09-21-05 28
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... MJewel 09-21-05 31
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... RudyRules 09-21-05 32
   RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... littletown 09-21-05 33
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... applejack93 09-21-05 34
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... greg2557 09-21-05 35
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... kircon 09-22-05 36
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... buckeyegirl 09-22-05 37
 RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoi... strid333 09-22-05 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

robindobindoodledoo 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-20-05, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robindobindoodledoo Click to send private message to robindobindoodledoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Fantastic SOTS!
Summed the week up nice & tidy!

Thanks KO!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-20-05, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Thanks KO!

Nicely done, as usual! I'm with you all the way and agree with your conclusions. Nice summary of another week of good old fashioned spoiling!

Krautboy

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Agree"
and bump

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-21-05, 03:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Loved the usual suspects photochop
great sots

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 05:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Fan-tabulous job KO.

I actually was wondering who would get the boot this week ... but ... no longer.

Thanks!

P.S. Hiya KB!!! My favorite part of any new season of Survivor is seeing you wake from your off-season slumber ... and start makin' your rounds!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 05:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Super job of pulling all this together, KOb! I'll admit to not totally being 'there' with how the episode was going to unfold due to my short attention span this week with work and kids going on, so you've done an excellent job of just laying it all out for all of us here. Suddenly, I can now picture how the whole episode is likely to go down.

Amy? Well, I've got her as my Episode 2 boot in the PTTE thread...

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Just an awesome job, KOfan! You really are the gold standard when it comes to the SOTS! And I'm so glad that you flushed that German boy out, I've been waiting to hear his 2 cents on all of this! I agree, you're headed in the right direction with your conclusions, but it would always be GREAT to be blind-sided as well.

Thanks for all that you do KO, and for showing us all how to do it!

Fp

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-21-05, 06:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
The talent of the SOTS creators is the one of the only things that draws me out of my safe haven and once again, I'm glad I made the trip.

Wonderful job as always

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-21-05, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Thank you, KO.

And thank you, Applejack.

Both SOTS were beautifully done. But then I've come to expect that here. Each one always seems to add a bit more lustre to the tradition.

And may I say that I've also come to expect (and greatly appreciate) the civility and good humor that this Board offers in abundance. When I do go clicking abroad, I scurry back as quickly as possible: it is a jungle out there ...

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
K O'B Fan, Nice goin, you forced me to confront my ignorance as to the up-comming events, but also gave me some direction. Too late for PTB, alas, but maybe I can squeeze something out somewhere else.

Anyway thanks.

09-21-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Too late for PTB, alas, but maybe I can squeeze something out somewhere else.

Lol, don't think that wasn't intentional my dear friend, I made sure to extend the earlybird to just before I was going to submit this SOTS, anybody who takes the risk to get the 20 points should do so without me laying it out to 'em on a silver platter...

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
I fully agree.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-21-05, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Great job KOB Fan.We are gonna start calling ya the Shell Answer Women.RedBeard

Colbys_Chick 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-21-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colbys_Chick Click to send private message to Colbys_Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
GREAT JOB KOB! I love SOTS! Can't wait to see if it is correct tomorrow night!

DOWN WITH JERRI!!!!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-21-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-05 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

Outstanding SOTS as usual, KO! Well organized, and very informative.

Now, while Corvis says not to put too much stock in his confessional analysis (CA) for ep1, I have found his CA track record simly amazing. His CA indicates four Yaxha in danger (Steph - who isn't going anywhere, Jamie - who might well fight back per misdirection 3, Brian - villain edit?, and Gary).

I can certainly see Amy getting the boot, but I'm not discounting Gary for now.

Thanks again for a great SOTS,
forehead

PS thanks to aj93 too for a great SOTS last week.

eta Brian's villain edit

09-21-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Forehead, I agree, Gary has been heavily shown and is even totally featured in one of the promo commercials. I still think he should be on everyones radar as a potential bootee for this week. His pre-game face time was extremely high too. Either they are trying to give him as much pre-merge face time as possible to set up some sort of show down with Danni (and from some of the comments that Jim had in post game interviews it just leads me to think that Gary will stick around), or he is being set up as this weeks boot.

09-21-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Here is an interview with Jim by Rose posted at MESS:

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm11.showMessageRange?topicID=1346.topic&start=30&stop=30

===
Q: What were your impressions of the other women on your tribe?

JL: Let’s see… Danni... Danni’s insight was, and it didn’t really turn out to be much of an influence on our tribe, but Danni came up with Hogeboom. We’d just started the game, and she said, “You know that guy? I’ve seen that guy before, he’s an NFL quarterback from back in the 80’s” or whatever. She said, “Gary Hoge—“and I said “Gary Hogeboom?” and she said “It’s Gary Hogeboom!” And of course, he lied to his tribe though the entire thing. So that was Danni’s thing, she’s a sportscaster in Kansas City. Uh… Cindy… she’s a zoologist who worked down in Florida for a private zoo down there. Nice kid. And Brooke… she’s a law student… another great kid. They’re all great, great, great kids.
===

Sounds to me like Danni was never on a tribe together with Gary to confront Gary. So at least one of Danni and Gary goes pre-merge (or both). I translate Jim's quote "he lied trough the entire thing" as "while Gary was still in the game he lied about his name". Now, if Gary were still there post-merge, somebody with Danni's knowledge could have confronted Gary. I just don't think it happens.

As you point out there is this weird commercial completely dedicated to Gary. Corvis remarked that it resembled Hunter's commercial before Hunter's demise.

I'm still not discounting Amy, but I'm leaning more toward Gary now. (And his boot could also fit the ep3 title.)

forehead

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-21-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
"Corvis remarked that it resembled Hunter's commercial before Hunter's demise."

I did? Where did I say that? (I mean, it does, and I did think of that, but I didn't think I had mentioned it over here yet!)

09-21-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
24. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-05 AT 01:12 PM (EST)

Well you said it on a certain site of yours - something about thoughts, survivor, and Iowa ...

Yeah, so I contribute anything you say etiher here at SB or there at your site to you. See, people pay attention to what you say.

While we're at it , your S10 ep1 confessional analysis also included Ashlee in danger for ep2...

Seriously, it would be strange for Yaxha to boot Gary from a strength perspective. But I've given up on any rational thinking by castaways in trying to predict voting behavior. I think the bigger question this week is: "Will Steph learn from her prior experience?" As VS (in prior editions of her safe haven ) pointed out repeatedly: survivors in S8 did not learn.

Sure is a hard week though.
forehead

etf sp

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
In the immortal words of Homer: D'oh! I did mention it there, didn't I? Heh.

I agree - hard week all around. I don't feel confident about the reward challenge winner, either.

09-21-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
27. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
"I don't feel confident about the reward challenge winner, either."

Funny you should say that. Just a few minutes ago I changed my RC pick on SI...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-05 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

Really great SOTS, KO.

Hmmm, I was still leaning toward Blake as the boot, but that cap of Judd in the opening credits is really bothering me. Usually those opening credit "victory"-type caps have been exactly what they seemed to be.

You make a good case for Amy. In terms of editing so far she mirrors Palau boot #2 Ashlee, who was in none of the promos and was more or less invisible until half-way through Ep 2. Although I think Jamie is still a good possibility for a Yaxha boot due to the laziness misdirection item. If he's a smarta$$ and tries to get Stephenie booted ("how can I win if *she's* here?") he may find himself a target instead.

Decisions, decisions...

Edited to comment on this:

Looks like Amy is going to sit this one out for Yaxha, even though some speculate that Lydia because of her stature would be weaker

I suspect the decision is to use Lydia in the RC so that they can sit her out of the IC. But then when they find out what the IC is, they realize that someone short and squat with some body mass should be more helpful than a waiflike cosmetics salesperson; hence Brianna sits it out.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Great job KO! Thanks for rounding up the info.

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-21-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
KO - One of (if not) the best...

Thanks

Boot Ed

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-21-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
This is why I stay in the shadows. I could never compete with this. I would have to pull names out of a hat for a conclusion.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Great SOTS KO! Is Amy Keyser Soze? Could have sworn I saw a slight limp in her step on the 11 mile hike.

body 36 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail body Click to send private message to body Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
nice reading the one thing i want to mention is the gary and judd pics at the mud challenge. if you look at them all you can see judd defending the clean rope by falling on it . while gary is trying to pick judd up to get the clean rope . what do you think ? just my opinion

09-21-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
29. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Hi Body- Because there is a clean rope in each tribe endzone, my thought was that if you are pulling in the mud with the other tribe or another person pulling in the opposite direction, the bungy that tethers them together will only stretch to a certain point, and then one tribe/person needs to gain ground on the other.

It seems as though Judd has pulled Gary far enough for Gary to realize that if he doesn't get back and tackle Judd, Judd is going to reach the endzone and win. As soon as Gary stops pulling in the opposite direction, we see the rope swirl (in the vidcaps on the preview thread that I link to above) and it jars Judd forward and he falls into the mud.

It looks like Judd then grabs the rope in order to continue to pull himself forward closer to the endzone and closer to victory, he does so with Gary on his back. Gary may be trying to wrestle the rope from Judd so that he can't use it to win, I think Judd's reaction to protect it comes from him knowing he needs it in his hands to win.

One of the caps I have shown above you can see the stump that the rope is tied to, so Judd is very very close at that point, and old Gary can't do a whole lot to stop him.

body 36 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail body Click to send private message to body Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
ahhh thank you for clearing that up . gary probably is trying to stop judd . i wonder y judd fell back on the clean rope. he looks like he could have made it . it doesnt look like gary tackled him .looks like hes falling on the clean rope to protect it .

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Fabulous SOTS, KOF!! I couldn't agree with you more. Those were my thoughts, exactly! It will be great fun to see this episode unfold. Thanks!

MJewel 1951 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-21-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MJewel Click to send private message to MJewel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-05 AT 04:25 PM (EST)

Great SOTS KO...you really pulled everything together great!

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
What an awesome SOTS KO!
Very nicely done!

Your defending two time college football pool champion

littletown 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-21-05, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littletown Click to send private message to littletown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
great SOTS, KOB.
I agree with everything you said, except your boot. I truly believe it to be Gary. All the pre-show buzz and the commercial about just him makes me think he's going down. Also, the title "Man Down." The game they are playing is almost like football, with the strength and yard markers. I think he volunteered to go againt Judd thinking he was the big football star, but that will be his demise. But you could be right also, and congratulations if you are.

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-21-05, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Wow, you really do own SOTS don't you, KO?

That was fantastic, absolutely great!

greg2557 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-21-05, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greg2557 Click to send private message to greg2557 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Thanks KO for bringing it all together.

Greg

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-05, 04:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
KOB you are my hero. With work like this you should have Dr. in front of your name. I tip my crown to you. Now on with the show!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Great job KO! How in the heck am I supposed to follow this with next weeks SOTS?

Sig by Kyngsladye, bouncy by IceCat

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-22-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: S11 Episode 2 State of the Spoiling"
Great SOTS! The pictures are really helpful.

Three is the perfect number.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •