The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Possible News Article Spoiler..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Possible News Article Spoiler..."

I found this article posted over at Sucks spoilers interesting. I do not know if it is some kind of hoax. It's from the Toronto Star and was from 9-15-05. It notes some interesting things about some of the challenges and interesting to note that the producers placed fruit around for them to find....God knows they NEEDED it desparately. But there is some question as to the 40kg weight loss by a big "fat guy". This must be referring to Judd and a 40kg weight loss is equal to 88 pounds. This is a "guestimate on whoever's part that guessed. Is it possible?

To tell you the truth when I first heard this I balked! But an extreme weight loss could occur on a very large man with lots of weight to spare. I don't think it really could have been 88pounds, but I bet it could have been a 60+ pound weight loss, from someone like Judd. The extreme heat I think has more to do with it than anything.......the heat plus the extreme humidity could just do it.

Regardless, if Judd has an extreme weight loss like this he sure must make it to the F4....what do you think?

...food for thought...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... pmspml5 09-17-05 1
 RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... volsfan 09-17-05 2
   RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... Whole Lotta Rosie 09-17-05 3
       RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... Flowerpower 09-17-05 4
           RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... volsfan 09-17-05 5
               RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... Flowerpower 09-17-05 6
                   RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... volsfan 09-17-05 7
                   RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... PepeLePew13 09-17-05 8
                       RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... KLicK 09-17-05 9
                           RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... KLicK 09-17-05 11
                       RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... body 09-17-05 10
   RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... WaterDrop 09-18-05 13
 weight loss spoilers forehead 09-17-05 12
 RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... Skibum 09-18-05 14
   RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... QueenV 09-19-05 15
       RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... knuckles487 09-20-05 16
           RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... cadfile 09-20-05 17
 RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... Risti 09-20-05 18
   RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..... dabo 09-20-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-17-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
Actually in the opening credits the words key words from JP were on Judd and Gary. My guess right then was that at least one of them makes it to the end if not both.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
Well, the author is a free lancer as I did a search of her name and found another article written about a Mayan mine here.

The 88 pounds would be drastic for a man Judd's size IMHO. I wouldn't think he weighs more than 250 (would you?) and if he lost 88 pounds that would make him about 170 pounds.

Whole Lotta Rosie 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-17-05, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to send private message to Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
I think I saw the insider that he said he weighed 240. That would take him down to 152. Yikes.

09-17-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-05 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

Well, since this is a local being quoted and he is just making an eyeball guestimate, I am inclined to believe he is exagerating somewhat. But the gist of the matter is a fat man had an extreme weight loss. I'd say it still would be possible for a guy Judd's size, say 240, to have a 60 pound weight loss under extreme temperatures and humidity. But the real question is, is this local just having a little fun at our over eager expense?

ETA: spelling

09-17-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
I would buy a 60 pound loss but I don't think 80 pounds would be possible in the time frame...2 pounds a day if they made the end game. If I am not mistaken Dique said he lost over 40 pounds and he was a big guy to begin with but we don't know how much food these peeps are going to get versus how much fish Dique provided. I know the article said they would put fruit out for them to eat but I wonder if MB would do that?

We never heard of anything like that happening in Africa and they were in a terrible place.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

09-17-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
Vols, I can almost 100% bet that Dicque would have lost alot more weight had he been in Guatemala rather than a beach. At the beach the weather is always a little more temperate due to the ocean breezes and currents, and they could loll around for hours in the cooler ocean, whereas being inland with 100% humidity where the weather can get up to 120 degrees, and having NO place to cool off as all of the water sources have the danger of crocodiles....I think it would be like living in a sauna day in and day out with no place to cool down....sounds horrid! Did you see how soaking wet they all were in their clothes during the hike! This is going to be a nightmare and the ones with more muscle mass are going to be affected the most....this is the first Survivor that I'm glad I'm not on! Yikes!

09-17-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
I was strictly using Dique as a bench mark of how much weight a man that size has lost during this game. Like I said before, I am not sure that Survivor I would have had it easier because Dique was catching fish and they were eating...these peeps don't have that.

I would not have wanted to be in Africa either.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
And don't forget that Bobby Jon was a lot more wiped out and 'out of it' after the hike than at any time during his time in Vanuatu, plus he's not the type to overexaggerate pain or anything like that, so that tells me that it's a much rougher environment than either Vanuatu or Borneo (which would have similar climates).

I can totally buy someone like Judd losing 60 to 80 pounds in a place such as Guatemala if someone like a reasonably well-fed, well-fished Dicque can lose 40 in an easier setting like Borneo.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-17-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
I was searching the archives at SA for the Africa pre-season stuff. I seem to remember that Tom's weight loss was reported to be nearly 80 pounds and no one thought that was possible.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-17-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
I finally found a post dated December 2001 that indicates Tom's relative put his weight loss at 40 pounds while filming in Africa.

There is also a post earlier that year in which Keith's weight loss in Australia was 27 pounds.

body 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-17-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail body Click to send private message to body Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
its gonna be a great season. the local was most likely exagerating about the big guy. im sure if he lasts he will lose lots of weight an look like hes much thinner ,for the local to say that. pukum is in trouble puking on the ancient temple area , disrespecting the sacred land .lol. the gods wont want to help them much . lol . bj an steph won`t win . whats the point lol the tribes can manage without them. i like steph ,but they don`t belong with the newbies. allstars maybe lol. they wont get tossed right away but they will get tossed just the same .steph might make the jury even . can`t wait to see what happens next .just my opinon.ty all for the insight and thoughts .very interesting to read.flo ty too

WaterDrop 592 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-18-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WaterDrop Click to send private message to WaterDrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
88 pounds is kind of drastic, but the local may not be intentionally exaggerating. If he saw Judd on day 1 and thought he was fat, but then didn't see him again until say day 30, he may just see Judd as a lot skinnier than he was and guess that it was about 40 kg that he lost. And if he saw Judd every couple of days, it might be even harder to remember how large he really was. With only memory and no pictures to go on, it could be kind of hard to make an accurate guess as to how much Judd lost.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2005

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-17-05, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "weight loss spoilers"
Haven't had a chance to look at his yet. But just wanted to stress that there are weight loss spoilers "in game" and weight loss spoilers "on return". One might lose a lot in game, yet regain a lot in LL.

However, weight loss spoilers can be substantial. Thailand was an extreme example - weight loss spoilers gave a clear indication that the final 5 would be from the old bunch picked by Jan:

http://www.survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=s5_spoilers

On Ted: "He left weighing about 320 and got down to like 265."

forehead

Skibum 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-18-05, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skibum Click to send private message to Skibum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
Hi! My first post -- I've been reading these boards for two years now, but finally thought I had something to share. It looks like you guys beat me to it. I was reading the Toronto Star, as I live just north of TO and cut out the article this morning. I was all set to send it in, but then, when I checked the boards, here it already was...
I'm glad someone found it, though!
You guys do an awesome analysis of this show. Keep up the good work!

QueenV 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-19-05, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail QueenV Click to send private message to QueenV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
Did y'all notice...."No Hunting or Cutting of Vegitation"...What the heck was MB thinking?!? That can't be right.

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History"

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
In the vidio titled "Tired and Thirsty" on the CBS site, Judd is busy complaining about Blake being sick and says, "Heck, I'm 240 but I pull my own weight. I hope he isn't sick every day."

That isn't word for word, but pretty close. At any rate, he says he weighs 240, so an 88 pound loss would be pretty extreme.

cadfile 176 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 03:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cadfile Click to send private message to cadfile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
I've been a big guy for sometime.

In high school I played football. We had physical training in the heat and humidity of July and I lost 20 lbs in water alone in 2 weeks of PT.

While I don't think the loss could be 88 lbs it is possible to have a serious loss due to loss of water and lack of calories ON TOP of the hard challenges.

I use to be a photon in the wavelength continuum, but now I wear pants and talk.

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 03:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
Just wanted to add... I'm Canadian... so technically, we use the metric scale to measure things like weight, ie., kilograms.

With that said, I have no clue how many kilograms I am, but I do know approx. how many pounds I weigh. (Too many!)

My point? The 'about 40 kilograms' is outside of the quotation marks. I hate to call into question a reporter I know nothing about, but the fact that it's outside of quotation marks makes me think some sort of conversion was done. My understanding is that most nations outside of the US use metric, so my guess would be that whatever weight the local would have said would have either been in metric, or some other form of (local) measurement all together.

In other words, the reporter converted it into pounds, because that's the only thing 75% of Canadians would understand, but then slipped and typed in kilograms.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Possible News Article Spoiler..."
1 kilogram = 2.2 pounds

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •