The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-05, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
Thanks to Fever for the vid caps. I have tried to include all of them.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Flowerpower 09-17-05 1
   RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 volsfan 09-17-05 2
       RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Flowerpower 09-17-05 3
           RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 PepeLePew13 09-17-05 4
               RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Flowerpower 09-17-05 5
               RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 volsfan 09-17-05 6
                   RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Flowerpower 09-17-05 7
 RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 pmspml5 09-17-05 8
   RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 volsfan 09-17-05 9
       RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Flowerpower 09-18-05 13
 Opening Sequence Analysis volsfan 09-17-05 10
 RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 MJewel 09-17-05 11
   RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 knuckles487 09-18-05 12
       RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 kary1371 09-18-05 14
           RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 kingfish 09-18-05 15
           RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Peachezz 09-18-05 17
       RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Jerrethan 09-18-05 16
           RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Flowerpower 09-18-05 18
 Gary vs. Judd gif Flowerpower 09-18-05 19
 Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Flowerpower 09-19-05 20
   RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh pmspml5 09-19-05 21
       RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Brownroach 09-19-05 22
           RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh pmspml5 09-19-05 23
               RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Flowerpower 09-19-05 24
                   RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh volsfan 09-19-05 25
                       RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh pmspml5 09-19-05 26
                           RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh volsfan 09-19-05 27
                               RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Flowerpower 09-19-05 28
                                   RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh volsfan 09-19-05 29
                                       RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Flowerpower 09-19-05 32
                                           RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Scarlett O Hara 09-19-05 37
                                               RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh pmspml5 09-19-05 41
                                           RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh body 09-21-05 56
                                               RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh body 09-21-05 57
                               RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Brownroach 09-19-05 30
                                   RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Flowerpower 09-19-05 33
                                       RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Brownroach 09-19-05 34
                                           RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh volsfan 09-19-05 38
                                               RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Brownroach 09-19-05 39
                                                   RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Flowerpower 09-19-05 42
                                                   RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh Peachezz 09-20-05 47
                                                       RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh body 09-20-05 54
                   RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh body 09-20-05 55
 RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 MJewel 09-19-05 31
   RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Corvis 09-19-05 35
       RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 LookeeLoo 09-19-05 43
           RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Georgianna 09-19-05 44
 RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 MJewel 09-19-05 36
 RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2 Colbys_Chick 09-19-05 40
 More Vid Caps Flowerpower 09-20-05 45
   RE: More Vid Caps volsfan 09-20-05 50
 CBS EyeMail... Brownroach 09-20-05 46
   RE: CBS EyeMail... kingfish 09-20-05 48
       RE: CBS EyeMail... Brownroach 09-20-05 49
           RE: CBS EyeMail... kingfish 09-20-05 51
       RE: CBS EyeMail... Flowerpower 09-20-05 52
           RE: CBS EyeMail... kingfish 09-20-05 53

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-05, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
Thanks for bringing these over Vols, and SO glad to see you!
I'll take a crack at these! Obviously there are caps of the 2 challenges. I can't see clearly enough to locate the idol so I don't know which one is which. I'll start with the obstacle course. This challenge is an obstacle course as there are multiple tasks that they do, and it looks as though they are paired off to do it. First we see I think Jamie and ?BJ? at the start as they sprint a distance....judging from how high Jamie's knees are, I'm wondering if they have to jump some kind of hurdles through this sprint area? It also appears to me that BJ could be tripping over his hurdle?

Next there is a rope dome over water, where they have to climb and retrieve their bag that is hooked in the dome somewhere....I think the bag may contain puzzle pieces that they will have to complete as a team at the end of the course. If they fall in they must be penalized somehow(go back to start of dome, or perhaps restart the course?)

Here's Brandon retrieving his bag:

...and here's Gary falling in...

Here's another part of the course where they scale a rope, but could this be a zip line? Note it's over water too...

Then there is a go under the logs part too....here's Rafe:

Now I think that this is Ami and her bathing suit sitting out this challenge....you can see her here:

Now for the mud challenge. This is obviously a tug of war challenge with bungee cords. Survivors maybe have to reach various markers on the perimeter, perhaps when they reach one they can free themselves from the group and go and get someone out on the other team? We see them starting out together, then we have Brian going after Danni:

Then we have Gary going after Judd, but most of the field seems to be cleared, so perhaps the others have gotten out...Note that Judd looks to be assuming a wrestling stance...

Then we have this picture:

...now, who do you think wins this challenge?

Just wanted to add that I think this is Brianna sitting out the mud challenge, seated close to Jiffy...

09-17-05, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
Thanks FP!

I think the mud challenge could very well be for immunity. Isn't the II just to our right of Jiffy in this vic cap?

09-17-05, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
Definately is a possibility, Vols. I think you may be right! We need Sylvester the cat to come and blow these up, or anyone else if they can do it! One things for sure, there is definately something sitting on top of that pot!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
Hard to say after blowing it up and tweaking with the colours, contrast and using the sharpen filter a couple of times. I don't see anything 'definitive' about what it is besides Jiffy.

There aren't any dark or grey shapes that stand out from the rest when I used the colour masking option.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

09-17-05, 09:10 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-05 AT 09:14 AM (EST)

Thanks Pepe! Awesome job. I know it's not quite definitive but it's the right size, the right color....can't say that it isn't indeed the II!

In fact if I were a betting woman, my money would be on Nakum winning the II in the mud challenge! Leaving poor Blake to suffer another three days! Now, who could be in trouble over on the Yaxha tribe? Ami....Lydia....Gary.....Brian(sure would love to see some drama at TC next week if Brian were to be blindsided! Ha!

09-17-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
Historically the only thing Jiffy has by his side is the II or the reward they are playing for. Whatever that item is looks to be about the size of the II. It doesn't look like a food item but this early in the game I would think reward would be more like pillows, blankets or something along those lines.

Thanks Pepe for the analysis!

09-17-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-05 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

Pics of Idol for comparison:

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-17-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-05 AT 02:18 PM (EST)

Some more thoughts on the pics and challenges

If you look in the lower left corner you can see that the ropes area is starting there. I am wondering if they are jumping down from the logs to go under the ropes - or just trying to stay out of the muck as much as possible. I dont see any "ripples" in the water behind them to indicate that had been running thru the water.

In this shot there is no one sitting on the bench - however

This this shot there is - also in this shot you can see that the yellow tribe is attached to a pole in the middle - not to the other team. Also in one pre-show quote JP says something about going out digging down in the mud. I think they have to go out dig down in the mud a get a key that will release them or another team mate from bunjies. Then they are allowed to try to pull someone from the other side in an effort to keep them from getting their key or something (not sure yet).

I just think they are digging down for the "key".

Gary is clearly unlocked from his side and on the other side - but I think Jude is still digging for his "key" here. I just cant figure out if he is still attached since his bungie is loose and "appears" to be in the opposite direction of the middle.

Someone else said:

"This is a shot of Brandon and Judd back at camp, post challenge. You can see palm fronds on their shelter along with their banner back at camp! - I disagree the banner in the background is blue so it is at the challenge.

I think they are looking down because someone might be hurt.

Also there is no Gary and one other player missing in this shot. I think the rest of them have been "taken out" of the challenge. JP suggest that in one challenge (that we were suppose to see first night per JP but he could have been wrong on the day) he stops the challenge to double check to see if someone is ok or not. The blue tribe is worried but in my opinion not upset at loosing and not upset enough that it is one of their own players. They are just "waiting" for something to happen.

I think they restart it somehow - it would explain why Jude seems to still be tied but at the wrong end and Gary is untied. I do think that it is a Jude/Gary battle to see which tribe wins - and Jude is victorious.

09-17-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
Both challenges are confusing to me. However, what you say about the bunjee cord one makes sense. The first challenge (in the pics) obstacle course appears to have each one go down the row and make it to the spider web thingy where I think they have to release a weight before returning to the start. In this pic you can see the different color weights (I think):

Here is why I think they have to return to the start because Lydia is running away from the spider thingy:

Handcrafted by RollDdice

09-18-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-05 AT 11:00 AM (EST)

Vols, You are right. I think that the Survivors run the obstacle course in pairs. Each Survivor has to race to get their colored bag from the rope dome, then do the rest of the obstacle course and return to the start area where the next Survivor on their tribe can go, once the Survivor has returned with the bag. I think there may be puzzle pieces in the bags, so when they have all completed the course they can then dump the pieces out, and the first tribe to complete the puzzle wins.

I think they start out having to run a distance to the first obstacle, where we see Jamie and ?BJ/Blake dashing through to get the the rope dome that is over water. Then climb the rope dome, detach the colored bag and then get off the rope dome to another area to do the next obstacle. Note we see Rafe here and the rope dome is behind him...

Once they have completed all of the obstacles, as Vols noted, they have to return to the start so the next survivor can go. Here's Lydia returning to the start after completing the course:

Note that in this pic Lydia is ahead for her team as Jiffy is looking behind her at someone else who may be on the rope dome....she's either ahead in this shot or very far behind....I think she may be ahead...

*ETA: Perhaps the rope dome is in the center with all of the other obstacles coming off it, and everytime the survivor completes one section of the course, they have to scale the rope dome again to get to the next section....this could explain why we see Rafe starting to go under the logs with the dome behind him and we see Lydia with a different section beside her while the rope dome is behind her as well.

Immunity Challenge:

Now as for the IC, the mud challenge. I think at the beginning we have the tribes tied to each other with bungee cord. They must go to the markers and retrieve something, maybe dig something up at the markers. Which ever team has the most markers in a given time may win. But, I don't know what they are retrieving? And I think that the survivors can also do things to thwart the other team by going after them, as we see Brian going after Danny. If they are succussful in "getting them", then the survivor is out?

At any rate when we see Gary and Judd, this could be a tie breaking round. Each team picks their strongest member to compete. I can see in this pic that they are both tethered to a line.....look closely to Judd and his leg extension in this shot and you'll see he does have a muddy line attached to him:

I think at the beginning of the tie breaking round they are both tethered to a line at the middle of the mud ring, and they have to race to their designated areas to search for something buried in the mud. Gary runs to his end and Judd to his. However, perhaps Judd finds what he's looking for first and Gary notes this, while he has still not found what he needs so in an effort to thwart Judd from winning he goes and tackles him to stop him from reaching what ever it is he needs to reach?

Well....just some theories! I still think Judd and the Nakums will indeed win the IC and send Yaxha to TC

09-17-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
10. "Opening Sequence Analysis"
I didn't want to start a new thread for this but the opening sequence may give us some hints as to who is safe this coming episode. We now know that there are mud type challenges in the upcoming episode and in the opening sequence we are shown a few of the peeps in a water challenge: (thanks to Fever for the pics)

There are also some from what I think will be this coming episode:

Then we have a couple from the first episode:

There are a few that I am not sure on:

MJewel 1951 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-17-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MJewel Click to send private message to MJewel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-05 AT 07:43 PM (EST)

That's a really good observation Vols. I don't post a lot but I am going to try to more. The picture of Brian looks to me like it is from when Yaxha was building their shelter as he has those palms or whatever they are called in his hands.

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-05 AT 09:21 AM (EST)

Looking at the pics of Judd, I don't think we can conclude that he beat Gary in the mudpit as was speculated a little farther up the thread.

The shirt he is wearing in pic #6

is the same as the shirt he has on in pics 59 and 60.

He has the same shirt on in the pic of him and Brandon together either at the challenge or back at camp, probably still at the challenge.

But in the pic of him with his arms raised as if in victory, that sure looks like a different shirt to me. Different color, and not as dirty as before.

I could be way off but to me it sure looks like that raised arm pic is from something else. Although Judd might beat Gary in the mud, I don't know that we can conclude that from those pics can we?

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-18-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
It seems to me like it's the same shirt but on the last one his face is dirty and we don't see his tribe band which is close to his face in the other one, so it could be at different time...

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-05 AT 08:50 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-18-05 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

I think you are wrong (knucks). How many shirts could they have? Only what they wore, if smart they had a L sleeve shirt over a S sleeve/tee, (despite the heat) but none of them carried personal baggage, so, like most Survivor episodes they no changes. When survivors are voted off they sometimes leave stuff, and there are rewards that involve material, maybe clothing. But for a while, Judd will either have a skin shirt or that Blue/blue tee.

EDIT: OK, in the early picts they each clearly have a little personal pouch with (presumably) minimum clothing changes. Judd could have another Tee.

If smart, they also had swim suit under shorts/ or light long pants. And with practical U-wear.

Some of those picts had color manips, note the blue mud.

Peachezz 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-18-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peachezz Click to send private message to Peachezz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-05 AT 02:34 PM (EST)

I think this picture shows the tribal buff pushed up farther on the head, but it is from the same challenge - the tug-o-war challenge. I agree it is the same shirt - just different lighting.

Edited to clarify my thoughts. Hope I accomplished that.

Jerrethan 51 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jerrethan Click to send private message to Jerrethan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
What if that picture was taken right after Judd got trapped in the sand and then managed to get out of there? (during the 11 mile hike)

09-18-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
Here's a shot of Judd after the premature evacuation:

and for comparison:

IMHO, these are from 2 different times....

09-18-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
19. "Gary vs. Judd gif"
Thanks to quartzeye at sucks for this gif:

You can see that this is when Gary and Judd are left to battle it out. I think that they are both started in the middle and race to find something and get back to their end. They both set out and go to their sides, and Judd finds what he needs quicker, so Gary is forced to change his strategy and try to prevent Judd from reaching the end. He tackles him and is unsuccessful from preventing Judd from reaching his goal. Here we see Gary laying on top of Judd, while Judd uses his legs to propel himself forward, eventually reaching his goal....

09-19-05, 07:53 AM (EST)
20. "Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
Garbotalk over at Sucks has totally cracked the Mud Challenge case! Check it out here!

It's the ole childhood game we all played, Capture the flag! Brian may be the first to lose his flag for Yaxha from Danni! Go Football Chic! It all comes down to Gary vs. Judd and we know that Judd is reaching the end! Nakum VICTORY!

Excellent job, Garbo! Thanks

There is no way Gary will get the boot this week as he Yaxha's strongest member....think weak and maybe a little obnoxious....

09-19-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
FP - I disagree totally with Garbos thought that the 2 tribes are pulling eachother at the beginning - you can clearly see that they are tied to poles - not each other.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
Yes, both tribes are initially tied to posts. The theory that they have to first pull themselves backward and burrow in the mud to find something (or things) makes more sense to me.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

09-19-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 11:29 AM (EST)

I also think that I am going out on a limb and now changing my mind that Gary wins this not Judd.

1. Judd is still attached to his bungie on the yellow side - but Gary has already found whatever it is he needs to undo himself and cross sides. The theory that Gary crosses sides to keep Judd from finding whatever it is makes no sense. If Gary had not already found his - he would still be attached and could not cross sides.

2. In the gif above - it is pretty clear that Gary has his hands around Judd at the beginning and is attempting to "lift" him. I think Judd is trying to stay low to prevent it.

Edited to add - if you look close at the very end. It looks like Judd's head is turning back toward the middle in an attempt to go the other way.

My theory is that the bungies are attached to their own end of the court (Judds bungie is not muddy - and is definately attached at his end). You must get the person from the other side back across their line. Gary gets untied first and gets Judd across - winning it for his tribe.

09-19-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
Oh Pms, this is a tough one! I just don't know. Perhaps the two at the end, Gary and Judd have to try and reach their flags first, Judd, somehow is winning and Gary takes a defensive strategy to prevent it. I do see Judd succeeding, but I am still certainly open to suggestion!

SamBuru over at Sucks added this pic which shows that the two are actually connected to each other...

09-19-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
What is the "clean rope anchored at the flags" for?

I am sort of leaning to what PMS is saying but I too am up for discussion on it.

09-19-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
If the "clean rope" is anchored to the flag - where is Gary's clean rope - there isnt one - he has become unattached to it somehow - which puts him ahead of - not behind Judd. There is not way - one of them is connected at the flags and the other one isnt. Also - Gary's cord is way to loose to still be attached somehow. You can make out what looks to be the "dirty" rope attaching them together - but Gary's blue cord is definately gone. Judd's celebration shots might be shots of them getting to a "tie-breaker" remember there are 8 players so it could end up 4-4 and his celebration could be before the finals not afterward.

My gut tells me that those celebration pictures are misdirection but I could be wrong. I just cant get over the fact that Gary is unattached to his cord and Judd is clearly not.

09-19-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
I think the shot of Gary running towards Judd makes it appear to me that he is not attached to his cord. However, in this shot I think it looks like the clean rope is attached to Judd's knee...look at the bend of his knee.

I agree that there is no way one is attached at the flag and the other isn't. Also PMS, do you think the final two will be the winner from each side? Like we see them all attached at the middle of the mud pulling away. So, does only one of them find something in the mud that moves them to the finale?

Also, if this is IC will there be an individual immunity? Fever is speculating that the mud challenge is for immunity.

09-19-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

We are all speculating that the mud challenge is for immunity as the idol is seen on the cauldron behind Jiffy. This is for tribal immunity as the entire tribes are seen in the beginning of the challenge. Perhaps Gary and Judd are the last ones remaining for their tribes, or perhaps there was a tie and the tribes selected their strongest players to battle it out in the tie breaking round.

09-19-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
I wonder if the final win immunity but they battle it out to see which tribe wins immunity. For instance if Gary wins against Judd his entire tribe wins immunity but Gary has individual immunity.

I think that is the II on the cauldron too but some are saying it isn't for sure.

09-19-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
Exactly, it comes down to Gary vs. Judd but it indeed is for tribal immunity. Vols, I really think that is the idol on the cauldron!

I question whether or not that bright yellow rope is even connected to Judd at all....

Note these caps: Clearly you can see the blue buff (flag) on Gary's waist band as Jiffy calls out in the promo, "Gary's going for Judd!"

Then here are the shots of Gary reaching Judd, I don't think it's attached to him at all....

I think he's just holding the end of it....don't see it attached to his waist or anywhere else? What else could be Gary's intention in tackling Judd, it just seems as though he is trying to prevent him from reaching a destination......or is he going after his(Judd's) flag/buff to win it? I really am reaching!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
I have to agree with FP here. I don't think Gary would be "tackling" Judd if he didn't want to "stop" him from doing something, and stop him from doing it pretty quickly. Otherwise, he may just pick up his rope and start pulling on it. I think Gary is trying to prevent Judd from "winning." FWIW.

09-19-05, 05:17 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

Look at the team mates in the background of both those pictures. The Blue tribe is yelling and excited - in the background of the second one - there is a guy from the yellow tribe with his hand on his head sitting down - sorry - but I will disagree again with you. I still say that Gary wins - and I could go down in flames but that is the only thing that makes any sense to me. In the actual moving preview (which I dont seem to be able to load anymore) Judd is still attached to his rope IMHO

body 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-21-05, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail body Click to send private message to body Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
>Exactly, it comes down to Gary
>vs. Judd but it indeed
>is for tribal immunity. Vols,
>I really think that is
>the idol on the cauldron!
>
>
>I question whether or not that
>bright yellow rope is even
>connected to Judd at all....
>
>
>Note these caps: Clearly you can
>see the blue buff (flag)
>on Gary's waist band as
>Jiffy calls out in the
>promo, "Gary's going for Judd!"
>
>
>
>
>Then here are the shots of
>Gary reaching Judd, I don't
>think it's attached to him
>at all....
>
>
>
>
>I think he's just holding the
>end of it....don't see it
>attached to his waist or
>anywhere else? What else could
>be Gary's intention in tackling
>Judd, it just seems as
>though he is trying to
>prevent him from reaching a
>destination......or is he going after
>his(Judd's) flag/buff to win it?
> I really am reaching!
> here in these pics you can clearly see judd defending the clean rope by turning around an falling on it .what do you think?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

09-21-05, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail body Click to send private message to body Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
sorry flower i`m new at this lol. but read my posts about judd in defense mode there .

09-19-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
I am getting the feeling that the Gary/Judd competition works differently than the previous rounds.

It does look like Judd is attached to the clean rope that goes back to the flags, but no one is attached to those ropes in the other segments we see. So the final round may be that each starts out attached to that rope, plus there is a rope connecting the two of them. You can either play offense by disconnecting from your own flag's rope and going after the other person's flag (which is what it appears Gary is doing) or try to prevent the other person from getting to your own flag (which is what it appears Judd is doing).

Does that make any sense, LOL? I dunno.

09-19-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
BR, thank you, it does indeed make sense! Now, in this scenario with Gary perhaps playing defensively and Judd playing offensively, who is your money on?

09-19-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
Seriously -- I don't know.

09-19-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
I understand what you are saying BR *points up* and I agree. The only issue I was bringing up about the ropes was whether they were attached. In this pic:

Everyone is tethered by very thick ropes very similar to the one that is attached to the flag that some are saying isn't attached to Judd in the pic of him being jumped.

I can't tell and I don't think it is conclusive either way and I don't know which man would win in the end either.

09-19-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 05:21 PM (EST)

From the other things we've been shown in the previews and told in the misdirection, I'm still more inclined to say that Nakum is going to TC again. Which would mean Gary wins if this is the IC. But I agree the caps themselves are inconclusive.

ETA: Just wanted to point out: the "clean" ropes are there at the beginning of the challenge; Yaxha's is visible in the cap you posted. So they must not come into play until the final round. And I also changed my mind about it being attached to Judd at the end; if it were, certainly at least parts of it would have gotten dirty with him stumbling around in the mud, but it still looks pristine. I think he is picking up the end of the rope, for whatever reason, when Gary tackles him.

09-19-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
Well, I'll have to admit this is a tough one and I agree, these vidcaps are inconclusive. The pic of Judd with his arms up from the introductory clips could be with the completion of round one in this challenge. I can really see it both ways....Gary switching from an offense to a defense to prevent Judd from getting where he has to go(as we see in the gif that Judd is moving forward with Gary all over him trying to detain him). I also see that if they both had to get to their end and then they could detach themselves and then they could go attack the other and get their flag/buff or whatever.....in the latter scenario it sure would look as if Gary would win it....so...

This leads me back to the misdirection as BR notes, but I really can't help but think all of the Blake's down and out is the misdirection and that it will indeed be Yaxha heading to their first TC. Us being shown the very sick Blake has all of us thinking it will be him on a silver platter, but I think that's the big misdirection. Blake will be left to suffer longer, as we know if the Nakum's went to TC, that surely he would get the mercy boot....FWIW! Of course they could always call the quit helicopter to come and get him as he's now on death's door....maybe EPMB will put in another cameo!

PS. Pms, I do see the Yaxha's yelling behind Gary as he starts to run toward Judd, but for the life of me, I see none of the Nakum's anywhere on the sidelines? Where are you seeing them?

Peachezz 60 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peachezz Click to send private message to Peachezz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-05 AT 02:43 PM (EST)

Here is Judd with arms up in 'victory' stance. He has mud on his nose. He has his cap on and the buff on top of that.

Here is Judd with mud on him. There is no mud on his nose. He has his cap on and the buff on top of that. He is looking unhappy. Not like he has won anything.

You can see that Judd has lost his cap in this picture where he is struggling and seemingly making his way to the edge of the mud pit with Gary on top of him.

I can't see Judd picking up a muddy hat and putting back on top of his head after this struggle. Also, his hat doesn't look that muddy in the first two pictures. So it would seem that this is a struggle that takes place after the first two shots of Judd. I don't know who wins. Maybe Judd really does win and we are shown a victory stance with the cap on just to let us know who wins. But, I think if Judd wins after this animation where his hat is off, then there is a different shot of victory with his hat off that isn't given to us. Maybe MB is showing us the victor at a time before the final struggle just to show us who wins. As someone said, we usually are given pretty easy clues the first two episodes.

Edited to add another thought. Maybe if Gary can get the flag off Judd before Judd reaches the edge of the pit, Gary wins.

09-20-05, 11:50 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
i think it is judd defending the clean rope from gary by falling on it .gary needs to attach himself to the rope .an grab the flag. just my opinion. gary wins.

09-20-05, 11:59 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Capture the Flag!!!!!......d'oh"
i think its pretty clear judd is laying on the clean rope so gary can`t get it on him.gary needs to attach himself to it an possibly win it . gary does look like hes trying to lift judd up off the rope no? what do you think ?

09-19-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MJewel Click to send private message to MJewel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
Biancaxxx at sucks is speculating that Yaxha may win reward as from this pic that shows possibly 4 people out in a canoe fishing. As there is only 4 in the canoe they would not be returning from a challenge or going to TC. She also says that she thinks the canoe looks slightly blue. TDT is speculating that fishing gear may be the reward.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
I thought Jeff specifically said no fishing this season. It was in reference to Lydia being a fishmonger and not being able to use her skills.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-19-05, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
I tried to find the comment, but couldn't. What I think Jeff means is that there will be no swimming which enables the use of the sling to fish with. In other words, the sling will not be a useful fishing tool because it is meant to be used under water.

It sure looks to me like they have a huge body of water they can fish in, if they stay in the boats and use lures...

LookeeLoo

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-05, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 10:23 PM (EST)

Jeff Probst quotes (and others): Post #4 by Brownroach

Jeff: "Lydia Morales is from Lakewood Washington, originally from Okinawa. She's a fishmonger. She can slice, dice, do everything with a fish. The only unfortunate thing for Lydia is that the place they're at, there are fish but they are located in a lake that is muddy and full of crocodiles. Fishing is not going to be like Palau. It's fair to say that Palau was like a vacation compared to Guatemala. It's hot, averaging maybe 105 a day, it got up to 120. It's humid. The mosquitoes are ridiculous. The lake is full of crocodiles, they are given corn to eat ... "

PS: Now the questions become: If he is paddling about in a large lake, is snaring or netting (and then severely bludgeoning) a corn-fed croc hunting or fishing? Are there such things as croc pots? And is corn a legal bait in Guatemala? ...

09-19-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
I don't know but if it is fishing gear it would make sense why there would be four people in the canoe instead of all of them.

Colbys_Chick 31 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colbys_Chick Click to send private message to Colbys_Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Web Promo Vid Caps Epsisode 2"
I can't figure out what goes on, but I really think Judd wins!

09-20-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
45. "More Vid Caps"
More vidcaps from SPhoenix:

If you look at caps 10-20 you can see that Judd is indeed making progress toward the end of the field towards the flags. He is clearly gaining ground as he is using the clean yellow rope to pull/propel himself toward his goal. I see Gary trying to use all of his might in preventing him from gaining ground unsuccessfully.

Then when you look at the whole segment it seems as though it's all about the football star FALLING SHORT....unable to hold Judd back and then falling in on the rope challenge. This commercial is all one BIG misdirection to me. It screams that Gary is letting his tribe down and therefore he could be TOAST......all misdirection, IMO, Gary isn't going anywhere....someone weaker on the tribe will....just my 2 cents.

09-20-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
50. "RE: More Vid Caps"
The only thing I can tell from these vidcaps is that Gary is still tethered to the rope. Now, I don't know if the end of the rope is still attached to something at the other end but the "dirty" rope is clearly still around his mid-section.

09-20-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
46. "CBS EyeMail..."
...has a solo shot of Blake and group shot of Yaxha. Scroll down:

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1215#eye

09-20-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: CBS EyeMail..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-05 AT 03:20 PM (EST)

Thanks for the Caps and the Eyemail (saves us lazy jerks the effort). The last CBS statement,

"And, the second member is voted out of the tribe."

That statement indicates that Nakum goes to TC. If not, then this is not just misdirection, it's outright CBS lying. Wouldn't be the first time, and doesn't mean it's not this time, just that that what it is, and could weigh against spec. that Yaxha goes to TC.

Of course, it could just be poor english.

What's the eyemail theory? the featured person goes Next Week?

ETA; Also, in the Gary vs Bubba Judd deal, Judd isn't using the rope to pull himself, at least not the clean rope. I does however appear that whatever is happening, Judd wins this confrontation. But I think it would be a mistake to assume that this is the culmination of the challenge, it could just be one of several matches, similar to the series of one-on-one matches on the platform in the water at Palau.

09-20-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
49. "RE: CBS EyeMail..."
FP started a separate thread for the EyeMail so maybe we should discuss it there. But emydi's theory was that the bootee is shown in that week's EyeMail. It's been true a lot of the time, not sure if all the time.

"And, the second member is voted out of the tribe."

This means nothing, they've phrased it like this since forever. "...voted out of the game" would be more accurate but they always say "tribe".

09-20-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
51. "RE: CBS EyeMail..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-05 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

You're right, I'll respond over there. her thread look so lonely.

ETA; nevermind, you're probably right.

09-20-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
52. "RE: CBS EyeMail..."
Also, in the Gary vs Bubba Judd deal, Judd isn't using the rope to pull himself, at least not the clean rope.

I don't know Kingfish, sure looks like Judd is latched onto that taught yellow rope...

09-20-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
53. "RE: CBS EyeMail..."
Upon further review, I agree. I had confused Garys hands with Judds'and thought I saw hands without ropes. Something about that pic looks odd, though, the rope/bungi seems too thick, almost like a pole.

Why is it clean, has Gary been knocking them off one by one, and this is Judds first time in the pit? Is Judd a neat freak and has been cleaning his cord between matches?

Whatever, Judd does seems to prevail in the one-on-one.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •