The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-01-04, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 9"
Here are the choices:

1. Chip/Kim get their clue at Wild Wadi and immediately jump into a taxi. Unfornutately, they were supposed to drive themselves to the airport. When they realize their mistake, they head back to Wild Wadi. They end up on a later flight to Calcutta.

2. Linda/Karen leave Wild Wadi and leave one of their bags there. Since the bag contains their passports, they have to head back to Wild Wadi.

3. Linda/Karen get to the train station, but they only have American money left. The station won't accept it, and they have to get their money exchanged.

4. Kami/Karli get to the roadblock, where one of them has a lot of trouble making the bricks. They finish the leg in 4th place.

5. Brandon/Nicole get to the roadblock, and Brandon has trouble with it. When they see the other teams arrive, they decide to go for the Fast Forward. When they get to the FF, they find out that they have to shave their heads. They don't want to do that, so they head back to the roadblock and finish it. They finish the leg last and lose all their money.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... buscemi 09-01-04 1
 #5 Totally ARnutz 09-01-04 2
   RE: #5 Totally emydi 09-01-04 3
 #5!!!! VA Slim 09-01-04 4
   RE: #5!!!! ARnutz 09-01-04 5
 #5 memacmur 09-01-04 6
 #5 Estee 09-01-04 7
   RE: #5 bystander 09-01-04 8
 #1 Oscirus 09-01-04 9
 #5 realitybites 09-01-04 10
   RE: #5 buscemi 09-01-04 12
       RE: #5 ssshaw 09-02-04 13
 #5 sittem 09-01-04 11
 #5 Molaholic 09-05-04 14
 #5 seahorse 09-05-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-01-04, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 9"
1. Wasn't too bad. Kim figured out their mistake, and they only lost 10 minutes on the flight, which they then quickly made up.

2. Again, this wasn't horrible. They realized their mistake pretty quickly, probably lost less than 15 minutes, and really weren't hurt overall by their mistake.

3. This was the worst mistake of the episode in my opinion. Start with the whole following the taxi incident, which caused them to lose the currency in the 1st place. Now, they have a chance to be right with the top 2 teams if they can buy a ticket. Instead, they take a taxi quite a distance before getting a bad exchange rate for their $$s and lose a lot of time.

4. They have some trouble with the bricks, but, again, I don't think that this cost them that much time.

5. Brandon was a bit slow on the bricks, but going for the FF when the other 4 teams were there was actually a smart move. After all, when has a FF ever been tough in the history of TAR. This was just bad luck.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "#5 Totally"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 09:28 AM (EST)

This would have cost the "holier than thou, but might I add VERY vain ones" the race had it not been a non-elim.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: #5 Totally"
I agree Totally, Arnutz!!!

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Vain, immature little twerps

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "#5!!!!"
Vanity! Vanity! Vanity! Did they think that the other teams would make fun of them! Foolish youth! They probably wouldn't have gained a great deal of time over the second place team - maybe an hour or so tops but they would have finished 4 or 5 hours ahead of where they are now.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: #5!!!!"
Oh Yeah!! Isn't Vanity one of the seven deadly sins??? I hate hypocritical Christians!!! (wait is that an oxymoron? Just kidding, no offense anyone)

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-01-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#5"
That was easy. Who knows how they would have finished had Brandon continued his 'hurried' brick making (It would have at least been close).

The other fun thing will be seeing those two beg for money in India. Assuming they have to get some money at the start of the leg. I suppose the producers might be nice and arrange to have them go somewhere with money (or tourists) before requiring them to spend cash.

Given that we know Chip/Kim may be having trouble keeping money around, #1 could prove to be a big Not-so-Move too. But starting way behind everyone else (having gone sooo slow once deciding they were last) and having to start with no money = easy choice.

MEmacmur

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "#5"
I so wanted that to be the million-dollar haircut...

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-01-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: #5"
Well thank goodness that praying paid off for them and it wasn't an elimination round. It's amazing that even with all the things to do with the poor and downtrodden in India that God still had the time to help B&N out in their time of need. I guess praying does pay off. Who would have guessed 2 non-elim rounds in back to back weeks. The producers mush have Sh1t a brick when God made Phil say it was non-elimination round.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-01-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "#1"

1- they shhould know better than that not reading clues usually costs teams the games they just got lucky this time around.

2-Just as dumb but you can chalk it up to excitement. would be my pick except chip's was dumber.

3-they had no way of knowing that the train station didn't accept american money

4-they are an inept team what else is new.

5-they took a risk unfortunately it didn't pay off ,if the fast forward had been a more agreeable task than they would have more than likely finished in first.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-01-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "#5"
I'll go with Brandon & Nicole here, but there were actually four separate decisions:

a) Yield - yes or no?
b) Fast Forward (the first time) - go for it or no?
c) at the Roadblock - continue or go for the Fast Forward?
d) Fast Forward (the second time) - do it or not?

I think discontinuing the roadblock was the worst move here - though teams have gotten by with switching tasks before, it's never a recommended move.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: #5"
"I think discontinuing the roadblock was the worst move here - though teams have gotten by with switching tasks before, it's never a recommended move."

See, I disagree. I think discontinuing the roadblcok and going for the FF was their best move. They see that all 5 teams are at the roadblock. They also see that Brandon is doing a terrible job with the bricks. So, now they now: a) nobody went for the FF, and b) they could very well be last place coming out of the roadblock, c) there's still the detour to go, and d) no team in the history of the Amazing Race has ever failed in getting the FF (excepting occassions where more than one team went for it).

Unfortunately for B & N, the FF was something that they wouldn't do. But, if you look back at every prior FF, there was never something of the same magnitude. They had every reason to expect that they could do the FF and come in 1st by bypassing the later detour.

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-02-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: #5"
Discontinuing the roadblock was a bad idea, but I felt that not going for the FF once they got there was really the killer. If you know that you are in last, go for the FF if it has not been taken. They were lucky this was non-elimination.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-01-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "#5"
Purely because of their vanity!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "#5"
1. Chip/Kim get their clue at Wild Wadi and immediately jump into a taxi. Unfornutately, they were supposed to drive themselves to the airport. When they realize their mistake, they head back to Wild Wadi. They end up on a later flight to Calcutta.
A close second, but Chip's accutremone with brick making saved them from real disaster.

2. Linda/Karen leave Wild Wadi and leave one of their bags there. Since the bag contains their passports, they have to head back to Wild Wadi.
Because of airport bunching, didn't really cost them anything.

3. Linda/Karen get to the train station, but they only have American money left. The station won't accept it, and they have to get their money exchanged.
Karma payback's a real b!tch, ain't it? Too bad they didn't end up going all the way back Kolkata.

4. Kami/Karli get to the roadblock, where one of them has a lot of trouble making the bricks. They finish the leg in 4th place.
Surely, anything the Wonderboob twins do at this point to put them further behind the pack can't be a surprise!

5. Brandon/Nicole get to the roadblock, and Brandon has trouble with it. When they see the other teams arrive, they decide to go for the Fast Forward. When they get to the FF, they find out that they have to shave their heads. They don't want to do that, so they head back to the roadblock and finish it. They finish the leg last and lose all their money.
Even funnier, imagine this scenerio -- after hemming and hawing (and praying for guidance) they go ahead and get shorne -- and still come in last. (Team Guido lives!)

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-04, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "#5"
I guess the powers that be truely are watching over Brandon and
Nicole. They are so lucky to be around after a second consecutive non-elimination ceremony.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •