The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Key Quotes "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Key Quotes "

Every season there seams to be one key quote that points to the winner, and when we miss it, we smack our heads and go D'oh! I was curious to see what quotes people picked up on tonight.
A few that caught my attention were:

--BJ: "I felt like a million bucks at the beginning of the race." and at TC: "Not too many people get a second shot a million bucks."

--Lydia: (To Stephenie) You're the whole reason I'm here. (That screamed foreshawdowing to me...)

--Stephenie: *You're only as strong as your weakest link.
*I'm finally on a tribe that has as much heart and
determination as I do.

~Apologies in advance if I took started this thread from someone who normally starts it. I was just eager to get the ball rolling on this season!

--this is my first ever thread in spoilers...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Key Quotes Flowerpower 09-16-05 1
   RE: Key Quotes PepeLePew13 09-16-05 3
 RE: Key Quotes PhillyBrat 09-16-05 2
   RE: Key Quotes Corvis 09-16-05 7
 RE: Key Quotes LibraRising 09-16-05 4
   RE: Key Quotes Brownroach 09-16-05 5
       RE: Key Quotes LibraRising 09-16-05 6
       RE: Key Quotes Flowerpower 09-16-05 9
           RE: Key Quotes Brownroach 09-16-05 10
           RE: Key Quotes Flamingo12a 09-16-05 14
   RE: Key Quotes Colbys_Chick 09-16-05 8
 RE: Key Quotes udg 09-16-05 11
   RE: Key Quotes KLicK 09-16-05 12
   RE: Key Quotes buckeyegirl 09-16-05 13
 RE: Key Quotes KeithFan 09-16-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Key Quotes "
Hi Buckeye Girl! Yes, you honed in on some key quotes alright! Interesting to note the "you're only as strong as your weakest link" quote from Steph was in regard to Lydia and Ami. A few others that caught my interest were when Brandon said.."when was the last time I hiked eleven miles...NEVER!" And then the camera follows him as he falls flat on his A*S!

Another from Judd when he said, "11 miles in the jungle, I'm a doorman in New York....I never went camping".

Another perhaps key quote from Rafe, and I don't recall the exact words but it was after they placed second in the first challenge. He made a reference before the IC like..."The Yaxha Spirit...that's all we've got left!"

One from Margaret: "The big strong guys are all down, and the girls are holding up so well!" Another from Margaret: "It's all about who can help carry this team forward"....(just wanted to add that I thought to myself, "Why you can, Margaret!"

Thanks BuckeyeGirl!

fp

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Key Quotes "

>One from Margaret: "The big strong
>guys are all down, and
>the girls are holding up
>so well!" Another from Margaret:

This pretty much screams to me that the winner this season will be a woman as all the guys are metaphorically falling down around them.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Key Quotes "
I Clearly remember Margaret saying something along the lines of

"Half of this tribe isn't going to make it"

When talking about the guys being sick.. however I think it is just great forshadow for the game.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-16-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Key Quotes "
Actually, it was Brandon who made that comment.

Margaret did talk about how it was hard to strategize when a third of the tribe was flat on their backs.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-16-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Key Quotes "
When Stephenie joined his tribe, Jamie said something along the lines of: "How can I win a million buck when she's here?"

Could he have a hand in getting rid of her, or perhaps, she fulfills the quote and stops him from getting a million bucks?

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Key Quotes "
LR, do remember what all the reaction quotes to Stephenie and Bobby Jon were? Each got three -- two positive and one negative.

Brian said "I lvoe Stephenie!" and one of the girls (Morgan?) also said something nice about her, then came Jamie's quote.

Danni said Bobby Jon would be nice eye candy or something like that, and Brandon at the end said Bobby Jon struck him as being dumb. Who was the third person to react to BJ and what did they say?

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-16-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Key Quotes "
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 12:40 PM (EST)

Hmm. No, but I have it on tape. I'll look at it again when I get home from work, if no one else posts it before then.

eta: I do remember Danni saying that she was glad to have Bobby Jon instead of Steph because a man is so much stronger than a woman. We saw how well that worked out.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Key Quotes "
Brianna was the other positive reaction to Steph saying how she cried and how inspirational she is, and then Jamie's negative comment, and Danni commented on BJ as eye candy, and Cindy said something like it's wonderful to have BJ as he won't quit for anything and he won't ever disappoint and then Brandon said something like, yeah, he's a tough worker but he's dumb....

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Key Quotes "
Thanks, FP and LR, I do remember that now.

And Steph also had Lydia saying to her "you're the reason I'm here!" Putting BJ's illness aside, it seemed to me that Stephenie got off to a more positive edit than BJ. I think she got more confessionals than anyone else.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Flamingo12a 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flamingo12a Click to send private message to Flamingo12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Key Quotes "
>then Brandon said something
>like, yeah, he's a tough
>worker but he's dumb....
>

I remember thinking as Brandon said that, was that he didnt look like the shiniest penny in the roll either!

Colbys_Chick 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-16-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colbys_Chick Click to send private message to Colbys_Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Key Quotes "
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

"How can I win a million buck when she's here?"

I believe Jamie is going to be the first from his tribe to be gone by this quote, but I'm new at this.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-16-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Key Quotes "
--BJ: "I felt like a million bucks at the beginning of the race."

I think this had a lot more to do with the short term, he was dying at the end of the hike, than the long term $1mil. As soon as I heard that, I thought, he's gonna die on the hike.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-16-05, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Key Quotes "
The one that stuck out for me was Rafe's assessment of Gary's early leadership, "They always vote out the leader first." He went on to comment on Gary's "dumb strategy" (my words not his)

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Key Quotes "
I just thought it was interesting that he had two million dollar quotes in one episode. After the one made in TC, I thought, oh he's a goner...(but you never know.)

Slice and Dice Shop 2005, A Syren Speciality

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Key Quotes "
JP, when he gave his usual brak, brak, one survivor will win one million dollars, brak, brak.
-When he said the part about one person winning the $ it was video of Judd on the screen.

Do NOT call me "Poindexter"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •