The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Race for the Altar"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-31-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Race for the Altar"
Watched this last night (yep I have no life on Wed). Twasn't bad, twasn't good. May get interesting as some of the couples don't see to really like each other. Anyone else watching this?

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Race for the Altar Majic Mitch 07-31-03 1
 RE: Race for the Altar cqvenus 07-31-03 2
   RE: Race for the Altar Ahtumbreez 07-31-03 3
 RE: Race for the Altar okdebi 07-31-03 4
   RE: Race for the Altar Majic Mitch 07-31-03 5
 RE: Race for the Altar munson 07-31-03 6
   RE: Race for the Altar jase 07-31-03 7
       RE: Race for the Altar Draco Malfoy 08-01-03 8
 RE: Race for the Altar Loree 08-06-03 9
   RE: Race for the Altar Ahtumbreez 08-07-03 10
 The 08/06/03 episode Majic Mitch 08-07-03 11
   RE: The 08/06/03 episode kittyfelon 08-07-03 12
   RE: The 08/06/03 episode Loree 08-08-03 13
   RE: The 08/06/03 episode munson 08-08-03 14
 Coyt & Susan Loree 08-14-03 15
   RE: Coyt & Susan Draco Malfoy 08-14-03 16
       RE: Coyt & Susan Majic Mitch 08-14-03 17
 Who got booted lastnight? Loree 08-24-03 18
   RE: Who got booted lastnight? Draco Malfoy 08-25-03 19
       RE: Who got booted lastnight? Loree 08-25-03 20
           RE: Who got booted lastnight? Draco Malfoy 08-26-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-31-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Race for the Altar"
I watched. It was like the newlywed game meets couples fear factor. It was okay for a peek, but just IMHO, there wasn't really anything original or outstanding about it to make me watch or want more...

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Race for the Altar"
i watched it for the helicopter views of the las vegas strip. those were nice.

the couples crying when the other couple left was stupid. i'm quite certain they outed that particular couple b/c they were the cutest and would've won it all.

oh, well. i'll likely forget about this show by next week and never watch again. it wasn't spectacular. i would kill my bf if we were on it, tho. all those ques about prenups... we argue about prenups at least every 6 months and we aren't even engaged. marriage blows.

~ cq

07-31-03, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Race for the Altar"
*marriage blows
couldn't agree more, that's why my better half and I have lived in sin for over 11 years. Let me rephrase that to say we have blissfully lived in sin. Done the marriage things and it sucked.

okdebi 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-31-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Race for the Altar"
Okay, I'm coming out. I watched it also! Found it watchable and will probably watch every week since nothing is against it.

I thought the couples jumped into their alliances (they call it something else but I can't remember!) awfully quick. And so far, I think I like the doctor couple the least primarily because of the woman. She annoys me.

Debi

07-31-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Race for the Altar"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-03 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

They called it "commitments". Kinda freaks me out a little...

All these synonyms for alliance, kind of makes you wonder if there's some Prod Asst holding a Thesaurus looking up other names for an alliance:
The Mole had "coalitions".

Here are some more synonyms we may see on future reality series:
accord, affiliation, affinity, betrothal, bond, coherence, collaboration, collusion, combination, communion, compact, concord, concurrence, confederacy, confederation, congruity, conjunction, connection, consanguinity, cooperation, engagement, federation, fraternization, friendship, interrelation, kinship, league, marriage, matrimony, membership, mutuality, pact, participation, partnership, relation, support, tie, treaty, union

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-31-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Race for the Altar"
This show and these contestants have the potential to get real nasty.

Of course I'll be watching.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-31-03, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Race for the Altar"
I thought it was a pretty good show, but I couldn't understand why the one lady didn't want to sleep in the same bed with her soon-to-be husband? What's the deal with that? Also, I don't see the need for them to have two power couples when you're dealing with only 8 couples in the first place.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Race for the Altar"
>I thought it was a pretty
>good show, but I couldn't
>understand why the one lady
>didn't want to sleep in
>the same bed with her
>soon-to-be husband? What's the deal
>with that?

As hard as it is to believe, there are still some people that wait till marriage.

"For the last time, no you may NOT play pin the tail on our lord and savior." - Oh My Gods!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-03, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Race for the Altar"
I will be watching tonight. I am more interested in how many of these couples actually break up and never do get married. Last week I couldn't keep them straight. I just thought Coyt's partner (Susan?) freaked out and then he had to lie and protect themselves. They are an odd couple.

08-07-03, 07:01 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Race for the Altar"

08-07-03, 08:23 AM (EST)
11. "The 08/06/03 episode"
How stupid are Coyt and his paranoid partner? Winning both power couple positions, having to make an elimination decision by themselves. Then eliminating the most powerful couple of their alliance. Call me crazy, but I think the next time 'ol Coyt/Susan don't make the power position they are sooooo out.

kittyfelon 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-07-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kittyfelon Click to send private message to kittyfelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The 08/06/03 episode"
i agree!!! i am soooo mad. this was the first time i watched the show but i immediately liked becca and andy over any of the other couples. the black couple, not sure of their names, were also among my list of nice ones. i didnt like coyt and his fiancee from the start... and the fact that they voted off andy and becca... the nicest, most true-in-fact couple on the show, that posed absolutely NO THREAT!! and one of the things that drove me crazy when coyt and his girl went around to the rooms to talk to all the other couples... the first couple they spoke to. coyt said, if you were the power couple who would you vote off? and immediately the guy said, 'you guys.' coyt and woman took this as being honest and not another word was said about it. then the nasty spanish or indian chick or whatever she is points the finger to becca and andy, who never said anything about anyone? i hate this show! i'm never watching again!

08-08-03, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The 08/06/03 episode"
I am hoping that Coyt & Susan do not win either comp next week and get evicted. It would be fitting. I just don't like them.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-08-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The 08/06/03 episode"
I told you this had the potential to get nasty!

Coyt and Susan are the Colby Donaldson of this Race. Three out of four PC comps.

Shall we root against them until they are dumped by the rest of their commitment? Let's!

08-14-03, 03:22 AM (EST)
15. "Coyt & Susan"
Coyt & Susan are still winning. And I still don't like them. But I am getting bored with this show.

08-14-03, 06:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Coyt & Susan"
So is the rest of America. It's moving to Saturday nights at 10/9 central where it will die a quiet slow death.

"For the last time, no you may NOT play pin the tail on our lord and savior." - Oh My Gods!

08-14-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Coyt & Susan"
I like it right where it is. That's too bad about the move, because I won't be watching it then. (Saturdays, humpf...)

I do like Coyt and Susan. I like people who play to win. I thought they were a little cocky and stupid for being the "ONLY" Power Couple, making a solo decision. If you have the ability win everytime, do it, otherwise you have a big 'ol target on your back. I think in this particular game if a Coyt/Susan were to throw comps now, it wouldn't make them less threatening. I would say the first time they lose, they are out.

08-24-03, 09:16 AM (EST)
18. "Who got booted lastnight?"
My satellite dish was on the blink lastnight and I couldn't get the signal for NBC. Who were the power couples and who got booted?

08-25-03, 07:40 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Who got booted lastnight?"
Chris & Cindy were power couple #1 after a tiebreaker w/Susan & Coyt, and Tonya and Andree (who did not perform the first challenge because of Tonya's fear of heights) were PC #2.

Robert & Grace were stupidly eliminated. The PCs finally get the chance to eliminate Coyt & Susan and don't take it. That'll come back to haunt them.

Couples left:
Ethan & Carolyn
Coyt & Susan
Chris & Cindy
Tonya & Andree

Does anyone know what they're going to do when they get down to 3? Or is anyone else still watching?

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:334 Loss To Date:-5

08-25-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Who got booted lastnight?"
Thanks DM. I did find a site that had a review of the episode. But I still don't understand why they didn't take out Coyt and Susan when they finally had the chance. It may not happen again. What idiots. But then we have no idea how they actually pick the winners. Do they just win a final test or do they have to be voted the winners?

08-26-03, 07:25 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Who got booted lastnight?"
I actually kind of like this show, combining the "physical" challenges with "relationship" challenges is a nice twist, and it's nice to see a reality show with couples that isn't about breaking them up. But it doesn't seem the interest is there from the public, and the show itself doesn't seem terribly thought out. But what do you expect from a show that was most likely brought in as a quick hole-filler till the "real" season starts.

I do like the touch at the end of showing (most of) the couples' wedding plans. I do remember though that they didn't show even a sort of date for Andy and Becca's wedding. Weird.

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:329 Loss To Date:-10

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •